Closing arguments- thread #177

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I confess I didn't watch the defense today instead I did errands and got a pedicure. I got home in time to watch Juan. I hope I'm not disappointed in the outcome of this trial like OJ and Casey. I want a guilty and death penalty and I'm usually against the death penalty.Bless the Alexander family and I hope we have the right jury.

On which feed?

ABC 15, it's back to the seal now, but there was some activity at the bench. I was told by a fellow WSer, that it was because InSession was still streaming. :scared: That would have been a speedy verdict!

The jury remembers it. Yes she did say it when Juan was questioning her. It WAS Jodi that said she hurt it that day.

She did not say that she injured her finger while she was stabbing Travis. I remember the exchange quite clearly and Juan mischaracterized that testimony.

She merely said yes to a question about hurting it that day. Juan did not need to go further than that.

Don't hash tag your own name Nurmi .. it is not good, you don't want to know.

if we sign up for a text from 23765 how do we unsign up when the trial is over. I won't be able to handle constant breaking news alerts from AZ

When you sign up you get a text that tells you how to discontinue the alerts

I did not like some of Juan's final closing. He mischaracterized Jodi's statements about the left finger. She never said that she injured it while stabbing Travis. It reflects badly on him to stoop that low. She was tripped up under cross, merely saying "yes" to the question about sustaining the ring finger injury on June 4th. That's it. Sadly, he didn't even have to mischaracterize it, just point out that she told Flores that the finger was injured on the day she killed Travis. That's all he needed to undermine her account about breaking her finger, as it contradicts her account on the stand.

His theory of the crime regarding the stabbing and ceiling pic is ridiculous. You exit the bathroom with the camera in hand to obtain the knife and then come back with the camera in still hand and then proceed to stab him? That stretches credulity to its extreme. He could have said that AFTER the ceiling pic, she exited the bathroom and dropped the camera down the hallway as she went for the knife or gun and then returned to the bathroom to kill him. This theory explains how the camera ended up down the hallway. It's far more plausible. I hope a juror isn't going to think, "well that theory of his is absurd and Jodi's does make more sense, so she must be telling the truth".
BBM: Yes, she slipped during her testimony and said she cut it the day of the murder. Also, in her story to Detective Flores about the Ninja's, she said her finger got cut, AND she showed him her left finger.

JMO

Azfamily just showed a bit more behind the scenes.

- Everyone speaking to JSS
- The MS probably showing the final jury instructions to JA

There were a few smiles by the attorneys and JSS too

The seal is back up now.

Attachments

• all (2).gif
    all (2).gif
    135 KB · Views: 92
  • miss.gif
    miss.gif
    62.4 KB · Views: 80
Just an FYI why time of deliberations is not indicative of the verdict:

O.J. Simpson was acquitted in less than four hours.

Phil Spector was convicted in 30 hours

Robert Blake was acquitted of first-degree murder in 35 hours.

Scott Peterson was convicted of first-degree and second-degree murder in seven days.

The Menendez brothers were convicted of two counts of first-degree murder for killing their parents in four days.

Of course, the woman we do not speak of was acquitted in ten hours and 40 minutes.

So, there is not much of a pattern to rely on. :twocents:

if we sign up for a text from 23765 how do we unsign up when the trial is over. I won't be able to handle constant breaking news alerts from AZ

They'll tell you. I am also signed up for breaking from CNN, and every message concludes with unsubscribe instructions.

I hope that armed deputy stays right on Jodi

I think he has too.., this is when defendant typically "snap" right? From now till the verdict....Iirc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost the link to live feed, can someone post me one, PLEASE, TIA

Here's one:

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/kphocom-local-live-streaming

Also You can click the link in my Siggy below to find a few more that were supplied by one of our WS members a couple of days ago.

EDIT~ The live feed seems to keep going on and off (for now) and seems to be looping where Jodi is called to the judge sidebar w/attnys, then showing her at table w/sheriff deputy and mitigation lady. Maybe something new later? I will monitor as long as I can stand it... get easily bored. LOL!

So weird seeing everyone looking so relaxed in the DF, Judge chatting with some lady. Just weird to see

You can just text the word STOP to the number. I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthPA