Closing arguments- thread #177

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if we sign up for a text from 23765 how do we unsign up when the trial is over. I won't be able to handle constant breaking news alerts from AZ

You text STOP to 23765 to end it

I had a blue Walmart bag so I dont have to take the plastic ones...cut a piece from it and made a ribbon for Travis and sending my energy to the jurors. Thanks for the idea. I lost the post of member that suggested we wear blue ribbon. Could not find one so Walmart bag worked perfectly.

Thanks Walmart for your accounting procedures and your witness.

So, in all likelihood the jury will go home at 4:30 and we will all have a very long weekend.

I'm going to try this again without blowing the margins....

Verdict Alert! Unleash the Wildebeasts!!!
1391532-bigthumbnail.jpg

@CamilleKimball 3m
Jury has chosen to deliberate 9 - 4:30, no weekends, starting Monday

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 10m
Jury will deliberate next week from 9:00 am to 4:30 until they reach a verdict. #JodiArias
Retweeted by micki
Expand
Jane Velez-Mitchell ‏@jvelezmitchell 10m
Jury deliberations will be Monday to Friday 12:00pm to 7:30pm ET for #JodiArias Follow me to find out the moment a verdict is in!
Expand

take our pick....I am going with the 9-4:30!

Nah, it's better to be with us and a bottle of vodka, or rum, or beer, or what ever tickles your fancy!

:) We should head over to the side bar, and play some tunes, and be silly! :crazy:

I'm headed to a real bar in a couple of hours .. if it was open now I'd be pouring DH into the car right now :)

Who is Ann Campbell?

Did anyone read the letter Jodi sent to the reporter guy?

I guess we'll see, won't we.

All I am certain of is that there will be no acquittal on "self-defense". I see manslaughter or a hung jury as a real possibility here.

I see the opposite. 1st degree or hung. I come to that conclusion by listening to all the jurors questions over the course of the trial. I definitely see at least one juror who would never bend and accept anything but 1st.

I have to check out for now, fingers crossed for guilty verdict:)
And, I want to add, Thank you to websleuths and all the posters, this was my first experience here and it has been great reading comments, discussing and participating.
ta ta for now, my weekend awaits. :)

I just heard that her cell will be a 7' X 12' space (if DP).

That's the size of my food pantry - exactly. I will enjoy cooking dinner....

They are allowed two "appliances". I wonder what that includes? One of mine would surely be a fan, since there's no airconditioning.

You know, now that I think about it, I really respect Juan Martinez for NOT using the clips of Jodi saying no jury would convict her or the one saying she'd beg for the death penalty. Why? Way too easy, too predictable, too "HLN" (if you'll forgive the reference). This isn't a soap opera, and the jury's not stupid, they know she said those things. It's not necessary. Had he gone that route, I think it would've insulted their intelligence as to the seriousness of their duty and the law.

Someone may have asked this already.

Where does Jodi wait?

I believe in the holding cells which look something like this. Thank you again katydid2 for the photos

Attachments

• hcell1.gif
    hcell1.gif
    72.1 KB · Views: 69
  • hcell2.gif
    hcell2.gif
    157.9 KB · Views: 68
  • hcell3.gif
    hcell3.gif
    124 KB · Views: 68
You know, Travis's friend just brought up a really good point...and one that we haven't discussed much that I saw anyway.

The self-defense defense has basically been DROPPED COMPLETELY!

It was hardly discussed, if at all, by Nurmi.

He went for "heat of passion" - you know, the "snapped" defefense - instead.

WHO DOES THAT? What lawyer on either side changes the story for the 4th time, in the MIDDLE OF THE TRIAL!?!?!
Happens more than we might think, and really is it a surprise? Based on the jury questions alone, I'm sure they surmised no one was buying the self defense claim. Could work against them because I'm sure the switch wasn't lost on the jury either.

He did not mischaracterise it. He got her to admit that her finger was injured that day. What more is needed? We know she was stabbing him. Are we to believe she was peeling an apple or something? Or injured her finger on a margarita glass, or a bit of metal, or another glass or...or? That day?

Yes. He did no mischaracterize. She said that her finger was injured that day. You can see and hear it right here at 20:20:30:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4Svvm7reY

HLN really likes the phone sex tape. JVM, it's her show, says it made her sick to be in the courtroom and hear that sex tape, but they're playing it on her show.
snipped

Yes, I ended up turning it off. Even if I mute it, they still put the words up on the screen. My kids can still read it, and I don't want them reading any of that.

I just went and found a blue paperclip. I'lll be carrying it around too. Great plan.

Good idea. I just clipped a blue one next to the elephant charm on the bracelet my daughter gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member