Closing arguments- thread #177

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, Travis's friend just brought up a really good point...and one that we haven't discussed much that I saw anyway.

The self-defense defense has basically been DROPPED COMPLETELY!

It was hardly discussed, if at all, by Nurmi.

He went for "heat of passion" - you know, the "snapped" defefense - instead.

WHO DOES THAT? What lawyer on either side changes the story for the 4th time, in the MIDDLE OF THE TRIAL!?!?!

He didn't ask them to acquit her either, which he should have if he had any faith in getting self defense.

I have NO DOUBT they will. Think about it. They dont want to wait till Monday. They want to get it over with. Any time now. 1 to 2 hours MAX.

MARK MY WORDS :floorlaugh:

They probably want to just plain TALK! I can't imagine them coming back today since I believe the courthouse closes at 5pm AZ time. I wish like hell they would but I think by end of the day on Monday. God I wish they could work this weekend.

She did not say that she injured her finger while she was stabbing Travis. I remember the exchange quite clearly and Juan mischaracterized that testimony.

She merely said yes to a question about hurting it that day. Juan did not need to go further than that.

She DOES say that the only visible injury she incurs while killing TA is the injury to her left finger. Clear as day she says it. I remember being completely floored that she had slipped up so badly. Even JM was taken aback and he say "pardon?".

Here's the link. Go to 2:20:30

http://youtu.be/AJ4Svvm7reY

I have had a blue paper clip in my hand during the judges last reading there. I clipped it on my clothes and will NOT take it off even if I have clip it to every shirt I wear from here on til verdict...I don't have any blue ribbons =/ In the shower it will be on the soap dish!

I just went and found a blue paperclip. I'lll be carrying it around too. Great plan.

On the live feed that just now ended, Juan was talking to someone and he was all smiles. He looked very relieved and very happy.
Was the someone male? If so that could have his brother. If she is female, I want to know who she is so I can send her a FB friend request :floorlaugh:

Oi. I'm still here you know. There's a few WSers who have their dibs on Mike. As lovely as Mike is, I'm not one of them

Mike, Juan, whomever....just so long as you all remember that I'm Seal's #1.

I hope the jury keeps thinking about these 3 things:

1. "If" I would have killed him, I would have had to do it humanely.

-He was slaughtered.

2. Whoever did this should get the death penalty.

-enough said.

3. The many times Jodi said on the witness stand- "If I were Travis, I would have jumped off a bridge!"

-translation; Travis should have killed HIMSELF (instead I HAD TO DO IT).

I guess we'll see, won't we.

All I am certain of is that there will be no acquittal on "self-defense". I see manslaughter or a hung jury as a real possibility here.

I hope to God the jury proves you wrong.

Ohhh, Wolfie, someone said they will only deliberate until 4:30 pm, when the courthouse closes - I'm bummed.

Watching some shrieking banshee on HLN who's kind of bashing Travis for the 12-year-old orgasm comment and "corking" (whatever that means).

Let's be real for a minute - it was a disturbing comment Travis made, and if a guy said that to me I would be alarmed. However, we don't have any context and no follow-up from Jodi or Travis about what he meant. It was a yucky comment but it does not mean Travis was a pedophile.

And EVEN if Travis did have some kind of sexual disorder (which he didn't) - it has nothing to do with the murder.

I don't think I can handle it if it goes thru the weekend OR LONGER...I feel like I have put my life on hold completely. (of course nothing compared to what Travis' family is going through, but just sharing how much it's affecting me).

just when I try to give JVM a chance....she has idiot talking heads on there....as long as they don't speak I can tolerate her show

She did not say that she injured her finger while she was stabbing Travis. I remember the exchange quite clearly and Juan mischaracterized that testimony.

She merely said yes to a question about hurting it that day. Juan did not need to go further than that.

He did not mischaracterise it. He got her to admit that her finger was injured that day. What more is needed? We know she was stabbing him. Are we to believe she was peeling an apple or something? Or injured her finger on a margarita glass, or a bit of metal, or another glass or...or? That day?

HLN really likes the phone sex tape. JVM, it's her show, says it made her sick to be in the courtroom and hear that sex tape, but they're playing it on her show.

Forget that private phone sex tape. Do not continue to let Travis be cast in that light!

Jodi is the freak of nature non-human.

Does anyone know if there is a video posted of Juan's rebuttal? I kind of crashed at the worst moment. lol

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member