Closing arguments- thread #177

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so ... someone tell me how the juror's get in and out of that building with the circus that surrounds it? And what in the world must they be thinking when they see all of the media/public hanging around?

Just an FYI why time of deliberations is not indicative of the verdict:

O.J. Simpson was acquitted in less than four hours.

Phil Spector was convicted in 30 hours

Robert Blake was acquitted of first-degree murder in 35 hours.

Scott Peterson was convicted of first-degree and second-degree murder in seven days.

The Menendez brothers were convicted of two counts of first-degree murder for killing their parents in four days.

Of course, the woman we do not speak of was acquitted in ten hours and 40 minutes.

So, there is not much of a pattern to rely on. :twocents:

Wendi Andriano (SP?) 2.5 hours :)

However long it takes to be sure .. I'm sure they will do this properly.

I guess we'll see, won't we.

All I am certain of is that there will be no acquittal on "self-defense". I see manslaughter or a hung jury as a real possibility here.

Not here. First degree. Absolutely first degree.

I guess we'll see, won't we.

All I am certain of is that there will be no acquittal on "self-defense". I see manslaughter or a hung jury as a real possibility here.

The Casey Anthony trial taught me that!

You know, Travis's friend just brought up a really good point...and one that we haven't discussed much that I saw anyway.

The self-defense defense has basically been DROPPED COMPLETELY!

It was hardly discussed, if at all, by Nurmi.

He went for "heat of passion" - you know, the "snapped" defefense - instead.

WHO DOES THAT? What lawyer on either side changes the story for the 4th time, in the MIDDLE OF THE TRIAL!?!?!

Only one who knows how preposterous "self-defense" is in this case and doesn't even believe it himself.

At least now it appears JA will be convicted of something....no chance for an acquittal.

:D

Originally Posted by NancyGracesBangs
Weird seeing her up at the Judge's desk

No doubt that it makes Jodi feel important and that this is all about her.

Just a guess but I'll bet the dt was asking to have ja stay at the court house during deliberations instead of going to the jail.

@CamilleKimball 3m
Jury has chosen to deliberate 9 - 4:30, no weekends, starting Monday

HLN really likes the phone sex tape. JVM, it's her show, says it made her sick to be in the courtroom and hear that sex tape, but they're playing it on her show.

Forget that private phone sex tape. Do not continue to let Travis be cast in that light!

Jodi is the freak of nature non-human.

Jeez, JVM, is hypocrite in your vocabulary?

She DOES say that the only visible injury she incurs while killing TA is the injury to her left finger. Clear as day she says it. I remember being completely floored that she had slipped up so badly. Even JM was taken aback and he say "pardon?".

Here's the link. Go to 2:20:30

http://youtu.be/AJ4Svvm7reY

I know that. I jumped all over that "mispeak" when it first happened. But she did not say that she sustained it while stabbing Travis. That was a theory proposed by Flores to explain the injury.

They will send a verifying text with the instructions on how to stop it when you send the request. I saved it because I know I won't remember how to stop it!! LOL

I had to stop mine last night cause of all the breaking text news AFTER I went to bed. Keep waking me up. I figure I would turn it back on when I am not near a computer or TV.

I am taking my kids swimming at the neighbors. Thanks for being such an amazing group of friends! I'll check back later.

Justice is near....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member