CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Tues 09/04/2012)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens to DP during deliberations? Is he in the courtroom or in jail the whole time? :waitasec:

That is exactly what makes me nervous about this jury. Somebody had to get them all onboard for the costume changes every day. That person will hold a lot of weight. if they are pro-DT then this may end up a not guilty verdict.

My thoughts exactly, katydid. :what:

I hope they had a big breakfast. Lunch after 3pm? I hope they were alert enough to pay attention and not be focusing on growling stomach's or getting dizzy from low blood sugar. Seriously, why was the lunch break so late?

I have nothing nice to say about the manner in which this judge runs his court room. None, so I'll be quiet.

back to catching up.

Agree. That's why i was glad Instructions were left for today. They had a long day and of course more annoying poptarting. It did appear this Judge gave little to no consideration to the Jurors. At least that's how it came across in tweets.

I already did, Bravo, so you're covered. Find a roomie -- LaLaw is mine, so no dibs.

They give big discounts to Sleuthers; I think there are some there already from a case in Florida....

Your awesome!!! LOL I wonder do those still recovering from last year get padded rooms? LOL I'll bring Sooner so she can recoup in wonderful surroundings. No updates from her yet but I didn't expect anything right now so not to worry. I'll post when i hear and heck she may pop in herself.

What happens to DP during deliberations? Is he in the courtroom or in jail the whole time? :waitasec:

I know the last trial i attended the accused was at the Courthouse during all deliberations. In a holding cell. If the Jurors had a request or question he was brought into the Courtroom to be present with his Lawyers and hear the request. Not in Illinois so it could be different.

But I just remember how much circumstantial evidence the pros. had against Scott P., yet he wouldn't have been convicted if those bodies hadn't washed up onshore. That's just why I feel so skeptical about the outcome of this case.

I'm sure this has been hashed and rehashed, but now the jury is in deliberations, I just can't believe they don't have that in the back of their minds either.

gaia:banghead:

I am wondering if in jury selection prospective jurors are ever asked if they would refuse to convict on a charge that consisted of circumstantial evidence.

Especially this jury. If they said "no" and got picked, it looks good.

I'm hoping today will make my day a little brighter with a GUILTY verdict. It's been a rough night with political turmoil in the beautiful city and province I was born and raised in.

My prayers going out to Kathleen's family. Let there be Justice, finally! :rose:

First, ~n/t~, let me thank YOU for the hard work you have done for us here on this forum to relay all the pages and pages of IS broadcasts, etc., through all these many days. Yes, you had others doing the same thing, but you always seemed to surface, seemingly tirelessly through it all.

Certainly the jury should have time, if they start off not too "far apart" from each other tomorrow morning, to arrive at a verdict by late tomorrow afternoon. That is assuming that things get underway fairly early as they should. :)what:) And I do hope so very deeply that it will be Guilty, but I am not going to predict it. It's not that I necessarily think they will decide the alternative, it's just that I am too "gun-shy" to think it might happen the way it should.

Certainly the unbelievable injustice done to Caylee has made me that way -- I really didn't see that curve ball coming, not one whit of it. And now we see Baez here & there, Mr. Big Stuff. Like LaLaw, I think I will shut the door, shut the book, shut whatever I can to separate myself from the evilness and lack of fairness that a NG verdict here will do to so many, many people. Whew. I just cannot think it -- it literally takes my breath away.

So let's think/hope that the jury will indeed be united in the right way for the right reasons for the right folks and for jurisprudence being restored just a little bit.

Thank you for the kind words. :hug:

In Session ‏@InSession
The jury will be charged this morning and then they will be given the case.

I am wondering if in jury selection prospective jurors are ever asked if they would refuse to convict on a charge that consisted of circumstantial evidence.

Especially this jury. If they said "no" and got picked, it looks good.

I get the feeling some of you don't understand what circumstantial evidence means. All evidence is circumstantial apart from confessions, eyewitness accounts and incriminating acts caught on camera/tape. DNA evidence is circumstantial, bodies washed ashore is circumstantial, fingerprint evidence is circumstantial.

The vast majority of convictions are based wholly or largely on circumstantial evidence, which is good because circumstantial is often far more reliable than direct evidence, (eg, I would trust DNA evidence any day over an eyewitness account or even a confession).

I get the feeling some of you don't understand what circumstantial evidence means. All evidence is circumstantial apart from confessions, eyewitness accounts and incriminating acts caught on camera/tape. DNA evidence is circumstantial, bodies washed ashore is circumstantial, fingerprint evidence is circumstantial.

The vast majority of convictions are based wholly or largely on circumstantial evidence, which is good because circumstantial is often far more reliable than direct evidence, (eg, I would trust DNA evidence any day over an eyewitness account or even a confession).

For sure. And least reliable is eye witness accounts. I hope they can get past the first hurdle before them. Was this a Murder. If they all agree on that there is a very good chance for a conviction :moo:

:please: for Justice for Kathleen ... and ... Justice for Stacy

:please:

I'm leaving the house here at 11 am. So I have about an hour before I have to get ready. I doubt it will start by then. At least unlike in the CA case this jury will not get the definition of what "reasonable doubt" is.

That is exactly what makes me nervous about this jury. Somebody had to get them all onboard for the costume changes every day. That person will hold a lot of weight. if they are pro-DT then this may end up a not guilty verdict.

BBM: :rocker: I agree ...

:waitasec: Let's hope this person is pro-PT !

:moo:

For sure. And least reliable is eye witness accounts. I hope they can get past the first hurdle before them. Was this a Murder. If they all agree on that there is a very good chance for a conviction :moo:

I think there is a good chance they can get past that hurdle, because even the defense's pathology witness stated that accidental drownings of sober adults in their bathtubs are very rare. That, along with the prosecution's forensic pathology evidence should hopefully clear that hurdle, at least if the jury uses their common sense.

Good morning all. Soon the Jury will have the case. We will wait and wait with bated breath. I cant imagine how Kathleen's Family and Friends feel. And of course Stacy's too. It may be her Family's only shot at any Justice :rose:

I think there is a good chance they can get past that hurdle, because even the defense's pathology witness stated that accidental drownings of sober adults in their bathtubs are very rare. That, along with the prosecution's forensic pathology evidence should hopefully clear that hurdle, at least if the jury uses their common sense.

Yes i pray these Jurors have common sense. It all points to Murder and DP being the Murderer.

Per Judge White on IS. Her predicts 6 hours and 38 minutes for a verdict. Not sure why he said 38 minutes LOL

Craig Wall ‏@craigrwall
Joel Brodsky says #DrewPeterson is "emotionally and mentally prepared for whatever happens." he faces up to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme