CNN News 1/1/09 (Videos Of Show Included)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I AM SOOO GLAD that you caught this also. I was starting to think I was crazy! lol
I heard LP say this too and it was THE NEXT DAY that they found the body. I was talkin to my sis at the time asking her if she heard that?
I think there is some himkiness here but I think the people that would have known didn't want to report it as, can you imagine what JB would have done if LP or P'I's would have located and reported the remains. It had to be the MM. I do think he was tipped off and LP even stated on NG that he would like to give MM the reward but didnt know if LE would be okay with that.

Actually, what LP stated was that the meter man could not accept a reward because he works for the county. That apparently was not true. What LP is saying now is that he will give the meter man the reward IF the meter man will allow LP to question him. I'm sure LE is just thrilled with that idea.

LP has said before that the body was found, parts of the body were found, Caylee was alive, etc. etc. etc. There's nothing special about him saying LE already had the body the day before she was found. If anything, the fact that she was found the next day proves him wrong.

Joy also said that Leonard put the body there and also stole from the Anthony home and that will be at trial. LOL

Meagain, I forgot about that, your right. aimee had the screen shots of Joy claiming that about LP, during her potty mouth chat room talk. This just gets :crazy: every day.

ETA: Sorry if I missed it, do we know for sure if Joy and the PI are married?

I think he is stating what Hoover told him.. .. that Dominic had called him (hoover). on the 15th (of nov.).
The way it was stated it was confusing.. but LP heard it from Hoover sometime after the body was discovered in Dec.

Okay, I see what you're saying. So, in essense, LP is accusing the PI's of finding the body and not reporting it, and also of planning to remove the body for some purpose without notifying LE. I hope they sue his hat off.

I've always heard 300 feet, which is 100 yards, like he said tonight.

This is the transcript and he said the meter reader was where the kids hung out and that was 600 yards but he was wrong on both counts because the meter reader was not where the kids hung out behind the school and he was not 600 yds away from the site of Caylee's remains.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/30/ng.01.html

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER, SEARCHED FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY: Well, I don`t know about that. But what I do know is that Hoover`s cell phone, some still photos and the tape, according to what he told one of the media people in Orlando, have been confiscated by the FBI.

So they have that in their -- also, let me explain something. The meter reader on the 11th, 12th and 13th was about 600 yards off. The place where the kids used to congregate is not where they found the body.

They found the body at the end of a fence that comes right off the meter of the two -- hope spring and the street there where the body was found. They found the body at the end of a fence that comes right off the corner of the two, Hope Spring and the street there where the body was found. So they were off by about 600 yards.

How do we know that nobody besides Casey knew (maybe I should say "came to know") where Caylee's remains were? It is at least possible that she told someone, so how can that be ruled out? It's as speculative as all the theories about what the PI's knew, from whom they learned it, what their motivation was in going to the area where Caylee's remains were ultimately found, etc. It's sort of hard to know which way to jump, because all the players are so tainted or suspect now, mired in ever changing statements (the A's, LP, for example), discussions of immunity, etc. JB jumped in with his claim of potential A/C privilege violations if the police inquired about the tape, causing more rampant speculation. Now the tape is taped over?

Just speculating, but perhaps the tape came out now in response to the public call by the defense, when they announced the tip line recently, for any information about the site where the body was found. There are people who will want to be the hero for the defense, or just be in the spotlight, and come up with photographs or videos showing the body wasn't there at X time, etc., so Casey can't have done it. More circus.

How do we know that nobody besides Casey knew (maybe I should say "came to know") where Caylee's remains were? It is at least possible that she told someone, so how can that be ruled out? It's as speculative as all the theories about what the PI's knew, from whom they learned it, what their motivation was in going to the area where Caylee's remains were ultimately found, etc. It's sort of hard to know which way to jump, because all the players are so tainted or suspect now, mired in ever changing statements (the A's, LP, for example), discussions of immunity, etc. JB jumped in with his claim of potential A/C privilege violations if the police inquired about the tape, causing more rampant speculation. Now the tape is taped over?

Just speculating, but perhaps the tape came out now in response to the public call by the defense, when they announced the tip line recently, for any information about the site where the body was found. There are people who will want to be the hero for the defense, or just be in the spotlight, and come up with photographs or videos showing the body wasn't there at X time, etc., so Casey can't have done it. More circus.

No one will convince me that the information about the tape came from any source other than LP, so in that you'd be correct, it was someone wanting to be in the spotlight.

Interesting. Dominic C's story is quite a bit different than LP's story about the video:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

"According to Casey he's the only private investigator working on the case for the Anthony's and admitted he went to the site where the remains were found November 15th.

"I went out there to determine if it really was a place where teens hung out,” Casey said.

Casey added that he was taking photos to document information found in discovery documents that stated it was a teen hang out. He said he was looking for items such as beer bottles, makeshift chairs and similar items.

While he was there, Casey said that James Hoover snuck up on him.

"As I turned around, Hoover was standing there with a video camera,” Casey said. “I said, 'What are you doing here?' He said, ‘I thought you might want help.' I said, ‘James, that's completely inappropriate’."

Casey took photos of the area and said he's turned over his photos to the Anthony's attorney, to give to prosecutors.

According to Casey, James Hoover now claims his video no longer exists, that he taped over it."

~~~~~

Nothing about finding remains or even looking for remains. Nothing about going to get the body. Nothing about wanting to sell the video. Actually, without LP's embellishments, the story makes perfect sense.

(snipped)
Nothing about finding remains or even looking for remains. Nothing about going to get the body. Nothing about wanting to sell the video. Actually, without LP's embellishments, the story makes perfect sense.

Actually, LP is repeating what Jim H supposedly told him. I would be interested in what JH has to say for himself. And I would not expect DC to admit he was there looking for a body if he was.

Let me see if I've got this straight. LP claims that the PI's filmed the area in November - but not the right area - and didn't find a body. Then they were going to sell this tape of no body in the wrong area to the media. In December, a month after the didn't find the body and before the meter reader did find the body, the PI's told him they were "going to get" this body that wasn't there. And, in his mind, this is proof that the A's knew the body was there.

Is that it?

Very funny.

Interesting. Dominic C's story is quite a bit different than LP's story about the video:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

"According to Casey he's the only private investigator working on the case for the Anthony's and admitted he went to the site where the remains were found November 15th.

"I went out there to determine if it really was a place where teens hung out,” Casey said.

Casey added that he was taking photos to document information found in discovery documents that stated it was a teen hang out. He said he was looking for items such as beer bottles, makeshift chairs and similar items.

"As I turned around, Hoover was standing there with a video camera,” Casey said. “I said, 'What are you doing here?' He said, ‘I thought you might want help.' I said, ‘James, that's completely inappropriate’."

Casey took photos of the area and said he's turned over his photos to the Anthony's attorney, to give to prosecutors.

According to Casey, James Hoover now claims his video no longer exists, that he taped over it."

~~~~~

I'm not surprised!:rolleyes:

Okay, LP was obviously saying that the PI's called him in November saying they'd found the body:

"He says, 'Yeah Dominic called me on the 15th and said you gotta get up here we found Caylee.' Hoover tells me that he then asked Dominic 'Is she alive?' 'No she's dead,'" said Padilla.

By December 15th, LE had been working the scene for 4 days. So why is LP changing his story to make even less sense than it did in the first place?

The bolded part makes no sense to me whatsoever...if Hoover was at the SITE with DC, why would he have to ask Dominic that question? I think I need to break out my hipwaders, it's getting really deep all of a sudden. Speaking of that -- If the locals reported that area was FLOODED (and TES) and didn't drain off and dry up until 2 weeks before the remains were discovered, how the heck would they know if a body was there or not? Either to 'get it' or to substantiate whether it was not there with the video. I can't imagine DC wading off into those snake infested woods to get a closeup. Now is Drunk Cowboy/Caylee is Alive/Psycho Woman affiliated with DC or with Hoover? I would think Hoover since he just 'showed up on the scene' one day and ingratiated himself, and wasn't 'hired'. Oh -- and how conveeeeeenient that his tape got taped over after the sheet hit the fan. I'll bet it shows up again one day...maybe he found a buyer?

Actually, LP is repeating what Jim H supposedly told him. I would be interested in what JH has to say for himself. And I would not expect DC to admit he was there looking for a body if he was.

That's true, but experience has shown me that if you have two stories, one that makes perfect sense and one that makes absolutely no sense at all, and the one that makes on sense at all is told by someone who is a known liar who also has an agenda to stay in the media spotlight, go with the logical story every time.

~~~~~

That would make him one sorry PI to allow someone to sneak up on him in such an area with a video camera, wouldn't it?! LOL

There is a television station claiming to have actually seen the video taken by JH and this account from D. Casey could be discredited rather quickly.

Hoover briefly showed an Eyewitness News photographer a short clip of the videotape, which appeared to be authentic; the fence was recognizable.

"They know the existence of the tape and want to look at all evidence that's available," Padilla said.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18394140/detail.html

No. It doesn't make perfect sense for him to be in the same place taking photographs where the body was found a month later. His story of following up Kiomarie's story is ridiculous as it was released months before.

The spin this time is going to be out of the A fam and the defense team's control. I believe it is already in the hands of OCSO and the FBI. They are going to get to the bottom of this and JB is going to fight them every step of the way to prevent things coming out in the interviews.

Baez has filed a motion asking a judge to appoint someone to oversee any interview of Casey. He said Casey had access to privileged information.

For their part, investigators said they want to question Casey, and they said they already turned down a request from Baez to be present at that interview.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18371232/detail.html

Ok Ok Ok...like LP, don't like LP! How come SOME people have to turn every thread into a bash LP fest? Same people, different thread! He is a human being just speculating like the rest of us, Give it a rest!

Ok Ok Ok...like LP, don't like LP! How come SOME people have to turn every thread into a bash LP fest? Same people, different thread! He is a human being just speculating like the rest of us, Give it a rest!

I'm sorry, I just dont see it as bashing. And after seeing him on tv I really have no doubt he could handle all this debate and opinion, I just don't see him as a thin skin type of guy. JMO :rolleyes:

That's true, but experience has shown me that if you have two stories, one that makes perfect sense and one that makes absolutely no sense at all, and the one that makes on sense at all is told by someone who is a known liar who also has an agenda to stay in the media spotlight, go with the logical story every time.

As far as LP, we know a video was taken, DC admits that JH was filming. Now the only question for me is why? I have to question why DC would be taking photos based on discovery docs if he wasn't no longer working for Baez. Kinda sounds like an reason pulled out of the hat because it sounds good. But in reality, there would be no reason for a PI to be doing defense work if he was no longer working for the defense.

And I still want to hear from JH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back