Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm very happy to see this: "The family also retained a Private Investigating Team to help in the search."

It's been a whole week already.. :(

I just noticed his IG bio says: "La vida es como la espuma, por eso hay que darse como el mar." -

Translated, that means: "Life is like foam, so you have to be like the sea."

I wonder if he recently posted that quote, or if it has it been there a while.

Could there be a deeper meaning, or am I looking too deep?

Creepy neighbor?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 5.07.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 5.07.48 PM.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 336
Creepy neighbor?

attachment.php

I read that as a joke, like Adam was the one who took the "creepy" picture of HIS neighbor and was just messing around like "it would be funny if I sent it to the dude".

In any case though, should be noted that that picture was seemingly from before he moved to Denver.

Ah, ok. Whew.. Sorry, maybe I'm just going too deep here. I'm just so frustrated and sad about this case. :(

I just noticed his IG bio says: "La vida es como la espuma, por eso hay que darse como el mar." -

I don't think you're looking too deep, there's clearly meaning behind that quote, but it's probably something abstract and specific to Adam in a way that random people could never exactly comprehend--it could be anything.

For a little more context, some ideas could come from the movie it's from "Y tu Mama Tambien", but for all we know it has nothing whatsoever to do with the film and he just felt something in the quote itself.

I've seen the movie but it was probably 15 years ago and unfortunately I don't remember the context of that line at all.

For what it's worth, it's a pretty dark, emotional movie (I'm hesitant to say "depressing", although it is, but not in the typical sense), but it is what it is. It's a great movie that really did make me "think" but it didn't have any specific application or message to my actual life, if that makes sense.

When and where was this exactly, him "hanging out with a Hispanic man"?? Which friends saw this, when and where?

Also, part time translator for the DEA? I'm hoping this will move the investigation/prioritize it a little more.

I need to know where and when he was talking to this man. I am ready to go right now to do whatever I can to help. Please help advise folks.

I just started looking into this case and these two points stick out like a sore thumb to me. Before I read this part I had wondered if he harmed himself... but now I suspect foul play. Maybe he was followed home and abducted. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think you're looking too deep, there's clearly meaning behind that quote, but it's probably something abstract and specific to Adam in a way that random people could never exactly comprehend--it could be anything.

For a little more context, some ideas could come from the movie it's from "Y tu Mama Tambien", but for all we know it has nothing whatsoever to do with the film and he just felt something in the quote itself.

I've seen the movie but it was probably 15 years ago and unfortunately I don't remember the context of that line at all.

For what it's worth, it's a pretty dark, emotional movie (I'm hesitant to say "depressing", although it is, but not in the typical sense), but it is what it is. It's a great movie that really did make me "think" but it didn't have any specific application or message to my actual life, if that makes sense.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful replies! :hug:

OMG :( I remember this and never heard that they found him. I found it was ruled an accidental drowning most likely due to drug use. Shoot. And I know this area well, I volunteered there planting trees. It's pretty wide open, but you'd have to be on the trail to see where he was.

Back to Adam, he seems fond of the lakes at Wash Park. That area is super busy though with runners and dog walkers, you'd think something would have been found by now. I wonder if they've considered taking dogs out?
Here is a map from Syntax to Washington Park.

Shared route
From Syntax Physic Opera to Washington Park via E Louisiana Ave.

8 min (2.2*mi)
7 min in current traffic

1. Head south on S Broadway toward E Center Ave
2. Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto the I-25 S ramp
3. Keep right, follow signs for Washington Street/Emerson Street
4. Turn left onto E Louisiana Ave
5. Turn left onto S High St
6. Arrive at location: Washington Park

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/8A9KLcjoSEG2

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Shared route

8 min (2.2*mi)
7 min in current traffic

This is the walking route

Shared route
From Syntax Physic Opera to Washington Park via E Center Ave.

36 min (1.7*mi)

2. Turn left onto E Center Ave
3. Turn right onto S Downing St
4. Turn left at E Exposition Ave
5. Turn right
6. Turn left toward S Franklin St
7. Turn right toward S Franklin St
8. Turn left toward S Franklin St
9. Turn right toward S Franklin St
10. Turn left at S Humboldt St
11. Turn right onto S Franklin St
12. Turn left onto E Tennessee Ave
13. Arrive at location: Washington Park

To see this route visit https://goo.gl/maps/nN7dAuCXSvz

I am a native speaker of Spanish and I must confess I did not quite catch what this quote meant so I googled it -if you paste the sentence on the Google page it takes you to the Wordreference page where it was discussed- people think it might mean never give up or be generous to others because life is not eternal.

This quote could be read in so many different ways that I think it is best not to look into it too deep. Maybe he just watched the movie and loved it.

My favourite quote from a movie is "Love is universal migraine" I had it for a while on my FB page just because I found funny the character on the movie said this, not because I agree with it.

This could be the case as well.

I cannot wait to read good news about Adam.

Shared route

8 min (2.2*mi)
7 min in current traffic

When I pulled up the map it was going to a point in the neighborhood Washington park, not the actual park.

That spot is just a couple blocks from the park itself, but it's on the clear other side of the park from Syntax and Adam's apartment.

Syntax to the nearest edge of the park is like a half mile at most.

I have been following the news regarding Adam, I'm.also gay, reside in Denver and am active on the apps like Grinder and Scruff.

So here is my perspective, based on what little we know. Adam appears to be a good, wholesome, sweet guy with a bright future ahead of him. He looks like a lot of other late 20 something's that reside in Denver, which as a very sizeable gay population. As a general rule of thumb, the modern gay man in a progressive, really fun town like Denver is not going to experience any kind of harassment when he decides to go out and socialize.

So who would harass a good guy like Adam? I think it was someone he may have been involved with, and Adam was doing his best to end it with this individual, once and for all.

You see, gay men as a rule of thumb, lead very discreet lives. We keep our jobs and families, and friends separate from our pursuit of romance or just quick sex. The culture of apps like Grinder and Scruff are used for quick hookups with our other gay brothers. You either hit it off, or you don't!

If Adam is like most guys that I have met, he is probably very discreet. So it is unlikely, that he would confide in family or friends, if he was having a problem with someone

So I believe that the harassment was occurring via instant messaging, thru one of the apps, or even over the phone. The whole night revolved around Adam nipping this situation in the bud.

My take on the Instagram video, was that he knew that he was dealing with someone who was emotionally or mentally unstable and that it was a message to the people he loved!

The key is to find out who he was on the phone with at Syntax! He left the bar knowing that a confrontation was ahead of him.

Other possible angles would be someone's jealous boyfriend or some drug addict knowing his profession as a hospice nurse, with access to powerful drugs like morphine.

Praying for him, his family, and everyone involved in the search!

QUOTE=Bsmall1968;13828800]Based upon the IG video he posted, saying "I love you guys, I really do" and then the phone shutting down....this leads me to believe that whatever has happened was at his own making. I strongly believe that DPD is probably drawing the same conclusion (this is IF they do not have other supplemental information that has not been shared). I believe that "third party harm" is much less likely based on what we know. No distress is shown in the IG video, he is alone in Syntax and no suspicious characters visible. If he was in distress, the bartender would have recalled that based on the lack of patronage at the time. I don't believe that the phone mysteriously "died" due to batter life at the EXACT moment he leaves.....way too coincidental to be plausible. He shut it down manually IMO.

His previous FB posts indicate that he is often around Washington Park at sunrise. However, he would most likely have changed clothes if he was out for a "morning routine" run or exercise. The key questions really are: What was at his home? Clothing missing? Cell phone charger? Etc....

DPD most likely has the numbers he last called and texted and are following up on that information. I am just not sure what data is saved by dating/hook up apps that can be later accessed by LE. That could be the key here and not sure that information is readily available. These apps operate on anonymity and probably don't save a lot of crucial information IMO.

Unfortunately, because DPD is being VERY tight lipped about this, it makes me curious as to what they know/don't know. Why have we not had statements or updates directly from DPD asking for public help? This is very unusual in missing cases, unless they are aware of something very specific.

Sorry, I don't mean to ramble....just thinking like a cop again![/QUOTE]

Gilbertson had been at a Denver night club late Thursday and was last seen early the following morning "hanging out with a Hispanic man that his friends did not know."

IMO, we don't even have a clear timeline.
According to many media reports, he was last seen leaving the Syntax.
Then, there is this wild card thrown out there about the mystery Hispanic man that he was hanging out with 'early the following morning'.
What time? Where was he seen with this man? Not at the club, I presume, since he is not mentioned in any of the articles as being with AG at the club, and also since it was 'after' he left the club.
Presumably his 'friends' (which friends?) saw him with Hispanic guy, since they must have said they couldn't identify him.
This is a HUGE piece of the puzzle!
I'm tempted to ask about it on the "Find Adam Ronald Gilbertson" fb group page, but it seems to be mostly a share flyers and tip line page, IYKWIM.
Hopefully more will come out about this.

I also haven't found any reports from his normal group of friends saying anything like, "I talked to him that day and he was in a normal happy mood." or "It seems like something has been weighing on his mind a lot lately, he's been in an unusually somber mood." Or even from his parents, siblings, etc. saying anything like, "We talked on the phone Wednesday and he was super excited for Christmas!" or anything indicating his state of mind recently. No clues there so far.
Did he have a love interest/current partner? Was he just dating around like young people do? Had he recently gone through a bad breakup? I know he was to start a new job but didn't show up for the first day because he'd disappeared. Did he have substance abuse issues? Had he in the past? The holidays are a huge stressor for many people. If he was not able to go 'home' to his family at Christmas, perhaps that put him in a depressed mood.
Was he the kind of person to go out with friends a lot or was he a homebody most nights? Did he have any hobbies that he participated in outside the home? He seems, from his IG, to be outdoor-ish, did he often go off by himself for a hike, camping in the mountains, or did he have special places in nature that he found peaceful? As mentioned, just from his IG, it seems he has visited Washington Park (where Smith Lake is located) at least a few times.

Hopefully by now, all business in the area have been talked to by LE and any video footage is being or has been reviewed.
Sometimes they keep under wraps any footage they may have right at first.
I know I have mentioned the case of Paul Kochu upthread, and I just am having a hard time separating these two cases in my head. So many coincidences; both nurses, both were out drinking the night they disappeared, Paul had been been given a pretty hard time that night by his 'friends' resulting in great upset and supposedly Adam told the Lyft driver that he'd been having some (at least) annoying attention that night. Both took off on foot late at night, Paul from his house after returning there from the bar. Etc. Etc. Etc.

As you can probably tell, I have the feeling that Adam left of his own free will, purposely, to either harm himself or to just 'get away'. In my gut though, I don't think he's alive and well out there taking some time to clear his head. Sadly, I think he is likely no longer with us. I hope he is soon found, for the sake of his family.

ALL of this is my opinion only.

Gilbertson had been at a Denver night club late Thursday and was last seen early the following morning "hanging out with a Hispanic man that his friends did not know."

IMO, we don't even have a clear timeline.
According to many media reports, he was last seen leaving the Syntax.
Then, there is this wild card thrown out there about the mystery Hispanic man that he was hanging out with 'early the following morning'.
What time? Where was he seen with this man? Not at the club, I presume, since he is not mentioned in any of the articles as being with AG at the club, and also since it was 'after' he left the club.
Presumably his 'friends' (which friends?) saw him with Hispanic guy, since they must have said they couldn't identify him.
This is a HUGE piece of the puzzle!
I'm tempted to ask about it on the "Find Adam Ronald Gilbertson" fb group page, but it seems to be mostly a share flyers and tip line page, IYKWIM.
Hopefully more will come out about this.

I also haven't found any reports from his normal group of friends saying anything like, "I talked to him that day and he was in a normal happy mood." or "It seems like something has been weighing on his mind a lot lately, he's been in an unusually somber mood." Or even from his parents, siblings, etc. saying anything like, "We talked on the phone Wednesday and he was super excited for Christmas!" or anything indicating his state of mind recently. No clues there so far.
Did he have a love interest/current partner? Was he just dating around like young people do? Had he recently gone through a bad breakup? I know he was to start a new job but didn't show up for the first day because he'd disappeared. Did he have substance abuse issues? Had he in the past? The holidays are a huge stressor for many people. If he was not able to go 'home' to his family at Christmas, perhaps that put him in a depressed mood.
Was he the kind of person to go out with friends a lot or was he a homebody most nights? Did he have any hobbies that he participated in outside the home? He seems, from his IG, to be outdoor-ish, did he often go off by himself for a hike, camping in the mountains, or did he have special places in nature that he found peaceful? As mentioned, just from his IG, it seems he has visited Washington Park (where Smith Lake is located) at least a few times.

Hopefully by now, all business in the area have been talked to by LE and any video footage is being or has been reviewed.
Sometimes they keep under wraps any footage they may have right at first.
I know I have mentioned the case of Paul Kochu upthread, and I just am having a hard time separating these two cases in my head. So many coincidences; both nurses, both were out drinking the night they disappeared, Paul had been been given a pretty hard time that night by his 'friends' resulting in great upset and supposedly Adam told the Lyft driver that he'd been having some (at least) annoying attention that night. Both took off on foot late at night, Paul from his house after returning there from the bar. Etc. Etc. Etc.

As you can probably tell, I have the feeling that Adam left of his own free will, purposely, to either harm himself or to just 'get away'. In my gut though, I don't think he's alive and well out there taking some time to clear his head. Sadly, I think he is likely no longer with us. I hope he is soon found, for the sake of his family.

ALL of this is my opinion only.

When I initially read the reports and this "strange hispanic man" was mentioned I was under the impression that Adam was seen with him at Charley's.

The ONLY place the Hispanic male and DEA is mentioned is on his thread. No other source can confirm this. If the original poster of the Hispanic male and DEA connection can cite sources that would help. Misinformation is very dangerous to these cases.

I have been following the news regarding Adam, I'm.also gay, reside in Denver and am active on the apps like Grinder and Scruff.

So here is my perspective, based on what little we know. Adam appears to be a good, wholesome, sweet guy with a bright future ahead of him. He looks like a lot of other late 20 something's that reside in Denver, which as a very sizeable gay population. As a general rule of thumb, the modern gay man in a progressive, really fun town like Denver is not going to experience any kind of harassment when he decides to go out and socialize.

So who would harass a good guy like Adam? I think it was someone he may have been involved with, and Adam was doing his best to end it with this individual, once and for all.

You see, gay men as a rule of thumb, lead very discreet lives. We keep our jobs and families, and friends separate from our pursuit of romance or just quick sex. The culture of apps like Grinder and Scruff are used for quick hookups with our other gay brothers. You either hit it off, or you don't!

If Adam is like most guys that I have met, he is probably very discreet. So it is unlikely, that he would confide in family or friends, if he was having a problem with someone

So I believe that the harassment was occurring via instant messaging, thru one of the apps, or even over the phone. The whole night revolved around Adam nipping this situation in the bud.

My take on the Instagram video, was that he knew that he was dealing with someone who was emotionally or mentally unstable and that it was a message to the people he loved!

The key is to find out who he was on the phone with at Syntax! He left the bar knowing that a confrontation was ahead of him.

Other possible angles would be someone's jealous boyfriend or some drug addict knowing his profession as a hospice nurse, with access to powerful drugs like morphine.

Praying for him, his family, and everyone involved in the search!

QUOTE=Bsmall1968;13828800]Based upon the IG video he posted, saying "I love you guys, I really do" and then the phone shutting down....this leads me to believe that whatever has happened was at his own making. I strongly believe that DPD is probably drawing the same conclusion (this is IF they do not have other supplemental information that has not been shared). I believe that "third party harm" is much less likely based on what we know. No distress is shown in the IG video, he is alone in Syntax and no suspicious characters visible. If he was in distress, the bartender would have recalled that based on the lack of patronage at the time. I don't believe that the phone mysteriously "died" due to batter life at the EXACT moment he leaves.....way too coincidental to be plausible. He shut it down manually IMO.

His previous FB posts indicate that he is often around Washington Park at sunrise. However, he would most likely have changed clothes if he was out for a "morning routine" run or exercise. The key questions really are: What was at his home? Clothing missing? Cell phone charger? Etc....

DPD most likely has the numbers he last called and texted and are following up on that information. I am just not sure what data is saved by dating/hook up apps that can be later accessed by LE. That could be the key here and not sure that information is readily available. These apps operate on anonymity and probably don't save a lot of crucial information IMO.

Unfortunately, because DPD is being VERY tight lipped about this, it makes me curious as to what they know/don't know. Why have we not had statements or updates directly from DPD asking for public help? This is very unusual in missing cases, unless they are aware of something very specific.

Sorry, I don't mean to ramble....just thinking like a cop again!
[/QUOTE]

Welcome Sonicsupervibe :)

:wave:

The ONLY place the Hispanic male and DEA is mentioned is on his thread. No other source can confirm this. If the original poster of the Hispanic male and DEA connection can cite sources that would help. Misinformation is very dangerous to these cases.

Those were both said in mainstream news articles in the first couple days of this thread. The DEA reference is from this article. I’m not able to read it, but the poster that posted the article must have signed up to read it, and posted what it said:

http://www.southernminn.com/northfield_news/news/article_d10c22fb-d32e-5e1d-96c1-2cefed10cf05.html

I’ll see if I can find the reference to the Hispanic man.

EDITED to add: Check post #10. That’s where the articles can be found.

Having said that, of course it’s very possible the reporting was mixed up or wrong. Sadly we see that all too often here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another update:

http://www.southernminn.com/northfield_news/news/article_d10c22fb-d32e-5e1d-96c1-2cefed10cf05.html
http://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-...man-reported-missing-after-leaving-denver-bar

He attended Concordia College, before transferring to a school in Wyoming. He moved to Denver four months ago and has also been working as a part-time translator for the Drug Enforcement Administration and a yoga instructor.

5a380ddb876e4.image.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder
Back