Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the candle video, I thought he looked teary. However, bleery/boozy could certainly appear teary as well. I still think the video looks like a farewell statement. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

I would recommend looking in abandoned buildings within close proximity. I don't think he's far.

This may sound very stupid and I apologize in advance if anyone else has brought this up already, but could he have been fearing for his life due to a current or ex-lover harassing him, and perhaps the blowing out the candle was a clue he left loved ones and friends, that in case something happened to him, to look for a current or exlover to be responsible for his disappearance?

To many people, candles are romantic. It might have been his only way to leave a clue.

I noticed that the Denver Police Department has quite a few HALO street cameras installed throughout the city, but unfortunately none are located near Syntax or Adam's apartment.

Link: https://www.denvergov.org/content/d...artment/safety-prevention/street-cameras.html

Although, it looks like there are a bunch of street cameras located in the area that the Lyft driver dropped Adam off at his car. Perhaps the cameras could at least be used to partially track Adam's movements between the time he left the parking lot to the time he went to Syntax. It would be interesting to know if he stopped somewhere else, within camera view, before going to Syntax.

There are train tracks just west of the sam's club behind the Home Depot that run along the river.

Did we ever find out if he works at the Iyengar Yoga Center? That is directly south of Syntax a few blocks.

I *think* those tracks are all Lightrail tracks. Not 100% sure though. I just recall having to drop my roommate off over there one night when she was meeting a friend.

That's what I thought all along! Who would "harass" a gay man in Denver? Probably an ex, or someone he didn't want to be involved with!

There are rail lines further west that are primarily for freight trains and the Amtrak. However, in this day and age it is unlikely people are able to hop freight trains without being discovered.

There are rail lines further west that are primarily for freight trains and the Amtrak. However, in this day and age it is unlikely people are able to hop freight trains without being discovered.

A teenager hopped a coal train in March in Colorado Springs and rode it all the way to Texas with a bag of Skittles. People will do weird things to get away if they want to.

Maybe it's the skittles that make people do weird things! That is a strange story though. Although I do feel that in this situation there is as much a likelihood Adam left of his own accord. With two weeks having passed and no credible evidence of his being in the area (at least not anything that has been revealed by LE or family) it is just as likely he has left the area.

Maybe it's the skittles that make people do weird things! That is a strange story though. Although I do feel that in this situation there is as much a likelihood Adam left of his own accord. With two weeks having passed and no credible evidence of his being in the area (at least not anything that has been revealed by LE or family) it is just as likely he has left the area.

Hey hey hey...no dissing on the Skittles, they got me through many a night of studying Biochem.

Or he is no longer living [emoji22]

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

After a break from reading this past week I am surprised Adam has not been found. But there are some amazing insightful posts and ideas I have just caught up on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/amp/kdvr.com...us-death-after-body-found-in-wooded-area/amp/

“Adams County Sheriff’s Office investigates suspicious death after body found in wooded area”

20 miles north of where Adam lives. There is also a missing 19 year old girl from Broomfield which is much closer to where this body was found.

Odd that they didn’t mention a gender or how long they think the body had been there. Perhaps it’s been there quite a while and they’re unable to identify the gender? I hope we have news soon, one way or another.

Odd that they didn’t mention a gender or how long they think the body had been there. Perhaps it’s been there quite a while and they’re unable to identify the gender? I hope we have news soon, one way or another.

My thought too. The initial tweet from LE went out around 17 hours ago so I would think they would have gender information by now if the body hasn’t been there too long. Lack of information when there are several missing people in CO is frustrating, but due to lack of sleep I’m frustrated easily at the moment. [emoji4]

Locals, do you know if any SAR teams with dogs have been deployed at this point? I am convinced he didn't go far at all, and just keep thinking he ended up in an abandoned building or basement. I would really like to see dogs used in this case, I think it could be very helpful.

Here is why I feel the suicide theory doesn't fit. Usually, a person will either leave a note or something behind to indicate they were contemplating such a thing before disappearing. Yes, I know some folks commit suicide without a warning, but usually, those are the ones that are found immediately from a drug overdose, slitting wrists, hanging, gun shot wound to the head, etc. Very rare does a person who is planning to commit suicide not leave some kind of clue or reason as to why and is usually found within a short period of time if it was something spontaneous. Those who come from loving families and close friends don't set out to hurt them and just wouldn't torture them like this by picking a difficult place to find his body.

Adam just didn't appear to be the kind of person to lead his loved ones on a wild goose chase like this, hoping for the best but contemplating the worst. It just doesn't fit with him, at least that is my vibe and opinion on this.

I still wonder if the candle being blown out was a clue left behind that in case something happened to him, look to a current lover or ex to be responsible for whatever happened to him. If he was being stalked by someone, he might not have known their name at the time he disappeared. If it was an ex lover or current lover, the candle may represent that person to him.

Here is why I feel the suicide theory doesn't fit. Usually, a person will either leave a note or something behind to indicate they were contemplating such a thing before disappearing. Yes, I know some folks commit suicide without a warning, but usually, those are the ones that are found immediately from a drug overdose, slitting wrists, hanging, gun shot wound to the head, etc. Very rare does a person who is planning to commit suicide not leave some kind of clue or reason as to why and is usually found within a short period of time if it was something spontaneous. Those who come from loving families and close friends don't set out to hurt them and just wouldn't torture them like this by picking a difficult place to find his body.

Adam just didn't appear to be the kind of person to lead his loved ones on a wild goose chase like this, hoping for the best but contemplating the worst. It just doesn't fit with him, at least that is my vibe and opinion on this.

I still wonder if the candle being blown out was a clue left behind that in case something happened to him, look to a current lover or ex to be responsible for whatever happened to him. If he was being stalked by someone, he might not have known their name at the time he disappeared. If it was an ex lover or current lover, the candle may represent that person to him.
According to this article, only 15% to 38% leave a suicide note.

https://www.speakingofsuicide.com/2014/04/23/the-unwritten-goodbye/

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I *think* those tracks are all Lightrail tracks. Not 100% sure though. I just recall having to drop my roommate off over there one night when she was meeting a friend.

Are those trains running at night? Could Adam have been heading to the stop behind the Home Depot?

He did leave a note. A video note. I interpreted that video as “farewell”.

Locals, do you know if any SAR teams with dogs have been deployed at this point? I am convinced he didn't go far at all, and just keep thinking he ended up in an abandoned building or basement. I would really like to see dogs used in this case, I think it could be very helpful.

I don’t think so. Nothing on the news and that would definitely be newsworthy

Are those trains running at night? Could Adam have been heading to the stop behind the Home Depot?

Just looked quickly, it looks like the C, D, E, F, and H run through that Alameda station. I looked and for example, Monday - Thursday, the D runs from there until 12:32. I didn’t look at the others (C stops running in the 6pm hour). So yes, at least one train runs that late. But I’d expect they’d have surveillance on him there.

http://www.rtd-denver.com/lightrail.shtml
f1da307aec3784d2d9cff4aff40485c5.jpg
f4676aa44a6346d9a849bc07b2040f0a.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members