Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have found nothing on the Adam FB Page that states that anyone called in to confirm on the body found in Aurora yesterday. In fact, the media report was that until the Arapahoe County Coroner completes it's identification process and notifies 'next of kin', there would be no further information on that situation.

I just posted the quote that I saw. It’s on the page of “visitor posts” -

Getting info on this is like pulling teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, well then let's hope it is accurate. Just seems odd that any authority would confirm something like that while a coroners investigation is still underway. Not sure who one would call anyways to ask that question of. But, could be accurate.

Hmm, well then let's hope it is accurate. Just seems odd that any authority would confirm something like that while a coroners investigation is still underway. Not sure who one would call anyways to ask that question of. But, could be accurate.

I agree. I hope it’s accurate as well. It seemed pretty soon to rule him out.

As we see in the Natalie Bollinger case, they probably do a prelim ID if it fits someone’s description before the coroner ever sees the body. It could be the stats don’t match up at all.

I agree. I hope it’s accurate as well. It seemed pretty soon to rule him out.

The identification could have been unofficial and that is what was communicated to the family and then some big mouth they told decided to post it in an open forum.

My frustrations come from the complete and total “blackout”of information. I contacted all of the original reporters from the various news stations. All of them responded, saying that they have received no new information.

When Adam first went missing, the administrators of the find Adam Facebook page spoke of a “video that was too large to post” left by Adam prior to his disappearance. A commentator on the feed offered their assistance in compressing the file so the video could be shared. The page administrator replied, saying “we are awaiting guidance from Denver Police before posting this video”. Within a day all posts and comments related to the discussion surrounding this video was deleted by the page administrator.

What is frustrating is that so many people have offered their services to help in searches, etc. well, no organized searches, no public release of new information, nothing. I have donated to the go fund me page and have offered assistance in any way I can help. SILENCE.

It is almost seems as though the authorities and the family know much more than they are sharing. As time passes, people are going to stop caring which is very sad for Adam. The family needs to bring forth information soon before interest completely dwindles to nothing. Just my opinion.

My frustrations come from the complete and total “blackout”of information. I contacted all of the original reporters from the various news stations. All of them responded, saying that they have received no new information.

When Adam first went missing, the administrators of the find Adam Facebook page spoke of a “video that was too large to post” left by Adam prior to his disappearance. A commentator on the feed offered their assistance in compressing the file so the video could be shared. The page administrator replied, saying “we are awaiting guidance from Denver Police before posting this video”. Within a day all posts and comments related to the discussion surrounding this video was deleted by the page administrator.

What is frustrating is that so many people have offered their services to help in searches, etc. well, no organized searches, no public release of new information, nothing. I have donated to the go fund me page and have offered assistance in any way I can help. SILENCE.

It is almost seems as though the authorities and the family know much more than they are sharing. As time passes, people are going to stop caring which is very sad for Adam. The family needs to bring forth information soon before interest completely dwindles to nothing. Just my opinion.

What you have just described sounds like a very active case, especially if the family/web admin has pulled info. Just guessing, but I would think that LE does not want any info put forth that could compromise a conviction, if this goes to trial.

In this case, silence is a good sign IMO.

This was just posted on the Help Find Adam Facebook page:

"We need some direction to help find our beloved Adam. There are no words to express our despair in this unimaginable situation. He is so loved and missed. Please share his information in hopes that we can find him soon and bring him home. We appreciate any and all help anyone can provide. #Helpfindadamgilbertson #helpfindadam #bringadamhome
www.helpfindadam.com"

This was just posted on the Help Find Adam Facebook page:

"We need some direction to help find our beloved Adam. There are no words to express our despair in this unimaginable situation. He is so loved and missed. Please share his information in hopes that we can find him soon and bring him home. We appreciate any and all help anyone can provide. #Helpfindadamgilbertson #helpfindadam #bringadamhome
www.helpfindadam.com"

Sadly, this doesn’t sound like an active case that LE is on top of :(

Sadly, this doesn’t sound like an active case that LE is on top of :(

Taylor Wright’s girlfriend and ex husband were on WS also trying to get help with where to look for her. LE was on top of it but unable to share the info due to it being a possible homicide investigation.

Taylor Wright’s girlfriend and ex husband were on WS also trying to get help with where to look for her. LE was on top of it but unable to share the info due to it being a possible homicide investigation.

I can only hope and pray that’s also true in Adam’s case here.

e19e4209a6043bd4ae774e74e077ca15.jpg

I wonder if the police think he left on his own and that’s why they aren’t searching? The parents don’t seem to be saying anything about lack of police involvement. It seems like they would would if they thought that law enforcement wasn’t handling the case properly because he is gay.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fox9...-of-missing-minn-man-pray-for-his-safe-return

That article says he told the driver that he was being harassed by another customer. I hope they looked at footage to see if anything was caught on camera.

3 recent missing person cases baffle Colorado authorities

DENVER — When people vanish without a trace, friends and family are left with unanswered questions that often haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Each year, nearly a million people in the United States are reported missing. But most of the cases get resolved when missing loved ones return home or are safely located.

However, that’s not been the case for three Colorado individuals: Adam Gilbertson, Kimberlee Graves and James Mitchell.

The three separate cases have baffled Colorado authorities over the past month.

Here are their stories:

Snip

Adam Gilbertson, a Minnesota native living in Denver, disappeared without a trace early Dec. 16, 2017.

He was last seen at 12:53 a.m. on surveillance footage leaving Syntax Physic Opera Bar on South Broadway, about a quarter-mile from his apartment.

According to the timestamp on the surveillance video, Gilbertson got into a Lyft about eight minutes later.

His family told Denver7 they spoke with the Lyft driver, who told them that Gilbertson said he "had a bad night, and had been harassed at the bar."

The driver told Gilbertson’s family he took Adam to his car, which was parked in a Ballpark neighborhood lot. His car was found at his home, but he was nowhere to be found.

If you have information, contact Denver Police at (720) 913-2000, and tell them you're calling about case number 17-837-972. A new tip-line has also been set up by the family.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ng-person-cases-baffling-colorado-authorities

3 recent missing person cases baffle Colorado authorities

DENVER — When people vanish without a trace, friends and family are left with unanswered questions that often haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Each year, nearly a million people in the United States are reported missing. But most of the cases get resolved when missing loved ones return home or are safely located.

However, that’s not been the case for three Colorado individuals: Adam Gilbertson, Kimberlee Graves and James Mitchell.

The three separate cases have baffled Colorado authorities over the past month.

Here are their stories:

Snip

Adam Gilbertson, a Minnesota native living in Denver, disappeared without a trace early Dec. 16, 2017.

He was last seen at 12:53 a.m. on surveillance footage leaving Syntax Physic Opera Bar on South Broadway, about a quarter-mile from his apartment.

According to the timestamp on the surveillance video, Gilbertson got into a Lyft about eight minutes later.

His family told Denver7 they spoke with the Lyft driver, who told them that Gilbertson said he "had a bad night, and had been harassed at the bar."

The driver told Gilbertson’s family he took Adam to his car, which was parked in a Ballpark neighborhood lot. His car was found at his home, but he was nowhere to be found.

If you have information, contact Denver Police at (720) 913-2000, and tell them you're calling about case number 17-837-972. A new tip-line has also been set up by the family.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ng-person-cases-baffling-colorado-authorities

Wasn't it Charlie's where he caught the Lyft? Tsk

RBBM

Thank you so much for all that you are doing, Bsmall.

In the beginning, I was very much set on suicide because of the “candle video,” and to a degree, the video Adam sent to the friend who is recovering from cancer. Now I am wondering about the video you speak of in your post. It is interesting that the admin said they were waiting for LE’s guidance on whether to release it. I wonder if this was the video Adam sent to the friend who had cancer -it was indeed several days before the recording was posted on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/249049182)-, or something entirely different. Either way, nothing more has been posted on the FARG FB page about ”the video that was too large to post.” As to the video the friend shared on Vimeo, it hasn’t even been mentioned on the FB page; we are aware of its existence only because someone posted it here.

As you said, the way not only those who know Adam personally, but the general public has responded with offers of help has been simply amazing.

For example, several hours ago, someone posted on the FB page they had actually talked to State Representative Herod about Adam’s case just yesterday. Representative Herod told the poster she wants to help -in fact, she had already heard from others about Adam’s disappearance- but she needs the family’s permission before she can get more involved. So far, there has been no response from the page admin, but I hope that the family reaches out to her:
https://m.facebook.com/findadamronaldgilbertson/?feed_ufi=comments

For me, what has been most perplexing about Adam’s case is the complete lack of searches (that I’m aware of). Perhaps things have been discovered by LE (e.g., nothing has been reported as to if anything appeared amiss when LE first went to Adam’s apartment, other than that his keys were left on the counter, side door was left unlocked and his car was found there; did they find evidence of someone having been there in the preceding 24 hours or so? Any signs of someone other than Adam driving the car?).

As others have pointed out, I have seen cases where LE is confident the missing person has been harmed by someone, who is involved, and they feel it’s best to focus their efforts on getting more info about the victim’s whereabouts from the suspect before conducting searches. In such instances, LE may prefer not to release any info, not even to family, in order to avoid tipping the suspect off. For example, they may already be in possession of Adam’s phone records (while telling the family otherwise, for investigative purposes), and may have even contacted the people he was in contact with that day. What if they they have also found video footage showing Adam getting into a car after leaving Syntax, and have even confirmed the vehicle belongs to one of the people he was last in contact with? Would they release that type of info to the public?

But then I keep coming back to the “candle video.” Was it normal for Adam to post something like that on SM? I ask this question because as far as his IG account (which is public) and FB page (not all posts are set to “Public,” it seems) go, I am not seeing anything like that one. Or was he somewhat drunk that night, even feeling sentimental (but why the blowing out of the candle)?

I don’t find someone -especially Adam’s age- going to multiple bars in one night, even on a weekday, particularly uncommon. What I do find unusual and concerning is the fact he was at Syntax only for 15 minutes, and on the phone almost the entire time.

I am sorry for the lengthy, rambling post. I don’t know Adam, don’t even live in Colorado, but he seems like a truly exceptional human being, and I hate to think that he is out there somewhere, all alone.

After following multiple Missing Persons cases here on Websleuths two important things stand out to me.
1. While it is frustrating and seems like LE is doing nothing - in fact they are. The old saying “holding information close to the vest” comes to mind. I’ve seen it time and time again.
2. MSM gets info wrong, reports it wrong, and that is also frustrating. Not bashing MSM - just making note that discrepancies do happen.

All of us here, who follow Missing Persons cases, care about the outcome. We strive to help. We want the person returned to their family, alive and well. I pray for a positive outcome. Please come home Adam Gilbertson.

If the family knows of a video that was concerning to them and is being concealed by police, and if the family has gone to the trouble of finding a PI, then maybe they DON'T believe he took his own life. I'm so unsure WHAT to think, really.

When I read an article the other day about the family having to return home, the mother made a comment about hating to leave him there in CO, but that he was with her {basically in her heart, so to speak}, which to me, alludes that perhaps LE doesn't believe he is alive.

I know many suspect suicide, but I just don't feel it, and I don't know why. Yes, I know about the mental illness angles and the blowing out the candle video, but it just seems off to me, that he went through the trouble to go home, just to what? Go somewhere else and kill himself? Why bother going home, then what, walking to your destination of choice to die without no one seeing him at all?

It just doesn't make sense to me. If he was going to go jump in a river, he had ample opportunity to do so that night without driving home or hiring a Lyft driver.

Blowing out the candle- romantic interest from the past or present, scaring him?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randell9587
Back