CO - Adre ‘Psycho’ Baroz, 26, Wanted After Remains Of 3 Victims Found, Conejos Co, Nov 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This latest local article illustrates quite well that, although Baroz has a lengthy criminal record, there doesn't seem to be a pattern building up to charges of multiple murders. My impression is that the local folks are just as anxious as anyone to learn what exactly he is being accused of. IMO

Los Sauces suspect’s history of arrests

This latest local article illustrates quite well that, although Baroz has a lengthy criminal record, there doesn't seem to be a pattern building up to charges of multiple murders. My impression is that the local folks are just as anxious as anyone to learn what exactly he is being accused of. IMO

Los Sauces suspect’s history of arrests

IMO there is a possibility that he started working as a CI shortly after his 2019 crime spree and controlled substance charges..I would probably bet money on that at this point, especially based the cited article...IMO

It would also explain the silence from LE since they apprehended the suspect...IMO

IMO there is a possibility that he started working as a CI shortly after his 2019 crime spree and controlled substance charges..I would probably bet money on that at this point, especially based the cited article...IMO

It would also explain the silence from LE since they apprehended the suspect...IMO
I refreshed my screen after reading that local story to say the exact same thing.

Colorado courts are very lenient and Colorado has a notorious "revolving door" penal system. I don't see anything in this man's record, or in the actions of LE, that indicate he is being treated any differently than all of the others. IMO

First Appearance scheduled for this afternoon, November 30, 2020 at 4:00 pm Mountain time (6:00 pm Eastern time zone). This is when he hears the formal charges against him. He can enter a plea, but is not required to do so at this time and few ever do. This is a "no bond" case so the proceedings will be brief.
IMO

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-30 Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-30 Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 15
I have no idea what this means..........

Any attorneys care to weigh in?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-30 Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-30 Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 64

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-03 Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-03 Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search.png
    332.3 KB · Views: 10
A forensic odontologist, described as specially trained dentists, says the remains are of Myron Robert Martinez of Del Norte.

The 38-year-old man was reported missing to the Rio Grande Sheriff’s Office on Nov. 6. His family tells investigators they had not talked with Martinez since late October.

Investigators believe foul play is involved, but have not determined how Martinez died.

Martinez is a registered sex offender in Colorado. Court records show he was charged with sexual assault on a child in 2006 and 2009. His latest arrest dates to March of 2016 in which he faces numerous charges including illegal possession of a weapon and drug distribution.
Myron Martinez Identified As 1 Set Of Human Remains In Southern Colorado

A report on Thursday's court proceedings has just been published today in the Valley Courier newspaper of Alamosa.
Judge Michael Gonzales stated his decision to be the judge for all of the current cases filed against Adre Baroz to diminish confusion and overlap. 12th Judicial District Attorney Robert Willett and Deputy District Attorney Robert Johnson are prosecuting. Baroz is defended by attorney David Lipka, who has extensive high profile defense experience.
Baroz has two cases filed against him at this time. The first consists of two charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a weapon by a previous offender, and failure to appear in court. The second is a general filing of Homicide.......to be followed in the hearing scheduled for December 14th with a presentation specific allegations.
Baroz is entitled to a bond hearing on the first set of charges, although it is doubtful that any bond amount would be set given the failure to appear. The second charge is a "no bond hold" requested by the prosecution and allowed under the temporary homicide warrant. If it is converted to a charge of First Degree Murder there will be no bond. Both the presentation of actual charges and the bond hearing are set for December 14th.
IMO, IANAL
Baroz makes first appearance in court

This is the type of case that would normally be picked up by multiple national outlets, as well as media from both Denver and Albuquerque/Santa Fe.

1. At least three dead bodies.

2. From an area with multiple missing young people.

3. Suspect's street name is "Psycho".

4. Suspect previously convicted of misdemeanor under sweetheart plea deal for an alleged drugging and raping case.

5. Suspect currently has pending criminal matters.

6. There are liklely other suspects involved with the arrested suspect

7. There may be other victims

This has Nancy Grace, 20/20, Dateline, Discovery ID, etc. written all over it.

IMO national or regional media have not had any new updates because the LE has been radio silent since the arrest.

Typically the apprehnsion of a really bad suspect in connection with a multiple murder case would result in a press conference from LE. I am not aware of any such press conference, and I find that very odd...IMO.

This is a serious matterm with other potential suspects and victims, but very little information has been provided to the public by LE...IMO
New Mexico procedure for extradition, as I understand it, is a formal written appeal directly to the governor. Once that is done, the defendant may still refuse to waive extradition, which will require a formal hearing. I don't think anything is an obstacle, but it takes time to walk through the process. Prior to any of this happening, the Colorado authorities need to be fully prepared and in place to bring back a high priority accused. I presume he will be housed in the Alamosa County Jail, which serves as a regional facility for maximum security detention and is convenient to the 12th District Court. Once he is returned, believe he must have a First Advisement Hearing within ten court days, which during the holidays can seem a lot longer. With the Thanksgiving holiday, and restrictions due to Gallup being in a very high COVID19 risk area, I would imagine the wheels of justice will move slowly at first.

It is a simple fact of life that there is very little main stream media news coverage left in western North America. Live reporting is simply no linger sustainable in small town / rural areas. Reporters aren't walking away.......they simply aren't there.
IANAL, IMO
New Mexico procedure for extradition, as I understand it, is a formal written appeal directly to the governor. Once that is done, the defendant may still refuse to waive extradition, which will require a formal hearing. I don't think anything is an obstacle, but it takes time to walk through the process. Prior to any of this happening, the Colorado authorities need to be fully prepared and in place to bring back a high priority accused. I presume he will be housed in the Alamosa County Jail, which serves as a regional facility for maximum security detention and is convenient to the 12th District Court. Once he is returned, believe he must have a First Advisement Hearing within ten court days, which during the holidays can seem a lot longer. With the Thanksgiving holiday, and restrictions due to Gallup being in a very high COVID19 risk area, I would imagine the wheels of justice will move slowly at first.

It is a simple fact of life that there is very little main stream media news coverage left in western North America. Live reporting is simply no linger sustainable in small town / rural areas. Reporters aren't walking away.......they simply aren't there.
IANAL, IMO

He was booked into alamo
From Colorado Courts Docket page re Mr. Baroz:
12/9/20
10:00 AM 1Hr BAROZ, ADRE Permanent Planning Hearing D112020JV2 Conejos County Division C

1/14/21
9:30 AM 1Hr BAROZ, ADRE Status Conference C22020M41 Alamosa County Division B

1/14/21
9:30 AM 1Hr BAROZ, ADRE Status Conference C22019M65 Alamosa County Division B

IMO the first case, D112020JV2, is a child protection hearing. The second case, C22020M41 is from this year, but hard to determine if this is related to the current search and arrest. The third case, C22019M65 is from 2019.

I could find nothing in New Mexico courts about a pending extradition for "Adre Baroz". For a serious criminal investigation dealing with a true psycho and likely accomplices in what looks to be grisely murders, there is almost no news or information coming out since the arrest. IMO it is starting to smell like the chief suspect in this case may have been serving as a CI for the government in some capacity. I hope I am wrong, but usually cases like this get a ton of press and LE is agressive about releasing basic info about the perp in hopes of getting more leads and info. There seems to be radio silence since his capture...IMO
This is interesting. It seems they usually say "no danger to the community," even in cases where it seems likely there is. Not here. This guy must really live up to his nickname.

“It’s a very tight-knit community,” Chief Anderson said. “We really know a lot of people here. Most of us have grown up here. So now we’re at a point that it is imperative that we get this individual off the street. When I say he’s a danger to the community, I mean exactly that — he’s a danger.”

Manhunt in Colorado After Remains of 3 People Are Found (New York Times)

From the Colorado Sun, this answers a question that's been asked here:

"Since the analysis is ongoing, specifics about the individuals including age, gender and identity, are unknown. It’s also not known how the people died or how long the bodies had been on the properties."

Police search for suspect after three people’s remains are found in San Luis Valley (Colorado Sun)
Zeven... He wasn't there.. he wasn't one of the three. Where is Zeven?
I think you’re talking about Emily Norman, who was found dead on ranch land under suspicious circumstances. Her body was found in the northern part of the state, close to 300 miles away. Because of that, I don’t think there’s likely to be any connection.

These 3 bodies were found burned too, and I think these victims are going to be from the immediate area.[/QUOTE
Korina Marquez, Selena esquiebel and zeven Garcia were all reported missing and connected to baroz. Korina reported on August 28th Selena September 3rd and zeven was reported October 21. Zeven went missing on the 16th.
Myron disappeared after they did. he was the first identified. The other two are female. Not yet confirmed to be korina or Selena, only female. I have a feeling there will be more sites to come.

The Colorado Springs Gazette is reporting that Adre Baroz will be charged today with nine counts, which include Kidnapping and First Degree Murder of Selina Esquibel, age 19, of Alamosa. The cause of her death has been determined to be a pistol shot.
He was scheduled to make another closed circuit court appearance today at 2:00 pm.

Man connected to human remains in San Luis Valley faces murder, kidnapping charges
Note: If paywall notices appear, just "X" them out and wait for article. This article appears to be free public content.

Here are the exact charges that have been filed against Adre Baroz:

(PDF download from the Gazette article linked in post 75, converted to JPG for viewing in thread)

Attachments

• Baroz Charges P1.jpg
    Baroz Charges P1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Baroz Charges P2.jpg
    Baroz Charges P2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Baroz Charges P3.jpg
    Baroz Charges P3.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 31
The first link is to a current report by Alamosa News, the local source.
Both the prosecution and defense have until 5:00 pm today (Tuesday December 15th) to submit their proposed redactions to the arrest warrant and affidavit, so it may become available to read on the Colorado Judicial Branch website under the heading "Cases of Interest" in the left hand column of the main page. The Arrest Affidavit should state the facts of the investigation as they pertain to the charges in regard to Selina Esquibel. This news article states that his Preliminary Hearing will be January 21st, but the court docket lists it on Thursday January 20th at 9:00 am.
IMO

Baroz charged in death of Esquibel

Colorado Judicial Branch - Alamosa County - Homepage

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-15 Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-15 Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online