CO - Adre ‘Psycho’ Baroz, 26, Wanted After Remains Of 3 Victims Found, Conejos Co, Nov 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Man arrested in Pueblo may be accessory to San Luis Valley murders

Updated 1:24pm Dec 31, 2020

The affidavit states the informant helped authorities locate the site where the bodies were found.

A Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent, who has been part of the investigation, signed the affidavit.

A judge advised Ramirez on Wednesday of the charge and ordered him to be held in federal custody in Denver until at least Jan. 5. Then, a judge will decide whether Ramirez can be released on bond.

That charge stemmed from a search of a truck he was in on Dec. 11 in Pueblo after investigators learned he was in the city. The affidavit states Pueblo police, agents of the ATF and Colorado Bureau of Investigation found a handgun and two loaded magazines, plus suspected heroin and methamphetamine, with a street value of $49.000.

He admitted to Pueblo Detective Brian Roman and ATF agent Matthew Gonzales he was a drug dealer and had a gun to protect his drug trafficking, according to the affidavit.

ATF says it confirmed Ramirez is a member of the East Side Dukes, a violent street gang in Southern Colorado affiliated with the Sureno street gang.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for Colorado is prosecuting Ramirez. He pleaded guilty in 2015 in federal court in Denver to a federal drug crime in Arapahoe County and was sentenced to serve 366 days in custody.

U.S. District Court - District of Colorado
District of Colorado (Denver)

CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:20-mj-00201-SKC All Defendants

Case title: USA v. Ramirez
Date Filed: 12/16/2020

Assigned to: Magistrate Judge S. Kato Crews

Defendant (1)
Francisco Ramirez

Pending Counts
None

Highest Offense Level (Opening)
None

Terminated Counts
None

Highest Offense Level (Terminated)
None

Complaints
18 U.S.C. 924(c) Possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime

Date Filed # Docket Text

12/16/2020
CRIMINAL COMPLAINT as to Francisco Ramirez (1). (Attachments: # 1 Affidavit, # 2 Criminal Information Sheet) (cmadr, ) (Entered: 12/17/2020)

12/16/2020
#2 Arrest Warrant Issued in case as to Francisco Ramirez. (cmadr, ) (Entered: 12/17/2020)

12/30/2020
Arrest of Francisco Ramirez. Initial Appearance set for 12/30/2020 02:00 PM in Courtroom A 502 before Magistrate Judge Nina Y. Wang. (Text Only entry)(cmadr, ) (Entered: 12/30/2020)

12/30/2020
COURTROOM MINUTES for Initial Appearance as to Francisco Ramirez held on 12/30/2020 before Magistrate Judge Nina Y. Wang. Defendant present in custody by videoconference. Counsel for Defendant is not yet present. Court takes a brief recess until Mr. Johnson joins the call. Defendant advised regarding proceeding by remote means pursuant to CARES Act. Defendant consents. Defendant advised of rights. Court appoints counsel. Parties advised of obligations under Rule 5(f). Defendant advised of complaint. Government is seeking detention and requests three days to prepare. Detention Hearing set for 1/5/2021 02:00 PM in Courtroom A 501 before Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty. Preliminary Examination set for 1/13/2021 02:00 PM in Courtroom A 501 before Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty. Defendant will be held at GEO. Defendant remanded. (Total time: 12 minutes, Hearing time: 2:04-2:08, 2:10-2:18)

APPEARANCES: Greg Holloway on behalf of the Government, Mark Johnson on behalf of the Defendant, Pat Hanley on behalf of Pretrial. FTR: NYW-FTR. (bwilk, ) Text Only Entry (Entered: 12/30/2020)

12/30/2020
CJA 23 Financial Affidavit by Francisco Ramirez. (bwilk, ) (Entered: 12/30/2020)

12/30/2020
#6 ORDER APPOINTING COUNSEL as to Francisco Ramirez by Magistrate Judge Nina Y. Wang on 12/30/2020. Text Only Entry (bwilk, ) (Entered: 12/30/2020)

12/31/2020
NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Mark Cameron Johnson appearing for Francisco RamirezAttorney Mark Cameron Johnson added to party Francisco Ramirez(pty:dft) (Johnson, Mark) (Entered: 12/31/2020)

@Niner - the affidavit in support of the criminal complaint filed in federal court further details the murders, mutilation, and disposal of bodies alleged by Baroz, and two of the bodies on property leased and/or owned by Ramirez. The affidavit also alleges Ramirez is an accessory to the murder(s) and transported the mutilated bodies but the charges in federal court are limited to 18 U.S.C. 924(c) Possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.

Here's the calendar link for Magistrate Judge S. Cato Crews

Calendars

i think earlier reports were that way to protect the CI and he will probably be given immunity for coming forward.
The ATF cites that as part of the investigation for the missing persons, they developed the CI's.

In the affidavit in support of the criminal complaint against Ramirez, they further provide:

ATF has identified numerous individuals associated with BAROZ, and believed to be
involved in the murders, to include Francisco RAMIERZ...

This murder case has the feds, drug trafficking, and gangs written all over it.

@Seattle1 - I can not access the affidavit/article link even with Outline....

Do you know his birth date? or how old Rameriz is?

TIA! :)
Ramirez, 38, has not been charged with the murders or his alleged role as an accessory. The investigation is believed to be continuing.
^^MSM post sbm

The ATF cites that as part of the investigation for the missing persons, they developed the CI's.

In the affidavit in support of the criminal complaint against Ramirez, they further provide:

ATF has identified numerous individuals associated with BAROZ, and believed to be
involved in the murders, to include Francisco RAMIERZ...

This murder case has the feds, drug trafficking, and gangs written all over it.

IMO you can also throw serial rape into the mix. Likely by using fentenyl laced meth or heroin to subdue the victims.

The only question left in my mind is how many victims and where are all the bodies?

IMO the property where the bodies were found was used to burn victims remains. Typically the remains would be removed and scattered some where else. The victims identified so far had only been missing a short time prior to the execution of the SW, so their remains had not been removed yet.

IMO this site was used frequently by these individuals to get rid of people. Again, the question is how many?

The first report from LE used the phrase "at least" three bodies, meaning they found a pile of burned bones with three skulls (intact or otherwise). The problem is once the burned bones are removed from the pit, they can be easily discarded and concealed.

How long have these individuals been using this property? Frankly, it is pretty scary to think about, but a common used tactic by the street gangs associated with the cartels....IMO.

IMO you can also throw serial rape into the mix. Likely by using fentenyl laced meth or heroin to subdue the victims.

The only question left in my mind is how many victims and where are all the bodies?

IMO the property where the bodies were found was used to burn victims remains. Typically the remains would be removed and scattered some where else. The victims identified so far had only been missing a short time prior to the execution of the SW, so their remains had not been removed yet.

IMO this site was used frequently by these individuals to get rid of people. Again, the question is how many?

The first report from LE used the phrase "at least" three bodies, meaning they found a pile of burned bones with three skulls (intact or otherwise). The problem is once the burned bones are removed from the pit, they can be easily discarded and concealed.

How long have these individuals been using this property? Frankly, it is pretty scary to think about, but a common used tactic by the street gangs associated with the cartels....IMO.

After reading both affidavits for Baroz and Ramirez, I believe there could be more than three dead victims (probably mutilated and burned) but not necessarily by a serial rapist-murderer at large per se.

According to the CI, Baroz killed SE because she allegedly told others Baroz had raped her. According to her mom that reported her missing, SE resided at the Walsh Hotel (Apartments) located in Alamosa-- the same apartments as Baroz.

Most recently, Ramirez, the alleged accessory to murder and property owner where two identified remains were located, admitted to investigators that he's a drug dealer, street gang member, and ties to a prison gang -- all associated with the cartels.

I recall one of the identified victims was reported missing by her incarcerated spouse. Her murder could have been revenge or collateral damage by association.

Now that the victims have been identified, I hope to learn more about any possible known connection between the victims and those arrested. Confirmed dead are two women and one man -- I previously misunderstood victim Martinez as female.

He admitted to Pueblo Detective Brian Roman and ATF agent Matthew Gonzales he was a drug dealer and had a gun to protect his drug trafficking, according to the affidavit.

ATF says it confirmed Ramirez is a member of the East Side Dukes, a violent street gang in Southern Colorado affiliated with the Sureno street gang.
^^sbm

Last edited:
Authorities identify second set of remains discovered in San Luis Valley as missing Saguache County woman

Dec 29, 2020

A forensic odontologist identified the remains as 34-year-old Shayla Jenna Hammel, who lived in Saguache County, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Hammel was reported missing on Nov. 26 by a family member after she had not been heard from since late October.

[..]

Another set of the three remains was identified in early December as that of Myron Robert Martinez, a Del Norte man who has been missing since Nov. 6. He would have turned 38 on Nov. 15.

Baroz has not been charged in connection with the deaths of Hammel and Martinez. However, he is accused of killing 19-year-old Selena Esquibel, according to court documents that were unsealed this month.

Police search for suspect after three people’s remains are found in San Luis Valley

Nov 18, 2020

image2.jpg

Investigators who found the remains of three people while executing a search warrant for stolen vehicles and equipment at a rural property southeast of Alamosa now are searching for a suspect in the case, 26-year-old Adre “Psycho” Jordan Baroz.

[..]

The remains were found on two properties west of the Rio Grande in the community of Los Sauces. Forensic analysis confirmed that they belong to three different people, investigators said Wednesday.

[..]

Colorado Department of Corrections records show Baroz was in prison from March 2016 until November 2018. He was on parole until June 23, according to Annie Skinner, a spokeswoman for CDOC.

[..]

Based on that search, a task force of agencies — including the CBI, law enforcement from Saguache and Conejos counties as well as the cities of Alamosa and Monte Vista, and the Colorado State Patrol — searched a nearby property on Nov. 13. Investigators also found human remains at the second property.
________

30 minute joint presser (multi-agency) at the news link above.

Last edited:
Relative to the search warrants, I think this was excellent police work by the joint agencies. I believe investigators very much wanted to seize and protect any equipment and/or vehicles used in the crime as soon as possible to protect any evidence -- including a stolen tractor used to cover the hole where remains located. I believe they were also seeking vehicle(s) that may have been used to transport mutilated body parts.

Also from AB's AWA, two more names of interest (to me) in this case:

1) Yolanda Estrada: she sent a text to Detective Russell on 9/3 asking him to call her. After he phoned YE, she forwarded him a text she received alleging AB as the killer of SE.

2) Xavier Zeven Garcia ("Zeven"): the hole where SE's body was allegedly burned and buried was covered up with the use of a tractor allegedly stolen by Zeven.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-11eb-9502-2b5acc8658b2/5febde71b2c2d.pdf.pdf

From what I can tell on Facebook (I have mutual friends with him, grew up in the San Luis Valley), there's a stolen vehicle that's connected to him.

I'm really sorry that this horror happened in your community.

My mom and I had the good fortune to spend some time in the San Luis Valley during the autumn of 2019. Best trip of our lives (touring the narrow gauge and steam engine trains of Colorado)!

And as all the Officials that participated in the joint video presser stated, this vicious act should not be a reflection of the SLV community.

Could be drug related, but may not be limited to drugs.

"He has a criminal history in Colorado that includes assault on a peace officer, attempted escape and theft, according to state court records.

Baroz also has open criminal cases against him that include several drug charges, possession of a weapon by a felon and assault."
Felon nicknamed 'Psycho' is hunted by cops in connection to possible serial killings | Daily Mail Online

Sure makes one wonder how many of these charges resulted in convictions. For a bad dude, his prison record is hardly notable:

Colorado Department of Corrections records show Baroz was in prison from March 2016 until November 2018. He was on parole until June 23, according to Annie Skinner, a spokeswoman for CDOC.

Police search for suspect after three people’s remains are found in San Luis Valley

The Crestone Eagle
December 7, 2020 at 11:18 AM ·
Remains Identified
By Mary Lowers

In a Press Release on December 6, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Southern Colorado Law Enforcement Task Force announced that one set of remains found in November south of Sanford have been identified as those of Myron Robert Martinez,37, of Del Norte. The “cause and manner of death have not yet been determined.” There is no doubt “foul play is involved.” Adre Baroz aka Psycho who is currently held in the Alamosa County Jail, since human remains associated with him were found near the little community of La Sauces south of Sandford near the New Mexico border, has not yet been charged in Martinez ‘s death.

Martinez had not been seen since late October. He was reported missing by family on November 6. There are still two sets of human remains found in association with Martinez;s remains that have not yet been identified.

Man arrested after discovery of bodies in San Luis Valley was seen killing missung woman, recods show

Man arrested after discovery of bodies in San Luis Valley was seen killing missing woman, records show

It looks like a redacted AW and AWA have been unsealed. IMO this is just the tip of the iceberg, but perhaps the accused's street name was just given to him in the last few months?

From the link, I'm very surprised that AB has never been convicted of SA...

Also, I believe that AB kills anybody -- man or woman, that he believes is a ready, willing, and able witness against him. That's becoming clear from the new charges.

I think it's a negative on AB just given his street name. During the joint agency presser, one of the officials made it a point to emphasize that AB was best known as "Psycho."

Esquibel apparant victim of murder

More details from the AWA in this article.

Could the referenced CI in the AWA be the same person identified by CBI as one of the bodies discovered in the burn pit?

While a CI alleged that SE was murdered for "going around saying that AB raped her," I do believe from the charges in your link that SE could very well have also been a CI: AB was also charged with intimidating a witness/victim with the use of a weapon, a class three felony; specific to SE.

Relative to the search warrants, I think this was excellent police work by the joint agencies. I believe investigators very much wanted to seize and protect any equipment and/or vehicles used in the crime as soon as possible to protect any evidence -- including a stolen tractor used to cover the hole where remains located. I believe they were also seeking vehicle(s) that may have been used to transport mutilated body parts.

Also from AB's AWA, two more names of interest (to me) in this case:

1) Yolanda Estrada: she sent a text to Detective Russell on 9/3 asking him to call her. After he phoned YE, she forwarded him a text she received alleging AB as the killer of SE.

2) Xavier Zeven Garcia ("Zeven"): the hole where SE's body was allegedly burned and buried was covered up with the use of a tractor allegedly stolen by Zeven.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-11eb-9502-2b5acc8658b2/5febde71b2c2d.pdf.pdf

Unbelievable -- I just learned that Zeven is also missing! :eek:

I sure hope Ms. Estrada is in protective custody!

Another missing person that comes up as a possible victim is Zeven Garcia of Crestone, who left his home on October 16, 2020 to travel to Alamosa and has not been seen since. IMO

The Crestone Eagle

Tuesday, January 5, 2021:
*Detention Hearing (@ 2pm MT) - CO - *Francisco Ramirez (38) arrested & charged (12/16/20) with possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime (Federal charge).
12/30/20 Update: Ramirez' initial appearance on 12/30/20 before Magistrate Judge Nina Y. Wang. Defendant present in custody by video conference. Counsel for defendant is Mark Cameron Johnson. Defendant advised regarding proceeding by remote means pursuant to CARES Act, defendant consents. Advised of rights & court appoints counsel. Defendant advised of complaint & government is seeking detention & requests 3 days to prepare. Detention hearing set for 1/5/21 @ 2pm before Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty. Preliminary exam hearing set for 1/13/21 @ pm with same Magistrate. Defendant will be held at GEO. Greg Holloway on behalf of the Government & Pat Hanley on behalf of pretrial.
The affidavit in support of the criminal complaint filed in federal court further details the murders, mutilation, and disposal of bodies alleged by Baroz, and two of the bodies on property leased and/or owned by Ramirez. Affidavit also alleges Ramirez is an accessory to the murder(s) & transported the mutilated bodies but the charges in federal court are limited to 18 U.S.C. 924(c) Possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime. Regards to Selena Esquibel case. ATF says it confirmed Ramirez is a member of the East Side Dukes, a violent street gang in Southern Colorado affiliated with the Sureno street gang.

Wednesday, January 6, 2021:
*Review Hearing (@ 11:30am MT) - CO - *Adre “Psycho” Jordan Baroz (26) – child protection order.
12/9/20 Update: Conejos County: #D112020JV2: child protection on 12/9/20, next review hearing on 1/6/21 @ 11:30am.
Alamos County: #C22020M41 & #C22019M65: Status conference hearings on 1/14/21 & D22020CR321 & D22020CR270: Preliminary hearings on 1/20/21.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back