CO - Adre ‘Psycho’ Baroz, 26, Wanted After Remains Of 3 Victims Found, Conejos Co, Nov 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
for Ramirez:

12/30/2020
#4 COURTROOM MINUTES for Initial Appearance as to Francisco Ramirez held on 12/30/2020 before Magistrate Judge Nina Y. Wang. Defendant present in custody by videoconference. Counsel for Defendant is not yet present. Court takes a brief recess until Mr. Johnson joins the call. Defendant advised regarding proceeding by remote means pursuant to CARES Act. Defendant consents. Defendant advised of rights. Court appoints counsel. Parties advised of obligations under Rule 5(f). Defendant advised of complaint. Government is seeking detention and requests three days to prepare. Detention Hearing set for 1/5/2021 02:00 PM in Courtroom A 501 before Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty. Preliminary Examination set for 1/13/2021 02:00 PM in Courtroom A 501 before Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty. Defendant will be held at GEO. Defendant remanded. (Total time: 12 minutes, Hearing time: 2:04-2:08, 2:10-2:18)

from post #103 by Seattle1

I'm so sorry if I do this wrong, I don't want to get in trouble...This was posted November 26, 2020
Walsh fire displaces over 20 residents
ALAMOSA– Just days from facing eviction from the recently condemned Walsh Hotel apartments, some 20-plus residents were displaced by fire late Wednesday night. All residents reportedly escaped, although at least one resident was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, according to Alamosa Fire Chief Don Chapman.

Arson cited in Walsh fire

Dec 3, 2020

ALAMOSA– A multi-agency investigation has determined that arson was the cause of the Wednesday night fire at the Walsh Hotel apartments in downtown Alamosa, according to Alamosa Fire Chief Don Chapman.

Investigators from the Alamosa Fire Department, Alamosa Police Department, Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control and the United States ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms) have been on the scene, Chapman said.

“Preliminary investigation from the AFD indicated that the cause of the fire was arson and this was consequently confirmed by fire investigators from the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control,” stated a City of Alamosa press release.

I'm so sorry if I do this wrong, I don't want to get in trouble...This was posted November 26, 2020
Walsh fire displaces over 20 residents
ALAMOSA– Just days from facing eviction from the recently condemned Walsh Hotel apartments, some 20-plus residents were displaced by fire late Wednesday night. All residents reportedly escaped, although at least one resident was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, according to Alamosa Fire Chief Don Chapman.
Thanks, @PawneeDew for bringing this to our attention. I followed-up and found the cause of fire as arson and will continue to follow this investigation. This was the last known residence of AB and I fear the arson was likely to destroy evidence.

ALAMOSA, CO -- The Walsh Hotel Fire - Archived radio traffic by San Luis Valley Public Safety

11/25/20

ETA: at about 29 min mark - "Green Subaru driving down main street needs to explain why they are here"....

Last edited:
Relative to the search warrants, I think this was excellent police work by the joint agencies. I believe investigators very much wanted to seize and protect any equipment and/or vehicles used in the crime as soon as possible to protect any evidence -- including a stolen tractor used to cover the hole where remains located. I believe they were also seeking vehicle(s) that may have been used to transport mutilated body parts.

Also from AB's AWA, two more names of interest (to me) in this case:

1) Yolanda Estrada: she sent a text to Detective Russell on 9/3 asking him to call her. After he phoned YE, she forwarded him a text she received alleging AB as the killer of SE.

2) Xavier Zeven Garcia ("Zeven"): the hole where SE's body was allegedly burned and buried was covered up with the use of a tractor allegedly stolen by Zeven.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-11eb-9502-2b5acc8658b2/5febde71b2c2d.pdf.pdf

yes, i mentioned zeven upthread. someone from his community i believe was commenting on here earlier.

i dont see a link to the affadavit in the article either :(
I believe OP post was in reference to Ramirez's age.

Here are the particulars for the federal case -- he's not yet been charged for related crimes in Colorado's County Court system.

U.S. District Court - District of Colorado
District of Colorado (Denver)

CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:20-mj-00201-SKC All Defendants

Case title: USA v. Ramirez
Date Filed: 12/16/2020
^^sbm

yes, i mentioned zeven upthread. someone from his community i believe was commenting on here earlier.
Thank you -- that's when I first learned that Zeven was also missing! I did not know it at the time of my post -- just a bad feeling for anybody that might know something; saw something, involving Psycho.

for Ramirez:

12/30/2020
#4 COURTROOM MINUTES for Initial Appearance as to Francisco Ramirez held on 12/30/2020 before Magistrate Judge Nina Y. Wang. Defendant present in custody by videoconference. Counsel for Defendant is not yet present. Court takes a brief recess until Mr. Johnson joins the call. Defendant advised regarding proceeding by remote means pursuant to CARES Act. Defendant consents. Defendant advised of rights. Court appoints counsel. Parties advised of obligations under Rule 5(f). Defendant advised of complaint. Government is seeking detention and requests three days to prepare. Detention Hearing set for 1/5/2021 02:00 PM in Courtroom A 501 before Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty. Preliminary Examination set for 1/13/2021 02:00 PM in Courtroom A 501 before Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty. Defendant will be held at GEO. Defendant remanded. (Total time: 12 minutes, Hearing time: 2:04-2:08, 2:10-2:18)

from post #103 by Seattle1

San Luis Valley mutilations: Suspect arrested in Pueblo in custody

Jan 7, 2021

DENVER — A man authorities believe is an accessory in three homicides being investigated in the San Luis Valley is being kept in federal custody in Denver for the foreseeable future.

Francisco Ramirez did not seek to be released on bond during a hearing Tuesday in Denver at the U.S. District Court for Colorado.

The Pueblo Chieftain last week obtained an arrest affidavit that alleges an informant told investigators that Ramirez helped conceal the bodies. They were found in November near Sanford in Conejos County.

Ramirez, 38, has not been charged with murder or as an accessory. The investigation by local and state authorities is ongoing.

[..]

That charge stemmed from a search of a truck he was in on Dec. 11 in Pueblo after investigators learned he was in the city. The affidavit states Pueblo police, agents of the ATF and Colorado Bureau of Investigation found a handgun and two loaded magazines, plus suspected heroin and methamphetamine with a street value of $49,000.

No trial date has been set for Ramirez on the federal charge. A judge appointed a lawyer to represent him when he first appeared in court on Dec. 30.

The affidavit goes on to say that authorities arrested him that day on a warrant from Pueblo District Court alleging state crimes of drug and gun laws.

Last edited:
I watched a program last weekend featuring former SAS soldier Jason Fox -- documenting Mexico, Columbia, and Peru drug cartels.

I was especially intrigued by how the drugs are hidden inside vehicles. It was unreal to me! Hidden compartments, etc., just like Francisco Ramirez, San Luis, -- news above.

Nope. Nobody drives around in a pick-up with a tarp and pallets -- silly me. :rolleyes:

Wednesday, January 13, 2021:
*Preliminary Exam Hearing (@ 2pm MT) - CO - *Francisco Ramirez (38) arrested & charged (12/16/20) with possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime (Federal charge).
The affidavit in support of the criminal complaint filed in federal court further details the murders, mutilation, and disposal of bodies alleged by Baroz, and two of the bodies on property leased and/or owned by Ramirez. Affidavit also alleges Ramirez is an accessory to the murder(s) & transported the mutilated bodies but the charges in federal court are limited to 18 U.S.C. 924(c) Possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime. Regards to Selena Esquibel case. The victims were mutilated & then transported to & from locations within the San Luis Valley area, including Ramirez’s property, according to the affidavit. Informants told investigators that “Ramirez had driven his vehicle along with a vehicle belonging to Baroz with mutilated human remains in the vehicle, sometimes for days at a time,” the affidavit states. Ramirez is also accused of cleaning murder scenes, transporting victims & burning evidence, including human remains. ATF says it confirmed Ramirez is a member of the East Side Dukes, a violent street gang in Southern Colorado affiliated with the Sureno street gang.
12/30/20 Update: Ramirez' initial appearance on 12/30/20 before Magistrate Judge Nina Y. Wang. Defendant present in custody by video conference. Counsel for defendant is Mark Cameron Johnson. Defendant advised regarding proceeding by remote means pursuant to CARES Act, defendant consents. Advised of rights & court appoints counsel. Defendant advised of complaint & government is seeking detention & requests 3 days to prepare. Detention hearing set for 1/5/21 @ 2pm before Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty. Preliminary exam hearing set for 1/13/21 @ 2pm with same Magistrate. Defendant will be held at GEO. Greg Holloway on behalf of the Government & Pat Hanley on behalf of pretrial.
1/5/21 Update: Ramirez did not seek to be released on bond during a hearing Tuesday. Next preliminary exam hearing on 1/13/21 with Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty.

Thursday, January 14th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9:30am MT) - *Adre “Psycho” Jordan Baroz (26) was arrested & charged (August, 2020) for charges related to possession of drugs, assault & possession of a firearm by a previous offender. Alamosa County #C22020M41
Arrested & charged (2019) possession of controlled substance, 3rd-degree assault, destroying evidence. Alamosa County #C22019M65
Colorado DOC records show Baroz was in prison from March 2016 until November 2018. He was on parole until June 23, 2019. Baroz was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday (11/18/20) on drug & weapons charges (#C22020M41), but he didn't show up, according to Alamosa County District Attorney Bob Willett.
12/31/20 Update: #C22020M41 & #C22019M65: Status conference hearing on 1/14/21.
#D22020CR321 (for Esquibel murder) & #D22020CR270 (ATF): preliminary hearing on 1/20/21. Conejos County: Child: Review hearing on 3/3/21 & Termination of Parental Rights hearing on 4/15/21.

1/5/21 Update: Ramirez did not seek to be released on bond during a hearing Tuesday. Next preliminary exam hearing on 1/13/21 with Magistrate Judge Michael E. Hegarty
I'm not so sure that Judge Hegarty held Ramirez's prelim exam on 1/13 since they decided to keep him in federal custody in Denver for the foreseeable future, and no trial date set. I'm looking at Hagarty's calendar for 1/13 and don't see Ramirez (unless he was included in "Criminal Duty Court"). What do you think @Niner?

https://www.cod.uscourts.gov/Documents/Judges/Calendars/2021-01-11/meh.pdf

I'm not so sure that Judge Hegarty held Ramirez's prelim exam on 1/13 since they decided to keep him in federal custody in Denver for the foreseeable future, and no trial date set. I'm looking at Hagarty's calendar for 1/13 and don't see Ramirez (unless he was included in "Criminal Duty Court"). What do you think @Niner?

https://www.cod.uscourts.gov/Documents/Judges/Calendars/2021-01-11/meh.pdf

Well - that's what I thought - he is under the "Criminal Duty Court" session.... Is that all you can access is the Judge's schedule? or do you find him "somewhere" where it says "what happened"?

Well - that's what I thought - he is under the "Criminal Duty Court" session.... Is that all you can access is the Judge's schedule? or do you find him "somewhere" where it says "what happened"?
OK, this is the latest:

Defendant Ramirez waived his preliminary hearing on 1/13/21.

He has a status hearing on 2/22/21 with a different Magistrate Judge -- N. Reid Neureiter.

Waiver of Preliminary Hearing form executed. Status Conference set for 2/22/2021 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom C203 before Magistrate Judge N. Reid Neureiter.Defendant remanded, (Total time: 4 minutes, Hearing time: 2:03 p.m.-2:07 p.m.)

CM/ECF - U.S. District Court:cod

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back