CO - Alexa Bartell, 20, killed in car when thrown rock struck windshield, possibly connected to similar cases in Denver area - Broomfield, 19 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Three adults. They knew they could kill someone and none of them really cared, IMO.

...Karol-Chik allegedly told investigators that he felt “a hint of guilt” after seeing the victim’s car...said, “We have to go back and see that,"...told investigators the suspects felt “excited” when the rocks hit cars.
From your link they have been doing this since February.

From your link they have been doing this since February.
I'm so angry at this vile trio.
Horrified and disgusted.
I'm guessing all three were not going to college/trade school ,and were (probably) unemployed ??
What did their parents think they were doing with their free time ?
Imo.

I too would bet good money that these three had nothing meaningful to occupy them (probably since COVID lockdown).

The men were seen loading up landscaping rocks from a nearby business into their truck and may be charged with several other non-fatal rock throwing incidents.

IMO.

mugshots at link. yikes JMO
So, the cell phone forensics must be something like a radius making a circle around each attacked car, and then whatever phones were common to all 7 circles would be the perps. Boom! Easy for LE to do (computer does it), and the attacks were somewhat apart, making the technique even more relevant.

Betcha the phones of the 3 teens were the only ones common to the 7 areas.

I'm so angry at this vile trio.
Horrified and disgusted.
I'm guessing all three were not going to college/trade school ,and were (probably) unemployed ??
What did their parents think they were doing with their free time ?
Imo.
They were seniors in high school.

From the charges against a Dad, I would guess we're looking at entitled kids who've never been held accountable.

Sorry, the text won't copy, but it's here:

Want to bet two of them will blame Kwak?

They were seniors in high school.

From the charges against a Dad, I would guess we're looking at entitled kids who've never been held accountable.

Sorry, the text won't copy, but it's here:

Want to bet two of them will blame Kwak?
This might a case where it is a race between the defendants to see who can cut a deal first. Don't be the last one without a chair when the music stops.

Nicholas Karol-Chik, Joseph Koenig and Zachary Kwak all face the same 13 charges:

one count of Murder in the First Degree,
six counts of Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder in the First Degree,
three counts of Assault in the Second Degree
Three counts of Criminal Attempt to Commit Assault in the First Degree.

The three suspects are set to appear in court at 1 p.m. on May 3 for the return filing of charges.

Looks like the parents splurged on some attorneys for them!

Koening's hired Tom Ward. Anyone that follows Colorado cases probably heard of his wife Dru Nielsen ( think Krystal Kenney's lawyer, Barry Morphew etc)

Karol-chiks seems to be a hired attorney as well.

Kwaks could be a PD, unclear. At one point she was a PD it looks like.

Looks like the parents splurged on some attorneys for them!

Koening's hired Tom Ward. Anyone that follows Colorado cases probably heard of his wife Dru Nielsen ( think Krystal Kenney's lawyer, Barry Morphew etc)

Karol-chiks seems to be a hired attorney as well.

Kwaks could be a PD, unclear. At one point she was a PD it looks like.
Where did you see this? I haven't seen anything yet. TIA.

Do you'all have some information for me on how they caught these 3 suspects?

Thanks!
Mostly by careful triangulation of cell phone data. They found that one suspect's phone was near the site of multiple rock throwing attacks. They also had several relevant tips from the public that pointed to the suspects.

The DA took over as a "reformer", fired most of the experienced prosecutors. Does she have the experienced staff to prosecute this? Two of the three defendants have hired private attorneys, and one of them is top notch. I earlier stated that this could be a race to make a plea. But I think i was wrong. Defense could force her to start negotiating fast.

So, they think 2 of the perps had been doing this since February.

Also, maybe more detail here:

[...] In tears, Kelly Bartell said she stood before the court Wednesday as a mother who had her daughter taken away. She remembered getting the call on the evening of April 19 and rushing to the scene.

“That five-minute drive was the most terrifying experience a mother can have," she said.

[...] When she got to the crash site, she saw her daughter's car in a field. A first responder stopped her from getting closer, saying her daughter was gone.

"I wake up every day living this nightmare over and over," she said. "... Alexa will not be able to celebrate her 21st birthday this year because of them."

She said the three suspects proved they are a danger to society.

Virtually, father Greg Bartell also addressed the court, saying his daughter was loved by everyone and lit up every room she walked into. [...]

last updated 9:42 AM, Jun 22, 2023

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back