GUILTY CO - Bobbie Oberholtzer, 29, & Annette Schnee, 21, killed, Breckenridge, 3 July 1982 *arrest in 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think they're related, but I have thought about the orange socks in the past and admit it's weird. I think victims may be found wearing white or grey or blue socks, and it just doesn't get focused on or stick with us as much as orange.
It would be weird if they were related. I mean, the killer either, a) brought along & left orange socks at the scene or, b) got so enraged when he saw orange socks that he couldn't hold back.

I just saw this case tonight on Unsolved Mysteries and then read more on the Web.

Regarding the photo of the unidentified man found on Schnee's pack, with the high and tight haircut and the shirt and undershirt the man is wearing, the first thing that popped into my head tonight was marine or army.

Just saw this case tonight highlighted on "On the case with Paula Zahn". At the end they said if you have information or you want to find out more information to call Crime Stoppers and visit Rocky Mountain Cold Case 1982 .

Of Interest they said that they have tested the glove for whose blood it is, and it does not match anybody in CODIS. With all the successes we have seen with genealogical breakthroughs, I wonder if they are going to use that to try to identify the person.

Cold case: Man arrested in 1982 killings of 2 Colorado women

Excerpt from the article:
"Authorities have not yet provided details about how Phillips was identified as a suspect. However, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation says it will provide an update on a “major development in a Park County investigation” on Wednesday at 1 p.m. The news conference will be live streamed on KDVR.com and in the FOX31 app."

The records show that Alan Lee Phillips, 70, was arrested Feb. 24 on the following charges in two crimes committed on Jan. 6, 1982:

• Kidnapping
  • Assault with a deadly weapon
  • Murder after deliberation
According to Park County Combined Court, the named victims in the case are Annette Schnee, 21, and Barbara Oberholtzer, 29, who were both last seen on Jan. 6, 1982.

Schnee was last seen about 4:45 p.m. that day, according to the cold case database from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

Colorado cold case arrest: Man arrested in 1982 killings | 9news.com

I remember seeing this too on Unsolved mysteries - and just go an alert about Sylvia Quayle and this story was in the same article. I see we have a thread for these 2 ladies!
From court site:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
3/5/21
1:15 PM 1Hr PHILLIPS, ALAN Hearing D472021CR15 Park County Division B
3/5/21
1:15 PM 1Hr PHILLIPS, ALAN Hearing D472021CR16 Park County Division B

3/8/21
11:30 AM 1Hr PHILLIPS, ALAN Rtrn Filing of Charges D472021CR15 Park County Division B
3/8/21
11:30 AM 1Hr PHILLIPS, ALAN Rtrn Filing of Charges D472021CR16 Park County Division B

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Here's an article I just got - a map of where everything was/is.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...2-deaths-of-two-young-women-near-breckenridge

Interestingly this case didn't make it to the Unsolved Mysteries that were all posted to Youtube as it seems some segments were edited out by the producers either to family being all deceased or wanting their privacy or the main suspect featured in each segment having been cleared by LE in the meantime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back