CO CO - Candace Hiltz, 17, Fremont County, 15 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All reporting and discussion of this case seems to be driven by information provided by a source who believes that a county sheriffs deputy is the murderer. I think there is a lot more to this situation that has not come out.

There are reasons to believe that the Fremont county Sheriffs Dept. does not always measure up to the highest standards of law enforcement but doesn’t mean that one of their own is necessarily involved.

There are reasons to believe that the Fremont county Sheriffs Dept. does not always measure up to the highest standards of law enforcement but doesn’t mean that one of their own is necessarily involved.

When evidence from the scene of a murder is found in a storage unit rented by an officer, they are most definitely involved.

Just watched the Cold Justice team help with this case. It was kind of odd seemed like the fix was in as the Cold Justice took everything that was said as fact by the police. They pointed out a lot of facts that the public had wrong in the case. Allegedly the evidence found in Dodd’s rental unit was not connected to Candace. Allegedly the dog did not have its head cut off but was instead shot. They also stated that there was only two guns that killed her. Candaces mother says her son was not violent, but is contradicted by her initial statements that were video taped in which she thinks her son did it. Now she says he had nothing to do with it, and he wasn’t violent. From multiple interviews it seems like her brother was highly delusional and had severe mental issues and was also a drug user. I used to think this was a massive cover up but now I’m not sure. I just don’t know if there was enough motive even if Dodds was a dirty cop and she did actually see him taking bribes. If he was being so open as to her seeing it happen I’m sure other people would have seen it to. 17 year olds are easily dismissed. Even if she filed a complaint against him, who is going to be believed a cop or a teen. It seems to me the easiest answer is that her brother did do it, and just doesn’t remember because he was off his rocker. Check out the episode of Cold Justice, season 6 episode 8. I felt really bad for her mother as she’s lost her daughter, her granddaughter, and has lost her son as well, and if that wasn’t tough enough I don’t believe she can face that her son might have been the cause.

Last edited:
Just watched the Cold Justice team help with this case. It was kind of odd seemed like the fix was in as the Cold Justice took everything that was said as fact by the police. They pointed out a lot of facts that the public had wrong in the case. Allegedly the evidence found in Dodd’s rental unit was not connected to Candace. .

Let's say you are a dirty cop, you managed to steal important evidence of this case, which following options would you choose?
A. Destroyed these evidences
B. put these evidences into a storage and forget about it

I watched ID Channel's Valley of the Damned "Impossible Perpetrator" so I'm anxious to watch Cold Justice since it seems CJ contradicts the evidence per ID episode.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back