CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
26 years ago tonight, the Abeyta's put Christopher to bed, only to wake up to an empty crib. :(

A $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Christopher's whereabouts.

https://www.facebook.com/findchristopher

Lots of interesting info from the family about their prime suspect on the latest update.

Wow, indeed. The part about the butcher knife is especially troublesome.

Its amazing they can estimate an age progressed likeness from a baby's photo!

I hope this family gets some answers. Where is the main suspect living today?

Christopher was kidnapped that night. There was not an accident and some cover-up by a family member! I laid Christopher in his crib with my Mom that night and was the first to see my Parents that morning. 27 years of my parents begging investigators to review his case, following up on the countless leads, spending every penny they have looking for my brother and it is some major cover-up? Really? So pathetically sad that my Parents had to endure waking up to an empty crib and doing everything humanly possible to find their son, and then for people to speculate after 27 years. What else does she have to be subjected to after 27 years, really?

Oh my goodness, I just saw this post denalves!

Family offers $100,000 for information in kidnapping from 27 years ago

A Colorado family is now offering a $100,000 reward for help finding a kidnapped boy.

[snip]

A few years ago, they went back to the home where Christopher was taken.

Denise reenacted his kidnapping, showing how a person could get in and out of the house without waking anyone in the middle of the night. Watch what the family believes are the steps of Christopher’s kidnapper:

The Steps of Christopher Abeyta's Kidnapper - YouTube

The Abeyta’s have their suspicions about who took Christopher, but police say no one has been ruled in or out as a suspect.

More: http://kdvr.com/2013/02/25/family-offers-100000-for-information-in-kidnapping-from-27-years-ago/

Latest News, Corsentino Investigations has been retained by the Abeyta family. http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/New-Private-Investigator--217872661.html

Not sure if you got my PM here or on FB. If you'd like a link to the adoption group I go to; PM me.

If your brother was told he was adopted; it's possible he's going to order a family tree DNA kit from 23andme. It's the cheapest one out there & has the largest database. A LOT of adoptees are doing it to try to find their birth parents. You as well as your dad or male sibling should submit one in case he tries it. I'll copy a post on an adoption site to explain how to get your DNA into other sites as well...

There are groups of DNA search angels who will help you and educate you on how this works so you can then help others. People are finding their relatives every single WEEK~! do 23andme.com $99 and once you have those results upload to FTDNA (Family tree DNA) for about $99 and to GEDmatch and a DNA Tools site DNAgedcom.com both free.

23 and me- buy 1 kit at $99 get additional kits 20% off! They're really trying to have the largest registry!

How this offer works:
* Requires purchase of one kit at full price ($99)
* 20% off applies to each additional kit purchased in the same order
* Redeem online following the offer link
* No promo code needed

Petition drive nearly complete for missing child's family
Abeyta family seeks public pressure for grand jury in 1986 case

The Colorado Springs family of missing Christopher Abeyta plans to use his 28th birthday this month as the date to present District Attorney Dan May with a petition calling for a grand jury to indict a suspect.

[snip]

A suspect has not been identified in the case. The Abeytas say they believe they know who the suspect is -- a woman who allegedly had an affair with Christopher's father. The woman has repeatedly denied any involvement.

http://www.krdo.com/news/petition-d...amily/-/417220/22779690/-/y0fpqp/-/index.html

Nearly three decades after Colorado Springs boy went missing, Christopher Abeyta's family seeks justice
Read more at http://gazette.com/nearly-three-dec...s-justice/article/1509948#U7rumc4wYStQyYjB.99

Nearly three decades after Colorado Springs boy went missing, Christopher Abeyta's family seeks justice there is a comment by B.B.Z. - Christopher Abeyta is NOT classified by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as a non-family abduction. He is classified as “endangered missing”. There is a big difference in the two classifications. See for yourself.

I went to Charley Project; he's listed as non-family abduction.

Does anyone know why NCMEC uses endangered missing? Is it because he's an adult? Who determines the missing status?

Forgot to add that most of the comments make me roll my eyes... Unreal to even think Chris's mom had something to do with him going missing.

Because NCMEC's categories are worthless. Whoops. Did I say that out loud?

They had Hasanni Campbell listed as "Lost/Injured Missing" for years. Yet they don't classify kids who ACTUALLY get lost in the woods as that... (i.e. Garrett Bardsley and Sammy Boehlke are listed as Endangered Missing on NCMEC, though they were both lost in wilderness areas.) They have teens that are known to have been sex trafficked listed as "Endangered Runaway", and some who "ran away" in the 60s or 70s. Yes, they may have ran away initially, but the circumstances have changed!

So, quite frankly, NCMEC categories mean nothing. Seriously. Just about everyone under the sun is listed as Endangered Missing.

/EndRant

Because NCMEC's categories are worthless. Whoops. Did I say that out loud?

They had Hasanni Campbell listed as "Lost/Injured Missing" for years. Yet they don't classify kids who ACTUALLY get lost in the woods as that... (i.e. Garrett Bardsley and Sammy Boehlke are listed as Endangered Missing on NCMEC, though they were both lost in wilderness areas.) They have teens that are known to have been sex trafficked listed as "Endangered Runaway", and some who "ran away" in the 60s or 70s. Yes, they may have ran away initially, but the circumstances have changed!

So, quite frankly, NCMEC categories mean nothing. Seriously. Just about everyone under the sun is listed as Endangered Missing.

/EndRant

Thank you; wasn't sure as I don't usually follow their site..

Thank you so much!

Family of missing child sued for defamation of character MST Dec 03, 2013

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Last month, Emma Bradshaw filed a lawsuit against Gil Abeyta, Bernice Abeyta, Denise Abeyta Alves and "first through 100 Does, persons who are defendants, but who's identities are not fully known." The complaint says she has been damaged and defamed, and that the Abeytas' accusations invaded her privacy and damaged her person causing mental and emotional distress and loss of a job.

She is seeking upwards of $100,000 & wants everything removed from any websites that have info about her connecting her to the case or her relationship with Christopher's father.

Thank you so much!

Family of missing child sued for defamation of character MST Dec 03, 2013

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Last month, Emma Bradshaw filed a lawsuit against Gil Abeyta, Bernice Abeyta, Denise Abeyta Alves and "first through 100 Does, persons who are defendants, but who's identities are not fully known." The complaint says she has been damaged and defamed, and that the Abeytas' accusations invaded her privacy and damaged her person causing mental and emotional distress and loss of a job.

She is seeking upwards of $100,000 & wants everything removed from any websites that have info about her connecting her to the case or her relationship with Christopher's father.

Thought I posted this -
Family of Missing Boy Countersues Updated: Fri 4:51 AM, Dec 13, 2013 In this new countersuit, Christopher’s parents and sister are denying the allegations they are facing in the lawsuit. The Abeyta family claims Bradshaw is abusing the court process. Their countersuit is for what this is going to cost them to fight it.

I pray that 2014 is the year this man can hug a family who has searched for him for so long.

I was just having a conversation with a friend over at her house today and she informed me her neighbor is this suspect. I came straight here to see if the case was being covered. she also works at a bank in town (not one I bank at).

I haven't read this thread yet....but now im going to, to see what all has been said and what yall have uncovered ;)

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/50898802.html

15 July 09

Experts have created a new composite showing what Christopher Abeyta might look like, 23 years after the 7-month-old disappeared from the family's home in Colorado Springs.

The composite was released by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The Center is asking anyone who may have information about Abeyta, to call their toll-free national hotline, 1-800-THE-LOST.

Christopher disappeared from his parents' bedroom between 12:30 - 2:30 a.m. on July 15th, 1986.

Christopher Abeyta's mother has never stopped looking for him, even though she, at one time, was under police focus.

Bernice Abeyta says she's optimistic about this new composite, and about new leads generated recently. She says, "I want to do whatever it's going to take to get through to people to find Christopher."

[The new age progression, however, is not shown at the link!]

I don't think the parents are guilty. But I think Christopher's kidnapper was someone who knew the family and layout of the house enough to not make noise, use a flashlight. Christopher perhaps did not make noise because he likely knew his abductor. Some questionns about the case:

1.) Why did LE lose important evidence in the case, and what was the evidence that was lost?

2.) Should the polygraph test that Mrs. Abeyta failed be ruled as inconclusive evidence, because she was suffering from the obvious trauma of the abduction and the stress as she withdrew from the medication?

3.) What medication was she taking? For what length of time? How much did it help? If it was helping, why did she stop taking the medicine?

4.) I have heard different reports that the basement window was open AND the bedroom door was unlocked. I read somewhere that the Abeyta's had many children and they left the doors unlocked because some of the kids were teens and they were often coming into the house or going out.

5.) Why would the family spend all these years looking for Christopher and setting up help and support services for information if the parents were guilty? That does not make sense to me.

6.) There is one bad piece of evidence that hurts the family though, and that is Charlie Project's claim that it was the first night the father had returned home for the first time since the separation. Charlie Project claims that the father slept in the home when Christopher went missing between the night and the following morning. Maybe LE went with that and blamed the parents off of this? I don't think it's enough to make the family guilty, but it is a very painful coincidence.

7.) What is known about the Abeyta's separation? How long were they separated? Were they legally divorced? Was their any evidence of alcohol, physical abuse, or drug use within the family before or leading up to their separation? After Christopher went missing?

8.) Would family members be willing to submit to DNA testing to rule everyone out as suspects? Do you guys think another polygraph test could rule the parents out as suspects?

9.) What is the current status and situation of Christopher's family at this time?

10.) Above in the quote, a time of 12:30am to 2:30am is given for when the abduction occurred, other accounts say, between 12:30 to 6am. What evidence narrows the time gap down mentioned above? Did any of the other family members hear anything at all during that time spread?

Let's hope for justice and closure in Christopher's case!

Satch

Thought I posted this -
Family of Missing Boy Countersues Updated: Fri 4:51 AM, Dec 13, 2013 In this new countersuit, Christopher’s parents and sister are denying the allegations they are facing in the lawsuit. The Abeyta family claims Bradshaw is abusing the court process. Their countersuit is for what this is going to cost them to fight it.

UPDATE: Emma Bradshaw filed a motion to dismiss the Abeyta's counterclaim against her. It has been DENIED by a judge.

Christopher's family filed a counterclaim against Emma Bradshaw for "Abuse of Process" stating "Bradshaw has incorrectly and falsely accused alleged claims in her Complaint against Defendants/Counterclaim Plaintiffs." "Upon information and belief, Plaintiff/Counterclaim Defendant Bradshaw brought the civil action against Defendants/Counterclaim Plaintiffs not because she has incurred the damages she has alleged in her Complaint, but instead, as a vehicle to obtain crucial investigative information (conducted by both the Defendants Abeyta/Alves and by the Colorado Springs Police Department) regarding the disappearance of Christopher Abeyta, to which she otherwise would have no access."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back