CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
May, 2013 News shared on NCMEC fb page;

A beautiful testament of heart-felt kindness and compassion as these children recognize a charity that has helped one of their fellow students family's.

This is a reminder of how far reaching the impact of a family tragedy is for all members. It's really intergenerational. Taryn never knew her uncle Christopher, but she is very much in touch with what it has meant to the people she loves.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25529119/nonprofit-benefits-from-sixth-grade-school-sale

UPDATE: Emma Bradshaw filed a motion to dismiss the Abeyta's counterclaim against her. It has been DENIED by a judge.

Christopher's family filed a counterclaim against Emma Bradshaw for "Abuse of Process" stating "Bradshaw has incorrectly and falsely accused alleged claims in her Complaint against Defendants/Counterclaim Plaintiffs." "Upon information and belief, Plaintiff/Counterclaim Defendant Bradshaw brought the civil action against Defendants/Counterclaim Plaintiffs not because she has incurred the damages she has alleged in her Complaint, but instead, as a vehicle to obtain crucial investigative information (conducted by both the Defendants Abeyta/Alves and by the Colorado Springs Police Department) regarding the disappearance of Christopher Abeyta, to which she otherwise would have no access."

Do you believe Emma is involved? I think it is likely yes. You can't rule it out.

Satch

Very good article. What a beautiful baby! I did not know previously that he was snatched right from the parents' bedroom. How they did not hear that, I have no idea. I sincerely hope that Christopher was sold off to someone and had/has a happy life. However the suspect does not sound too stable so that really worries me. :(

28 Years Since Missing Boy's Disappearance

ABEYTA+PIC1.JPG

It’s been almost three decades since a baby went missing from his home in Colorado Springs. The family says they are determined to get his case solved. This month marks 28 years since Christopher Abeyta was last seen. On Sunday, the family held what they call a justice walk. With posters in hand, dozens marched down the street in Colorado Springs, from the Springs Police Headquarters to the District Attorney's office. They say they want justice for Christopher Abeyta. He was just seven months old when he disappeared.

Link that goes with the post above. Video at link

28 Years Since Missing Boy's Disappearance

Wonder why the walk was done on a Sunday & not the 15th which is a Tuesday.
denalves; have you guys done the DNA for genealogy?

Not sure if you got my PM here or on FB. If you'd like a link to the adoption group I go to; PM me.

If your brother was told he was adopted; it's possible he's going to order a family tree DNA kit from 23andme. It's the cheapest one out there & has the largest database. A LOT of adoptees are doing it to try to find their birth parents. You as well as your dad or male sibling should submit one in case he tries it. I'll copy a post on an adoption site to explain how to get your DNA into other sites as well...

There are groups of DNA search angels who will help you and educate you on how this works so you can then help others. People are finding their relatives every single WEEK~! do 23andme.com $99 and once you have those results upload to FTDNA (Family tree DNA) for about $99 and to GEDmatch and a DNA Tools site DNAgedcom.com both free.

23 and me- buy 1 kit at $99 get additional kits 20% off! They're really trying to have the largest registry!

How this offer works:
* Requires purchase of one kit at full price ($99)
* 20% off applies to each additional kit purchased in the same order
* Redeem online following the offer link
* No promo code needed

I have been reading some older newspaper articles about this case. It seems that this POI who is suing has indeed been the primary suspect from the family's point of view all these years.

From the article Missing Kids: The Mexican Connection Children: Couple say son is among those abducted to Mexico. Mexican officials say kids also are taken to U.S., especially in illegal adoptions written on January 28, 1991; the mother describes her as a fatal attraction for her husband. Also according to the article, the POI was in Mexico shortly after the abduction took place.

Personally, I don't put much stock into polygraph tests. My friend told me he used to "beat" them all the time when he was being questioned. He would just answer in a stoic manner or think about eating food after he answered the question; anything to relax him.

In a different article I read, the mom described her thought process while answering the questions (the 2nd test she took) and everything was going fine in terms of questioning until she was asked "Do you know where Christopher is?" As this was something she was thinking about every single minute of every single day, it did rattle her and she knew after answering that she had failed. Maybe this could be interpreted as guilt of having a hand in his disappearance but I think it has more to do with the incredible anguish a parent must feel not knowing where their child is.

The article referenced above appeared in The Washington Post on April 29, 1987. It was written by Judy Mann, titled The Disappearance of Christopher

Just wanted to post this in case it hasn't been posted already. The family of Christopher is trying to initiate a Grand Jury investigation, and they need signatures. They are a little over half way to their goal of 5000. Here is the link to the family's Change.org petition.

https://www.change.org/p/the-office-of-the-district-attorney-of-colorado-springs-colorado-initiate-a-grand-jury-investigation-2

I went back as far as Jan 2014 don't see it listed. Can't believe they haven't gotten 5,000 sigs after almost 2 years! Person by the initials of LM WEST BOYLSTON, MA signed almost 2 years ago

I think they are struggling at this point to get more signatures. They have been posting on Facebook quite often, and I thought I would come on here and post in hopes that it could generate some more traffic.

I think they are struggling at this point to get more signatures. They have been posting on Facebook quite often, and I thought I would come on here and post in hopes that it could generate some more traffic.

Something about the way they're posting is turning people off IMO

Something about the way they're posting is turning people off IMO
I didn't find any of the posts offensive, but I'm more of a scanner on FB, so maybe I overlooked then.
Something is wrong with the petition. I spent 20 minutes trying to sign it, but kept getting Website Offline and Page Cannot Be Located messages. In the last seven months 409 people have signed. I suspect the rest are waiting on their submission to upload. I emailed the administrator of the Find Christopher page.
Weird case, not discussed as much as I'd expect. The dad was rumored to have been having an affair. He then left his wife and newborn for a mentally unstable woman. This woman, Emma Bradshaw enters the Abeyta home and takes family pictures off the wall, and threatens his other children outside their school.
The dad moves back in with his family and on the first night, Christopher, 7 months old, is kidnapped. Christopher was sleeping in a crib next to his parents' bed.
There are rumors about the dad's infidelity that also imply he has other character issues. I tend to believe these rumors, but will not expound at this time (I would need a refresher on what I'd read in the past). I don't think the father had any part in his son's disappearance.
Everything I've seen, read, or heard about the mom and Christopher's six siblings makes me think they are honest, hardworking, salt-of the-Earth people. They've glossed over the dad's actions and steadfastly defended him. Which is a., my opinion, and b., their prerogative. But it makes wonder if everything was really as it seems.
For example, the website reports that the dad and mom were going through a brief separation. Well, sure, but there was a lot more going on than a brief separation.
At one time there were other details available, but I don't know if those articles are online. I do want to acknowledge that maybe the dad had a judgement lapse, and is otherwise a stand-up guy. I don't know him or any of the family and am not able to judge his character. It does seem like being a good dad was a priority for him. The family could just be really defensive because the dad was actually great but falsely portrayed, Christopher was kidnapped by an obsessed woman, there is not an adequate investigation, and everyone is focusing the wrong things.
I want to say how impressed I am by the love and dedication the family has demonstrated for Christopher. There are little details on the website and in other news articles that show how crazy about him they were. They relate how they held him all the time, and there are pictures of him sleeping covered up by a little baby robe, and other sincere evidence of the family's devotion. These are the type of things I would remember and miss if a child in my family was missing.
http://www.findchristopher.com
This is a great video reenactment where his sister shows what the family believes happened:
http://youtu.be/NXiRP9DGFMU
The video has had almost 10,000 views. The sister does a great job of explaining things, she is a good spokesperson.
Does WS ever promote petitions on the homepage? (I always use Tapatalk, and don't ever view the main pages.) I know they have featured cases, so that might be a way to get some attention and signatures if the petition site ever gets fixed.

Abeyta has his suspicions of what happened to his son. It's not knowing where he is now that worries him most.

"I can't tell you whether Christopher is alive or dead. We wish he was alive, but we don't know," Abeyta said.

http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-springs-father-weighs-in-on-missing-persons-cases/32096030
That's....an odd thing to say. It strikes me as weird. First you say you dont know, then you say We wish he was alive but then again say we don't know? Maybe its just the phrasing....nothing more.

I didn't find any of the posts offensive, but I'm more of a scanner on FB, so maybe I overlooked then.
Something is wrong with the petition. I spent 20 minutes trying to sign it, but kept getting Website Offline and Page Cannot Be Located messages. In the last seven months 409 people have signed. I suspect the rest are waiting on their submission to upload. I emailed the administrator of the Find Christopher page.
Weird case, not discussed as much as I'd expect. The dad was rumored to have been having an affair. He then left his wife and newborn for a mentally unstable woman. This woman, Emma Bradshaw enters the Abeyta home and takes family pictures off the wall, and threatens his other children outside their school.
The dad moves back in with his family and on the first night, Christopher, 7 months old, is kidnapped. Christopher was sleeping in a crib next to his parents' bed.
There are rumors about the dad's infidelity that also imply he has other character issues. I tend to believe these rumors, but will not expound at this time (I would need a refresher on what I'd read in the past). I don't think the father had any part in his son's disappearance.
Everything I've seen, read, or heard about the mom and Christopher's six siblings makes me think they are honest, hardworking, salt-of the-Earth people. They've glossed over the dad's actions and steadfastly defended him. Which is a., my opinion, and b., their prerogative. But it makes wonder if everything was really as it seems.
For example, the website reports that the dad and mom were going through a brief separation. Well, sure, but there was a lot more going on than a brief separation.
At one time there were other details available, but I don't know if those articles are online. I do want to acknowledge that maybe the dad had a judgement lapse, and is otherwise a stand-up guy. I don't know him or any of the family and am not able to judge his character. It does seem like being a good dad was a priority for him. The family could just be really defensive because the dad was actually great but falsely portrayed, Christopher was kidnapped by an obsessed woman, there is not an adequate investigation, and everyone is focusing the wrong things.
I want to say how impressed I am by the love and dedication the family has demonstrated for Christopher. There are little details on the website and in other news articles that show how crazy about him they were. They relate how they held him all the time, and there are pictures of him sleeping covered up by a little baby robe, and other sincere evidence of the family's devotion. These are the type of things I would remember and miss if a child in my family was missing.
http://www.findchristopher.com
This is a great video reenactment where his sister shows what the family believes happened:
http://youtu.be/NXiRP9DGFMU
The video has had almost 10,000 views. The sister does a great job of explaining things, she is a good spokesperson.
Does WS ever promote petitions on the homepage? (I always use Tapatalk, and don't ever view the main pages.) I know they have featured cases, so that might be a way to get some attention and signatures if the petition site ever gets fixed.

I think EB kidnapped Christopher. She certainly seems like the type,

She needs to either confess, or submit DNA to show she didn't do it, or the DNA test might confirm she is CE's kidnapper. This needs to be done, if it hasn't done this already.

Satch

I think EB kidnapped Christopher. She certainly seems like the type,

She needs to either confess, or submit DNA to show she didn't do it, or the DNA test might confirm she is CE's kidnapper. This needs to be done, if it hasn't done this already.

Satch

Is there any DNA to test against?

No; a lot of things from the case got tossed years ago according to a mistake.
Really wish I knew if they have tried the DNA for genealogy yet or not. There are so many databases they can add DNA to

I've seen the mom on news YouTube videos, and something isn't right. I think it is also very suspicious that the dad said he wished Christopher were still alive. Considering Christopher slept in a crib that was only a few feet away from the parents' bed, wouldn't the "abductor" have waken up at least one of the parents in the process?

My parents have never stopped searching for my little brother. They traveled the country publicizing his disappearance and have followed up on hundreds of tips. They have done countless interviews over the years to ensure that the public continues to look for their little boy. I appreciate your interest in my brother's case, for more information you can go to www.findchristopher.com or his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/findchristopher?ref=hl. Other links are: http://kdvr.com/2013/02/25/family-offers-100000-for-information-in-kidnapping-from-27-years-ago/ and [video=youtube;NXiRP9DGFMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXiRP9DGFMU[/video]. You might find these two cases interesting where the infants were stolen from their bassinets right next to their sleeping parents and the parents did not wake up and also heard nothing and in both cases the mothers/parents were initially suspected. In both cases the infants were found and arrests were made, but imagine for one moment if they weren't found? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isconsin-bedroom-leaves-police-mystified.html, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...net-stolen-GRANDMOTHER-58-tried-pass-own.html.

Thank you, denalves, for all of the information you shared. I came across this thread while browsing the forum and have read through most of it. I hope your family has closure someday. I was only 7 weeks old when your brother went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back