CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm confused as to where you got this information about the family's door being unlocked and this being out of character for them.

What I read on the Charley Project & the Doe Network said that the basement window was left open. I don't know whether this was unusual or not. They may not have used their basement often, so the window could have been open for days.

I don't know first-hand how often a garage door opener is used, but it seems like if it was missing, you would notice it pretty quickly. Is it possible they had two garage door openers and that's why they didn't notice? It could have just gotten lost and they didn't notice it was gone till after Christopher was kidnapped. I don't know for sure that it's connected, but the basement window is definitely suspicious.

I don't know-- it is puzzling. I think the police should question everyone who was in that house since Christopher was born, period.

In the Gazette Telegraph, July 16, 1986, article titled, “Kidnapper steals baby from crib” it was reported that:

“The front door of the home was left unlocked overnight. One of the seven Abeyta children Tabatha, called Monday night and told her mother to leave the door open because she would be late.

As it turned out, Tabatha 17, stayed at a girlfriend’s house and did not come home until after 6 a.m. Tuesday.”
http://www3.gazette.com/documents/abeyta/Abeyta16July1986.pdf

Much prayer is needed for the Abeyta family.

is the sheriff that was involved with eb still alive?

Bump for justice for Christopher. :hug: denalves.

My heart still goes out to Christopher's family. They deserve answers. They deserve justice. :cry:

Denalves, I admire your family's strength and courage.

Bumping for Christopher.

I'm wondering if anyone could talk to EB's child who is now grown.

Perhaps some hints of info have slipped out over the years..........?

You never know.

I have thought about bombarding this woman with photos of Christopher on the anniversary of his kidnapping and thought a giant billboard near her home with a photo would be appropriate too. I wish I knew someone in her family etc. and could do more to help.

Christopher was kidnapped that night. There was not an accident and some cover-up by a family member! I laid Christopher in his crib with my Mom that night and was the first to see my Parents that morning. 27 years of my parents begging investigators to review his case, following up on the countless leads, spending every penny they have looking for my brother and it is some major cover-up? Really? So pathetically sad that my Parents had to endure waking up to an empty crib and doing everything humanly possible to find their son, and then for people to speculate after 27 years. What else does she have to be subjected to after 27 years, really?

A petition has been created to help Christopher Abeyta's family find their son, and to compel the DA to initiate a Grand Jury Investigation on the suspect. At the bottom of the petition, there are links to the evidence and other information regarding the case. It is normal to think about other possible scenarios, but please refrain from doing so until you have looked through all available information and evidence. This family has spent 27 years investigating the disappearance of their son, and in My Honest Opinion, have had to endure continued horrors because of perceptions. Perceptions are NOT facts. These same perceptions are what have prevented "professionals" from doing their job; The first of which, was to investigate the suspect when the name was given to them the day after Christopher's kidnapping! It should not take a Grand Jury Investigation for this family to get help. The suspect has never been investigated, only questioned as a witness. It is truly sickening all the injustices and prejudices that have been allowed to occur in the past 27 years related to this case. It is time that this family got some help. They have evidence, and they want it presented to a Grand Jury for investigation, in full!
Take the time and read through the EVIDENCE. Sign & Share the petition. Their son is STILL missing!
http://www.change.org/petitions/the...olorado-initiate-a-grand-jury-investigation-2

27 years later: Abeyta family still hopeful missing son will be found

As three missing teens turn up alive inside an Ohio home three decades after they disappeared, there's new hope in a 27 year old cold case right here in Colorado Springs.

July 15, 1986 is when 7-month old Christopher Abeyta vanished from his home. A massive manhunt and lengthy investigation turned up nothing, but that's not stopping Christopher's mother, Bernice, from searching for answers.

[snip]

There is a $100,000 reward being offered for information on where Christopher might be. Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-THE-LOST.

More: http://www.koaa.com/news/27-years-later-abeyta-family-still-hopeful-missing-son-will-be-found/#_

What happened to the Christopher Abeyta FB ? I noticed I was not getting updates anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back