Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an alert, but it was from a link that I no longer can access - but I read it really fast - and it said defense filed another motion for mistrial - ?? And the judge was going to rule on it today.
Anyone see anything like that?
@Emi - I don't see any updates in the documents for Redwine though. TIA if you find anything. :)

Trial for Mark Redwine in limbo amid COVID-19 concerns

The future of the trial for Mark Redwine, accused of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, in 2012, is uncertain amid concerns of COVID-19.

On Thursday, District Judge Jeffrey Wilson, overseeing the case, temporarily suspended proceedings after he woke up with mild symptoms associated with the coronavirus. But a blood and a nasal swab tests both came back negative, Wilson said Monday.

But on Monday, Redwine’s public defenders – Justin Bogan and John Moran – said members of their team also have COVID-like symptoms.

Bogan said his office is awaiting test results for his staff, though one member did test negative.

Champagne added he is concerned Redwine’s public defenders are “intentionally” trying to delay the trial by claiming they had COVID-19 symptoms.

In the lead up to the trial, Redwine’s public defenders tried multiple times to delay the trial citing COVID-19 concerns, all denied by Wilson.

Additionally, Champagne said Moran was seen with another person and no mask during a time Moran should be in quarantine.

“That certainly undercuts their position,” Champagne said.

Moran chose not to respond to the allegation, other than to say he was in his yard without a mask.

Judge in Dylan Redwine murder trial is clear of COVID-19, but defense team says they might have it – Canon City Daily Record

UPDATED: November 9, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.

[..]

Sixth Judicial Chief Judge Jeffrey Wilson stopped jury selection for Mark Redwine’s trial last week after the judge woke up with mild COVID-19 symptoms, but he said in court Monday that he’s confirmed with two tests that he does not have the virus.

However, members of Redwine’s defense team began showing COVID-19 symptoms on Thursday, public defender Justin Bogan said during Monday’s hearing. He asked Wilson to declare a mistrial, even though the defense attorneys are still awaiting test results to see whether they have contracted the coronavirus.

One person on the defense team had a test that came back negative, Bogan said, but he said in order to follow public health guidelines, everyone on the team who may have been exposed needs to quarantine for 10 to 14 days or until testing confirms all are negative, which Bogan argued meant the trial could not go forward.

[..]

Dylan Redwine’s family members opposed a mistrial, speaking in court Monday about how difficult it is for the family that the case is still pending three years after Mark Redwine’s arrest and eight years after Dylan disappeared.

[..]

Monday’s hearing was held by telephone after the court couldn’t get its online video streaming service, Webex, working.

I got an alert, but it was from a link that I no longer can access - but I read it really fast - and it said defense filed another motion for mistrial - ?? And the judge was going to rule on it today.
Anyone see anything like that?
@Emi - I don't see any updates in the documents for Redwine though. TIA if you find anything. :)

The defense is arguing that members of their team that may have been exposed to COVID19 virus should be quarantined for 10-14 days (while still trying to push the mistrial agenda since before the start of the trial).

Latest update was the Monday session had to be conducted by phone because the court's in-house WebEx system failed today.

ETA: As of 11:16 AM PST, the La Plata County Dist Court home page has no trial instructions so I think it's safe to say the court (jury selection) rested after the brief morning session.

Colorado Judicial Branch - 6th Judicial District - Homepage

Last edited:
The defense is arguing that members of their team that may have been exposed to COVID19 virus should be quarantined for 10-14 days (while still trying to push the mistrial agenda since before the start of the trial).

Latest update was the Monday session had to be conducted by phone because the court's in-house WebEx system failed today.

ETA: As of 11:16 AM PDT, there La Plata County Dist Court home page has no trial instructions so I think it's safe to say the court (jury selection) rested after the brief morning session.

Okay - at first I thought might be an article. Shoot.... they'll never get to trial at this rate!! :(

After all these delays with cases at WS...am I the only person concerned that there isn't going to be a major major push from defense atty's that the time to trial isn't being met in hopes of trials getting kicked completely due to such laws?

Mark Redwine case: Judge declares a mistrial | 9news.com

Nov 9, 2020

Mark Redwine's attorneys said in a court hearing Monday that members of the defense team are showing COVID-19 symptoms.

acdd1b74-4298-47e1-9c2c-8baaeb202820_750x422.jpg

Mistrial declared in Mark Redwine trial

Nov 9, 2020

DURANGO, Colo. (KDVR) — A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of Mark Redwine, who is accused of killing his son in 2012.

A status conference for Redwine’s case was being held Monday when the decision was announced.

According to Colorado Supreme Court spokesperson Rob McCallum, the decision was made after a member of the defense team reported COVID-19 symptoms.

“Defense counsel filed a motion stating that part of the defense team is experiencing COVID symptoms (test pending) and asked for a mistrial. After deliberation, Judge Wilson granted the motion,” McCallum said in a tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean