DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this article:

"They will not be conducting a house-to-house search"

Why not I wonder....I don't see how that could hurt at this point. Hmmmmmmmm

Sorry to quote myself, but see what I mean about the varying media reports...Now another article ( http://www.newstimes.com/news/crime...earch-in-Colo-boy-s-disappearance-4070621.php )is saying completely the opposite:

"Deputies were going door-to-door in the area Tuesday, asking residents if they had seen anything suspicious around the time of the disappearance."

(Either way, one would think they would've done this in the initial stages of the investigation. That's usually the first thing they do....)

I know that MR lives in a rural area... but in a news article I read (pg 21 I think) it said something about homes next to or nearby MR's home...

I don't know how close these homes are. Does anyone personally know what this road is like? i.e., are the homes 1/2 a mile apart? More? Less?

ETA: here is the link.... http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart

"Vallecito store owners and residents living next to Dylan’s father Mark Redwine were a few of those interviewed Tuesday"

I'm the product of fine southern parents. (southeastern Tennessee)
I remember my grandfather and older uncles using the term "that boy" when speaking of their sons/grandsons. It was a term of endearment usually used when the boy did something wrong.
I'm wondering if Dylan's father is using it in the same way.
Maybe in his heart he believes that Dylan really did runaway?
It's old fashion, but... this is a guy that chooses to live in the boondocks so to speak.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if maybe the father was simply lost on what exactly to do.
If this is an area where kids will hitchhike, it's probably the same type of place where it's inconceivable that something bad would happen.

Yes often in this area we do here that boy(I tell my son at night, I love you boy) Also as to the type of place where it's inconceivable, yes I think I would agree with that statement. The town I live in is more populated, but when I go to Durango, or even Bayfield, they don't seem to have that high of a crime rate, and if they do it seems alot of it is brought in from the Farmington NM area. Making you think nope nothing like this could or should of happened in the area where MR lives.

Sorry to quote myself, but see what I mean about the varying media reports...Now another article ( http://www.newstimes.com/news/crime...earch-in-Colo-boy-s-disappearance-4070621.php )is saying completely the opposite:

"Deputies were going door-to-door in the area Tuesday, asking residents if they had seen anything suspicious around the time of the disappearance.

There is a difference between door to door CANVASSING and door to door HOUSE SEARCHES.

I think they were saying, NO, we AREN'T SEARCHING door to door, but we WILL be going door to door asking questions ...

Make sense??

imo

I was about to mention the same thing. I have friends who go there to ski, etc. They have stories of bears right in their yard and even in town bears have gotten into their truck beds. I don't know if they are hibernating now or not, but I certainly think wild animals should be considered. Someone from that area could speak to this better than I. jmo

These animals are often out and about, my husband works in the Durango Bayfield areas in the open in the middle of no where, and they are always having to be aware of the wild animals. Not to mention the wild dogs that live on the indian reservations that have now become such a problem that they have even been known to kill grown adults because they are starving. They have even relocated bears to other areas to keep them from coming into towns and populated areas, to have them return....

I know that MR lives in a rural area... but in a news article I read (pg 21 I think) it said something about homes next to or nearby MR's home...

I don't know how close these homes are. Does anyone personally know what this road is like? i.e., are the homes 1/2 a mile apart? More? Less?

ETA: here is the link.... http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart

"Vallecito store owners and residents living next to Dylan’s father Mark Redwine were a few of those interviewed Tuesday"

Dixie, 2343 CR500 Durango CO, do a google maps
search and you can see it for yourself

Also from the above article at Pine River Times:

"Durango police Lt. Ray Shupe said search-and-rescue teams are on standby but have stopped actively looking for the boy because they have run out of places to look."

Maybe we can brainstorm on this aspect...of course we don't know where exactly they've already looked, but still, at least its something productive...

Something hit me in the middle of the night. I jumped straight out of bed. I was so excited my heart was racing. I'm not trying to sound like I have some secret information, bc I don't, but I had a thought and contacted LE. I will not share so as to not tip off any guilty parties who may be reading this. That is one thing we must remember, imo. If there is something that strikes you as really really plausible that could help the investigation, and you think it is a strong possibility, I urge you to share this with LE, and not publicly post it so as to not tip any hands or compromise the integrity of the investigation. The most important thing is bringing Dylan home. It is very likely any guilty parties involved are reading this forum.

There is a difference between door to door CANVASSING and door to door HOUSE SEARCHES.

I think they were saying, NO, we AREN'T SEARCHING door to door, but we WILL be going door to door asking questions ...

Make sense??

imo

Yes, I think you're right! I know they are just doing the canvass to see if anyone has any relevant info. But I'm thinking that if someone who did have any sinister involvement or knowledge in Dylan's disappearance lived in this area, it would be very easy for them to just "be at work" or "not at home" when the investigators came around and avoid having to speak with LE all together.

It's interesting that dad changed from using the pronoun "I" to using the pronoun "everyone" in that awkward sentence where he distances himself.

I think the sentence "My focus is on Dylan and what he needs from us" is very peculiar. What he needs from us? Huh? Most people would state "My focus is finding my son, Dylan".

Just my take on it, because (as usual) I just have to be contrary, I guess...I felt like this statement is in a way a response to the unflattering statements (and please note that I'm not commenting on the validity or motivations for them) his ex-wife has made. IMO it is possible that dad is responding by stating that he is not going to engage with his ex-wife one way or the other (i.e. by fighting back against her comments or by supporting her in this difficult time), but that does not mean that he does not care about their son and does not share her (and "everyone's") desire to find him or have him come home. "What he needs from us" may indicate that dad thinks Dylan ran away because his needs were not being met. Or may be a response to suggestions that mom and dad "need" to come together, which in his opinion is NOT what Dylan wants or needs.

I just don't know.

fwiw, I had to teach my Dad how to text. His phone is not a user friendly smart phone, it's one of those "in between" phones. You have to seek out your text messages, and he never saw texts come in. He still won't reply for days to photo texts I send him, and I usually have to ask him if he's seen it for him to look. It's just not easy or intuitive on his phone, and he's not the type to care. Always answers his phone, though.

I am assuming the family would know if he is a texter or not, but if he's not and they decided to use text for whatever logistical reason on their end- he may just not have seen it.

Alternatively, he may have been in intensive questioning with LE and not had access. I can't imagine that intensive questioning was not happening day 1 and 2.

Not making excuses, just saying that if she is dealing with one side of the story, and we all know how well that usually works. Of course he could respond to it, but he seems unconcerned with that right now. Which is good, if he was all concerned about his reputation right now I'd probably find it extremely odd.

Ok- you are describing me- if I actually realize I have a message and read it- my kids know that any text I receive is "read only" like an announcement. I will call them back, etc., but I have no patience to try and text on my phone.

A mountain lion ate half of my niece's horse Christmas 2011 and half of Larry the Llama several weeks before her horse. They leave large zombie apocalypse type messes when eating. Searchers would easily spot the mess if Dylan disappeared in this manner near his home.

:what: Geez! eek!

Just my take on it, because (as usual) I just have to be contrary, I guess...I felt like this statement is in a way a response to the unflattering statements (and please note that I'm not commenting on the validity or motivations for them) his ex-wife has made. IMO it is possible that dad is responding by stating that he is not going to engage with his ex-wife one way or the other (i.e. by fighting back against her comments or by supporting her in this difficult time), but that does not mean that he does not care about their son and does not share her (and "everyone's") desire to find him or have him come home. "What he needs from us" may indicate that dad thinks Dylan ran away because his needs were not being met. Or may be a response to suggestions that mom and dad "need" to come together, which in his opinion is NOT what Dylan wants or needs.

I just don't know.

BBM...

I think that's a very good point of view.

"Durango police Lt. Ray Shupe said search-and-rescue teams are on standby but have stopped actively looking for the boy because they have run out of places to look."

Maybe we can brainstorm on this aspect...of course we don't know where exactly they've already looked, but still, at least its something productive...

Something hit me in the middle of the night. I jumped straight out of bed. I was so excited my heart was racing. I'm not trying to sound like I have some secret information, bc I don't, but I had a thought and contacted LE. I will not share so as to not tip off any guilty parties who may be reading this. That is one thing we must remember, imo. If there is something that strikes you as really really plausible that could help the investigation, and you think it is a strong possibility, I urge you to share this with LE, and not publicly post it so as to not tip any hands or compromise the integrity of the investigation. The most important thing is bringing Dylan home. It is very likely any guilty parties involved are reading this forum.

I for one hope it was an epithany (sp) and something comes of it. jmo

I am assuming the family would know if he is a texter or not, but if he's not and they decided to use text for whatever logistical reason on their end- he may just not have seen it.

Alternatively, he may have been in intensive questioning with LE and not had access. I can't imagine that intensive questioning was not happening day 1 and 2.

Sometimes where cell reception is a bit dodgy texts seem to go through where calls don't. And if eldest perhaps doesn't share mom's views, he may have wanted to try contacting dad without her listening in?

The Sheriff’s Office had five to seven investigators interviewing people who may be linked to the case or have information about the disappearance. Canvassing all the homes in Vallecito is expected to take several days.

Vallecito store owners and residents living next to Dylan’s father Mark Redwine were a few of those interviewed Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/search-147830-springs-boy.html#ixzz2DXwWfyKO

-------

If your tip leads to a happy discovery I hope you will let us know !

I wonder if dad had an xbox live account at his home? Might have been something he would do for dylan to make it more fun to come hang out for a week. Kids can talk on xbox live straight to all of their friends in live time , which would cut out any need to text. See? I , too, was wondering why the abrupt END to the txts to his friends on sunday evening . He could easily have been chatting with them all through the game for hours after turning off his phone !

But his friends said they had tried to contact him but had no luck reaching him. So I don't think they did talk to him while he was on x-box. And the father does have a land line, so Dylan had the ability to reach his friends to tell them he was not coming, IF he decided to go fishing instead.

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE WOULD GO FISHING ALL ALONE AND DITCH HIS FRIENDS.

When approached at his home in Vallecito, Mark Redwine answered the door clutching a pillow. He declined to be interviewed, saying he had been “bombarded” by media requests. He said he didn’t have a lot of support at the moment and had family coming in to help him figure out how to respond to the situation.
http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart

Coming in to help HIM figure out how to respond to the situation? Huh? What about helping search for DYLAN? Hmmm. I wonder if his brother is an attorney.

I agree Pensfan. How to respond? How 'bout like a madman searching for your missing son? 'To the situation'. Is that what happened to your son is called? I don't like the sound of this at all...

That's what we're "here" for, right?? To hopefully come up with thoughts or leads that could contribute to the ultimate goal, finding Dylan. We never know what LE knows (or needs) and no tip is ever too small, especially if it makes you jump out of bed in the middle of the night!!

But his friends said they had tried to contact him but had no luck reaching him. So I don't think they did talk to him while he was on x-box. And the father does have a land line, so Dylan had the ability to reach his friends to tell them he was not coming, IF he decided to go fishing instead.

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE WOULD GO FISHING ALL ALONE AND DITCH HIS FRIENDS.

Do we know for a fact he was going fishing? Just because the pole is gone doesn't necessarily mean he left early in the am to go fishing.

My thought on the clothes he is thought to be wearing is that he had those on the day before. Especially the shoes.

And is it fact dad saw him at 7:30? I just want to get facts straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89