CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But his friends said they had tried to contact him but had no luck reaching him. So I don't think they did talk to him while he was on x-box. And the father does have a land line, so Dylan had the ability to reach his friends to tell them he was not coming, IF he decided to go fishing instead.

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE WOULD GO FISHING ALL ALONE AND DITCH HIS FRIENDS.
Being a typical moody teen? How many of his friends would be up that early?
Who knows? I have not seen any proof that he indeed went fishing- just that the pole was gone....Looking at the aerial view of the property- the woods seem awfully dense. I don't know what to think - still not enough factual information...
ETA: I8 and I seemed to be typing the same thought at the same time...we also do not know what, if any response was of the friends when he changed plans.

Who, in that area, who possibly knew dad, that has been to that house, KNEW that Dylan was going to be there .. and that dad was going to town..?

He sounds overwhelmed to me. I imagine, going from living a quiet life alone to having your every movement or lack thereof dissected by the public would be somewhat overwhelming. He's obviously not done a good job with the media so far, if i were him, i would be calling in reinforcements too. JMO

To me he is not just overwhelmed, but his whole world has not only changed, but people judging his every move, plus his ex wife, and then to top it off his child is missing, and media hounding him every chance they can...he is only one person, plus he is also having to be available for LE....This is more than overwhelming! He has no support in the area, could you imagine handling this on your own? He could reach out to his son, but to be the strong one(like most men try to be), he may not do that, because he is indeed in need of help himself.
As far as leaning one way or another, I don't know, there has been hicky parts of it all, but without speaking to them in person there is no way to explain alot of it!

nursebeeme post -
The Sheriff’s Office had five to seven investigators interviewing people who may be linked to the case or have information about the disappearance. Canvassing all the homes in Vallecito is expected to take several days.

Vallecito store owners and residents living next to Dylan’s father Mark Redwine were a few of those interviewed Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/sear...#ixzz2DXwWfyKO

Well goshdarnit, this is still vague but it's the most specific thing I've heard in the investigation so far, imo. so good... keep up the progress, task force!

Who, in that area, who possibly knew dad, that has been to that house, KNEW that Dylan was going to be there .. and that dad was going to town..?

Excellent question!

WHo may have known?

(I have no answers)

Who knows? I have not seen any proof that he indeed went fishing- just that the pole was gone....Looking at the aerial view of the property- the woods seem awfully dense. I don't know what to think - still not enough factual information...
ETA: I8 and I seemed to be typing the same thought at the same time...we also do not know what, if any response was of the friends when he changed plans.

His friend said that they were supposed to meet at 6:30 that morning so the early time shouldn't have been an issue.

My guess is that they were planning on going skiing, but that's just speculation, we haven't heard what they were supposed to do that early.

Do we know for a fact he was going fishing? Just because the pole is gone doesn't necessarily mean he left early in the am to go fishing.

My thought on the clothes he is thought to be wearing is that he had those on the day before. Especially the shoes.

And is it fact dad saw him at 7:30? I just want to get facts straight.

No, we don't know for sure if he was going fishing. We only know that Dylans Dad said his fishing pole was missing. Dylan's Dad did say he was still asleep when he went into town which I think was around 7:30 am.

If ur thinking abduction, then would someone abduct him and then have the forethought to plant the fishing pole to make it look like he's in the lake, I don't think kidnappers work that way.

Do we know for a fact he was going fishing? Just because the pole is gone doesn't necessarily mean he left early in the am to go fishing.

My thought on the clothes he is thought to be wearing is that he had those on the day before. Especially the shoes.

And is it fact dad saw him at 7:30? I just want to get facts straight.

I guess I was basing it on the statement made by Torres the news reporter and on the family saying that Dylan's fishing pole was found at the dam.

I take back my unproductive contribution that I have no ideas...

People who would've known:

-- Friends or those associated with Dylan

-- Friends or those associated with Dad

-- Friends or those associated with Mom

.... Dylan is missing, who is harboring him, against his will, keeping him away from his family, has potentially hurt him, in the face of this huge investigation, who had the motive/means/opportunity?

Bouncing off my own thoughts.

Who are his (MR) friends, acquaintances, co-workers? Is he seeing anybody? Who does he talk to .. fish with ... hunt with??

Either Dylan:

took off and met with an accident or foul play
took off and is hiding
was killed or is being hidden by someone

Did someone knew he was going to be there and offered him a ride .. or was going to "take him to his dad" .. or to his friend's ....

Had Dylan met someone online from that area that he was planning to stay with that turned out to not be who he thought it was?

Sorry ............. too much caffeine.. my mind is racing...

They never mention how Dylan contacted them to change the meeting time, via text or phone. They never mention why he changed the time. They also never mention as stated earlier what they were planning...if anything. Those people knew that Dylan was there, and could of been the only ones other than dad to know he was alone(unless he called someone else on dad's landline).

I guess I was basing it on the statement made by Torres the news reporter and on the family saying that Dylan's fishing pole was found at the dam.

I just know as humans we hear something enough and start believing it to be true. My head is all over the place with this.

I'm trying to make sure I understand just which part of Vallecito Lake Reservoir was involved in the search. :blushing:

Was it the south end by the dam?
Isn't that the end farthest from MR's home and almost twice as long of a walk? (Is there a case map yet?)
Is it possible the cadaver dogs were getting a scent that was carried from much further north in the lake?

map2.jpg

http://www.vallecitolakechamber.com/maps/index.asp

There is no proof that he went fishing. But we have early statements from dad, seemingly criticizing LE for not scouring the lake earlier, because he told them the fishing pole was missing. And there were statements on tv by local reporter
Torres, saying LE found Dylan's fishing pole at the dam.

As for how many of his friends being up that early, apparently his friends had plans with him at 6:30 am, but he never arrived. I imagine they were going snow boarding or something like that. Mybe that is why he originally planned on meeting up with them on Sunday night, so he would already be there at 6:30.

I just think it is weird that he would communicate with them on Sunday night, to change the plans, but would not communicate with them that morning, if he decided to change his plans again.

If he left voluntarily that morning, he was either trying to meet up with them, and was late or he was going off on his own. Either way, I would expect that he would contact them. Even if he had poor cell service, he still had his dad's landline. And his friends said they tried to contact him all day on Monday. I think it is odd he never replied. If he was going to hitch a ride to go there, wouldn't he contact them and say ' Hey, I'm on my way'?

I just find it really odd that he was not in communication with anyone after 8 pm Sunday night. Especially when he had those plans set up w/his friends.

Also, if Dad just left at 7:30 to do errands, why not call and check in with his son, who was home alone. That seems the natural thing to do, given the circumstances.

Bouncing off my own thoughts.

Who are his (MR) friends, acquaintances, co-workers? Is he seeing anybody? Who does he talk to .. fish with ... hunt with??

Either Dylan:

took off and met with an accident or foul play
took off and is hiding
was killed or is being hidden by someone

Did someone knew he was going to be there and offered him a ride .. or was going to "take him to his dad" .. or to his friend's ....

Had Dylan met someone online from that area that he was planning to stay with that turned out to not be who he thought it was?

Sorry ............. too much caffeine.. my mind is racing...

All potentially promising starting points.

bbm - I'd like to know if Dylan's phone had internet access & if any of the communication he had with friends that Sunday was done via internet on his cell. Someone posted a link yesterday or the day before ratings of 3g and 4g (is that what it's called? I'm a techy moron) in the Vallecito area and said they were not great. It's certainly worth consideration that he was communicating with someone online, unknown to him in person. He's young but not too young for that (scary as that is). Is it harder to trace someone's IP address from a cell? If he was meeting up w/a stranger he would probably want to be more secretive w/his father, mother, and friends. Just a thought.

If ur thinking abduction, then would someone abduct him and then have the forethought to plant the fishing pole to make it look like he's in the lake, I don't think kidnappers work that way.

Perhaps someone who knew Dad would be out of the house, offered to take Dylan fishing that morning. Speculation.....on my part.

With all due respect, this is exactly what they do. Look at Jessica and AS planting her backpack. There are other cases as well.

I'm super curious what is open at 6:30, I live in a super small town and drive into town and the only thing I can think of that is open early is prob a coffe shop and of course Walmart. It gets frustrating to always have to wait cause I like to go right after the kids go to school ,while I'm out

I do not think leaving at 7:30 in the morning to run errands is wierd at all. I also live in a small town but we do have a 24 hr Walmart, grocery stores that open by 7, etc. When I am off work I always like to go do my errands early to get them out of the way..esp when my kids are out of school for holidays or home from college....I always get up while they are still sleeping and get as much done as early as I can. That piece of info does not seem out of the ordinary AT ALL to me....JMO...Of course~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85