CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Task Force is asking the general public if they have any recreational video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19, to call dispatch at (970) 385-2900 to make an arrangements to get a copy of the footage to the Task Force."

Would this include the route between the Durango airport and dad's house?

Interesting: 6pm Sunday to noon Monday.

I take back my unproductive contribution that I have no ideas...

People who would've known:

-- Friends or those associated with Dylan

-- Friends or those associated with Dad

-- Friends or those associated with Mom

.... Dylan is missing, who is harboring him, against his will, keeping him away from his family, has potentially hurt him, in the face of this huge investigation, who had the motive/means/opportunity?

Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to add another group of people who could've known Dylan would be at dad's house and may have known his schedule:

-- Friends or those associated with Dylan's brother

Another point I have to remind myself of frequently: This was Thanksgiving week, so whatever implications that may have on who may have been around that normally wouldn't be around, any other changes due to the holiday. Families are in and out of towns, some homes are filled up with people while others are emptied... I'm not familiar with that area but where I live timeshares pick up during holidays. Something to ponder.

True. I do the same thing. But if you left a sleeping 13 yr old home alone, whom did not live there, and just arrived the day before, would you at some point call to check in with them? Maybe on your way home, give them a call, see if they need anything and tell them you are on the way back to give them a ride? That is what seems odd to me. He has a landline. It was 11 am. Why didn't he call to check in? That niggles at me, given the other facts we know.

[ We know the boy apparently had wanted an early ride to his friends. So when he did wake up he would likely be upset. Did dad leave a note saying he was coming back to get him? ]

I guess he could have called the landline and gotten no answer- assumed Dylan was still sleeping or wasn't comfortable answering the landline. All we know is that according to Dad, he came home at 11:30 and Dylan was gone... unfortunately we are lacking on the details.

I wonder if LE has been able to examine the phone records for the landline...

Very true- like I said- I have no idea... 13 yr old boys' minds change at a rapid pace. If your phone is in your pocket when skiing- I doubt you answer it- if you even hear or feel the vibration? They may have also slept in? I fear he went to meet up with them- and may have met up with someone else.
The article just posted rules out the pole being Dylan's...back to no clue where Dylan went or was trying to go...

But Dylan's dad went to the friends home looking for Dylan and the kids were there. They had been calling Dylan all day with no answer. So I don't think they left without him.

True. I do the same thing. But if you left a sleeping 13 yr old home alone, whom did not live there, and just arrived the day before, would you at some point call to check in with them? Maybe on your way home, give them a call, see if they need anything and tell them you are on the way back to give them a ride? That is what seems odd to me. He has a landline. It was 11 am. Why didn't he call to check in? That niggles at me, given the other facts we know.

[ We know the boy apparently had wanted an early ride to his friends. So when he did wake up he would likely be upset. Did dad leave a note saying he was coming back to get him? ]

Yes I would call prob more than once to check on him/her and esp on way home esp if they expected a ride somewhere but I know for a fact my husband DOES not think like me (a mom)! Many times he has been out and I need something and will wait for him to call all they way until he pulls in the garage and I say "I thought you would call...I needed ________________" to which he says "why didnt you call me, I cannot read your mind" ....what I am trying to say is atleast in my world, moms and dads (really good dads) do not think like a mom.....(many moms, anyway)..so that explanation could be that easy. I forget, did his dad say he tried to call him that morning? Has he said?

Calling and checking in or leaving little notes for kids definitely seems more like a motherly thing to do. My Dad would probably laugh at anyone who expected him to call and check in every time he runs some errands.

But Dylan's dad went to the friends home looking for Dylan and the kids were there. They had been calling Dylan all day with no answer. So I don't think they left without him.
That makes me think all the more he may have left to go to their home then. Trying to figure out who was where when. About the 6:00pm issue- could he have been on an earlier flight? I know he texted about 8 that he got there- but that does not mean that 8 was when he landed- got into Dad's car, etc.

This makes me think there was contact to one of them, or say a sibling, or even a parent of theirs that morning....althought Dylans phone was said to have no calls on it, that wouldn't mean no landline calls(just my thoughts).

True, but his friends told dad that they tried calling Dylan all day on Monday. So if he did leave a message they did not get it.

Can we pull up the timeline someone had started and was being worked on as a group the other day? And can we start fine tuning that again with what new news we have?

Also I want to recheck the possible flight options and compare that to the 6pm Sunday start time LE looks to be starting with.

My first thought is they are trying to confirm the last actual, independent sighting of Dylan. Does that make sense?

Do you not think it would of been something if say Dylan may have called one of those kids from the landline of his dad's to say maybe reach someone other than the child, and asked for them to give him a ride? I think this could be possiable....and would explain also the reason all of his things were with him, as well as no one knowing were he is. Just saying

Interesting: 6pm Sunday to noon Monday.

Yesss ... It almost sounds like they are wanting to verify the last time Dylan was actually seen after he left the airport? Maybe footage of MR's truck coming back into town with Dylan .. as well as any other vehicles that they want to see coming (or going) or coming AND going ...

Verifying timelines... imo

Could the earlier start time be because they want to show Dylan's dad's vehicle heading TO Durango, and returning FROM Durango? I would think if Dylan was getting in around 8:00 p.m., Dad would have to get to Durango prior to that time.

That makes me think all the more he may have left to go to their home then. Trying to figure out who was where when. About the 6:00pm issue- could he have been on an earlier flight? I know he texted about 8 that he got there- but that does not mean that 8 was when he landed- got into Dad's car, etc.

I think he was on an earlier flight. If he called his mom at 8 to say dad had picked him up he probably landed much earlier.

And he may have left to go to their home. But I don't understand why he wouldn't contact his friends to say ' wait' , I am on my way. The landline worked. It would take just a minute to say I am coming as soon as I can.

But also, there is only one road out of that neighborhood. So if he was hitching a ride, somebody would have seen him. What are the odds that the ONLY person to see him would be a kidnapper/killer?

Do you not think it would of been something if say Dylan may have called one of those kids from the landline of his dad's to say maybe reach someone other than the child, and asked for them to give him a ride? I think this could be possiable....and would explain also the reason all of his things were with him, as well as no one knowing were he is. Just saying

That's possible. Like someone's uncle or older brother answers the phone. They say sure, I'll come and pick you up. :mad: I hope the friends and their immediate families have been interviewed and vetted already.

eta: But wouldn't Dylan leave his dad a note or a message, saying he got a ride already?

True, but his friends told dad that they tried calling Dylan all day on Monday. So if he did leave a message they did not get it.

Not talking about message, am talking about this could be another possiablility to someone else knowing he was there, and having access to him without anyone knowing it happened. (as to say this....I called so and so his uncle was there, I knew him, I wanted a ride the kids were still asleep, so I asked him if he could come get me, he agreed. No one else knows, except the person he reached and himself).

I think this idea is unlikely but I will pose it anyway..

What are the chances one of the boys (friends) knows more, but is scared to talk?

Just thinking out loud here... :waitasec:

I can't believe they searched that lake and it was someone else pole. Wouldn't they verify that it was his pole before they went to all that work

That's possible. Like someone's uncle or older brother answers the phone. They say sure, I'll come and pick you up. :mad: I hope the friends and their immediate families have been interviewed and vetted already.

eta: But wouldn't Dylan leave his dad a note or a message, saying he got a ride already?

Why would he do that, if his dad thought he was going there anyway?

But also, there is only one road out of that neighborhood. So if he was hitching a ride, somebody would have seen him. What are the odds that the ONLY person to see him would be a kidnapper/killer?

Unfortunately, it's often a crime of opportunity. Look at little Jessica Ridgeway. She was the unlucky one to be walking to school alone at the same time the killer was on the prowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr