CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there are any life insurance policies for Dylan....

Three La Plata County Search and Rescue air-scent canines have returned to the Vallecito area to do ground searches. Articles with Dylan’s scent on them have been provided by Dylan’s mother (brought from Colorado Springs) and these articles allow the handlers to have his scent on reference in order for the canines to conduct their search. “Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away, but we still view this as a search and not a recovery effort,” said Dan Bender, Public Information Officer for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1095

Spent the day at the hospital with my mom. I was really hoping something would have broke by the time I got back. Where are you Dylan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent the day at the hospital with my mom. I was really hoping something would have broke by the time I got back. Where are you Dylan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thoughts to your mom and you!

I'm thinking this scene would make since, tell me if any of you can see this as so. Cell phone turned off(don't know by who). Dad leaves to do errands, Dylan calls friend on landline(remember it is right at Thanksgiving so who knows could of answered this phone due to family in). They know Dylan, (and as some say out of oppertunity)He asks them for a ride, they say yes. He grabs all his stuff, thinks oh I might get to go fishing I'll grab my pole too. Then on he goes. He waits for whoever this maybe, they show up to pick him up and then well I don't want to fill in that blank. He didn't run away but it could appear that way. Now the pole has been answered the phone calls have been answered, and the people have been answered. No one would think of this as strange if someone came to pick someone up and they got in willingly. I'm thinking time to talk to them friends again.

I'm so glad the dogs are back! These are the tracking type, right? Not the ones that were getting scents from beneath the Lake/Reservoir.

Still thinking happy thoughts...:please:

I believe so, yes. We will have to ask sarx to pop in (verified expert here)

If Dylan is no longer considered a run-away what does that leave?

Abducted and/or met with foul play

I've been wondering if maybe once he woke up and saw his dad had left, he decided to make it over to his friends himself. Maybe tried to take a shortcut and got hurt somewhere?

The other awful thought would be that he left dad's and harmed himself...

Good idea to write out a list, thanks LotusP!

I hope you don't mind, I put my thoughts in italics:

People who would've known:

-- Friends or those associated with Dylan

His friends knew he planned on being at Dad's house, but if his last known communication was the text to Mom, how did they know that Dad left the next morning or how long he would be gone? Even if Dylan used a landline or cumputer to contact anyone there would be a record available through the phone or internet provider. Surely LE has checked this by now,I hope!

-- Friends or those associated with Dad

It would be very normal for a Dad to mention an upcoming visit from his son, maybe even when buying extra groceries he doesn't normally use such as soft drinks or Dylan's favorite cereal. Co-workers and neighbors might know about the visit as well. :waitasec: But what about the trip for errands that morning? Would the errand run and the fact that Dylan would not be accompanying him come up in casual conversation?

-- Friends or those associated with Mom

Mom knew about the trip, but I don't think she knew that Redwine was going to be out all morning without Dylan.

I think that lots of people might have known about the trip but Dad is probably the only person who knew that he was going out that morning and that Dylan was not coming with him. If he told Dylan the night before, there is no evidence of Dylan having contact with anyone but his Dad after that.

I have a big question I would love an answer to: whatever these errands (if they are legit) when did dad decide he was going to do them? Did he decide the night before or early that morning? Did he ask Dylan on Sunday night if he'd like to go along or did he just pop in on Monday morning asking a sleepy Dylan lying in his bed? If we (or LE) had an honest answer to this, it would be really helpful because the difference in knowing 10-12 hours in advance that Dylan would be home alone from 7:30 on is very different from finding out that Dylan is home alone for what will likely be a few hours. If someone was going to the house with the intention of abducting him or there was a rouse in place to catch him on the way walking somewhere (the lake?), that individual would have to be certain they would have time to drive allllll the way to that house which looks so isolated and get the heck out of dodge. OR if this is a random abduction, someone just got really lucky (at Dylan's most unfortunate).

That's all I got right now.

No just phoned it in....
Did you leave a voicemail? I called both numbers and left messages for them to call me back, that my information is too lengthy for a voicemail, and would like to speak with someone in person. But nobody has returned my call yet. Was wondering if you were actually able to speak with anyone. Thanks.

I'm so glad the dogs are back! These are the tracking type, right? Not the ones that were getting scents from beneath the Lake/Reservoir.

Still thinking happy thoughts...:please:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/life/zoology/mammals/sar-dog2.htm

Tracking dogs work with their nose to the ground. They follow a trail of human scent -- typically heavy skin particles that fall quickly to the ground or onto bushes -- through any type of terrain.

Air-scent dogs, on the other hand, work with their nose in the air. They pick up human scent anywhere in the vicinity -- they don't need a "last seen" starting point, an article to work from or a scent trail, and time is not an issue. Whereas tracking dogs follow a particular scent trail, air-scent dogs pick up a scent carried in air currents and seek out its origin -- the point of greatest concentration.

Cadaver - Dogs specifically search for the scent of human remains,

bbm, and so on

Awesome!

--Seperate Issue--
I keep going back to this issue of Dylan's last usage of his cell on Sunday evening/night. This is from the pinerivertimes:

Just to be clear, Imo, his text to mom on Sunday evening was not his last communication, based on this. This reporting which is the same in all of the articles means to me whatever the usage was, whether it be texting, checking voicemail, a missed call, a dialed call that wasn't answered, whatever... was not the text to his mom. That's how I interpret that.

I was thinking about that also . My thoughts are that there was probably usage after him speaking to mom ( Internet access ?)- however the no usuage after 8pm makes me feel something happened to him that night not the next day
I say that because most 13 year olds are constantly fiddling with their phones

It's not looking good for the poor lad

I'm thinking this scene would make since, tell me if any of you can see this as so. Cell phone turned off(don't know by who). Dad leaves to do errands, Dylan calls friend on landline(remember it is right at Thanksgiving so who knows could of answered this phone due to family in). They know Dylan, (and as some say out of oppertunity)He asks them for a ride, they say yes. He grabs all his stuff, thinks oh I might get to go fishing I'll grab my pole too. Then on he goes. He waits for whoever this maybe, they show up to pick him up and then well I don't want to fill in that blank. He didn't run away but it could appear that way. Now the pole has been answered the phone calls have been answered, and the people have been answered. No one would think of this as strange if someone came to pick someone up and they got in willingly. I'm thinking time to talk to them friends again.

That is certainly plausible and it covers all the bases. IMO, that individual would be very, very brazen and frighteningly dangerous to carry out such a plan. Though we're at a-week-and-a-half missing, that s.o.b would have a hard time evading LE, I would think (or hope) with your scenario. At least the way you efficiently laid it all out. I hope it's not the case, of course, but it's workable. I do hope all of the friends and their avenues of communication are being turned inside out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21