CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you leave a voicemail? I called both numbers and left messages for them to call me back, that my information is too lengthy for a voicemail, and would like to speak with someone in person. But nobody has returned my call yet. Was wondering if you were actually able to speak with anyone. Thanks.

Yes, I did - when I heard the Investigators recording I debated whether as to leave my tip on the voicemail or leave a message and call back number, but as my "tip" was not lengthy and I wanted it heard as soon as possible, I left it on the voicemail along with my contact information. I definitely would have preferred to speak with someone - but am glad to know they are so busy! I hope you hear from them soon! Good job, by the way! :rocker:

Thank you, I did send an email as well. IMO there should be a publicized email address specifically for this case along with the phone numbers, as in Jessica's case, bc many people are not that patient or tech saavy, not to mention someone may want to use an anonymous computer, etc, as opposed to talking with someone or leaving their voice on a message.

wasn't the skiing speculation?? I don't think we know much in the msm about what the boys were planning right?

Also, did they only text one another or did they have voice contact?

It is always concerning when last heard from contact is via text (for obvious reasons) I further wonder who contacted whom first? In other words did they text dylan's phone and then get a reply back or was he the one that initiated the convo?

(just thinking out loud)

wasn't the skiing speculation?? I don't think we know much in the msm about what the boys were planning right?

Also, did they only text one another or did they have voice contact?

It is always concerning when last heard from contact is via text (for obvious reasons) I further wonder who contacted whom first? In other words did they text dylan's phone and then get a reply back or was he the one that initiated the convo?

(just thinking out loud)

Going snowboarding was just speculating (by someone) as to why Dylan + friends were going to meet at 6:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 19th.

ETA: link: http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121124/NEWS01/121129756/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen

Just a reminder:

Nancy Grace will be covering Dylan's case tonight on her HLN show.

I'll be putting aside my personal feelings for Ms. G, thankful that Dylan's name, story and face will be getting national attention. Hopefully she will ask the hard questions while remaining respectful and not turning this into a circus.

If only ONE person's memory is jogged by the coverage, maybe there will be an over-needed break.....

Yes, I did - when I heard the Investigators recording I debated whether as to leave my tip on the voicemail or leave a message and call back number, but as my "tip" was not lengthy and I wanted it heard as soon as possible, I left it on the voicemail along with my contact information. I definitely would have preferred to speak with someone - but am glad to know they are so busy! I hope you hear from them soon! Good job, by the way! :rocker:

Great, thanks. Going to call back and leave an abbreviated version of my thought on the recording.

Not sure about anyone else but I feel like the facts are jumbled up and out of order and I know there are little things we do not know that would probably answer some of our fairly easy questions. IMO, this is what happens when parents that obviously do not get along are involved. Little comments, inneundos (sp), making faces, etc can get so confusing when trying to figure out real facts.......confusing just like my ramblings here, however I undersand what I am saying! This has happened on another case here on WS with so much fighting among parties of the "lost ones", loved ones, facts do not come about easily and it is very hard to read BETWEEN the lines....hopefully LE has a better handle on it ( I am sure they do)I just hope they both put their differences behind them and honestly answer all questions no matter how small the detail may be.

JMO, of course, but I believe Dylan took off to meet up with his friends and is hurt somewhere or met with foul play...for some reason, I do not believe his father is involved but agaih, JMO....of course, who else would my opinion belong to?

Just a reminder:

I'll be putting aside my personal feelings for Ms. G, thankful that Dylan's name, story and face will be getting national attention. Hopefully she will ask the hard questions while remaining respectful and not turning this into a circus.

If only ONE person's memory is jogged by the coverage, maybe there will be an over-needed break.....

Indeed. Great publicity. Thats all that matters. This is great news.
But I will neeeeeeeevvvver forgive her for some things relating to the JR case (will leave it at that).

airport to general vicinity of the town (LE said any video on main roads between the two)

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=vallecito+colorado&daddr=airport+near+Durango,+Colorado&hl=en&ll=37.319936,-107.5383&spn=0.209688,0.519791&sll=37.711529,-107.550659&sspn=0.417182,1.039581&geocode=FWpbOgIdxk2W-Skfu0A0kZ4-hzFSqdsTc-t2ag%3BFaEHNwIdvtiT-Sn58EIkkBk8hzHO3t_bs7VF6Q&t=h&mra=ls&z=12"]Vallecito, CO to Durango-La Plata County Airport - Google Maps[/ame]

Just a reminder:

Oh Lord .. what will the nicknames be?

**shudder*

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/life/zoology/mammals/sar-dog2.htm

Tracking dogs work with their nose to the ground. They follow a trail of human scent -- typically heavy skin particles that fall quickly to the ground or onto bushes -- through any type of terrain.

Air-scent dogs, on the other hand, work with their nose in the air. They pick up human scent anywhere in the vicinity -- they don't need a "last seen" starting point, an article to work from or a scent trail, and time is not an issue. Whereas tracking dogs follow a particular scent trail, air-scent dogs pick up a scent carried in air currents and seek out its origin -- the point of greatest concentration.

Cadaver - Dogs specifically search for the scent of human remains,

bbm, and so on

My pugs only specialize in scenting food, but at that they excel! Someone spilled cheese popcorn in the road and Sasha tracked the bits for a block. :great:

That is certainly plausible and it covers all the bases. IMO, that individual would be very, very brazen and frighteningly dangerous to carry out such a plan. Though we're at a-week-and-a-half missing, that s.o.b would have a hard time evading LE, I would think (or hope) with your scenario. At least the way you efficiently laid it all out. I hope it's not the case, of course, but it's workable. I do hope all of the friends and their avenues of communication are being turned inside out.

I find it strange is all that it hasn't seemed alot of us asking about the kids, and well as we all know there is something that could go there, and no information about them really, or there families....and as we all know it was a teen that committed the crime with little Jessica.

But I will neeeeeeeevvvver forgive her for some things relating to the JR case (will leave it at that).

I think I know exactly what you're talking about and if I'm right, I'm 1000% with you. I usually just hope she remembers she has her own children, and pray people tune in for the facts while zoning out her "theatrics" and spread the word on our missing little ones.

Well put. Just because he's not reacting to this the way other people think he should be, doesn't mean anything. Everyone deals in their own way. Heck, I think if my Dad had ever been put in this situation and got to this point, I could have seen him breaking down and shutting down because he would have felt helpless and like he failed someway and he would have shut himself away from people to deal if he didn't feel like he could do anything and people were already making up their minds against him.
I mean heck, when little Jessica Ridgeway went missing there were plenty of people even locally for a while pointing the finger at her Mom or family members and scrutinizing their every move because they thought they were involved and that turned out wrong. Hopefully it's the same here, I mean...aside from the outcome. =/

Someone could have taken him. I mean, we don't know WHEN Dylan left the house if he left that morning after he Dad left. He could have left at 7:49, he could have left at 10am. If it was later in the morning, there's a better chance of a random person grabbing him. And sadly, there's monsters everywhere. You don't always know who you're living near, even in a small town. I mean, look at the Janson family in Bayfield back in the early 80's, both of their daughters were stabbed brutally by a 13 year old neighbor boy!! You just never know.
I hope there's a happy ending in this case. Something miraculous....but you just don't know.

Exactly. Good post! And I pointed out earlier that there were some wild speculations in the Jessica Ridgeway case, as well.
I feel for both these parents, really. Obviously they are both torn apart by this. But to make a judgement that the dad is involved because he's used the past tense or he voices an expression that is very common to people in some parts of the country is taking the wrong approach, IMO. I don't think LE looks at those kinds of things when they are trying to rule out family members. What they do look at is glaring inconsistencies, refusal to cooperate, high levels of defensiveness, etc. They have said that the dad has cooperated from the beginning.

oh, that reminds me...back when I was a lurker on the JR case, I heard mention of a special thread someplace 'downstairs', I think. I need to find that one! :floorlaugh:

I'm wondering what evidence has been uncovered by LE to specifically make this sort of definitive determination.

Yes, me too. How did they determine that Dylan didn't run away? Does that also include that he didn't take off on his own to meet his friends, or is that still a possibility?

http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-bear-creek-durango-co/

Doesn't Bear Creek run just in front of MR's home. Could it be plausible that DR could have had an accident while fishing along the creek? or headed up or down creek? I am just going off the fact the pole is gone, and the creek is literally right there. And lookie at what time the best fishing happens .... follow link...IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard