CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of thoughts here, FWIW. First, if Dylan's flight was delayed at landing for a good hour or so, such might explain the "frown" in his text to his mother, not displeasure at being at his father's as some have assumed.
If Dylan only took belongings in his backpack, and was thus his only "luggage," I think it safe to say there was no further delay at the airport, waiting on luggage.
Also, Dylan is a minor, apparently traveling alone, so the airlines would be somewhat responsible for his safe arrival and pickup. IOW, he wasn't strictly on his own.
I also have wondered if his cell phone even had reception at his father's, considering the remoteness, not to mention his father apparently having a land-line phone. Does his father even have a cell phone, as well? Where are the nearest cell towers to the house?
If Dylan's flight was, indeed, delayed over an hour, could they have stopped for, say, dinner, thus explaining why the last cell usage on Dylan's phone was around 8PM... because he lost signal?
Even without a signal, a cell phone can still be accessed, say, for stored numbers. Dylan was old enough and 'tech savvy' enough, I'm sure, to access friend's numbers to call them directly from a land-line phone... I would think. Maybe I think too much <lol>

Lol
I don't even know who she is other than what you guys have said, and that seems about right

Ohhhh.. LOL.... I get your question now.... :crosseyed: I'm losing my mind...

One can watch her show on HLN (Headline News), CNN's sister station at 8pm ET.

But I'd still bring along the wine and earplugs !

I agree Pensfan. How to respond? How 'bout like a madman searching for your missing son? 'To the situation'. Is that what happened to your son is called? I don't like the sound of this at all...

In all fairness, the "situation" could mean the aftermath of his son going missing, because in truth, no one knows what happened. He can't say the "abduction" or the "murder" because he doesn't know that it's either one. Situation is a very broad term, and it can mean anything.

As for "searching like a madman" what exactly does that mean? How do we know he hasn't been out looking? However, LE usually advises family members NOT to search, particularly if they think the child could have met with foul play of some kind or died from exposure to the cold weather. No parent should take a chance of coming across their child's dead body... or what is left of one.

Not directing this at you, specifically, but could we please just take a break from dissecting every word in these articles? These may not even be his exact words, but something that came from the reporter to paraphrase what was actually said.

I hope someone will inform us as to what Nancy G has to say. I cannot watch her, I just can't. She gets on my last nerve...

I hope so too! Me too!!! I've given that woman second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth chances, and each time, I'm ready to toss the nearest handy object (which is usually my poor, wonderful, unsuspecting, husband who is usually by *that time laughing uncontrollably at the range of expressions on my face) through the television screen!!!

Never again! I love my husband too much! I'd rather read a transcript, please! :innocent:

&#8220;Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away, but we still view this as a search and not a recovery effort,&#8221;

if they have any recreational video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

This speaks volumes to me.

LE must have evidence to disprove the "runaway" theory.

They are asking for CCTV tapes from the time Dylan must have arrived and are also possibly trying to verify dad's story about running the errands from 7:30-11:30.

They are also trying to find out if Dylan was in fact hitching and who picked him up or if perhaps someone picked him up from his father's house.

I did watch a couple videos of dad's interview. He seems to be someone that would very much keep to himself. I can see how mom and dad have different thoughts about what kind of child Dylan is. For now, I'm not saying anything else.

So, Dylan didn't runaway. Seems if he left voluntarily then with the intention of returning later, he would've left some things at dad's house, rather than lugging everything with him. Wonder if any of his things are still at dad's house. Seems he could've left voluntarily temporarily, left involuntarily, or never arrived at the house..?? :waitasec:

Glad LE is working so hard to find him, and that they're making enough progress to eliminate possibilities. Praying for him, his family, and the investigators.

Moo

I hope so too! Me too!!! I've given that woman second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth chances, and each time, I'm ready to toss the nearest handy object (which is usually my poor, wonderful, unsuspecting, husband who is usually by *that time laughing uncontrollably at the range of expressions on my face) through the television screen!!!

Never again! I love my husband too much! I'd rather read a transcript, please! :innocent:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

To funny, although your hubby might like to watch this again...as for me, I have learned to tune out alot of the stuff NG does, so can usually get past it(unless I have heard it a hundred times, at which point I turn the TV off, or let the children watch sponge bob(because at that point he couldn't be any more annoying)

Seems I recall that a lot of folks found things very odd about the mom in the Jessica Ridgeway case, as well. And some of the cases mentioned here have not been proven one way or the other. Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, to name two. The parents in the Jake Kimbley case have not been charged with murder yet. It's still being investigated. So if one wants to cite these cases as ones that the parent or SO were guilty, at least wait until they've been tried and convicted in court, wouldn't that be more fair??

Yes, some did find things odd with Jessica's mother and even speculated about her own involvement and how slow she was to come out in the media until an arrest was made of the real suspect. Also the same thing recently happened in Sierra Lamar's case concerning her mother, Marlene, and Rick, her boyfriend, and those arent the only cases.

How some wish to believe is their own choice of course, but as for as myself, I will do like I have always done through the years, and wait for the evidence or at least an utterance from LE that the father is involved. That hasnt happened yet, but if it does then of course.. I will change my opinion in a heartbeat. Until and if that happens.... I will do as I have in other same like cases and support him.

As far as we know now there may not even be suspects in this case and Dylan may have had an accident by possibly slipping on rocks and hitting his head. Seems like I read where they searched was close to a dam. If so the currents could be deep and swift.

I remember last year in my area we had a young man go missing when he was duck hunting when he fell out of his boat. The dogs alerted on the shore close to where his boat was found. However his body was not found for three months and was miles away from where he went in. Also one of our neighbors who had terminal cancer jumped from a bridge close to us. They did extensive searches and the dogs alerted when taken out on the water, but never did locate her body, and there were people on the bank that saw her jump in.:(

No one saw Jessica Ridgeway but her own family members before she was abducted. Sierra Lamar mother was the last one to see her as she left for work. Usually it is a family member who is the last to see their loved one before they go missing however it does not mean they are the ones that harmed them.

There is supposedly a sighting in this case by someone that said he knows Dylan and we do not know if LE considers that a credible sighting or not...they very well may. I have asked if the sighting area coincides with the search areas but I missed it if someone answered my question.

IMO

I'm wondering what evidence has been uncovered by LE to specifically make this sort of definitive determination.

I'm wondering what everybody is calling tips in about. I'm so far behind and my kids expect to be fed or something stupid like that so now I have to cook!! Real life is really cutting into my WS time and I'm not a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away, but we still view this as a search and not a recovery effort

if they have any recreational video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

This speaks volumes to me.

LE must have evidence to disprove the "runaway" theory.

They are asking for CCTV tapes from the time Dylan must have arrived and are also possibly trying to verify dad's story about running the errands from 7:30-11:30.

They are also trying to find out if Dylan was in fact hitching and who picked him up or if perhaps someone picked him up from his father's house.

I did watch a couple videos of dad's interview. He seems to be someone that would very much keep to himself. I can see how mom and dad have different thoughts about what kind of child Dylan is. For now, I'm not saying anything else.

bbm - certainly glad to hear that, of course.

The effort to track down any footage or really eyewitnesses or anything related to the case or involved parties from 7:30am-11:30 makes sense and potentially the 6pm Sunday onward could be innocent as well if they're just trying to confirm and nail down a timeline.

It is frustrating though, because we've pretty much been asking those questions since day 1 "Can dad's timeline be verified? When was the last confirmed independent sighting of Dylan? Did dad really go do errands on Monday AM?" From the beginning, LE said they were exploring all options from runaway to abduction, so one would think they would've been examining his timeline. I know the FBI just got involved, or their presence just got kicked up and there's a lot going on we don't know about but I'm a little bothered that today is the first public appeal we're hearing for video footage during those specific hours. I mean, we all could've come up with that request 9 days ago. I don'tknow... I'm just bummed...

I think that the way we interpret a lot of what people did, or what we expect them to do (such as leaving notes, etc.) varies a lot depending on what happened between dad and Dylan leading up to the disappearance. For example, I think I read that Dylan texted mom a frown when he let her know dad had picked him up at the airport. That doesn't sound overly promising to me. It made me wonder if one of the reasons dad didn't check up on him earlier could be that he was trying to give him his space or something, or avoid starting an argument. As far as Dylan not leaving a note if he got a ride elsewhere...meh. I don't find that particular thing weird, cuz i bet you there are grown men who would think "Why leave a note? If I'm not there, obviously someone else gave me a lift." :rolleyes:

Exactly. I don't know very many teens that age anymore, but in thinking back at my own boys at 13, NONE of them would have thought to leave a note. Their justification would have been the same as you described... "they'll figure it out if I'm not there." Come to think of it, my husband would do the same thing, probably. In almost 30 years of marriage, he still hasn't learned to call me if he's going to be working late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi