CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what everybody is calling tips in about. I'm so far behind and my kids expect to be fed or something stupid like that so now I have to cook!! Real life is really cutting into my WS time and I'm not a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

News Release: Task Force Continues Search for Dylan Redwine
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:57 PM MST
<snipped>
Three La Plata County Search and Rescue air-scent canines have returned to the Vallecito area to do ground searches. Articles with Dylan’s scent on them have been provided by Dylan’s mother (brought from Colorado Springs) and these articles allow the handlers to have his scent on reference in order for the canines to conduct their search. “Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away, but we still view this as a search and not a recovery effort,” said Dan Bender, Public Information Officer for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

Respectfully snipped for space and BBM

Well that takes run-away off our list...
They obviously know more info, I hope they are getting close!:please:

https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres

This is a curious statement. Not a runaway but they feel he's alive ? or seem to

I would like to point out that mom's instincts were right on one thing, that Dylan wasn't a runaway, which she's been insisting and maintaining from the very beginning.

The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information leading to Dylan. Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112

The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information leading to Dylan. Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112

Link for ^^^
http://www.krdo.com/news/Investigat...-away/-/417220/17581046/-/q9w2ci/-/index.html

The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information leading to Dylan. Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112.

Citizens may also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Oh my goodness!!
I was referring specifically to her handling of the JR case, I had no idea all these other people felt the same way and there were so many other instances! She is something else, isn't she?

Back to Dylan. Hopefully the Wicked Witch of the West and her "coverage" of the case will produce some useful information for LE or a witness of some sort. I don't think I can watch it either without becoming furious, as my wounds are still fresh and healing from JR's case and I do not want to tear open any stitches or get back to that irate state of mind I was in back then. Just the sight of her face and mention of her name makes my blood boil. So, I too would also greatly appreciate a synopsis. :) Thanks.

Okay, not a runaway.

Maybe an accident. Dylan is to young to drive and no vehicle is missing so I'm ruling out car accident, unless Dad has a missing vehicle he isn't reporting. Not likely, MOO.
Fatal skiing accident, run over by a vehicle, wild animal attack, etc., there would be some kind of remains or vast amounts of blood, someone would have seen signs by now or found a body.

Foul play. Strangers do their thing and ditch the evidence. They don't hang around cleaning up crime scenes and pondering where to hide the body, they just dump it and run. Time is the enemy and distance is their friend. If some freak was lucky enough to get this boy out of the house and in to a vehicle with all of his belongings in his backpack and no evidence of a struggle, where would he go from there? Some private place near by? Not likely. Walls are thin in cheap motels, lots of people. I think that a stranger perv would hi-tail it across one of the nearby state borders. Do the murder in one state, ditch the body in another. There are three other states within a couple hours drive. Makes it harder to investigate, increases potential for in-fighting between jurisdictions, increases opportunity to slither right past LE while they are figuring out who is in charge.

Foul play in the home. Just a possibility. Whether it was pre-meditated or an un-intended result of anger or carelessness, it is a crime to conceal a death. If a loved one ends up dead someone has to either make a proper report with police or find a way to conceal it. Obviously there was no report of a death, accidental or otherwise. Dylan was reported as being missing. Dad wants him to "come back" home. He is not looking for a kidnapper, he is asking Dylan to come home, as if he had left on his own and could return if he chose to. Police don't seem to agree.

When a person is killed by someone close to them, that person generally has a bit more time make a plan. No one will suspect a problem until they raise the alarm. They have time to clean up, get rid of ...things. Make up a plausible story, distance their own involvement with a staged alibi. How many times have we heard, "I came home and he/she was just gone/dead."?

No phone activity after 8pm from a p'd off 13 year old boy. Eager to meet up with his old buddies. Not likely he was having so much fun with Dad that he just decided to turn that phone all of the way off...not use the silence feature. Kids use their phones to tell time, listen to music and check the weather if they are planning outdoor sports such as fishing or skiing or dirt biking. They use the alarm to wake up if they have plans. If he didn't want it to ring, "silent" is a flick of a button.

MOO

I hope so too! Me too!!! I've given that woman second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth chances, and each time, I'm ready to toss the nearest handy object (which is usually my poor, wonderful, unsuspecting, husband who is usually by *that time laughing uncontrollably at the range of expressions on my face) through the television screen!!!

Never again! I love my husband too much! I'd rather read a transcript, please! :innocent:

I don't have cable, so I guess I'll miss it.

I gather darkness is falling in Colorado...again...

Boy, I hope the dogs picked up his scent. I so want this to end well but with each passing day....

Dylan, where are you????

Okay, not a runaway.

Maybe an accident. Dylan is to young to drive and no vehicle is missing so I'm ruling out car accident, unless Dad has a missing vehicle he isn't reporting. Not likely, MOO.
Fatal skiing accident, run over by a vehicle, wild animal attack, etc., there would be some kind of remains or vast amounts of blood, someone would have seen signs by now or found a body.

Foul play. Strangers do their thing and ditch the evidence. They don't hang around cleaning up crime scenes and pondering where to hide the body, they just dump it and run. Time is the enemy and distance is their friend. If some freak was lucky enough to get this boy out of the house and in to a vehicle with all of his belongings in his backpack and no evidence of a struggle, where would he go from there? Some private place near by? Not likely. Walls are thin in cheap motels, lots of people. I think that a stranger perv would hi-tail it across one of the nearby state borders. Do the murder in one state, ditch the body in another. There are three other states within a couple hours drive. Makes it harder to investigate, increases potential for in-fighting between jurisdictions, increases opportunity to slither right past LE while they are figuring out who is in charge.

Foul play in the home. Just a possibility. Whether it was pre-meditated or an un-intended result of anger or carelessness, it is a crime to conceal a death. If a loved one ends up dead someone has to either make a proper report with police or find a way to conceal it. Obviously there was no report of a death, accidental or otherwise. Dylan was reported as being missing. Dad wants him to "come back" home. He is not looking for a kidnapper, he is asking Dylan to come home, as if he had left on his own and could return if he chose to. Police don't seem to agree.

When a person is killed by someone close to them, that person generally has a bit more time make a plan. No one will suspect a problem until they raise the alarm. They have time to clean up, get rid of ...things. Make up a plausible story, distance their own involvement with a staged alibi. How many times have we heard, "I came home and he/she was just gone/dead."?

No phone activity after 8pm from a p'd off 13 year old boy. Eager to meet up with his old buddies. Not likely he was having so much fun with Dad that he just decided to turn that phone all of the way off...not use the silence feature. Kids use their phones to tell time, listen to music and check the weather if they are planning outdoor sports such as fishing or skiing or dirt biking. They use the alarm to wake up if they have plans. If he didn't want it to ring, "silent" is a flick of a button.

This is what concerns me the most. I can't think of a plausible explanation for no activity after a certain time. Has this been confirmed? Where did this info come from?

Or maybe being held against his will as another poster mentioned -- I'm assuming all the sex offenders in that area have been checked out. On the other hand, if he hitched a ride -- someone could have taken him Lord knows where, and we can only hope that an observant, caring soul sees him.

Just a couple of thoughts here, FWIW. First, if Dylan's flight was delayed at landing for a good hour or so, such might explain the "frown" in his text to his mother, not displeasure at being at his father's as some have assumed.
If Dylan only took belongings in his backpack, and was thus his only "luggage," I think it safe to say there was no further delay at the airport, waiting on luggage.
Also, Dylan is a minor, apparently traveling alone, so the airlines would be somewhat responsible for his safe arrival and pickup. IOW, he wasn't strictly on his own.
<respectfully snipped>

FlightAware lists Republic as the carrier on the two flights Dylan may have come in on from Denver. Republic operates Frontier Airlines, so I am 99% sure those are Frontier flights. Here is a link to Frontier's unaccompanied minor policy.

Highlights:
  • Unaccompanied minors are those 5-14.
  • They can only travel on nonstop flights - this makes me think his mom or someone (brother?) did drive him to Denver for him to catch his flight, and he didn't connect Colorado Springs-Denver-Durango like I previously posted.
  • Unaccompanied minors are only released to the authorized and pre-identified adult. That adult must obtain security clearance to go past security without a ticket to meet the minor at the gate.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Darn it ScoreKeeper, no laughing at me! You could at least tell me what the tips are or come cook for my kids.

This is what concerns me the most. I can't think of a plausible explanation for no activity after a certain time. Has this been confirmed? Where did this info come from?

Info coming from friends who SAID they tried to contact Dylan all day on Monday, Nov. 19th and no contact with mom/brother since Nov. 18. All I got.

ETA: friends saying they tried on Monday to contact Dylan
http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121124/NEWS01/121129756/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen

I'm wondering what everybody is calling tips in about. I'm so far behind and my kids expect to be fed or something stupid like that so now I have to cook!! Real life is really cutting into my WS time and I'm not a happy camper.

I think my web sleuthing kinda was a part in why I lost my last job... Something about always being on my phone. Oops.

Okay, not a runaway.

1 hour 29 min to the NM state line if anyone is interested from MR home.

Again, I'm not getting this sense of urgency or danger from LE re: a predator, but that could be just me.

perhaps he may not be being held by someone we would classify as a predator...just throwing different theories out there

Heres a tip. Tell them "they ate yesterday"!!!! (unless of course you're as bad as me and you were WSing yesterday too haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member