CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling and checking in or leaving little notes for kids definitely seems more like a motherly thing to do. My Dad would probably laugh at anyone who expected him to call and check in every time he runs some errands.

I guess that is true, if as you say, it is every time they do errands. I just thought this was a whole different situation. His son rarely visits, and he just arrived the previous night. Dad leaves when his son is asleep, but he had wanted a ride that morning. Dad leave to do errands, and is gone for four hours. It seems the natural thing to do to call and say you are done with errands and coming home to pick him up. JMO Even my DH would do that, and he is not a dad who calls the kids over every little thing either.

That's possible. Like someone's uncle or older brother answers the phone. They say sure, I'll come and pick you up. :mad: I hope the friends and their immediate families have been interviewed and vetted already.

eta: But wouldn't Dylan leave his dad a note or a message, saying he got a ride already?

Yea, I've had a thought flitting through my brain that maybe one of his friends has an older brother with, shall we say, an admiration of Austin Sigg.

Dylan would be safer with the mountain lions and bears.

Nope, neither of those scenarios makes me happy. Going back to my earlier idea that he got mad, ran off and broke into someone's summer home. He's happy as a clam eating Twinkies leftover in their pantry.

Unfortunately, it's often a crime of opportunity. Look at little Jessica Ridgeway. She was the unlucky one to be walking to school alone at the same time the killer was on the prowl.

When I was younger, a 9 y/o little girl went missing nearby. So much time was spent searching for her, looking at it as an abduction. Turns out, someone had accidentally hit her with their car and killed her, then disposed of the body.

IF we believe Dylan may have tried to hitchhike, is it possible that he could have been hit on that rural road?

Interesting: 6pm Sunday to noon Monday.

Seems like they want to know who came down the fathers street and what times, but what are the chances someone would have that on tape , are there any businesses close to the fathers home that might have CCTV ?

I can't believe they searched that lake and it was someone else pole. Wouldn't they verify that it was his pole before they went to all that work

The dogs alerting to the scent is why the search was conducted in the lake not the fishing rod.

Why would he do that, if his dad thought he was going there anyway?

Because his dad was supposed to give him a ride. If someone is planning to give you a ride somewhere, and is coming home to pick you up, don't you leave them a note if you get one from someone else?

<snipped>

Also I want to recheck the possible flight options and compare that to the 6pm Sunday start time LE looks to be starting with.

My first thought is they are trying to confirm the last actual, independent sighting of Dylan. Does that make sense?

It makes total sense.

Commercial passenger flights leaving Denver arriving Durango on Sunday, 11/18, per FlightAware at this link (split between two pages):
RPA4929 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 23:56 MST Mon 00:45 MST
RPA4909 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 20:25 MST Sun 21:12 MST
RPA4875 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 16:53 MST Sun 17:47 MST
RPA1041 E190 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 16:02 MST Sun 16:55 MST
RPA4874 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 13:56 MST Sun 14:57 MST
SKW6443 CRJ7 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 10:24 MST Sun 11:02 MST
SKW5501 CRJ7 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 10:23 MST Sun 11:01 MST
RPA1043 E190 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 08:15 MST Sun 08:55 MST
RPA4892 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 07:59 MST Sun 08:46 MST

I still think Dylan arrived on the 16:55 or the 17:47.

The 17:47 arrival flight would fit perfectly with LE's request for video from 6pm on...

News Release: Task Force Continues Search for Dylan Redwine
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:57 PM MST
<snipped>
Three La Plata County Search and Rescue air-scent canines have returned to the Vallecito area to do ground searches. Articles with Dylan’s scent on them have been provided by Dylan’s mother (brought from Colorado Springs) and these articles allow the handlers to have his scent on reference in order for the canines to conduct their search. “Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away, but we still view this as a search and not a recovery effort,” said Dan Bender, Public Information Officer for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

Respectfully snipped for space and BBM

Well that takes run-away off our list...
They obviously know more info, I hope they are getting close!:please:

https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres

I can't decide if it means anything, but the 17:47 was scheduled to arrive at 16:48, so it was over an hour delayed - link.

The 16:55 was right on time - link.

It seems to me that if they are seeking any videos from the highway between Durango and Mark's house, and if they are talking to Mark, his immediate neighbors, and people in the stores, the investigation is focused on trying to reach some definite confirmation on a few things:

When did Mark and Dylan leave the airport.
Did anyone see them arrive at home or see either one of them anytime Sunday evening, Monday morning, etc.
The errand activities of Mark on Monday.

Because his dad was supposed to give him a ride. If someone is planning to give you a ride somewhere, and is coming home to pick you up, don't you leave them a note if you get one from someone else?

Kids don't leave alot of notes, I know mine usually don't. Although his dad was suppost to give him a ride(he slept threw it, waited, no ride, thought oh dad will know were I am going, I will call see if I can get a ride.) This seems very much like it could explain alot of what is questioned in my mind.

I think that the way we interpret a lot of what people did, or what we expect them to do (such as leaving notes, etc.) varies a lot depending on what happened between dad and Dylan leading up to the disappearance. For example, I think I read that Dylan texted mom a frown when he let her know dad had picked him up at the airport. That doesn't sound overly promising to me. It made me wonder if one of the reasons dad didn't check up on him earlier could be that he was trying to give him his space or something, or avoid starting an argument. As far as Dylan not leaving a note if he got a ride elsewhere...meh. I don't find that particular thing weird, cuz i bet you there are grown men who would think "Why leave a note? If I'm not there, obviously someone else gave me a lift." :rolleyes:

I wonder if the 6pm was last time mom heard from him when he said he got there.... Some more hinkiness I'm affraid.

It makes total sense.

Commercial passenger flights leaving Denver arriving Durango on Sunday, 11/18, per FlightAware at this link (split between two pages):
RPA4929 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 23:56 MST Mon 00:45 MST
RPA4909 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 20:25 MST Sun 21:12 MST
RPA4875 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 16:53 MST Sun 17:47 MST
RPA1041 E190 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 16:02 MST Sun 16:55 MST
RPA4874 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 13:56 MST Sun 14:57 MST
SKW6443 CRJ7 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 10:24 MST Sun 11:02 MST
SKW5501 CRJ7 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 10:23 MST Sun 11:01 MST
RPA1043 E190 Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 08:15 MST Sun 08:55 MST
RPA4892 DH8D Denver Intl (KDEN) Sun 07:59 MST Sun 08:46 MST

I still think Dylan arrived on the 16:55 or the 17:47.

Awesome! Thanks! I just went back several pages and found your other post with the 2 flights but this is great.

So potentially landing at 4:55 or 5:47. Both make alot of sense to me as well.
(edit/update --sorry, I can't do military time and I also have to convert everything to Eastern Time!! I forget there are other timezones-- how dare they-lol)

--Seperate Issue--
I keep going back to this issue of Dylan's last usage of his cell on Sunday evening/night. This is from the pinerivertimes:

Dylan texted her Sunday evening to let her know he had arrived and his father had picked him up, she said. That was the last she heard from him, and his phone hasn’t been used since around 8 p.m. Sunday.

Just to be clear, Imo, his text to mom on Sunday evening was not his last communication, based on this. This reporting which is the same in all of the articles means to me whatever the usage was, whether it be texting, checking voicemail, a missed call, a dialed call that wasn't answered, whatever... was not the text to his mom. That's how I interpret that.

If Dylan is no longer considered a run-away what does that leave?

Abducted and/or met with foul play

I take back my unproductive contribution that I have no ideas...

People who would've known:

-- Friends or those associated with Dylan

-- Friends or those associated with Dad

-- Friends or those associated with Mom

.... Dylan is missing, who is harboring him, against his will, keeping him away from his family, has potentially hurt him, in the face of this huge investigation, who had the motive/means/opportunity?

Good idea to write out a list, thanks LotusP!

I hope you don't mind, I put my thoughts in italics:

His friends knew he planned on being at Dad's house, but if his last known communication was the text to Mom, how did they know that Dad left the next morning or how long he would be gone? Even if Dylan used a landline or cumputer to contact anyone there would be a record available through the phone or internet provider. Surely LE has checked this by now,I hope!

It would be very normal for a Dad to mention an upcoming visit from his son, maybe even when buying extra groceries he doesn't normally use such as soft drinks or Dylan's favorite cereal. Co-workers and neighbors might know about the visit as well. :waitasec: But what about the trip for errands that morning? Would the errand run and the fact that Dylan would not be accompanying him come up in casual conversation?

Mom knew about the trip, but I don't think she knew that Redwine was going to be out all morning without Dylan.

I think that lots of people might have known about the trip but Dad is probably the only person who knew that he was going out that morning and that Dylan was not coming with him. If he told Dylan the night before, there is no evidence of Dylan having contact with anyone but his Dad after that.

Yes I would call prob more than once to check on him/her and esp on way home esp if they expected a ride somewhere but I know for a fact my husband DOES not think like me (a mom)! Many times he has been out and I need something and will wait for him to call all they way until he pulls in the garage and I say "I thought you would call...I needed ________________" to which he says "why didnt you call me, I cannot read your mind" ....what I am trying to say is atleast in my world, moms and dads (really good dads) do not think like a mom.....(many moms, anyway)..so that explanation could be that easy. I forget, did his dad say he tried to call him that morning? Has he said?

BBM, lol, no disrespect, but I agree with your husband. Must be because I'm not a mom, lol. :rolleyes:

Not a huge bit of info, just something I've just stumbled across, and not sure if anything will come of it, and am almost positive it is information already already known to investigators and has already been checked out...and ruled out...... but just in case it has not been - just phoned it in.... {now back to prayer mode}

Good idea to write out a list, thanks LotusP!

I hope you don't mind, I put my thoughts in italics:

His friends knew he planned on being at Dad's house, but if his last known communication was the text to Mom, how did they know that Dad left the next morning or how long he would be gone? Even if Dylan used a landline or cumputer to contact anyone there would be a record available through the phone or internet provider. Surely LE has checked this by now,I hope!

It would be very normal for a Dad to mention an upcoming visit from his son, maybe even when buying extra groceries he doesn't normally use such as soft drinks or Dylan's favorite cereal. Co-workers and neighbors might know about the visit as well. :waitasec: But what about the trip for errands that morning? Would the errand run and the fact that Dylan would not be accompanying him come up in casual conversation?

Mom knew about the trip, but I don't think she knew that Redwine was going to be out all morning without Dylan.

I think that lots of people might have known about the trip but Dad is probably the only person who knew that he was going out that morning and that Dylan was not coming with him. If he told Dylan the night before, there is no evidence of Dylan having contact with anyone but his Dad after that.

Maybe there is no evidence that we are aware of(not that LE is not aware of)...none of us know if the landline phone was used at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr