CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This website has links to coverage maps for major cell carriers:

http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?zip=81122&page=1

You have to click onto each map individually and put in an address. I compiled these results when I put MR's address, 2343 County Road 500, Bayfield, CO 81122 into each map:

Sprint - off-network roaming
AT&T - Moderate 3G voice coverage, moderate 3G data coverage
T-Mobile - no service
Verizon - no voice/text coverage, data limited 1X
Nextel - no service

FWIW. Local knowledge on that specific area North of Vallecito Lake would be so helpful.

This website has links to coverage maps for major cell carriers:

http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?zip=81122&page=1

You have to click onto each map individually and put in an address. I compiled these results when I put MR's address, 2343 County Road 500, Bayfield, CO 81122 into each map:

Sprint - off-network roaming
AT&T - Moderate 3G voice coverage, moderate 3G data coverage
T-Mobile - no service
Verizon - no voice/text coverage, data limited 1X
Nextel - no service

FWIW. Local knowledge on that specific area North of Vallecito Lake would be so helpful.
awesome!!!

Perhaps someone who knew Dad would be out of the house, offered to take Dylan fishing that morning. Speculation.....on my part.

Quite possible. But I still don't understand why he wouldn't have contacted his friends who were waiting for him that morning. If he voluntarily was going fishing with a family friend [ or so he thought], why not tell your friends to go on w/out waiting for him?

I keep harping on this only because when my kids were 13, NOTHING was more important to them than their friends. Friendships were of the highest priority.

We moved away from out hometown when my son was in middle school too. And on the few occasions that we went back to visit, my son could not wait to see his old friends. So it just resonates with me how eager Dylan might be to connect with his buddies. It just does not ring true to me that he would run off alone to fish, hiking 4 miles each way, when his friends were waiting to hang out with him.

http://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/posts/10151249960678954

News Release: Task Force Continues Search for Dylan Redwine
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:57 PM MST
For additional information, please contact:
Dan Bender, La Plata County Sheriff’s Office
PIO Desk: 970-382-7026 benderdl@co.laplata.co.us Cell: 970-759-5549

Durango, CO – The Dylan Redwine Task Force is continuing their door-to-door canvasing of the Vallecito Lake area that they began on November 27. The Task Force is comprised of members from the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, the Durango Police Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The Bayfield Marshal’s Office is also working with the Task Force. La Plata County’s GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Department provided maps and satellite pictures from last summer to the Task Force to aid them with the search. Using these maps, investigators are able to be sure that they check every building in the Vallecito area. There are over 20 investigators and officers from multiple departments conducting a thorough search of the area around Vallecito Lake. (Vallecito Lake measures approximately 4 miles long by over a mile wide when full.)

Three La Plata County Search and Rescue air-scent canines have returned to the Vallecito area to do ground searches. Articles with Dylan’s scent on them have been provided by Dylan’s mother (brought from Colorado Springs) and these articles allow the handlers to have his scent on reference in order for the canines to conduct their search. “Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away, but we still view this as a search and not a recovery effort,” said Dan Bender, Public Information Officer for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

The Task Force is still requesting that the public not conduct their own door-to-door searches north of the Vallecito Dam, as it may interfere with the search that the investigators are doing. Residents who are approached by investigators that are not accompanied by a uniformed officer are encouraged to ask for proper law enforcement identification.

A few days ago, there was a part of a fishing pole found on the Vallecito dam and investigators have determined that it has no connection with Dylan. The owner of that broken fishing pole has been contacted and the fishing pole has been ruled out as a potential clue.

The Task Force is asking the general public if they have any recreational video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19, to call dispatch at (970) 385-2900 to make an arrangements to get a copy of the footage to the Task Force.

A tip line has been set up specifically for the search for Dylan Redwine at 970-382-7511. Citizens are encouraged to leave a voicemail message at this number with information to aid the Task Force in this search. If a citizen wants a return call from law enforcement, they must leave their contact information, but anonymous tips are acceptable as well. This tip line is not a manned telephone number and it is not a way to get information about the search. The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information leading to Dylan. Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112. Citizens may also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

I'm trying to make sure I understand just which part of Vallecito Lake Reservoir was involved in the search. :blushing:

Was it the south end by the dam?
Isn't that the end farthest from MR's home and almost twice as long of a walk? (Is there a case map yet?)
Is it possible the cadaver dogs were getting a scent that was carried from much further north in the lake?

map2.jpg

http://www.vallecitolakechamber.com/maps/index.asp

And which way the current flows? Time to track down Sarx...

A few days ago, there was a part of a fishing pole found on the Vallecito dam and investigators have determined that it has no connection with Dylan. The owner of that broken fishing pole has been contacted and the fishing pole has been ruled out as a potential clue.

After all that.:banghead:

Quite possible. But I still don't understand why he wouldn't have contacted his friends who were waiting for him that morning. If he voluntarily was going fishing with a family friend [ or so he thought], why not tell your friends to go on w/out waiting for him?

I keep harping on this only because when my kids were 13, NOTHING was more important to them than their friends. Friendships were of the highest priority.

We moved away from out hometown when my son was in middle school too. And on the few occasions that we went back to visit, my son could not wait to see his old friends. So it just resonates with me how eager Dylan might be to connect with his buddies. It just does not ring true to me that he would run off alone to fish, hiking 4 miles each way, when his friends were waiting to hang out with him.

This makes me think there was contact to one of them, or say a sibling, or even a parent of theirs that morning....althought Dylans phone was said to have no calls on it, that wouldn't mean no landline calls(just my thoughts).

I do not think leaving at 7:30 in the morning to run errands is wierd at all. I also live in a small town but we do have a 24 hr Walmart, grocery stores that open by 7, etc. When I am off work I always like to go do my errands early to get them out of the way..esp when my kids are out of school for holidays or home from college....I always get up while they are still sleeping and get as much done as early as I can. That piece of info does not seem out of the ordinary AT ALL to me....JMO...Of course~

True. I do the same thing. But if you left a sleeping 13 yr old home alone, whom did not live there, and just arrived the day before, would you at some point call to check in with them? Maybe on your way home, give them a call, see if they need anything and tell them you are on the way back to give them a ride? That is what seems odd to me. He has a landline. It was 11 am. Why didn't he call to check in? That niggles at me, given the other facts we know.

[ We know the boy apparently had wanted an early ride to his friends. So when he did wake up he would likely be upset. Did dad leave a note saying he was coming back to get him? ]

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22063185

It wasn't clear whether the smell they detected Saturday and again Sunday morning at the south end of the lake had anything to do with the youngster, said La Plata Sheriff's Office spokesman Dan Bender.

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

So although Dylan's fishing pole is gone from the house, we really don't know that Dylan took it....

I take back my unproductive contribution that I have no ideas...

People who would've known:

-- Friends or those associated with Dylan

-- Friends or those associated with Dad

-- Friends or those associated with Mom

.... Dylan is missing, who is harboring him, against his will, keeping him away from his family, has potentially hurt him, in the face of this huge investigation, who had the motive/means/opportunity?

i was thinking along those lines too.. could there have been someone in the town that has issues with someone in the Redwine family?

Do we have the reason for the mother moving away by any chance? I read that they divorced in 07 but just recently moved away. am i correct? just wondering why they moved away..

moo

Dixie, 2343 CR500 Durango CO, do a google maps
search and you can see it for yourself

Yes, I can see on google maps how rural the area is. I cannot, however, zoom in close enough or do "street view" on google maps to see how far apart any nearby homes would be. I realize that MR's home is probably not in a cookie cutter suburban subdivision with the homes very close to each other; but LE did allude to their being some homes nearby. Just wondered if anyone who is local has personal knowledge as to how far apart these homes are from one another. If anyone does have that info, TIA!

The Task Force is asking the general public if they have any recreational video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19, to call dispatch at (970) 385-2900 to make an arrangements to get a copy of the footage to the Task Force.

"...taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18..." :what::what::eek:

His friend said that they were supposed to meet at 6:30 that morning so the early time shouldn't have been an issue.

My guess is that they were planning on going skiing, but that's just speculation, we haven't heard what they were supposed to do that early.

Very true- like I said- I have no idea... 13 yr old boys' minds change at a rapid pace. If your phone is in your pocket when skiing- I doubt you answer it- if you even hear or feel the vibration? They may have also slept in? I fear he went to meet up with them- and may have met up with someone else.
The article just posted rules out the pole being Dylan's...back to no clue where Dylan went or was trying to go...

Hmmmmmmm. while the implication of this is, uh, offlimits, there is also the possibility they are requesting this footage on Sunday evening to see possibile vehicles coming in to the area. (ex, truck drivers, etc)

http://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/posts/10151249960678954

News Release: Task Force Continues Search for Dylan Redwine
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:57 PM MST
For additional information, please contact:
Dan Bender, La Plata County Sheriff’s Office
PIO Desk: 970-382-7026 benderdl@co.laplata.co.us Cell: 970-759-5549

Durango, CO – The Dylan Redwine Task Force is continuing their door-to-door canvasing of the Vallecito Lake area that they began on November 27. The Task Force is comprised of members from the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, the Durango Police Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The Bayfield Marshal’s Office is also working with the Task Force. La Plata County’s GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Department provided maps and satellite pictures from last summer to the Task Force to aid them with the search. Using these maps, investigators are able to be sure that they check every building in the Vallecito area. There are over 20 investigators and officers from multiple departments conducting a thorough search of the area around Vallecito Lake. (Vallecito Lake measures approximately 4 miles long by over a mile wide when full.)

Three La Plata County Search and Rescue air-scent canines have returned to the Vallecito area to do ground searches. Articles with Dylan’s scent on them have been provided by Dylan’s mother (brought from Colorado Springs) and these articles allow the handlers to have his scent on reference in order for the canines to conduct their search. “Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away, but we still view this as a search and not a recovery effort,” said Dan Bender, Public Information Officer for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

The Task Force is still requesting that the public not conduct their own door-to-door searches north of the Vallecito Dam, as it may interfere with the search that the investigators are doing. Residents who are approached by investigators that are not accompanied by a uniformed officer are encouraged to ask for proper law enforcement identification.

A tip line has been set up specifically for the search for Dylan Redwine at 970-382-7511. Citizens are encouraged to leave a voicemail message at this number with information to aid the Task Force in this search. If a citizen wants a return call from law enforcement, they must leave their contact information, but anonymous tips are acceptable as well. This tip line is not a manned telephone number and it is not a way to get information about the search. The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information leading to Dylan. Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112. Citizens may also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).
thank you for posting the update dylansmom

I guess his fishing pole is still missing then..

I also bolded the times and the routes that they are wanting video footage of because I thought that would be interesting to map out

"The Task Force is asking the general public if they have any recreational video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19, to call dispatch at (970) 385-2900 to make an arrangements to get a copy of the footage to the Task Force."

Would this include the route between the Durango airport and dad's house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85