CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Dylan's cell phone provider? TIA

I don't know. But I have never seen a cell phone provider block that info from a parent of young child that is missing. If a kid is away at college or living on their own, may be a different story. But if a 13 yr old is missing, their parent can get their cell records and I don't know any major carrier that does not have those records. They need them for proper billing, don't they? I know that some don't hold them for more than a couple of weeks, but I think they all have them on record within 48 hours. I may be wrong. But in my experience, with two carriers, we had instant success.

in my experience yes.

Whitney Hichel case is a very good example of this

But, can't the person whose name is on the contract get the information? If they don't have that info already, how do they know the phone has not been used since 8:00 on the night of DR's arrival? tia

When my child lost their phone, AT&T refused to tell me the last place it was used/pinged.

If I'd asked they may have told me the last number dialed, but not where it was used.

So most likely they want the full records.

But are SW necessary when the owner of that phone number gives permission? Ie the mom or dad?

It's NOT just mom/dad ... it's the incoming too. SW are a tool used by LE/courts and it's cleaner. We have minors "saying" stuff to the press. That has to be sorted out too. IMO.

For instance: I have ATT for my cell phone provider. I can view all my outgoing calls, minutes, etc. I cannot view any INCOMING calls that I missed. On my actual PHONE ... I can see that, but it's not on my bill. Hope that makes sense.

I need to go eat whatever the heck my left brained husband cooked for me. GAWD ...I'm skeered!!!!!!

in my experience yes.

Whitney Hichel case is a very good example of this

But wasn't she over 21? I think in a case of a younger child the parents can access their cell records immediately. I can understand needing a warrant for an adults cell records. But a 13 yr olds?

Eventually, for legal reasons, warrants are necessary. But I bet that they had those records to look at within an hour of his being reported missing. When my DD had her blackberry stolen we went to the Sprint office and they gave me the most recent usage, no questions asked.

If mom made that statement how does she know. It seems it would have to come from his dad. jmo

Well darn, that is a very good point. You're right, Dad would have had to told LE that and then LE must have relayed it to Mom (since Dad won't talk to her and all that mess).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's NOT just mom/dad ... it's the incoming too. SW are a tool used by LE/courts and it's cleaner. We have minors "saying" stuff to the press. That has to be sorted out too. IMO.

For instance: I have ATT for my cell phone provider. I can view all my outgoing calls, minutes, etc. I cannot view any INCOMING calls that I missed. On my actual PHONE ... I can see that, but it's not on my bill. Hope that makes sense.

I need to go eat whatever the heck my left brained husband cooked for me. GAWD ...I'm skeered!!!!!!

But when my friends 15 yr old DD ran away, AT and T gave her a print out of the incoming. They have that available on their online records pretty immediately. It took her 45 minutes to get it printed out by them. No warrants, no big hassle. Just a verification that she had been legally reported missing by her family.

eta; And that printout led to her whereabouts, thank goodness. New secret boyfriend, but she was safe and sound.

I don't know. But I have never seen a cell phone provider block that info from a parent of young child that is missing. If a kid is away at college or living on their own, may be a different story. But if a 13 yr old is missing, their parent can get their cell records and I don't know any major carrier that does not have those records. They need them for proper billing, don't they? I know that some don't hold them for more than a couple of weeks, but I think they all have them on record within 48 hours. I may be wrong. But in my experience, with two carriers, we had instant success.

I understand your experience and appreciate that, but not all are the same. That's all I'm saying.
For instance
http://www.ehow.com/how_6602007_tracfone-cell-phone-records.html

Again ... how do you VIEW incoming calls? This case has "minors" saying they called and lots are hanging on to those minors saying that as FACT. We need those records and those records need a SW to obtain them.

When my child lost their phone, AT&T refused to tell me the last place it was used/pinged.

If I'd asked they may have told me the last number dialed, but not where it was used.

So most likely they want the full records.

Yes, I never said the parent can get the ping map. lol I have never tried that. I was just talking about the record of calls and texts from that day. Mom could get that immediately, imo. But the ping map, that takes LE to get that.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml - article from 11/21

It is not known what clothing he may be wearing, but he may have a black backpack with him

The search area includes the shoreline around Vallecito Lake, several small subdivisions, two county roads, steep wooded hillsides and hiking trails

BBM

Initially, they did NOT report what he was wearing or last seen wearing.

It seems they concentrated the search at the lake and then the dogs got a hit(s) in the water, then they spent more time searching/diving the lake....

Is this mostly based on dad's statement of the fishing pole missing and finding part of a broken pole???

They spent about a week at the lake. I know they were also searching other areas but the lake was their main area.

I get a pit in the bottom of my stomach hoping that precious time wasn't lost. I mean they are just now requesting CCTV video....and just now saying they are ruling out Dylan ran away. Does this change come about because the FBI is now on scene?

Does this mean an Amber Alert will be issued??

This is frustrating....:furious::furious:

Well darn, that is a very good point. You're right, Dad would have had to told LE that and then LE must have relayed it to Mom (since Dad won't talk to her and all that mess).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then mom relayed it to the media? That was sure a long way around wasn't it? No wonder things get screwed up in being reported. jmo

I understand your experience and appreciate that, but not all are the same. That's all I'm saying.
For instance
http://www.ehow.com/how_6602007_tracfone-cell-phone-records.html

Again ... how do you VIEW incoming calls? This case has "minors" saying they called and lots are hanging on to those minors saying that as FACT. We need those records and those records need a SW to obtain them.

My friend went to the AT nT office, where she pays her bill. She told them her daughter had been reported missing and she had a copy of the report she filed. They INSTANTLY brought up a file which included the incoming calls, and they gave her a print out to take home. This was over a year ago, so maybe it is diffeernt now. ?

:what:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Please report back to let us know what was served.

But when my friends 15 yr old DD ran away, AT and T gave her a print out of the incoming. They have that available on their online records pretty immediately. It took her 45 minutes to get it printed out by them. No warrants, no big hassle. Just a verification that she had been legally reported missing by her family.

eta; And that printout led to her whereabouts, thank goodness. New secret boyfriend, but she was safe and sound.

Incoming is NOT on my ATT records. Outgoing ... YES. Incoming/missed is not online here in NM with ATT. I'm not billed for incoming/missed calls. IF I was ... goodness I cannot even imagine what the bill would be especially during/after the election. I screen calls and just don't answer. lol

FWIW, I have Verizon, and get a complete list of all _incoming_ and outgoing calls for each line -- complete with time, length of call, etc.

I agree Pensfan. How to respond? How 'bout like a madman searching for your missing son? 'To the situation'. Is that what happened to your son is called? I don't like the sound of this at all...

Just another viewpoint, I thought by "the situation" he meant probably getting pulled in numerous directions, and all the media bombarding him. Not to mention who knows how he's being treated locally. If people are pointing fingers at him or the "rumor mill" got going, that could be a really difficult situation to be in. It might even be making it harder for him TO search if he isn't being let in on where to go or what to do, IMO. Not to say that's happening, I have no idea, but I could see it as a strong possibility.

Incoming is NOT on my ATT records. Outgoing ... YES. Incoming/missed is not online here in NM with ATT. I'm not billed for incoming/missed calls. IF I was ... goodness I cannot even imagine what the bill would be especially during/after the election. I screen calls and just don't answer. lol

I understand what you are saying. You cannot get the incoming ONLINE. But I am not talking about the online records that you have.

I am talking about the main records, kept by AT and T. Somewhere, they have a master list of your incoming calls. If your young child was reported missing, then AT and T would make that list available to you as soon as possible. They would not make you get a warrant for that info. Now if it was a young adult or college kid, it may not be as fast. that is understandable.

I was just responding to those who were saying that LE might not have that info yet. In my experience, in two cases, we had that info within an hour.

<snipped for space>
Torres, saying LE found Dylan's fishing pole at the dam.

<snipped for space>

If he left voluntarily that morning, he was either trying to meet up with them, and was late or he was going off on his own. Either way, I would expect that he would contact them. Even if he had poor cell service, he still had his dad's landline. And his friends said they tried to contact him all day on Monday. I think it is odd he never replied. If he was going to hitch a ride to go there, wouldn't he contact them and say ' Hey, I'm on my way'?

I just find it really odd that he was not in communication with anyone after 8 pm Sunday night. Especially when he had those plans set up w/his friends.

Also, if Dad just left at 7:30 to do errands, why not call and check in with his son, who was home alone. That seems the natural thing to do, given the circumstances.

Regarding the first point, sorry if I missed it, was it confirmed to be Dylan's fishing pole? That's huge IMO if so. I'm still about 6 pages behind though I think so it may be in there somewhere.

Second part. I agree, I would think he would've tried to contact his friends. In the part BBM - maybe he doesn't know his friends' phone numbers? Cell battery was dead or cell was taken away from him so he couldn't look them up? I know when my husband lost his cell phone he was more upset about losing all the contact #s than the phone itself! People don't memorize phone #s anymore IMO, they're so used to just looking them up by name on the phone.

ETA: oops, sorry, I see now it was not Dylan's fishing pole. I'm not sure if that's good or bad... but at least we know.

Regarding the first point, sorry if I missed it, was it confirmed to be Dylan's fishing pole? That's huge IMO if so. I'm still about 6 pages behind though I think so it may be in there somewhere.

Second part. I agree, I would think he would've tried to contact his friends. In the part BBM - maybe he doesn't know his friends' phone numbers? Cell battery was dead or cell was taken away from him so he couldn't look them up? I know when my husband lost his cell phone he was more upset about losing all the contact #s than the phone itself! People don't memorize phone #s anymore IMO, they're so used to just looking them up by name on the phone.

**************ALERT*****************

Forget the fishing pole. We just found out it was NOT Dylan's that was found...

Carry on......[ trying to help you catch up. ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member