CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my head, which may be way off now, I had this timeline. Dylan is picked up by his dad, and he texts mom to say he has been picked up by Dad.

Then at some point he tells his dad that he wants to get dropped off at his friends that night. Understandably, Dad would say no, not tonight, you just got here. So Dylan would send off a huffy text, saying he cannot come tonight, so they agree on early the next morning.

We had heard from his friends that Dylan was planning to come on Sunday night, but changed plans to Monday morning. So I assumed that Dad had nixed those plans. And then Dylan texted them to change meeting them until Monday morning.

Now we are hearing that the last text he sent, according to LE, was to his mom, saying Dad had just picked him up.

So I guess he might have sent the other ones to friends first, maybe, but it does throw me off a bit. JMO

Again ... Friends said, friends said. We need their cell phone records ... by SW. IMO.

also: the other thing... why were plans made with friends basically for the time right after he got off of the plane??

could there have been an argument of some sort over making plans to go to a friend's house?

That was the theory going on in my head. That dad picks up son, who instantly says " Drive me to my friends house' and of course they argue about that. And I thought that maybe dad took the cell away at that point, which is would I would do to mouthy 13 yr olds.

But I am so confused now, who knows...

He could have made plans with friends before he ever showed up at dad's house.
I am not sure when he would have changed those plans if they say last time the phone was used at 8 pm.

also remember the text Sierra LaMar sent to friends was largely kept secret for the better part of the investigation and there was a lot of speculation about it.

Denise Hess, close family friend, helping to organize searches

"Dylan flew into Durango airport around 6, 6:30 Sunday evening."

What did dad have planned to do with Dylan on vacation?
"He said they had gone shopping after he picked up Dylan at airport... they had gone shopping for groceries. They talked about what they wanted to do for Thanksgiving. Dylan had plans to meet his friends at 6:30am in Bayfield on Monday morning. [...] Dad said Dylan had been up really late the night before he flew into Durango, and that he was really tired, they had gone to bed and that he had gotten up in the morning stirred around the house trying to get Dylan up and Dylan didn't want to go into town that morning."

How can I get caught up on this case quickly without having to read through the pages and pages of thread? Lol

I meant the time that they communicated the time change (re: not coming over tonight.. but tomorrow morning)

also the 0630 time (meet up time in text) is making a bit more sense to me after reading the LEO on NG saying that MR had meetings in Durango

in other words... the text maybe saying (just my guess here) dad will drop me off at 0630 on his way into town for meetings.

BUT ... here's the thing. What were those kids going to do at 6:30 a.m. per MSM per the "friends". There was no TEXT as fact to the 6:30 a.m. meeting that I've seen. Last confirmed text was to MOM that he (Dylan) arrived safely.

Mom's friend said she couldn't believe Dylan wouldn't call his friends when he eventually woke up and ask them if their mom could come pick him up.

Do we know if there was any forced entry, was anything taken from the home and does the home have any burglar alarms or surveillance cameras on it?

Denise Hess: "I don't know any of that information."

That was the theory going on in my head. That dad picks up son, who instantly says " Drive me to my friends house' and of course they argue about that. And I thought that maybe dad took the cell away at that point, which is would I would do to mouthy 13 yr olds.

But I am so confused now, who knows...

I agree that is what a lot of us would do, but then if our child disappeared the next day we would just tell the truth to police about taking the phone from him the night before. I don't think Dylan's Dad has said anything about confiscating the phone. If he had, the phone would not be missing and there would be no question as to why there was no contact after 8pm.

MOO

Did dad take a poly? (caller question)

Sgt Bender: "I do know the investigators spoke with him on a number of occasions, that would be info on the ongoing investigation so I couldn't refer to now."

I can't wait for the video to be up (can someone please, please post/give a link???).

Lotus,

What is Sgt. Bender like? I can't wait to see him (I have a picture of him in my head from listening downstairs....) :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

thanks for watching for us!!!

Mom's friend said she couldn't believe Dylan wouldn't call his friends when he eventually woke up and ask them if their mom could come pick him up.

BINGO. That is what has bugged me all along. As a former mama-taxi-cab, I always wondered why he didn't call his friends when he woke up. Why go hitch hike before trying to get a ride from his friends?

But maybe he did...who knows anymore...

I'm coming in late to this one, just watched NG tonight. I have a 13 yr old granddaughter who is constantly on her cell phone. Especially last thing at night before going to sleep. Texting her friends. If there is no cell phone activity after 8:00 pm., I'd be concerned. Are there any locals posting here on this one? Any flavour for how those close to the case feel?

BUT ... here's the thing. What were those kids going to do at 6:30 a.m. per MSM per the "friends". There was no TEXT as fact to the 6:30 a.m. meeting that I've seen. Last confirmed text was to MOM that he (Dylan) arrived safely.

Maybe the plans were always for 6:30 am in the morning? He could have made those plans before he ever showed up at his father's.

Denise Hess, close family friend, helping to organize searches

"Dylan flew into Durango airport around 6, 6:30 Sunday evening."

What did dad have planned to do with Dylan on vacation?
"He said they had gone shopping after he picked up Dylan at airport... they had gone shopping for groceries. They talked about what they wanted to do for Thanksgiving. Dylan had plans to meet his friends at 6:30am in Bayfield on Monday morning. [...] Dad said Dylan had been up really late the night before he flew into Durango, and that he was really tired, they had gone to bed and that he had gotten up in the morning stirred around the house trying to get Dylan up and Dylan didn't want to go into town that morning."

so the plans were not changed.

I can't wait for the video to be up (can someone please, please post/give a link???).

Lotus,

What is Sgt. Bender like? I can't wait to see him (I have a picture of him in my head from listening downstairs....) :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

thanks for watching for us!!!

Audio only on the Sarge...

I don't know what you're picturing, but I'm not picturing a Kevin Torres! :floorlaugh:

NG to her credit is being very, very objective and empassioned for Dylan... I think his entire family would be pleased with the coverage, jmo. I do hope she stays on it.

Okay.. show over. That's all folks.

He could have made plans with friends before he ever showed up at dad's house.
I am not sure when he would have changed those plans if they say last time the phone was used at 8 pm.

Could the phone have been dead from use, and so he used dad's phone to text friends maybe

I'm coming in late to this one, just watched NG tonight. I have a 13 yr old granddaughter who is constantly on her cell phone. Especially last thing at night before going to sleep. Texting her friends. If there is no cell phone activity after 8:00 pm., I'd be concerned. Are there any locals posting here on this one? Any flavour for how those close to the case feel?

Yep. Dylan's mother said Dylan was an avid texter. So, why no activity after 8 pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole