CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I really hope they took a scent dog to the dad's house. I want to know if his scent can be picked up in the house. Unless, since Dylan was there during Memorial Day maybe the dogs won't be able to do that.

I also wonder if they used dogs to track his scent from the house on the day he went missing.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Sorry... Totally O/T.....This cracks me up, SailorMoon... That you are from Dallas, TX... But are a Patriots Fan.... And I am from California... But am a Dallas Cowboys fan....maybe we are loyalty challenged? :waitasec: :D

O/T - I've lived everywhere including California!! ;) I didn't grow up here so have no loyalty. I do like that - loyalty challenged!!

Back on topic - I go to lunch and come back to 7 new pages. I see they searched dad's home. I think someone asked but I will too - was that the home that Dylan lived in before the divorce??

I hate it when LE says they won't be releasing info until "it is over" as so many of these cases are never over...if he is not found any time soon, I hope they will release info. It does not seem to help matters when LE remains tight-lipped forever. JMO

BBM

I think they should make an exception for us WSers... ;)

It's hard to come together when one party isn't answering calls or texts.

We only have her word that he didn't answer her calls or texts. And maybe she's just venting. She either flew or drove up there that afternoon, how many times did she try to reach him? What if he was busy being interviewed and not allowed to answer his phone?
I wouldn't answer calls either, if I got yelled at or accused of murdering my son. Just saying.

I do agree, lishac, that it feels like there should have been something. I just don't think some of the examples people are throwing out make sense. I don't think most dog handlers would want an item that the person might have touched once.
I am more confused that it appears nothing he had was there-like, a sock? A shoe? He didn't unpack anything?

Exactly. I know teenage boys can be "un-kempt" but if I'm not mistaken his mom confirmed what he was last seen wearing...so a plane ride, long drive, "slept" for over 10 hours, and then leaves to go visit friends....all in the same clothes/under clothes.

Edit: Nevermind....I just remembered a time I went with friends for the weekend and the kids were left with Dad and I'm pretty sure the boys were wearing the same thing I left them in. Dads aren't as strict on hygiene....

Dylan texted his mother, Elaine Redwine, when he arrived at Durango-La Plata County Airport on Nov. 18. The lad immediately contacted friends in Bayfield where he attended school until this summer when his mother, who divorced Mark Redwine in 2007, moved to Colorado Springs.

http://durangoherald.com/article/201...129570/-1/News
======================================

All I could find was this saying that he 'immediately contacted friends' when he arrived. So since she did not say he called or he talked, maybe he texted. I think most 13 yr olds prefer texting.

Here is a crucial question I think.... when he immediately contacted his friends was it to say ' hey 'ill see u later' or was it to say ' im too tired to go tonight' . If it was ' hey i'll see u later' and then he text back say an hour or 2 later and suddenly is too tired to go with them, I think YIKES ! :(

I think he would have been reporting missing immediately IF he wasn't on the plane.....dad should have called mom and said, where the heck is Dylan....not calling her the next day, saying he is no where to be found...

Yes I agree, that's why I was saying AFAIK he got on the plane, meaning that at least a handful of other people had to have seen him. I would think a 13 year old traveling alone might draw more attention than your average passenger too - not in a bad way, just people trying to make conversation or make him more comfortable or whatever, particularly flight attendants or passengers seated nearby. I hope if any of them recognized him they've called in to at least tell whatever little they might know about his trip.

We only have her word that he didn't answer her calls or texts. And maybe she's just venting. She either flew or drove up there that afternoon, how many times did she try to reach him? What if he was busy being interviewed and not allowed to answer his phone?
I wouldn't answer calls either, if I got yelled at or accused of murdering my son. Just saying.

What if LE took his phone , dad's I mean, on the spot to see if Dylan called or something. Maybe dad doesnt' have possession of his phone at this time.

He didn't answer the texts from the Older Son either. The Son who hugged him at the Vigil.

He didn't answer the texts from the Older Son either. The Son who hugged him at the Vigil.

what if his cell phone died?

what if he was in an area that didn't have good coverage?
(we have talked about this with Dylan's cell phone)

I'm not normally one to offer speculation or say what I think might have happened in a case...I try to stick to straight facts & information when I post.

I have this scenario running through my head that I can't get out though, and feel compelled to share it. I know it's been mentioned as a possibility before, but it kind of all came together in my head earlier today.

MR picks up Dylan from the airport, they go grocery shopping, and head home. Enroute, Dylan's cell phone is in and out of service, causing the battery to drain quickly. He manages to text his friends off and on, making the early morning plan. He gets to his Dad's house, no cell service, bummer. He plugs the phone in to charge, and goes to bed early, tired from the night before and wanting to get up early to go see his buds.

In the morning, MR tries to get Dylan up but he's still tired so he stays asleep. MR leaves to go run errands. Dylan's asleep and he hears a knock at the door. He goes to answer it, sleepily, and someone is at the door. I don't know who. This person says something like - your mom/dad/brother has been in an accident and they're in the hospital, you need to come with me right away. Dylan, panicked, sleepy, goes to get his shoes, hat, whatever. He asks if he should bring his stuff. The person says yes. Dylan takes the few items he'd taken out of his bag - cell phone, charger, clothes he was wearing the day before - and shoves them in his backpack. They leave.

I hate thinking about this but I feel a little bit better with it written down. :frown:

This is a possible scenario for me, too... yet not one I would like to have happen...

However... THIS IS JUST WHY MICROSCOPIC SEARCHES of last home/building missing person was in should be done right at the start of an investigation...

Not with the intent to incriminate the parents!

But to eliminate useless info... and to obtain useful info!

There... I said it again...

Sorry... but I have such a strong feeling about this!

JMO

Yes I agree, that's why I was saying AFAIK he got on the plane, meaning that at least a handful of other people had to have seen him. I would think a 13 year old traveling alone might draw more attention than your average passenger too - not in a bad way, just people trying to make conversation or make him more comfortable or whatever, particularly flight attendants or passengers seated nearby. I hope if any of them recognized him they've called in to at least tell whatever little they might know about his trip.

My two oldest (step-sons) travel back and forth via airplane and any unaccompanied minor has strict guidelines. An adult with a valid id has to place them on the plane, they're seated as close to the front or back as possible and they can only be picked up by the person listed as their designated "receiver" and that person has to have proper id. So not only just the people but there was def a paper trail too.

No worries. Dad speaks to wanting to work together. Why didn't he answer his Ex Wife and Sons Frantic calls/texts upon learning Dylan was missing. Of course they would be frantic and want to know details. He was under Dad's watch.

I don't know and I need to review the timeline again, but maybe he was with LE trying to give them info to find Dylan? Answering questions, etc.? Maybe he didn't have cell service if he was out looking for Dylan? The area sounds pretty remote. I don't know, but at this point, I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reading comments under the news articles, viewing the video and reading his statements - I'm just not picking up the "vibe" that comes from language, body language, facial expressions, etc. that something bad happened. Videos have been very short.... so not a lot to go on.

Now.... that doesn't mean anything. I'm no expert at any of this, I just think back to others I have viewed/read about that claimed a missing child, only to find out that the child was deceased at their own hand. I would give you case names - except they all seem to be escaping my brain right now. Let me think about it and I'll add later. But basically, what I am not seeing here, is "forced drama" except for the comments made by the mom. Again, doesn't mean a thing, just my interpretation at this point.

Salem

Here is a crucial question I think.... when he immediately contacted his friends was it to say ' hey 'ill see u later' or was it to say ' im too tired to go tonight' . If it was ' hey i'll see u later' and then he text back say an hour or 2 later and suddenly is too tired to go with them, I think YIKES ! :(

I wish we knew that.

I had originally assumed that he asked dad to take him to his friends that night, and dad understandably said 'NO, not tonight, I will take you tomorrow,' And so Dylan would text them and say ' see you tomorrow instead.'

The question is 'did they fight about it'?

this is a search with warrant (see article I just posted) and will have probable cause and specific things they are 'looking for' if you will.

I am positive :twocents: they have searched the home before... but not under warrant.

The article above states that they have the csi van on site.

.....while I am beyond grateful for and so glad to see, news indicating there is still a lot of activity on Dylans case and hopeful it will bring us closer to finding Dylan..........at the thought of a CSI van on the scene, I have such a *huge hollow feeling in my stomach right now that has *nothing to do with the flu..... :(

Kevin Torres ‏@kevinltorres
Mark Redwine's house was searched today by investigators. He was more than willing to have them in. This is the 2nd time his house was chckd

DurangoHerald ‏@DurangoHerald
Authorities say they have searched Mark Redwine's house before but today's "meticulous search" required a warrant.

Do we know if dad has a big barking dog that lives in the house ?
sorry if it's been covered

All plausible ^. I shall remain in my tunnel lurking LOL If i have to eat crow in the days to come please make it only one :floorlaugh: I know nothing funny in this case just lightening the load. Sometimes i get a really strong feeling in a case and this is one of em. Never afraid to woman up when I'm wrong either.

Wonder if someone didn't like the recent arrangement handed down by the courts so much that they planned how to make the beneficiary of that arrangement appear unstable/untrustworthy. Isn't the custody/divorce arrangement still a very ripe issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd