CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link about what he took to his dad's? I don't think we should assume he only had a backpack. We have only heard of that, the phone, charger & the clothing he had on. We also know that there were no clothing left behind with his scent. So maybe...since he was up late Saturday, slept in Sunday, took a shower & put on comfy clothing before heading to the airport. My bets are he slept in those and didn't feel the need to change. He is a 13 y/o BOY. I just see page after page asking the same question about why ALL of his belongings are missing yet I have never seen it linked. Just trying to clear my muddy brain water...if someone has a link. TIA!

So he flew in in shirt and shorts? How warm was the weather?

I will eat crow if he is in a remote cabin. Between the harshness of Colorado, between weather, wildlife, and just being alone...I find it a very far stretch that he is out there in a cabin. I wish I felt he could be, if even eighteen maybe, but even then doubtful. But at his age, with loving family, I have No hope of this. The cabin would have to be by a stream, he would have to get lucky fishing. He would have to dig his own bait. find his own wood etc. He is thirteen... I don't know what happened, but its been too long. I think that is why runaway is ruled out. Its late fall in Colorado... its nothing nice in the mountains...

Are there stocked vacation cabins up there? We have a stocked vacation cabin in another state and we have had people break in and live there for a week or two in the winter. And eat our food, use our woodpile etc. I doubt Dylan would do this though, unless he was SERIOUSLY pissed with his folks. He wanted to see his friends- do any of his friends have a place like this?

Does anyone else think it may have been a better idea to do this 11 days ago?? smh

They probably couldn't get the SW until now, one the holiday and two possiable that because he was still being considered a run a way made the SW unable to be served(IMO)

Mother had to bring in clothing with Dylan's scent for the dogs.
So if Dylan had clothing in his father's house, why would mother have to bring clothing?

Clean clothes would have no personal scent.

Has anyone got ahold of Sarx ( ver. sar)? I'm going to try right now...

If Mom had not said anything about Dad, I wonder if anyone would be leaning that way, if they are? She sure is not helping as far as his image goes.

I was leaning that way long before she said anything. But that may be just because of bad reporting. It might be that poor reporting is making him appear to be inconsistent. I am not sure.

There are potential explanations for all of the things that are making me suspicious. So I don't really know what to think. :fence:

So if Dylan had clothing in his father's house, why would mother have to bring clothing?

I don't think he did. My response was to someone who was asking was DR there in Sept.

I don't know how long someone's scent lingers on clothing so I guess its possible that Dad had some of DR's clothes but they had been washed and put up. IDK.

I haven't seen where it was said she had to bring clothes. Was that confirmed by LE?

Do we know what time dad called 911, and what time mom was notified Dylan was missing?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

If Mom had not said anything about Dad, I wonder if anyone would be leaning that way, if they are? She sure is not helping as far as his image goes.

I think the mom is thinking the dad has done something. It would make no sense to point a finger at someone when your child is missing if there wasn't suspicion.

Thank you! It is only natural that some suspicion falls on Dad by virtue of being the adult in charge and last (known) person to see him but Mom's comments pushed that theory into overdrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think maybe MR has everything DR needs at his home already. Perhaps DR did not have to bring anything in his backpack except a few items he wanted to have with him. Handheld game, phone, charger, a jacket. Perhaps all hygiene items and clothing were there already. When me and my youngest travel to New York we UPS our clothing and such.... so we have very little to carry. Then my family UPS's our stuff back to Colorado for us, makes it easier. Just a thought...

He wasnt going there to live, it was just for a few days... How much would he possibly take with him? I cant see bringing suitcases upon suitcases.. Hes a kid. (agreeing its probably just a backpack..) :)

Does anyone have a link about what he took to his dad's? I don't think we should assume he only had a backpack. We have only heard of that, the phone, charger & the clothing he had on. We also know that there were no clothing left behind with his scent. So maybe...since he was up late Saturday, slept in Sunday, took a shower & put on comfy clothing before heading to the airport. My bets are he slept in those and didn't feel the need to change. He is a 13 y/o BOY. I just see page after page asking the same question about why ALL of his belongings are missing yet I have never seen it linked. Just trying to clear my muddy brain water...if someone has a link. TIA!

bbm - This is the only thing I've read or heard of in MSM, iirc. Said by mom early on, I think in an article on 11/24 pinerivertimes.com when she said those items were not at dad's house. I can't recall hearing anyone in LE or family/friends ever discuss or mention in passing a suitcase or anything about clothes or items already at dad's or anything else specific other than the cell, charger, what he was supposedly last seen wearing, and the backpack. I agree everything else is just speculation and LE undoubtedly (well, that's probably too strong a word for anything in this case) knows what luggage was brought with Dylan to Durango and what still remains in dad's house.

--->> added: here's the link with mom's quote about what Dylan brought with him:
His cell phone and charger and various other items were in his backpack, which he supposedly had with him. It’s not at his father’s house, she said.
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

Another thought, at 13 is on the edge, imo, between packing for himself and mom doing it for him. I don't have a 13 year old boy but my 13 y/o nephew goes back and forth. Most of the time he's lazy and throws a couple of sports jerseys, shorts, and socks in a bag.. my sister has to go through his bag and put all of the essentials in that he would never think to put in on his own. So mom may or may not know the exact contents of what Dylan packed depending on who packed him for the trip. Therefore she might not know what's missing vs what's still at dad's, if anything. But I'd imagine she would have to know how many pieces of luggage he brought on the plane w/him. jmo.

I think the mom is thinking the dad has done something. It would make no sense to point a finger at someone when your child is missing if there wasn't suspicion.

I think she is speaking through hatred as well as worry, though.

Suspicion is not reason enough to go shout allegations in the media. Toni Ingram is getting roasted for doing exactly that and I don't think ER deserves a free pass either. Time and place - it matters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higher 60's lower 50's during the day in the 30's to teens at night

GREAT point!!! Is there any mention of him bringing warmer clothes? Leaving between 7:30 and 11:30 would still be pretty cold outside. I haven't read anything either about other things he might be wearing. For example, what items were in his backpack that he could have changed into. He was last seen wearing X, Y, and Z.....but could also be wearing a X jacket, Y colored pants, etc.... If his livelyhood fit in a backpack I'm sure Mom knows what stuff he took.

He wasnt going there to live, it was just for a few days... How much would he possibly take with him? I cant see bringing suitcases upon suitcases.. Hes a kid.

I guess it would depend on if he packed himself or if Mom packed for him. Colorado in the fall is an odd place. One day can literally be in the Seventies and hot, the next we can have a blizzard and have a high in the low teens. You must bring clothes for any weather. We learn to dress in layers, so we can peel them off accordingly... I know when my boys pack for even a weekend, they bring a good sized tote each. That is with them packing and they forget things let me tell ya. You have your dress clothes and your ghetto clothes for relaxing and your sleep clothing...etc. I am not trying to be snarky, just a week at Dads would be more than a backpack full especially with electronics mixed in. IMHO

I finally saw the video from the Durango Herald about today's search. It seems to be quite a production, tents, towed vehicles, etc. Is this how searches typically look?

I was having thoughts that cannot be mentioned from the start...long before Mom said anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313