CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In just going with the scenario that ABC recently stated(nursebeeme linked to) that Dylan disappeared after leaving dad's home en route to his friends..which there is actually some "iffy" proof of this as a possibility that several of us have discussed previously..(ie. The postal worker who KNOWS Dylan believes they saw Dylan and another young male on foot Monday.. http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091)..

So, to be clear I am not stating this as fact that Dylan was walking on Monday, but rather looking at that scenario as possible..and in doing so Dylan met with foul play at some point thereafter he is seen walking.. IMO the father's home would still be combed over with a fine tooth comb via LE/CSI(and this essentially is what Bender also stated today)..

I don't believe that the fine tooth search done today really can indicate anything either way due to the fact that even if Dylan did disappear AFTER having left Dad's home IT STILL WOULD BE SERVED A SEARCH WARRANT AND GONE OVER METICULOUSLY.. just as exactly what we saw occur in Jess Ridgeway case..she disappeared AFTER having left her mom's house on foot..yet mom's house was served with a warrant and meticulously searched..

My main intention is just trying to actually look at the possibilities other than dad..because for me no matter the route I appear to always end up with the dad..

Am trying to stay out of Bravo's tunnel..lol..but it appears to continually be calling out to me no matter..;)

I seem to go back to him too... if given your scenario, do you think maybe he didn't have cell service? I've tried your scenario too and I keep coming back to why he didn't use his phone to let someone know he was coming or text to say he was hitching a ride...

I know LE has stated Dylan is not a runaway, but just in case they are wrong, I wonder how many empty cabins or houses are remote enough that Dylan could have holed up in one of them and not been seen? The only downside to this is the matter of food - Dylan has been gone quite a while, and any food he took with him would be long gone. Since he isn't much of an outdoorsy guy, according to his family, is he capable of living off the land? I suppose he could fish since apparently his fishing pole is missing.

But if he did something like this, it means to me that he was mad at both mom and dad, since he hasn't contacted either of them.

I'm trying to come up with a scenario that doesn't result in Dylan being dead, and it's getting harder every day. This should be a fun time of year for Dylan, he should be happy, healthy and with his mom and brother.

No, we don't know that. But it is one of the only ways it would make sense that Dylan would pack all of his things and try to hitch a ride to town.

If dad had left a note saying 'I will be back soon to give you a lift to your friends house' then imo, Dylan would have chilled until Dad returned home.

But he packed everything and left without a word. So that makes no sense to me. JMO

It also makes no sense to me that if MR did somethng to Dylan why would he have gotten rid of his clothes and all that he brought with him for the stay. If it were me, I would make the house look like someone had broken in. If I wanted it to look like an abduction. jmo

BBM Trust me I'm def riding the fence on this one.... but hypothetically.....
his phone is on the charger, Dad leaves to run errands, DR is still sleeping when someone comes to the door. He answers the door....something happens from there. No idea what...but, it could explain why he never used his phone again

...and then grab all his belongings and leave? :waitasec:

I know I am beating a dead horse, but why would you pack everything, unless you did not plan on returning or even if you planned on spending a night or two at your friends perhaps. I know its been speculated that perhaps he did not unpack when he arrived, due to being tired. I can see this. But before I would leave, I would lighten my load by throwing out stuff I would not need at my friend on a dresser or bed. Everything being gone just does not sit well with me...

That's why I wondered if he and dad had been arguing/fighting over the cell and his friends and the custody issues. whatever.

The phone going dead at 8 makes me wonder if dad took it from Dylan. I have done it myself.

But all of the things still being in the backpack make me thing an angry resentful teen is saying in an obstinate way, I am NOT staying here tonight--I am going to stay at my friends house. My DD used to pack up and threaten to leave once a week when she was 13.

I know LE has stated Dylan is not a runaway, but just in case they are wrong, I wonder how many empty cabins or houses are remote enough that Dylan could have holed up in one of them and not been seen? The only downside to this is the matter of food - Dylan has been gone quite a while, and any food he took with him would be long gone. Since he isn't much of an outdoorsy guy, according to his family, is he capable of living off the land? I suppose he could fish since apparently his fishing pole is missing.

But if he did something like this, it means to me that he was mad at both mom and dad, since he hasn't contacted either of them.

I'm trying to come up with a scenario that doesn't result in Dylan being dead, and it's getting harder every day. This should be a fun time of year for Dylan, he should be happy, healthy and with his mom and brother.

LE already said he isn't a runway. He hasn't used any of his on-line accounts or communication devices. Which would be pretty much impossible for a 13 year old to do voluntarily.

LOL Have a big ole box of wine on hand too maybe? I'm getting a little cramped down in the tunnel. Might need to relax a bit :floorlaugh: I do know they are smart birds. Might be tough catching one.

You must be feeling better. That's good.

I do not understand doing this thorough search 10 days in. The house may have been sterilized in the meantime. I think it is usually pretty obvious by day two or three in these cases that it is serious, and yet so often these searches of the home take place in week two. I am sure that warrants could be obtained much sooner.

Does anyone else think it may have been a better idea to do this 11 days ago?? smh

Of course. But they might have been working off a theory that he run away or went fishing then. Better late than never, I guess.

I will eat crow if he is in a remote cabin. Between the harshness of Colorado, between weather, wildlife, and just being alone...I find it a very far stretch that he is out there in a cabin. I wish I felt he could be, if even eighteen maybe, but even then doubtful. But at his age, with loving family, I have No hope of this. The cabin would have to be by a stream, he would have to get lucky fishing. He would have to dig his own bait. find his own wood etc. He is thirteen... I don't know what happened, but its been too long. I think that is why runaway is ruled out. Its late fall in Colorado... its nothing nice in the mountains...

Seems accurate to me after following along since the weekend.

I haven't seen it mentioned what he brought with him other than the backpac, phone and charger. Did he have a suitcase? If everythiing was in the backpack then yes I guess everything is gone. But, I just don't know what else he had. jmo

his phone is on the charger, Dad leaves to run errands, DR is still sleeping when someone comes to the door. He answers the door....something happens from there. No idea what...but, it could explain why he never used his phone again

He couldn't be dragged away by the guy immediately, because all of his things are gone. But if a creepy neighbor/stalker/lurker knocked on the door, pretending to check up on him for dad, then may be he would come in. And Dylan would say he was mad that dad took off without giving him a ride, and the creeper would offer him one. And if Dylan was mad at dad, he might pack all of his things and plan to go to his friends house to stay...?

http://www.kgoam810.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=118&itemid=29949361

Home of Missing Colo. Boy's Father Searched

Handout(VALLECITO, Colo.) -- While the search continues for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who went missing from his father's home 10 days ago in Vallecito, Colo., investigators no longer believe that he ran away.

Instead, the La Plata County Sheriff's office issued a warrant to search the home of Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, Thursday.

"We are not calling Mark Redwine a suspect," La Plata County Sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender said in a prepared statement. "It was only prudent to do a more thorough search of that house and property for any information that can help direct us to Dylan."

Fifteen members of the search task force arrived at Mark Redwine's home Thursday, including members of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI, according to the sheriff's office.

<Mod Snip>

I haven't seen it mentioned what he brought with him other than the backpac, phone and charger. Did he have a suitcase? If everythiing was in the backpack then yes I guess everything is gone. But, I just don't know what else he had. jmo

I think he only had a backpack because mom only mentioned that as being missing. Nothing has ever been said about a suitcase being left behind. I don't think he would have needed a suitcase anyway.

It also makes no sense to me that if MR did somethng to Dylan why would he have gotten rid of his clothes and all that he brought with him for the stay. If it were me, I would make the house look like someone had broken in. If I wanted it to look like an abduction. jmo

Oh Oh Oh I know this one. :great: Statistically speaking of course. We actually went over Staging scenes a few weeks ago... In parent-child situations a parent is more likely to "stage" a scene where the teen ran away than to make it appear like an abduction. Staging an abduction had a higher percentage in younger aged children. Mostly do to the perception that teens are not as easy to subdue...

Statistically speaking....of course.

But would this person make sure to gather ALL of Dylan's belongings, every thing he had? That's where I have trouble with this. Not saying it couldn't happen, I just don't see it. (And I have tried hard to see it!)

Oh Oh Oh I know this one. :great: Statistically speaking of course. We actually went over Staging scenes a few weeks ago... In parent-child situations a parent is more likely to "stage" a scene where the teen ran away than to make it appear like an abduction. Staging an abduction had a higher percentage in younger aged children. Mostly do to the perception that teens are not as easy to subdue...

Statistically speaking....of course.

Ahhh interesting. Which is why it might be that ALL of his things are packed up and gone.

But I still find it odd that dad was so adamant that the fishing pole was missing. Like he wanted everyone to think he got up and went fishing alone in the woods.But that conflicts with all of his things being gone.

I figured that was the case. I wonder how long they have been together? How well did DR get along with the new boyfriend? Did he call him Dad? Could this have been an issue? All just questions.

I have a boyfriend/husband/significant other. We are not married, but at times I call him my S.O. at times my husband and at times my boyfriend. My boys call him by his first name. We have a child together and he calls him by his first name too...lol.

Comic relief but off topic warning...
a few days ago my Significant Others job called, we missed it. He had just left for work. I called them to let them know he was on his way in. He is a boss at his job. I said, "Hi this is Eds girlfriend, he is on his way"... they were glad and I ended conversation. Well...he comes home and tells me I started a big deal at his job. He got to work, the Spanish workers were talking in Spanish and whispering and staring at him. Just that fast it got all over his job, that he had a girlfriend. One of the managers got up the guts to approach him and ask if we had split up. What happened to your wife, did you get divorced...lol. He could not understand. But then it got him, I called myself his girlfriend...Oh the rumors now flying...lol Oh well, its common in Colorado to live Common Law....I thought it was everywhere.

o/t but thank goodness, my little one's dad and I were married, not any more, but he calls him by his first name just like his brother and sister do (he was a stepdad to them). I have always called my dad by his first name, as my sister and mom did (he was a stepdad to her). Some people think that's so weird but thank goodness I am not alone.

Back on topic -- I am glad they are searching the home. Remember - they know much more than we do, uh, like everything, since nothing has been verified.

Off work and onto lil ones soccer practice - I'm sure I'll have pages to catch up later tonight - but I hope some news comes out.

But would this person make sure to gather ALL of Dylan's belongings, every thing he had? That's where I have trouble with this. Not saying it couldn't happen, I just don't see it. (And I have tried hard to see it!)

The only way I can see it is if Dylan thought it was a 'friend' giving him a ride to his buddies house, and he packed up everything becasue he was mad at dad for leaving without him that morning.

Do you think maybe MR has everything DR needs at his home already. Perhaps DR did not have to bring anything in his backpack except a few items he wanted to have with him. Handheld game, phone, charger, a jacket. Perhaps all hygiene items and clothing were there already. When me and my youngest travel to New York we UPS our clothing and such.... so we have very little to carry. Then my family UPS's our stuff back to Colorado for us, makes it easier. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole