CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is just a reporter saying that. No sources for where he got that quote. Did LE SAY that? Or did the reporter just jump to that conclusion.

If LE was certain that the boy left and then got into trouble, then I don't think LE would have bothered to tow and impound dad's two vehicles today, or send 15 CSI techs into the home and the surrounding property. JMO

Oh dear. I am gone for 5 hours and miss everything. You have a link? tia

But that is just a reporter saying that. No sources for where he got that quote. Did LE SAY that? Or did the reporter just jump to that conclusion.

If LE was certain that the boy left and then got into trouble, then I don't think LE would have bothered to tow and impound dad's two vehicles today, or send 15 CSI techs into the home and the surrounding property. JMO

I just got back from a doc's appt so rushed through reading each post, may have missed some details... interesting about dad's two vehicles. Opens up new questions... I'll keep them to myself until I can phrase them appropriately. I see a couple of alternatives here -- one being that LE is being extremely thorough "just" because this was the last place Dylan was... in which case I'm very bothered that such a seemingly basic first step took so long.... or they have some significant information that's leading them to do these searches so thoroughly and officially, complete with the feds and seach warrants, etc.

Also, I'm trying to think of a case similar to this where a child went missing and 11 days in LE hasn't had one press conference. It's frustrating as ... trying to make sense of this case without an official press conference from LE! I just hope all of the unconfirmed rumors, reports, inconsistencies, etc haven't jeopardized finding Dylan or his safety which is the only thing that matters.

Investigators-searching-house-of-Dylan-Redwine’s-father

Dylan texted his mother, Elaine Redwine, when he arrived at Durango-La Plata County Airport on Nov. 18. The boy immediately contacted friends in Bayfield where he attended school until this summer when his mother, who divorced Mark Redwine in 2007, moved to Colorado Springs.

"Elaine's boyfriend, Mike Hall, who lives with the mother in Colorado Springs, declined to speculate on what might have happened to Dylan."

here we go again- legal step dad or boyfriend...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sign-colo-boy-vanished-visit-dad-17837843#.ULffYqxBB29

I figured that was the case. I wonder how long they have been together? How well did DR get along with the new boyfriend? Did he call him Dad? Could this have been an issue? All just questions.

I have a boyfriend/husband/significant other. We are not married, but at times I call him my S.O. at times my husband and at times my boyfriend. My boys call him by his first name. We have a child together and he calls him by his first name too...lol.

Comic relief but off topic warning...
a few days ago my Significant Others job called, we missed it. He had just left for work. I called them to let them know he was on his way in. He is a boss at his job. I said, "Hi this is Eds girlfriend, he is on his way"... they were glad and I ended conversation. Well...he comes home and tells me I started a big deal at his job. He got to work, the Spanish workers were talking in Spanish and whispering and staring at him. Just that fast it got all over his job, that he had a girlfriend. One of the managers got up the guts to approach him and ask if we had split up. What happened to your wife, did you get divorced...lol. He could not understand. But then it got him, I called myself his girlfriend...Oh the rumors now flying...lol Oh well, its common in Colorado to live Common Law....I thought it was everywhere.

On Thursday, authorities served a search warrant at the father's home.

According to the Durango Herald ( http://bit.ly/TwoGNN ), Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI also set up tents and a trailer outside the house. Investigators wearing white scrub-like uniforms made trips in and out of the house and a travel trailer on Thursday.

La Plata County sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender said authorities are focusing on the possibility of foul play but hope that isn't the case.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129570/-1/News

Heck we got more than two in here. Plenty of room. I just turned on the flashlight. Thanks cuz i know i will gag on crow LOL

......not to worry about the crow....I'm perusing the web for a recipe that'll make it somewhat edible for us all if need be......hmmm...mayhaps if I crock pot it and cover it with a soup?

Sorry for the OT - had to say it!

Speaking of dad leaving a note before leaving out on his early morning.g errands I've got two ways of looking at this that IMO would be in dad's favor for lack of a better word..

First, how do we actually KNOW that dad DID NOT leave a note on the counter just saying he was out running errands ?.. We don't know that do we?..so, he could have..

Also I look at that if we go by the LE statement I quoted and linked last night that states that the dad told LE that he SAW his son before leaving around 730am to run errands.. If this is true that he went in and saw his son, possibly he told his son at that point he was going to run errands..

Am just saying that IMO we don't know for certain that Dylan would have woken up and not known where his dad was and been angry or felt let down..we don't know for certain that did not tell him, or leave a note saying he'd gone to run errands..do we?

I'm thinking they would just like to prove Dylan was ever actually in the house.

On Thursday, authorities served a search warrant at the father's home.

According to the Durango Herald ( http://bit.ly/TwoGNN ), Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI also set up tents and a trailer outside the house. Investigators wearing white scrub-like uniforms made trips in and out of the house and a travel trailer on Thursday.

La Plata County sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender said authorities are focusing on the possibility of foul play but hope that isn't the case.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129570/-1/News

Don't like the sound of this

In just going with the scenario that ABC recently stated(nursebeeme linked to) that Dylan disappeared after leaving dad's home en route to his friends..which there is actually some "iffy" proof of this as a possibility that several of us have discussed previously..(ie. The postal worker who KNOWS Dylan believes they saw Dylan and another young male on foot Monday.. http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091)..

So, to be clear I am not stating this as fact that Dylan was walking on Monday, but rather looking at that scenario as possible..and in doing so Dylan met with foul play at some point thereafter he is seen walking.. IMO the father's home would still be combed over with a fine tooth comb via LE/CSI(and this essentially is what Bender also stated today)..

I don't believe that the fine tooth search done today really can indicate anything either way due to the fact that even if Dylan did disappear AFTER having left Dad's home IT STILL WOULD BE SERVED A SEARCH WARRANT AND GONE OVER METICULOUSLY.. just as exactly what we saw occur in Jess Ridgeway case..she disappeared AFTER having left her mom's house on foot..yet mom's house was served with a warrant and meticulously searched..

My main intention is just trying to actually look at the possibilities other than dad..because for me no matter the route I appear to always end up with the dad..

Am trying to stay out of Bravo's tunnel..lol..but it appears to continually be calling out to me no matter..;)

I'm claustrophobic so would you guys mind trading the tunnel for a pool full of jello? I really want to hang with you guys but not in a tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of dad leaving a note before leaving out on his early morning.g errands I've got two ways of looking at this that IMO would be in dad's favor for lack of a better word..

First, how do we actually KNOW that dad DID NOT leave a note on the counter just saying he was out running errands ?.. We don't know that do we?..so, he could have..

Also I look at that if we go by the LE statement I quoted and linked last night that states that the dad told LE that he SAW his son before leaving around 730am to run errands.. If this is true that he went in and saw his son, possibly he told his son at that point he was going to run errands..

Am just saying that IMO we don't know for certain that Dylan would have woken up and not known where his dad was and been angry or felt let down..we don't know for certain that did not tell him, or leave a note saying he'd gone to run errands..do we?

No, we don't know that. But it is one of the only ways it would make sense that Dylan would pack all of his things and try to hitch a ride to town.

If dad had left a note saying 'I will be back soon to give you a lift to your friends house' then imo, Dylan would have chilled until Dad returned home.

But he packed everything and left without a word. So that makes no sense to me. JMO

I'm thinking they would just like to prove Dylan was ever actually in the house.

I think that is the first goal, try to find his prints on the tv remote and find his dirty dishes and proof he was there that night. I agree.

But I am not sure that just leaving that morning while he was still sleeping, was going to make the kid happy. Wouldn't he wake up and say 'HEY, I thought I was getting a ride to town to see my friends? ' I would think that would make him mad, unless dad left a note or a message assuring him he was coming back to get him.

But I still don't understand why Dylan never contacted his friends that morning. If he overslpt and then missed his ride, wouldnt he call when he woke up, to see what to do next? It is hard for me to believe that he left to hitch a ride there, without first communicating with them. How would he know where they were at the time? If he was supposed to be there at 6:30, makes me think they had plans to do something.

BBM Trust me I'm def riding the fence on this one.... but hypothetically.....
his phone is on the charger, Dad leaves to run errands, DR is still sleeping when someone comes to the door. He answers the door....something happens from there. No idea what...but, it could explain why he never used his phone again

No, we don't know that. But it is one of the only ways it would make sense that Dylan would pack all of his things and try to hitch a ride to town.

If dad had left a note saying 'I will be back soon to give you a lift to your friends house' then imo, Dylan would have chilled until Dad returned home.

But he packed everything and left without a word. So that makes no sense to me. JMO

I know I am beating a dead horse, but why would you pack everything, unless you did not plan on returning or even if you planned on spending a night or two at your friends perhaps. I know its been speculated that perhaps he did not unpack when he arrived, due to being tired. I can see this. But before I would leave, I would lighten my load by throwing out stuff I would not need at my friend on a dresser or bed. Everything being gone just does not sit well with me...

thanks for the link.

''The next day, while his father ran an errand, he disappeared after setting off to meet friends in the secluded vacation spot high in the mountains near Durango.''

This sounds as if they KNOW that he left the house that morning to go meet the friends. Right?

No, it doesn't. It sounds like a narrative written by some reporter, not something LE said.

......not to worry about the crow....I'm perusing the web for a recipe that'll make it somewhat edible for us all if need be......hmmm...mayhaps if I crock pot it and cover it with a soup?

Sorry for the OT - had to say it!

LOL Have a big ole box of wine on hand too maybe? I'm getting a little cramped down in the tunnel. Might need to relax a bit :floorlaugh: I do know they are smart birds. Might be tough catching one.

I think that is the first goal, try to find his prints on the tv remote and find his dirty dishes and proof he was there that night. I agree.

Does anyone else think it may have been a better idea to do this 11 days ago?? smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly