Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused... Imagine that...lol
First we hear DR went to bed right after getting home as he was tired. Then we hear Four a.m., then early then Four a.m. pfft ....which is it. Four a.m. would give good reason for him to be "out like a light" in my opinion. I wish reports would get it straight.

I was wondering why they had not checked Lemon, its alot closer than where they searched. I still think they need to be having people walk Bear Creek though...IMHO

On Nancy Grace last night, in response to a question from her, the police spokesman said DR's Dad said DR was up very late and he wasn't surprised DR didn't wake up early on Monday morning.

On Nancy Grace last night, in response to a question from her, the police spokesman said DR's Dad said DR was up very late and he wasn't surprised DR didn't wake up early on Monday morning.

See that is what is confusing me, its inconsistent...

At 6,035 feet is Colorado Springs
elevation of 8,000 feet is Vallicito.

Not that much difference. Oh well, had a theory. I know when I go into the high country to camp I am totally exhausted the first day, but that is a difference in altitude of over ten thousand feet. I think with the minimal difference it would not have that much effect... Was a thought though.

And Dylan grew up at that elevation and was only 13 and looked pretty fit. So I don't think the elevation hit him too hard. Maybe he had some jet lag, as he didn't fly too often probably.

My main question is still revolving around the lack of communication on Monday between anyone it seems. If dad was planning to come back and give his son a ride, why didnt he leave a note or a phone message, so when he woke up he could get ready to go. But just leaving him because he is asleep, especially when dad knew he went to sleep at 8 pm---seems odd, imo.

And wouldn't dad think his son would be mad when he woke up since he missed the ride to town? Why not call and check in and head off a tantrum?

Got room in that tunnel for two? I'll woman up & help ya eat that crow if we're wrong!

Heck we got more than two in here. Plenty of room. I just turned on the flashlight. Thanks cuz i know i will gag on crow LOL

See that is what is confusing me, its inconsistent...

I wonder if the dad really said that to LE. Or if they misunderstood, when dad said he was up late SATURDAY night.

If dad really did tell them his son was up late sunday night, but he told his friend his son went to sleep early, then it is a red flag, imo.

Something I thought about was whether or not there were any dishes or signs that Dylan had eaten before he left the house that morning. I can't imagine him not eating all that time.

Actually it was the family spokesperson that talked about it here's what she said...

GRACE: OK. That`s interesting. That`s a new fact I didn`t know. I wonder what happened to that plan because the dad left at 7:30 without Dylan.

HESS: The dad said that Dylan had been up fairly late, the evening before he flew -- the night before he flew in to Durango. And he was really tired they had gone to bed. And that he had gotten up in the morning, stirred around the house, made some noise trying to get Dylan up, and Dylan didn`t want to get up and go into town at that time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Something I thought about was whether or not there were any dishes or signs that Dylan had eaten before he left the house that morning. I can't imagine him not eating all that time.

Good point. 13 year olds can clean out a fridge in a day LOL

I have got to believe that LE was looking for recent fingerprints on utensils and tv remotes and computers and toilet flush handles...

Good point. 13 year olds can clean out a fridge in a day LOL

They went to a grocery store that night. So we have to assume he had bought some snacks and fave foods for that night and for breakfast. There should be fingerprints on the cereal boxes and the frozen pizza boxes and the OJ cartons...

Heck we got more than two in here. Plenty of room. I just turned on the flashlight. Thanks cuz i know i will gag on crow LOL

I am trying hard to stay out of the tunnel and to look at other scenarios. But the call of that tunnel is overpowering at times.

I want to imagine he is hiding out at a friends empty cabin somewhere...but...?

HESS: The dad said that Dylan had been up fairly late, the evening before he flew -- the night before he flew in to Durango. And he was really tired they had gone to bed. And that he had gotten up in the morning, stirred around the house, made some noise trying to get Dylan up, and Dylan didn`t want to get up and go into town at that time.

Well that clears that up. But...okay, maybe cause I am a Mom of Four boys. I do not stir around the house to wake up my kids. I go in and with LOUD stern voice say GET UP...lol. Then if they say, I don't want to go. I again bug them, cause they lie when they are half asleep. I say do you understand you are turning down going, I don't want you mad at me later...or something like that. How can you assume from stirring around a house that the kid does not want to go? That makes no sense. HMMMMM

Wouldn't the mom and bro be able to verify if Dylan had been up very late the night before he flew to his dads?
Also was Dylan seen with his dad when they went to buy groceries?

I am trying hard to stay out of the tunnel and to look at other scenarios. But the call of that tunnel is overpowering at times.

Me too. Me too. I do crawl out from time to time. Hoping. Just hoping :please:

And are we sure that EVERYTHING he had packed is not in the house. DR took all with him where ever he is???? See this perplexes me. If I was going to disappear my child (not that I ever would) I would be sure to have his things at my home to show he was there, this makes no sense at all....IMHO

Don't stare directly into the flashlight...

Well that clears that up. But...okay, maybe cause I am a Mom of Four boys. I do not stir around the house to wake up my kids. I go in and with LOUD stern voice say GET UP...lol. Then if they say, I don't want to go. I again bug them, cause they lie when they are half asleep. I say do you understand you are turning down going, I don't want you mad at me later...or something like that. How can you assume from stirring around a house that the kid does not want to go? That makes no sense. HMMMMM

You are so right. When my kids were that age they were impossible to wake up. And they were very grumpy and rude. I used to yell, but then my DH figured out the perfect way to get them to wake up. He would bring a plate of sizzling bacon into the room and they would bolt upright, ready to go. LOL

I don't get the feeling that Dad tried too hard to wake Dylan up at 7:30. Dad apparently had appts that morning so he probably couldnt take him to his friends anyway without being late. So the easiest thing was to just go and deal with it all later.

I'm rambling .. again. disclaimer.. my scenarios are fiction .. I'm only looking at things from different perspectives.

If Dad is innocent:

Suppose: Dylan is tired, goes straight to bed. Dad gets up in am, can't roust Dylan, goes into town. He comes home and Dylan is gone. The ex and older son is texting because they are trying to reach Dylan. He doesn't want to deal with his ex .. (and maybe for good reason) .. so he'll find Dylan and have HIM call/text her. He can't find Dylan. Ex is still texting/calling. He still can't find Dylan. He's starting to freak .. goes to cops. They call ex. Ex fingers him ... He almost acts like he's used to "being in trouble" with her.. maybe that's why we didn't get the reaction we expected from him.

On the other hand .. and from mom's possible perspective:

Suppose: Dad is mild mannered to most who "know" him ... but his family sees a different side of him. (I've known men like this) .. Maybe he has a dark broody side and a slow burn. Maybe she knows that this custody thing is eating him and their words to each other are not-so-nice. He's not good at communicating things to her when Dylan is visiting .. and now he's further away and dealing with another custody blow. Dylan arrives at airport and is picked up by dad. Then no texts, no calls answered, no communication and she starts to freak. When LE calls her to tell her her son is missing she thinks the worse.. and says so. And it's on .....

I have another scenario that totally nags at me, but I'm not comfortable sharing at this time ...

*Welcome to my head*

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads