CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they get some unknown fingerprints from the truck or home, what are they going to compare them to?
Presumably they don't even have Dylan's fingerprints for comparison.

You compare Dylan's fingerprint to his own and see if they match.

You take a sample off his baseball equipment for example and examine the contents in MR's house to verify whether Dylan slept there Sunday night? JMO

I'm one of them. I'll admit it.
I was thrilled to see video
from Walmart proving what MR said . :)
Relieved.

OK, so great, it was true what he said about Walmart. Does this really matter? I don't think it gives any more credibility, and honestly I was hoping to see these more on the lines of looking at time frames and perhaps dad or Dylan was holding a phone or something.

I have never doubted that dad was correct when he said they went to Walmart and McDonalds. These are things everyone knows can be proved.

I haven't doubted that dad ran his errands as he stated. I think we all know that if we say we went to the store or went to the doctor's office or went to the attorneys office, these are things LE is going to try to verify.

That is another thing I always question when children go missing. Nine times out of ten LE never comes out and warns the public. They never did in Jessica Lunsford, Van Dam, Smart, Greone cases either and all along the predators were running loose.

Maybe they think that it is just commonsense that parents will be more protective of their children when they know a child is missing. The only case I can remember recently that they did warn the community was in Jessica Ridgeway's case.

IMO

I think I have read that LE is hesitant to publicly announce that a killer is on the loose because the announcement itself can stir up panic in the community... Creating more havoc... Unfounded tips... Vigilante activity..than warrants the situation...

IMO...JMO...MOO

Yes .. somewhere in threads-gone-by she explained that someone saw her go in the lake and never came up .. they never found her body..

creepy, huh?

The witnesses were so traumatized. They felt so helpless. They were on the other side on the bank all the way across the huge lake when they saw her jump in and not come up. They immediately called 911 on their cell phones. By the time LE arrived they couldnt see her anywhere and got the dogs out right away.

They had to give sworn statements to the Probate Judge and the ME declared her deceased due to suicide by drowning. I still miss seeing her. She was a sweet lady in her late 70s who had terminal cancer.:(

IMO

The Task Force is still requesting any recreational video footage or photographs that include vehicles traveling on any routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19.

They could be looking for video footage of MR's vehicle.

This has probably been mentioned, but...they could be checking to see if they find footage of MR's vehicle in an unexpected location (notice they ask for "any routes"). Just in case they turn up video of him making an unusual detour (maybe to a secluded area off the beaten path - notice they also say "recreational video" which could come from outdoorspeople in more remote areas).

OK, so great, it was true what he said about Walmart. Does this really matter? I don't think it gives any more credibility, and honestly I was hoping to see these more on the lines of looking at time frames and perhaps dad or Dylan was holding a phone or something.

LOL I agree. The photo's in Walmart and the airport did nothing for me. For some reason, I never assumed he was lying about that.

That is another thing I always question when children go missing. Nine times out of ten LE never comes out and warns the public. They never did in Jessica Lunsford, Van Dam, Smart, Greone cases either and all along the predators were running loose.

Maybe they think that it is just commonsense that parents will be more protective of their children when they know a child is missing. The only case I can remember recently that they did warn the community was in Jessica Ridgeway's case.

IMO

I think I have read that LE is hesitant to publicly announce that a killer is on the loose because the announcement itself can stir up panic in the community... Creating more havoc... Unfounded tips... Vigilante activity..than warrants the situation...

ETA... and politically/financially speaking... This kind of public announcement does not help the tourist industry any....if a community is dependent on tourism for income...IYKWIM...

IMO...JMO...MOO

The witnesses were so traumatized. They felt so helpless. They were on the other side on the bank all the way across the huge lake when they saw her jump in and not come up. They immediately called 911 on their cell phones. By the time LE arrived they couldnt see her anywhere and got the dogs out right away.

They had to give sworn statements to the Probate Judge and the ME declared her deceased due to suicide by drowning. I still miss seeing her. She was a sweet lady in her late 70s who had terminal cancer.:(

IMO

What a sad story!

About LE wanting tapes or pics.....how many people are filming or taking pics at night??

Yes, it appears MR was telling the truth about taking Dylan to Walmart. There are still question marks in my mind about other things but the Walmart piece, that seems to be true.

About LE wanting tapes or pics.....how many people are filming or taking pics at night??

Probably not many, but some take pix/vids of Christmas lights at night, for example.

IMO...JMO...MOO

That may be some of it because they sure dont do it often in missing person cases.

They wont even do it when an adult is murdered that looked like a break in or robbery. I remember when the Texas real estate agent, Sara Walker, was viciously stabbed and blugeoned to death in a model home they never warned the public. And the killer turned out to be an ex-felon who had gone there to rob her when he saw her open up the home and she was alone. He just happened to be passing by. That is how most crimes happen......they are crimes of opportunity. Many at that time thought for certain her ex-husband was the guilty party even though LE had many fingerprints in blood that the real killer left behind.

And LE can be flat wrong too. When the Husted parents were murdered LE said not to worry and this was a targeted hit as if to imply it was someone they knew. Well it wasnt and it was awhile before he was caught and he had been doing home invasions before and after he killed the Husted parents in cold blood.:(

IMO

My thought was that some hunters (and nature lovers) put motion-sensitive cameras on their land. That could factor in checking to make sure MR wasn't in some remote area where LE wouldn't expect him to be.

ETA... and politically/financially speaking... This kind of public announcement does not help the tourist industry any....if a community is dependent on tourism for income...IYKWIM...

IMO...JMO...MOO

Do you know how upset I would be if my own LE did not let me know they suspect a killer is on the loose?? I would be enraged if I lived there and this ended up being the case! Especially since I have a daughter!

I honestly dont think THEY are looking for one particular vehicle. All they had to do is come out and give a description of the vehicle. It would cut to the chase and cutout a lot of wasted man hours to boot.

I have found these investigators are thorough and have had open minds from the get go. A very refreshing thing to see nowadays. I dont think they have just assumed that MR has done this. For all we know they may be thinking that someone on the other side of his family abducted Dylan so MR would lose his visitation rights completely. I dont think they are dismissing anything other than he did not runaway.

LE doesnt prove cases on assumptions and speculations imo. They look for facts. They have stressed clearly everytime they have spoken out that MR is not considered a suspect and its nice to see even the media in this case makes sure that is included in their articles everytime.

IMO

Well we can agree to disagree!

If they come out and say what vehicle they are looking for they will be saying he or she is a possible POI nd i dont think they want to do that yet.

JMO

Do you know how upset I would be if my own LE did not let me know they suspect a killer is on the loose?? I would be enraged if I lived there and this ended up being the case! Especially since I have a daughter!

I think if that was the case they would say so.
I think they have a focus on someone.

What a sad story!

It really is heartbreaking and it happened on Christmas Eve. She had just recently lost her hubby she had been married to for over 50 years and then she was battling terminal cancer. I just think she wanted to end it all and go to heaven and be with her husband. They did everything together.

I feel sadness this time a year when I think of her.

I just wish for her children's sake they could have found her. That has been the hardest part for them to endure.

IMO

I see this said on every missing person case. Do they ever announce this to the public? And wouldn't you be more enraged if they did announce this to the public and because of it the killer gets away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321