CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If, during his plane ride, he wore the clothes found on the sofa, police wouldn't be saying that he might have been wearing them when he went missing.
They know exactly what clothing he had on at the airport. So if they had that clothing from the house, they would know that he was not wearing the same clothing when he went missing.

You're completely right, jenny. I feel like a doofus now.

So from whom did the original report of the Nike shirt come from?

Rhetorical question: Was that the shirt that was found on the sofa in MR's home? Or was it misreporting by the media?

You're completely right, jenny. I feel like a doofus now.

So where did the original description of the Nike shirt come from?

Rhetorical question: Was that the shirt that was found on the sofa in MR's home? Or was it misreporting by the media?

I think Nike shirt was a mistake. They presumably asked either his mother or father to describe his clothing. It's hard to remember every detail.

Wow, this is the first time I heard Mark say he waited until 7:30 a.m. but still couldn't rouse his son. His story keeps changing. ER said her son would have gotten up because he wouldn't want to miss a ride with his dad.

He's always said that. The press said differently before he ever spoke to them.

You can look at the photos from airport and walmart. They are describing what he was wearing there. They also believe he was wearing the same thing when he went missing.

"Detectives say Redwine is wearing the same clothes the day he went missing as he is in the two photos."
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/northwest/new-photos-released-of-missing-boy

Here's what I would like to know: why are investigators so convinced that Dylan was wearing the same clothes on the day he was reported missing (November 19th) as he was in the November 18th CCTV images, since there haven't been any verified independent sightings of Dylan beyond November 18th (that the public is aware of)?

Unless investigators believe Dylan went missing Sunday November 18th, I don't understand how they can ascertain that he was wearing the same clothes on the 19th, since as far as anyone knows, no one but MR saw Dylan on the morning of the 19th.

Sleuthing the father is not allowed. The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe

and brought home!!!

BUMPING UP...

please review

Here's what I would like to know: why are investigators so convinced that Dylan was wearing the same clothes in the CCTV images as he was the day he was reported missing, since there haven't been any verified independent sightings of Dylan beyond November 18th (that the public is aware of)?

Unless investigators believe Dylan went missing Sunday November 18th, I don't understand how they can ascertain that he was wearing the same clothes, since as far as anyone knows, no one but MR saw Dylan on the morning of the 19th.

They see him on video wearing certain clothing. They look at the house, father says some items were left behind. If items left behind are not the same he is wearing on video, then they can conclude he was wearing the same clothes when he went missing as he was wearing on video.

Here's what I would like to know: why are investigators so convinced that Dylan was wearing the same clothes in the November 18th CCTV images as he was the day he was reported missing - November 19th, since there haven't been any verified independent sightings of Dylan beyond November 18th (that the public is aware of)?

Unless investigators believe Dylan went missing Sunday November 18th, I don't understand how they can ascertain that he was wearing the same clothes, since as far as anyone knows, no one but MR saw Dylan on the morning of the 19th.

I guess MR wasn't able to find those clothes in his home, so either he's still wearing them, or he changed and stuffed his dirty clothes in his backpack before he left.
moo

They see him on video wearing certain clothing. They look at the house, father says some items were left behind. If items left behind are not the same he is wearing on video, then they can conclude he was wearing the same clothes when he went missing as he was wearing on video.

But according to media reports, his backpack with his clothing is missing.

If the items left behind on the sofa aren't what he was wearing in the video footage, are we to assume he only packed one change of clothes for a week long visit?

I guess MR wasn't able to find those clothes in his home, so either he's still wearing them, or he changed and stuffed his dirty clothes in his backpack before he left.
moo

While leaving some other, presumably clean clothing on the couch? That doesn't seem very likely. Also, if that backpack is all he had, he didn't have a lot of clothing with him.

But according to media reports, his backpack with his clothing is missing.

If the items left behind on the sofa aren't what he was wearing in the video footage, are we to assume he only packed one change of clothes for a week long visit?

If all he had is that backpack, that wouldn't surprise me.
I know we only see part of it in the airport photo, but it didn't look that big to me.

While leaving some other, presumably clean clothing on the couch? That doesn't seem very likely. Also, if that backpack is all he had, he didn't have a lot of clothing with him.

Yeah, I don't get why he would pack his dirty clothes and leave his clean clothes behind. But he is 13, so who knows.

If he's staying with his dad, he'd have access to a washing machine.

If I go stay someplace for a week or so and it has a washer/dryer, I take two changes of clothes and just do laundry. Easier than lugging a week's worth of clothes around.

If the ipod is Dylan's, I fear he did not leave the house under his own power. What teenager is going to set off on foot without their ipod? AND no use of his phone. If LE knows it is his, that may be one more reason they don't believe he ran away, fell into a hole, etc.

I used to send my kids on a plane ride to see their g-parents every summer. They would only take backpacks for their 10 day stay. I could easily fit a few pairs of pants and shorts and 3 or 4 shirts and a sweatshirt in one backpack. And still have room for their iPods, cellphones and shoes.

If the ipod is Dylan's, I fear he did not leave the house under his own power. What teenager is going to set off on foot without their ipod? AND no use of his phone. If LE knows it is his, that may be one more reason they don't believe he ran away, fell into a hole, etc.

We don't know whose ipod it was. Possibly father had his own ipod.
Older people have ipods too, not just teenagers.
I am sure police know, though.

moo

I thought detectives concluded that he was wearing the same clothes when he went missing as he was when his images were captured on CCTV @ the airport & at walmart.

What "dirty clothes" would he have then stuffed into his backpack (after obstensibly "changing") before he left (since LE seems to believe that he was wearing the same clothes when he disappeared)?

We don't know whose ipod it was. Possibly father had his own ipod.
Older people have ipods too, not just teenagers.
I am sure police know, though.

I know, that is why I said "if."

If he's staying with his dad, he'd have access to a washing machine.

If I go stay someplace for a week or so and it has a washer/dryer, I take two changes of clothes and just do laundry. Easier than lugging a week's worth of clothes around.

I can understand that. I'm still tryig to work out the logic of why LE has determined that Dylan went missing in the same clothing he was wearing when he was picked up at the airport & was seen wearing in Walmart video footage.

I suppose until his mother comes forward to state that he only packed one change of clothing, I'll continue to have questions about the clothing.

I can understand that. I'm still tryig to work out the logic of why LE has determined that Dylan went missing in the same clothing he was wearing when he was picked up at the airport & was seen wearing in Walmart video footage.

It WAS the last clothing he was seen wearing. I think we are overthinking what LE is saying.

Confusion,
You have every right to post an outline. You did a great job. I like things laid out in an orderly fashion like you worked so hard on. It puts a lot of information that is jumbled in our brains in a nice, easy to read reference guide. Please do not feel you have to defend your work. I am glad you reposted.

I completely agree.

When it comes down to it, none of us know where Dylan is or what happened. There has been so little information released that it's incredibly difficult to hypothesize what might have happened, so there is absolutely NO WAY of knowing at this stage who (if any) of us are 'right'. Until we have more information to work with all we can do is throw around possibilities, and seeing your post with everything clearly laid out helped me a lot. EVEN IF some of it may not be correct (which really, no one entirely knows for sure anyway).

I appreciate the effort you put in, and I'm glad you put it back up. Everyone is entitled to post their own opinions. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005