CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Retribution would be more of a planned thing. You risk bringing alot of attention on yourself if your child goes missing immediately after you pick him up, immediately after you lose custody to his mother, and immediately after you have to go to court enforce getting your holiday because mom and son fight it. The potential motives work (anger over losing your rights, disappointment over putting so much money into a custody battle [extremely expensive! Especially long distance], wanting mom to know just how much pain is felt when you lose a child because she made him go through that, etc), but the timing seems less likely.

I totally agree. There are so many reasons why this doesn't make sense. Yet, that is what ER said about MR in one of her very first interviews:

Elaine Redwine told ABC News she believes her ex-husband was upset that she was the court-mandated primary custodian of their son.

"I don't think Mark treats him very well," Elaine Redwine said. "I would not put it past Mark to have done something to remove Dylan from the situation. You know, like 'if I can't have him, nobody will.'"

If you follow that line of thought, this was a premeditated act to seek retribution against her. I'm not the one who was suggesting it, she was.

Catching up on this last thread has been really disheartening, after reading Sgt Bender's latest statements. Especially after hearing the news about Lyric and Elizabeth I felt the hope knocked out of me. My heart hurts for our kids whose lives and futures are being so viciously robbed and their families who are being put through such wicked hell... I've remained somewhat skeptical of what LE has been saying to the public, unsure if its lack of leads or a strategy but Sgt Bender's comments are pretty telling, imo. Noone will give up until Dylan is found and brought home and I hope that whoever is involved in this "foul play" is so haunted by their actions, stumbling and falling sooner than later.

I'm continuing to pray for the Redwines ... and the families in Iowa... and all of our missing, hurting, and shattered families.

Elaine Redwine said. "I would not put it past Mark to have done something to remove Dylan from the situation. You know, like 'if I can't have him, nobody will.'"

So her comment was "I would not put it past him" not "I think he did something to him". To me those are different.

I totally agree. There are so many reasons why this doesn't make sense. Yet, that is what ER said about MR in one of her very first interviews:

Elaine Redwine told ABC News she believes her ex-husband was upset that she was the court-mandated primary custodian of their son.

"I don't think Mark treats him very well," Elaine Redwine said. "I would not put it past Mark to have done something to remove Dylan from the situation. You know, like 'if I can't have him, nobody will.'"

If you follow that line of thought, this was a premeditated act to seek retribution against her. I'm not the one who was suggesting it, she was.

But in the same interview, she lso said that her ex had a bad temper and she worried that Dylan might have said something his dad didnt want to hear. So she also floated the accident theory, imo.

Rehashing everything again, I must say I've pretty much decided that these options are very unlikely given the evidence we know about:

1. Dylan exiting the house on his own

2. Accidental death

3. Running away, or fishing

4. Hitchhiking

Which leaves:

5. Kidnapped from inside his home

6. Parent involvement in his disappearance.

#1 -
I don't believe Dylan left the house on his own, because there is no note left for dad, and Dylan's phone goes off at 8pm the night before
-He doesn't even turn it on to check his text messages, voice mails, or email. He has a charging cord - on most phones if you plug a dead phone in with the cord, you can turn it on while plugged in. Even ones that need to be charged can be turned on after a couple of minutes while plugged in. A 13 year old at least checks his text messages first thing. So dead battery is unlikely to be the problem.
-He's just stood up his friends, and doesn't call or text or even email them to make new plans? Or ask where they'll be, or if they'll even be available? Again, you can turn on a phone that is plugged in, so he had all their contact info available. He calls no one? He emails no one? He doesn't even turn his phone on so they can contact him?
-He wants to set up a new time to meet his friends. Instead of calling Dad to see when he'll be back, or letting him know he's going to go fishing while waiting, he doesn't even turn his phone on?

#2 Accidental death was pretty much ruled out by everyone. Cadaver dogs and volunteers would have found something on dry land.

#3 Running away was ruled out by everyone. He'd have contacted someone, had no reason to run away or place to go to, didn't take the ipod (even if it's not yours, if you are running away you probably steal it).

#4 Hitchhiking
- see #1.
- Also he was likely wearing black shorts and a t-shirt. No mention of any coat, and no coat shown in photos from the night before, when it was colder outside. The temperature in Durango that day is reported to be between 22F and 54F, with an average of 38F. I don't think you head out in shorts with the plans to hitchhike for a 45 minute drive (possibly with stops between because hitchhiking is generally a multipart process) when the temperature is that low.
- I also don't believe a kid plans to hitchhike for such a long drive (at least 30-45 minutes, but possibly up to an hour or more depending on where in bayfield).
- I also don't see a kid being likely to bring a fishing pole along during hitchhiking.
- Even if a kid made the mistake of hitchhiking, what are the odds the first car that comes along is a predator prepared to kidnap a child at a moments notice? And statistically this means an adult male. Would a child who knows not to hitchhike because it's dangerous but decides to do it anyways really get into a car with a single adult male? I'd pass and wait for the woman with kids in the next minivan.
- Why leave the ipod behind? Hitchhiking implies you'll be doing some walking between rides. You take the dead phone and charger, but leave the ipod?
- Most kids do not hitchhike.
- Mom reminded him not to hitchhike.

Am I missing anything.

It is rather startling to hear a mother say that the father does not treat his son very well-did no one ask follow-up questions? What did she mean by this?

Exactly! What parent would direct us in any direction unless they believed it?!?!?
Trust me! She is suspicious of her ex husband!
I have lived thru this, with the courts protecting the violent fathers rights rather than the child's. It was so so scary we finally made a deal with the dad. No child support, insurance, etc. No contact.
This was done out of court. Court stuff and parental rights....awful! Our babies need to be protected, not used as a pawn in the game!
Again, jmo and exhausted

It is rather startling to hear a mother say that the father does not treat his son very well-did no one ask follow-up questions? What did she mean by this?

Thank you for saying this!
An abuser can abuse in so many ways!
I just don't know to what extremes I might go if I felt my ex didn't treat my baby very well and I had to by court orders allow my baby to be alone with him!
And now look! Dylan is missing!!!
Jmo

Let's look at the absolutes that we know.
Dad gets court ordered visitation for Dylan over thanksgiving. (what caused these parents to need to go to court over this, something from the sept visit?)
Dylan flies in alone
Dylan texts his mom
Dylan and dad go to walmart
Dylan is missing
Dad says his fishing pole is also missing.
Dads home is searched
Mom suspects dad
Waters are searched
Dads home is searched again be sW
Mom states they were both given LD she passed
Waters are searched again.
Please add whatever might have been left out.
My gut tells me Dylan is in a body of water.
Jmo

I think the fact that multiple cadaver air scent dogs hit OVER the biggest body of water (it looks maybe 4 miles long to me?)supports that also. If Dylan is not in there, I think somebody else is. Is the dam something you can walk out onto?

It's very difficult to find bodies in water as it is, but that body of water is enormous. Bodies sink at first (lung fills with water), but then eventually come up and start to float as bacteria makes gasses. And it's really cold right now. So I suspect the water will be at least visually researched on a regular basis until something is found that matches the source of the cadaver dog's hits. Hopefully it will be some random suicide victim from many years ago and not be related to this case.

I noticed this little insignificant nugget in an article a few days back; it's still insignificant but I thought I'd point it out..

Dad's oldest son (not Cory) from another marriage, I believe from Arizona is named Nicholas - that's Dylan's middle name, too.

Sentimental name in my family and stuck out in my mind as a shared name between those two. I wonder if they are close... someone else who's been having a rough time, I imagine :-(

. . . . . .
My gut tells me Dylan is in a body of water.
Jmo

If he IS in a body of water, isn't there kind of a "timetable" as to how much time passes before a submerged body is expected to surface? This is obviously assuming that a body would not be caught on limbs, etc. And I think the water temperature has a lot to do with this but I can't remember the details.

Dylan's disappearance surely is a puzzle. Reminds me somehow of the puzzling disappearance of another cute guy, Kyron H. :(

Dylan responsibly texted his mom that he had landed safely.
Don't you think if he would have gone out to fish (hence his fishing pole missing) he would have responsibly told someone?

Dylan responsibly texted his mom that he had landed safely.
Don't you think if he would have gone out to fish (hence his fishing pole missing) he would have responsibly told someone?

And, according to dad, he knew his dad was coming back at 11 to pick him up. The lake was a long hike. Wouldnt he leave dad a note, in case he didn't get back in time?

If you have time, you can find Dylan's friends on his Facebook page. Several of them have albums in which Dylan is pictured. One album in particular depicts Dylan and his friends riding around on a trailer pulled by an ATV. There are at least 30-40 pictures. In several of them, Dylan's friends are laughing and smiling. It is interesting to note that of the pictures that include Dylan, he is NOT smiling. Not once. In fact, he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else!! I do not know that is how he felt, or if this is his natural demeanor. It might be his way of "looking cool." I have seen some other pictures in which Dylan is sporting a smirk-ish smile, but never a full, molar-showing grin. Because of the pictures I have viewed, I would say that it is quite impossible to gauge Dylan's emotions, much less other speculations, based on photographs of him. He was captured with his very best friends (the one who made the video) and presented with the exact same demeanor as the surveillance footage.

I cannot link any of said albums due to the fact that they belong to minors, but they are easy to find if you start on Dylan's page as a reference point.

I noticed that too, and the fact that in many of the pix, Dylan was holding, petting or near a pet/animal.

Didn't think too much about it at the time, just ran thru my mind. He looked like I did in my childhood pix.

Don't know if that means anything.

But in the same interview, she lso said that her ex had a bad temper and she worried that Dylan might have said something his dad didnt want to hear. So she also floated the accident theory, imo.

That's true. I just think it's so sad that she even thought it was a possibility and put it out there publicly.

I find it very easy to believe that MR and Dylan may have been cross with one another that weekend. I just hope that her early accusations didn't cause MR to shut down in his interviews with LE.

I think the fact that multiple cadaver air scent dogs hit OVER the biggest body of water (it looks maybe 4 miles long to me?)supports that also. If Dylan is not in there, I think somebody else is. Is the dam something you can walk out onto?

It's very difficult to find bodies in water as it is, but that body of water is enormous. Bodies sink at first (lung fills with water), but then eventually come up and start to float as bacteria makes gasses. And it's really cold right now. So I suspect the water will be at least visually researched on a regular basis until something is found that matches the source of the cadaver dog's hits. Hopefully it will be some random suicide victim from many years ago and not be related to this case.

Thank you. I learn something everyday on thus site!
My gut keeps telling me that when dad said his fishing pole was missing, it was to lead us to a body of water.
Just my gut feeling.

Respectfully, SOME ex-wives will say anything about their ex to make themselves look better, or just to make him look bad. And some women have vivid imaginations when it comes to someone they once loved and then divorced, when it comes to their kids.
I don't necessarily disbelieve what she's saying, but I think she has let things sort of escalate in her mind because of her fear and frustration. If Dylan were to turn up alive and well, I'm sure she would step back and say, "oh, I never really believed Mark would hurt him... I was just so scared at the time." Almost guarantee it.

I was just at Walmart the other day, and I'd sure hate to see any video of my expression in there. My sons always hated it when they had to go with me to get groceries - it was boring, and they'd prefer to shop for more fun stuff.

I hope something else comes up soon so we can move away from just arguing about whether dad's a bad guy, and if he "did something" to Dylan. I believe Dylan did hitchhike before and his mother knew about it. I knew many people who did years ago, but I never talked to my sons about it; if I ever believed they would/did, I definitely would have. That's just based on my own experiences, and it doesn't mean that she really did know. Just like so many other people base their opinions of MR on their own experiences; which don't prove that he's like the people from their pasts.

I do have my own suspicions (not one of the parents), but I'll keep them to myself until someone is named as a suspect. MOO

No, I think it has to do with Elizabeth & Lyric being found. :(

???? They were? I've been so busy over here. Not scaling down here, petsonky everything has been beaten to death here....and until we haveore info there's not a lot to say that hasn't been said already.

If he IS in a body of water, isn't there kind of a "timetable" as to how much time passes before a submerged body is expected to surface? This is obviously assuming that a body would not be caught on limbs, etc. And I think the water temperature has a lot to do with this but I can't remember the details.

Dylan's disappearance surely is a puzzle. Reminds me somehow of the puzzling disappearance of another cute guy, Kyron H. :(

"Factors that effect the length of time for a body to surface after drowning include fat content, consumption of beverages and food preceding death, water temperature at the bottom, and depth at the location. Recent meals high in carbohydrates (e.g., candy, beer, and potato chips) nourish certain bacteria that will encourage quick refloat.6 In warm and shallow water, the gases within the body form rapidly, resulting in a possible rise to the surface within a day or two. In deep and cold water, bacterial action takes place slowly, and the corpse may not appear for several weeks.

Quoted from http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/400990/drowning_investigations/ - an article by Gary Haupt named "Drowning Investigations".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member