CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE would have no reason to show Dylan's father in Walmart; if Dylan was there, his father was there with him, and he (Dad) is not missing.

Playing devil's advocate, there is no evidence in that picture that Mark is in that store with him. Since we are entertaining other possibilities, who's to say that Mark didn't send Dylan in there alone to grab one thing for him while dad waited for him in the car? Dylan never makes it back to the car, dad freaks out because he would have no clue who took Dylan, what kind of car they were driving, and so on.

I'm still trying to think of something, but keep coming up short. Have read these threads off and on and have seen many say that the other paths they try end up leading them back to the dad.

I'm curious to why Dylan's fishing pole was important to Mark at the beginning (why didn't they search the lake sooner since he likely had his fishing pole with him, he said) but now we aren't hearing anything else about it? Has it been located either out and about or in dad's house? How would they know for sure if there was a fishing pole that belonged to Dylan specifically? If it was dad's pole and he let Dylan use it, his prints would be on it. This is something I have wanted answers to.

Another question. LE calls this a criminal investigation. Wouldn't that implore Mark to plead for whoever abducted Dylan to return him safely? Why hasn't he? I can understand why Elaine would not, but why not Mark?

Why not? :waitasec:

Playing devil's advocate, there is no evidence in that picture that Mark is in that store with him. Since we are entertaining other possibilities, who's to say that Mark didn't send Dylan in there alone to grab one thing for him while dad waited for him in the car? Dylan never makes it back to the car, dad freaks out because he would have no clue who took Dylan, what kind of car they were driving, and so on.

IMO, this is quite a foolish idea.

No clear details have really been released about the clothing. What I got was that there were clothes tucked behind the couch when Mark got home. And LE suspected Dylan was wearing the same clothes he did not the plane when he disappeared - but they have not said why he would be wearing the same clothes.

My best guess (if you are going with the Mark is telling the truth scenario) is he changed into some pjs. Then that morning changed back into his clothes from the day before, because he likes them. Maybe they think that because he didn't leave them behind and probably wouldn't pack dirty clothes in his backpack for any reason. And maybe it appears he didn't take any other clothes with him.

True, but the ones that did report what he was wearing were accurate. (the basketball shorts, duke hat, the tennis shoes, backpack).

Hmmm, interesting about the clothes behind the couch. Because if thats the case, wouldn't those be usable to get Dylan's scent for the search dogs? If Dylan put them there because he was a slob and didn't want to get yelled at for not putting them away (if there was such a place) ... but would dad look behind the couch?

If he handled and packed his clothes, does that leave enough scent on them?

Dad also said Dylan slept on the couch? Does Dylan not have his own room there? If not, is that why dad would not have any of Dyan's clothes at his house? No dresser to put them in?

why would MR then not contact LE at that point in time?

I agree. I've been personally desperately searching for every little shrivel of evidence that points to the possibility that Dylan was not harmed by his father. I'm just struggling to find anything, at all. Every day I start out hopeful, and another bit of information comes out that smashes my hope to bits.

I think it just seems like we are talking so much about Dad because there is very little evidence in the columns to support other theories so far. Do we have any factors that point to Dad not being involved besides LE saying they haven't officially named him (or anyone) as a suspect or POI?

You know, I haven't seen one bit of evidence pointing to the possibility that Mark Redwine harmed Dylan.

I do have something - the boys said they Dylan would probably not be afraid to hitchhike. I've ruled this out personally in my head for other reasons (I listed previously in detail) but they did say that. And there was the one person who saw someone "flee" at some point.

Now that I think about it though, Mark was the first to talk to Dylan's friends, and did that before talking to anyone else. It would have been fairly easy for him to plant that suggestion during their conversation.

Personally, I speculate Mark didn't start talking hitchhiker until a few days in - after police pointed out that the other options were very unlikely (i.e. chances of a kidnapper breaking into a rural home and stealing an older child on the first day he's visiting from out of town without leaving any evidence in the few hours he's home alone , or the chance that Dylan would not contact anyone via any means after 8pm the night before and then run away). Do we know when he first stated the possibility of a hitchhiking-kidnap publically?

How do we know they both have been going at it for years? Or that either of them have alienated the kids against the other?

When NG asked Denise Hess if the relationship between MR and ER was still contentious, she said yes, they have been back and forth over a few things and when NG asked her if one of the issues they fought over was Dylan, she said "Yes, after ER gained primary custodial rights."

<snipped>

GRACE: Everyone, with me, close friend of the family, Denise Hess, and Denise, what is the relationship between the mother and the father? Is that still contentious?

HESS: Yes, they -- they`ve been back and forth over a few things. You know, a lot of divorces get nasty and messy and, you know, it`s unfortunate that people can`t always get along. But I don`t know that -- I don`t know. I don`t know how to answer that.

GRACE: Was one of the issues they fought about Dylan?

HESS: Not really to my knowledge until Elaine was awarded custody of Dylan and then Mark went and asked for visitation rights. That`s the only thing I know of.

GRACE: How did the mom manage to get full custody?

HESS: I don`t know. I think that I need to clarify that she had -- it`s primary custodial rights.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

why would MR then not contact LE at that point in time?

What would look more favorable to an ex? Losing your child in a public place not even hours after getting off a plane, with video cameras, or your house out in the boondocks, while you were 'out running errands'?

If LE is wondering about that 6:00 p.m. on time from Sunday night on ... ???

True, but the ones that did report what he was wearing were accurate. (the basketball shorts, duke hat, the tennis shoes, backpack).

Hmmm, interesting about the clothes behind the couch. Because if thats the case, wouldn't those be usable to get Dylan's scent for the search dogs? If Dylan put them there because he was a slob and didn't want to get yelled at for not putting them away (if there was such a place) ... but would dad look behind the couch?

If he handled and packed his clothes, does that leave enough scent on them?

Dad also said Dylan slept on the couch? Does Dylan not have his own room there? If not, is that why dad would not have any of Dyan's clothes at his house? No dresser to put them in?

my guess is that Dad didn't have clothes at his house for Dylan, boys of that agfe can change sizes quite rapidly and if visits are sporadic then he could have outgrown any clothes there.

Lots of kids who go on access visits take clothes with them. Its funny because the only clothes my ex had for our daughter at his place were ones that I supplied, he didn't think to take her shopping for clothes or shoes. Only a few weeks ago my daughter who is now 18 discovered her dad still had some of her clothes there from when she was only 9 or 10.

What would look more favorable to an ex? Losing your child in a public place not even hours after getting off a plane, with video cameras, or your house out in the boondocks, while you were 'out running errands'?

Neither one would look favorable to ex. And any normal person is going to report a child missing from a place where this child actually went missing, instead of coming up with some wild story that had nothing to do with reality.

I do have something - the boys said they Dylan would probably not be afraid to hitchhike. I've ruled this out personally in my head for other reasons (I listed previously in detail) but they did say that. And there was the one person who saw someone "flee" at some point.

Now that I think about it though, Mark was the first to talk to Dylan's friends, and did that before talking to anyone else. It would have been fairly easy for him to plant that suggestion during their conversation.

Personally, I speculate Mark didn't start talking hitchhiker until a few days in - after police pointed out that the other options were very unlikely (i.e. chances of a kidnapper breaking into a rural home and stealing an older child on the first day he's visiting from out of town without leaving any evidence in the few hours he's home alone , or the chance that Dylan would not contact anyone via any means after 8pm the night before and then run away). Do we know when he first stated the possibility of a hitchhiking-kidnap publically?
BBM

I've never heard him say it; I've only heard him say he still couldn't wrap his head around it or something like that. It's been only the friends who have thought he might.

I do not believe a teenage boy could be kidnapped from a Walmart without a little bit of noise and/or fuss.

it would be a whole lot easier to prove you're being honest somewhere that theres cameras don't you think?

Because your posting led me to believe that you think MR would not have reported it. That's foolish to me.

But see to me its not; they didn't get along, he may have been afraid of letting her know he lost Dylan that quickly getting into Durango, is all. What if he wanted time to think of how he was going to tell Elaine about it?

He said he came home from errands Monday at 11:30 and Dylan was not there. Yet he waited till around 4:30 or so before telling Elaine that Dylan was missing. Why didn't he give her the opportunity to come to Vallecito sooner to start helping to search for Dylan? Thats about a 5 hour time span she could have helped look, talking to his friends and so on.

When NG asked Denise Hess if the relationship between MR and ER was still contentious, she said yes, they have been back and forth over a few things and when NG asked her if one of the issues they fought over was Dylan, she said "Yes, after ER gained primary custodial rights."

<snipped>

GRACE: Everyone, with me, close friend of the family, Denise Hess, and Denise, what is the relationship between the mother and the father? Is that still contentious?

HESS: Yes, they -- they`ve been back and forth over a few things. You know, a lot of divorces get nasty and messy and, you know, it`s unfortunate that people can`t always get along. But I don`t know that -- I don`t know. I don`t know how to answer that.

GRACE: Was one of the issues they fought about Dylan?

HESS: Not really to my knowledge until Elaine was awarded custody of Dylan and then Mark went and asked for visitation rights. That`s the only thing I know of.

GRACE: How did the mom manage to get full custody?

HESS: I don`t know. I think that I need to clarify that she had -- it`s primary custodial rights.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html
BBM

What she actually said was they didn't fight over Dylan until "Elaine was awarded custody and then Mark went and asked for visitation rights." That sounds more like they fought after he was awarded visitation, not after she was awarded custody. MOO

I do not believe a teenage boy could be kidnapped from a Walmart without a little bit of noise and/or fuss.

Gunpoint? Knife? Dylan, something happened to your dad in the parking lot, come with us. Afterall, this scenario was given for the house abduction scenario, why not at a store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108