CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to note how much slower the comments are compared to some days ago.
It must mean that many posters are also ' scaling' down in their minds. :(

I don't think that's fair. I'm sure everyone is thinking about Dylan but with nothing to work with, what can people do? I dip in and out of here but it's pretty much always the same debates going round and round. I can't physically search for Dylan and we have so few genuine facts to work with. There are other threads that are really quiet, so I'm trying to visit those and see if I can add anything while I wait for LE to give more info in this case.

That's true. I just think it's so sad that she even thought it was a possibility and put it out there publicly.

I find it very easy to believe that MR and Dylan may have been cross with one another that weekend. I just hope that her early accusations didn't cause MR to shut down in his interviews with LE.

If he did shut down in his LE interviews, I don't think it would be ER that was to blame. JMO

And I am going to give her some slack in anything she said in her early press interviews. She was probably in shock and speaking from her heart and her gut. Looking at her ex's arrest history, I can see he has a volatile temper. So I don't find it unusual that she could think he lost his temper and harmed her missing son. jmo

It is rather startling to hear a mother say that the father does not treat his son very well-did no one ask follow-up questions? What did she mean by this?

bbm - YEAH, really!

I know this is one of the most sensitive and divisive issues on Dylan's disappearance and I can see both sides (and go back and forth)... but I would like more details on mom's comments. Preferrably knowing how truthful everything is.. with CR's input.

""I was married to Mark for a lot of years, and I know the way he reacts to things," the mother told ABC News. "If Dylan maybe did or said something that wasn't what Mark wanted to hear, I'm just afraid of how Mark would have reacted."

Did a reporter really hear this and move on with the interview?? REALLY??

It's also important for me to note that mom has stated things like:

"I don't mean to be a pessimist, because it's my son's life we're talking about, But Dylan would have called by now," Elaine Redwine said.

If she had legitimate concerns - I see very little wrong with her voicing them as she did - I don't see what she said as narrowing the focus or eliminating other options in the search for Dylan. Imo.

???? They were? I've been so busy over here. Not scaling down here, petsonky everything has been beaten to death here....and until we haveore info there's not a lot to say that hasn't been said already.

Yes, sad to say they were. here

If he did shut down in his LE interviews, I don't think it would be ER that was to blame. JMO

And I am going to give her some slack in anything she said in her early press interviews. She was probably in shock and speaking from her heart and her gut. Looking at her ex's arrest history, I can see he has a volatile temper. So I don't find it unusual that she could think he lost his temper and harmed her missing son. jmo

I don't think we are allowed to talk about arrest history, unless these were in a new report that I missed somewhere???

I don't think we are allowed to talk about arrest history, unless these were in a new report that I missed somewhere???

They were on NG's tv show and also in an msm article. Didnt we talk about it after NG's recent show?

Elaine Redwine said. "I would not put it past Mark to have done something to remove Dylan from the situation. You know, like 'if I can't have him, nobody will.'"

So her comment was "I would not put it past him" not "I think he did something to him". To me those are different.

"I would not put it past him" means she thinks it's something he's capable of doing it. It's a pretty strong statement to say that you think your ex is capable of harming your child just to get back at you. Tell it to LE, not the world.

That's a good way to get your ex to clam up and lawyer up.
IMO

I mentioned earlier that I found it noteworthy that MR skipped over Sunday eve; he mentioned that Dylan stayed up late Saturday evening, prior to flying in, but then jumps over to Monday morning, when Dylan purportedly slept in. It took me a couple of days to realize it, but suddently it occured to me that there is a skip in time...what Dylan did two nights prior does not explain why he would sleep in two mornings later. When I asked you other folks if any of you had come across any media quotes where MR specifically refers to Sunday night, no one was able to provide a single quote. What is particularly interesting about that is that we, as observers, fill in the blanks with logic (i.e. in essense, Dylan went to bed early Sunday eve), but MR never actually said that...he glossed right over Sunday night.

For what it's worth, I did some poking around and in statement analysis, this skipping of time is significant: It is referred to as "temporal lacunae", and when such skips in time are evident in statement analysis, it may point to something in the subject's mind that he/she is withholding from us. This is the time period in which he/she "did" what he/she "did" and he/she does not want to stop to explain. The skipping points to a time period that is sensitive.....
Now I'm not at all versed in statement analysis, and I have no idea if the concept is applicable in this particular scenario, but it certainly gave me reason to pause..
how 'bout you?

"I would not put it past him" means she thinks it's something he's capable of doing it. It's a pretty strong statement to say that you think your ex is capable of harming your child just to get back at you. Tell it to LE, not the world.

That's a good way to get your ex to clam up and lawyer up.
IMO

It is surely a pretty strong statement. But her son was inexplicably missing, and the scenario that dad was putting out there, that Dylan went fishing by himself, at a lake 4 miles away, without contacting anyone, or turning on his cell phone, probably seemed very unlikely to mom. So her suspicions would surely be aroused, imo.

And his history seems to support her suspicions. He does have a volatile temper. And she knew her son was feeling resentful, so it was a bad recipe. I can easily see why she was thinking that way. jmo

Hmmm, I'm not finding anything like that. Do you have a quote?

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881/-1/s

"Mark Redwine had a run-in with the law nine years ago, and both he and Elaine Redwine filed restraining orders against each other in 2008.

Mark Redwine was ticketed for child abuse, menacing, trespass, assault and disorderly conduct in 2003 in Adams County. All of the charges were dropped except disorderly conduct, which Mark Redwine pleaded guilty to.

The incident involved an argument between Mark Redwine and his neighbor after the neighbor’s kid broke either Cory or Dylan’s toy truck. The two argued on the neighbor’s property until Mark Redwine left the residence and the neighbor called the police."

Hmmm, I'm not finding anything like that. Do you have a quote?

Nancy put his arrest history up on the screen. One of our members here took a screenshot and posted it here, and we all discussed it. It would be in the threads immediately following her show, but I cannot remember what date that was. The mods already weighed in on it at the time.

I mentioned earlier that I found it noteworthy that MR skipped over Sunday eve; he mentioned that Dylan stayed up late Saturday evening, prior to flying in, but then jumps over to Monday morning, when Dylan purportedly slept in. It took me a couple of days to realize it, but suddently it occured to me that there is a skip in time...what Dylan did two nights prior does not explain why he would sleep in two mornings later. When I asked you other folks if any of you had come across any media quotes where MR specifically refers to Sunday night, no one was able to provide a single quote. What is particularly interesting about that is that we, as observers, fill in the blanks with logic (i.e. in essense, Dylan went to bed early Sunday eve), but MR never actually said that...he glossed right over Sunday night.

For what it's worth, I did some poking around and in statement analysis, this skipping of time is significant: It is referred to as "temporal lacunae", and when such skips in time are evident in statement analysis, it may point to something in the subject's mind that he/she is withholding from us. This is the time period in which he/she "did" what he/she "did" and he/she does not want to stop to explain. The skipping points to a time period that is sensitive.....
Now I'm not at all versed in statement analysis, and I have no idea if the concept is applicable in this particular scenario, but it certainly gave me reason to pause..
how 'bout you?

There are a lot of rules in statement analysis that light up the hinky meter when he speaks. Including some of the cliches used like ' out like a light' and ' we struggled with..' jmo

???? They were? I've been so busy over here. Not scaling down here, petsonky everything has been beaten to death here....and until we haveore info there's not a lot to say that hasn't been said already.

That's why I'm only reading and not posting today. Nothing is new.

Dan Bender, a spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, said investigators from the beginning had considered the possibility that a crime was the cause of Dylan's disappearance.
“We've looked at the criminal aspect early on, since the second day he was missing,” he said.

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

This article was posted earlier today.

LE thought from the beginning that possibly a crime may have been commited! Did they discuss this with the parents? If so, could that be why mom said what she did?

Even though LE looked at all options, for some reason SOMETHING had them thinking those first days of a possible CRIME. They worked all angles hard I believe (yes, I would have liked the SW to have been completed earlier); they had all agencies involved.

But have they ever came out and said that they had a trail scent of Dylan at or around dad's house?
They have not issued any type of statement about dad's cell phone pings and then again it might not matter if only one or two towers in the area and also due to spotty use.
They have not given us a listing of Dylan's last texts or calls.
They have not said whether dad's internet was accessed at all Sunday/Monday.
They have not released dad's cell phone records either (to show he had been trying to locate Dylan) for Sunday/Monday. Or heck, mom's records.
Why doesn't LE rule the parents out?

So many questions, all we are left with is guessing.....

At least tell me the dogs got a scent at dad's place and where it led to - if not, all I have is the words of the last person to see a missing child....and right now, I have a hard time buying those words...

JMO

how 'bout you?

That's interesting. Thanks for bringing that info here.

Personally I don't understand how that Sunday night can be glossed over either (and I can't recall any article or statement from MR regarding the specifics of that night). I've asked and I know we all would like to know what happened to the cell phone at/around 8. If there's an innocent answer, it sure would be nice to know. I've wondered if this could be the source of some of the conflict that night (the cell)... like MR tossing Dylan's cell out the car window or breaking it. It would a shame if that's "all" that happened on his part and setting the record straight might've calmed down alot of the suspicion. Jmo. Maybe that's why we've heard nothing about the details on Sunday night.

Clearly he doesn't owe the public anything, but he does hold many of the answers noone else can address. And those answers could factor in to the overall picture of what happened to Dylan.

As long as LE knows.... I hope they know.... :please:

If you have time, you can find Dylan's friends on his Facebook page. Several of them have albums in which Dylan is pictured. One album in particular depicts Dylan and his friends riding around on a trailer pulled by an ATV. There are at least 30-40 pictures. In several of them, Dylan's friends are laughing and smiling. It is interesting to note that of the pictures that include Dylan, he is NOT smiling. Not once. In fact, he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else!! I do not know that is how he felt, or if this is his natural demeanor. It might be his way of "looking cool." I have seen some other pictures in which Dylan is sporting a smirk-ish smile, but never a full, molar-showing grin. Because of the pictures I have viewed, I would say that it is quite impossible to gauge Dylan's emotions, much less other speculations, based on photographs of him. He was captured with his very best friends (the one who made the video) and presented with the exact same demeanor as the surveillance footage.

I cannot link any of said albums due to the fact that they belong to minors, but they are easy to find if you start on Dylan's page as a reference point.

So Dylan's friends were on FB, and Dylan had 2 or more FB profiles, his dad had a computer & internet...even if the cellphone was inoperable and he didn't think to use a landline, why didn't Dylan hop on FB Monday?

continue here.

Before you post in this new thread be apprised of the rules about discussing Mark Redwine. There is also no speculation about mental health and arm chair psychiatric diagnoses. Furthermore, after the Nancy Grace show aired tonight she intimated at public records that have not been reported on by the msm or addressed by law enforcement; those issues may be discussed only within the limits they were reported on per the Nancy Grace show. There are currently not any named persons of interest or suspects in this case per Law enforcement. Please post responsibly.

here is guidance on the arrest reports

There are a lot of rules in statement analysis that light up the hinky meter when he speaks. Including some of the cliches used like ' out like a light' and ' we struggled with..' jmo

I would be in big trouble, I use those terms all the time.

It is surely a pretty strong statement. But her son was inexplicably missing, and the scenario that dad was putting out there, that Dylan went fishing by himself, at a lake 4 miles away, without contacting anyone, or turning on his cell phone, probably seemed very unlikely to mom. So her suspicions would surely be aroused, imo.

And his history seems to support her suspicions. He does have a volatile temper. And she knew her son was feeling resentful, so it was a bad recipe. I can easily see why she was thinking that way. jmo

I do agree with everything you've said. And I really think MR and Dylan may have argued over the visit with friends or the phone. And, if MR is responsible, I can see it being a heat of the moment occurrence, rather than a coldly premeditated act.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member