CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AHA. So where the heck is Dylan's phone pinging????????

[ is that what they were looking for in the ditches last weekend, before the snow hit?]

I don't think Dylan's phone is pinging anywhere. It didn't have GPS.

FB lady also said there were no clothes left behind, and we heard later from dad that was not true. So I am not sure that FB is 100% accurate. JMO

As far as I know, Dylan's mother was not aware of any clothing left behind.

Me too! I'm not convinced keeping everything hush hush is solving enough cases. Seems like LE just waits until they get lucky and some hunters find the remains. GRRRR
:pullhair:

Don't agree. FBI/LE works in mysterious ways. See the Samantha Koenig case (found dead) here on WS. The LE had a video of her kidnapping and did not release it to the public. "We" raged at LE for that!! The ins and outs of that one case is amazing ... a murder of a young woman... lead to a frozen lake where her body was found .... lead to a serial killer who then killed others in another state(s) ... to himself offing himself in Federal custody. UGH. The finger pointing at the b/f, ex b/f and even her own dad was AWFUL.

JMO and all that... but LE/FBI/CBI are working hard on this case. Because "we" want answers/have questions doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. JMO.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That is what one gets for being in a rush. Can only imagine the chaos I created with leaving the word "on" out.

Thanks for seeing that :)

Famous blonde moment :D

LOL. I get it, I really do. Been there, done that. :heartluv:

AHA? FB lady said DR phone does not GPS .....so
https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine
search for it........

GPS is something completely different and separate from the phone "pinging" cell phone towers.. cell phones ping repeatedly whether in use or not as long as the phone is powered on..

GPS totally different(tho, in terms of which is more accurate the GPS can pinpoint nearly down to the exact location of the phone)...whereas pingimg triangulation is a much broader field of possibilities..unable to pinpoint with accuracy...just FYI for any who may not know or confused on the two and their differences..

so, while no, Dylan's cell phone did not have GPS capabilities ..it most certainly had "pinging" abilities and is a huge investigative tool that LE jumps on immediately to subpoena the service provider records and find out exactly what was the last cell phone tower that Dylan's phone pinged prior to it being no longer operable from some point Sunday night..

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That is what one gets for being in a rush. Can only imagine the chaos I created with leaving the word "on" out.

Thanks for seeing that :)

Famous blonde moment :D

Now that is funny. One little word can change a whole meaning. Wish everything was that easy to fix. :) jmo

Woot! I remembered right! Does that mean I get a :cupcake:? or at least one of those powdered donuts from last night?

Fresh ones of your choosing and I can also Chile Verde Con Cerdo that I've been cooking allllllll day.

Trying to think of any missing child cases (of more than a day or so) recently where the case was resolved, or at least the child was found, with LE remaining this tight-lipped. But all I can see is a list of unresolved cases, with fairly quiet police forces. Too many to list yet again. Sometimes LE is a little bit communicative, sometimes a lot, but this case beats all that I can think of for being completely uncommunicative with the public, while at the same time including abduction as a scenario.

I don't want to debate or dispute what I'm about to say and I want to make it perfectly clear that I'm no cell phone ping techy, so if I'm wrong I'm sorry. I have no links, this is just how I understood cell phone pings on another case where they were very important.

I understand that ALL cell phones, even the old flip phones have GPS technology. On the older phones its internal and not utilized for the things we have on the new cells (locators, GPS maps and location finders, etc...all the GPS apps). So every phone has GPS technology, but only the newer phones allow user interface with the GPS capabilities.
I was also advised that the only way to prevent a phone ping is to remove the battery. Turning off the phone still allows for pinging.

Everything I have read says that a cell phone won't ping when it is turned off.
imo
It won't ping if it's turned off, if it's out of range of a tower, or if the battery is dead, according to the link I posted last night.

That is too bad. I thought even old flip phones had internal GPS functions. Darn.
Depending on where it is, triangulating phones or checking pings can narrow the location down to a very small area. I have a feeling that the area he is/was in isn't one of those places.

As far as I know, Dylan's mother was not aware of any clothing left behind.
She said she hadn't known there were clothes left behind, but she didn't deny it.

does the city where dad's attorney is located end with Z....if so, it's close to a 2 hour drive there...I must be way off

that would mean he drove there and turned around and came right back (730 am - 1130 am)...strange

I believe that's a different attorney. The divorce attorney is in Durango, but I think they're talking about the attorney he recently consulted about this case. MOO

BBM:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bo...-disappearance/story?id=17813458#.UMj1hrbTlJM

"I don't think Mark treats him very well," Elaine Redwine said.

operative word to ME, Jmo.

:D I have heard that said before but in a lot of cases it turned out it was far more complicated than first thought to find the real suspect.

Yes I am aware of that. I so hope I am proven wrong in this case, but from the get go it just seems obvious to me. But sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!
Jmo

Woot! I remembered right! Does that mean I get a :cupcake:? or at least one of those powdered donuts from last night?

True. I'd also point out he had this lawyer in place due to prior events unrelated to
Dylan's disappearance ~ so he didn't "lawyer up" so to speak...

I am in no way pointing my finger at MR...
just trying to answer ??? my brain keeps asking!!!

I'm not even on the fence!~ I can't find the fence!

True it is that MR had his divorce Atty with whom he had an appt with on Monday, 11/19, but it was my understanding from what I read(sorry didn't watch the actual video interview only read the accompanying printed version news article) that Mark stated that he had now "hired a criminal defense lawyer to watch his back" <-- quoted his exact words, not my paraphrasing.

I agree with the viewing audience being younger children. I looked up the scheduling for Nickelodean on Monday and it was Sponge Bob, then some other show I can't remember, then Dora the Explorer.

I can't see a 13 yo being a big fan of any of them.

While I do love spongebob, I do not ever turn it on. But I'd watch it if someone did!

GPS is something completely different and separate from the phone "pinging" cell phone towers.. cell phones ping repeatedly whether in use or not as long as the phone is powered on..

GPS totally different(tho, in terms of which is more accurate the GPS can pinpoint nearly down to the exact location of the phone)...whereas pingimg triangulation is a much broader field of possibilities..unable to pinpoint with accuracy...just FYI for any who may not know or confused on the two and their differences..

so, while no, Dylan's cell phone did not have GPS capabilities ..it most certainly had "pinging" abilities and is a huge investigative tool that LE jumps on immediately to subpoena the service provider records and find out exactly what was the last cell phone tower that Dylan's phone pinged prior to it being no longer operable from some point Sunday night..

K. Here I go again ....bear with me and follow along as lame as I am, I will try to 'splain. K?

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=bayfield&state_abr=co

you have to back up the above with the little ladder thingy ^^^ a wee bit. See where the towers are located (includes private)? NOTE where the Vallecito lake is located... it sort of look like a ,

It's a HECK of along way to Vallecito to the tower(s). Been there done that. My ATT doesn't work there for text nor cell. Tried it again this past Sat. when I was there. Nothing worked around Vallecito. When I got near to Durango... it worked.
JMO and all that .......

I thought mom said her plan was Verizon? Probably doesn't matter though...

I respect your opinion, but I do want to say I have my doubts about Dylan having some secret, hidden relationship and burn phones and all of that. In my gut, Dylan seems like a down to earth, regular, 13 yr old skater, gamer, baseball playing kid. There was talk of him having his first girlfriend back home this year.
I just don't see him being all cunning and secretive and making plans like that. But I could be wrong, for sure.

I wanted to comment on this, I agree with your description of Dylan and share your doubts about a secret, hidden relationship he may have had. But then I think about the hitch-hiking mentioned by his friends and that mom talked to him about as well. That's certainly risky behavior IMO for a13 year old and it raises some questions for me. I think kids really let their guards down when they play those games, everyone playing is so enthusiastic about the gaming world, they can "friend" players and talk with them daily, and I think they can actually talk with headsets. Of course this is massive speculation but it's a possibility, I think there are sickos who groom kids this way and the kids think they're just talking to another slightly older kid. It might be something that a kid wouldn't be overly excited to share with mom or dad. Who knows, Maybe I'll start on with the alien abduction theory...

Don't agree. FBI/LE works in mysterious ways. See the Samantha Koenig case (found dead) here on WS. The LE had a video of her kidnapping and did not release it to the public. "We" raged at LE for that!! The ins and outs of that one case is amazing ... a murder of a young woman... lead to a frozen lake where her body was found .... lead to a serial killer who then killed others in another state(s) ... to himself offing himself in Federal custody. UGH. The finger pointing at the b/f, ex b/f and even her own dad was AWFUL.

JMO and all that... but LE/FBI/CBI are working hard on this case. Because "we" want answers/have questions doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. JMO.

True enough, but the silence does not mean that they do know what they are doing, necessarily, either. It is still early days, I guess, from a criminal standpoint, so I won't make a judgement as yet, but I hope it does not turn out they are completely stymied and choosing to remain silent just based on some outdated LE code. I think that has happened in some other cases here on WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84