CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still checking in often; had to step back to keep the grief and trauma levels down. And there reached a point where there wasn't anything to be said that hadn't already been said. This is such a tragic case.

I do want to thank MR's ex and mother of his sons for stepping forward here to clarify things. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Now that we know MR refused to pay child support for his sons and then signed away his fatherhood when the courts forced his hand rather than pay the arrears he owed, I hope some peeps will at least consider the possibility that this may have factored into Dylan's disappearance.

This visit was the FIRST visit since ER had been given primary custody of her child.

And it is MY belief, based on what I have SEEN and what I have read, that MR is an alcoholic. JMO
What did I miss?

Where did MR's wife clarify things here? Is an ex-wife here with us?

It breaks my heart to see only 8 members on Dylan's thread. I know this week has been very tragic for all and it is the holiday season. We need the media to continue Dylan's story; we need LE to release information BUT we need to find Dylan.

I hope azgrandma continues to post here. I do get leary when someone only posts a few times.

JMO

I think the lack of members at some times is partly just a time-zone thing. It's Sunday morning here in Australia, but last night when I peeped at who was here, there were over 20 members and a similar number of visitors. Summer holidays for schools have just started where I live, so I can keep up with the threads for a change - even though there doesn't seem anything new to post about or respond to :please:

What did I miss?

Yes, azgrandma is Mark's ex-wife (before Elaine) was here late last night around the end of the last thread.

Carring over from previous thread - quote from Darcyline (hopefully this works):

Darcyline said:
I am confused why people are reading so much into that picture. He looks like a bored, tired teenager. Are you supposed to be grinning gleefully at all times after staying up until 4 the night before, being in the airport or on a plane most of the day, and then just driving home?
That would creep me out, to be honest. That would seem more suspicious to me than a teenager looking bored and tired.

I'm with you there! I can't tell you the last time I saw someone grinning or happily skipping through Walmart, because I don't think I've ever seen it. I think that person would worry me way more than the average shopper. I'd be wondering what kinda drugs he was on, but that's about it. IMO.

I HAVE seen people in or outside of stores that drew my attention... both major incidents happened to be Walmart so maybe that's why my bias about this store, but anyway one was someone violently beating her child and another was someone who had a completely naked baby (no diaper, no nothing) in the cart and the child was leaving a stream of pee while the woman pushed the cart down the aisles. A sulky, bored, or whatever 13 year old wouldn't catch my attention at all. Not to mention I'm sure a still shot of myself in any of their videos would show a not so happy expression on my face either.

I WOULD really like to see a photo or at least definitive confirmation that he was at McD's too, though.

I think the lack of members at some times is partly just a time-zone thing. It's Sunday morning here in Australia, but last night when I peeped at who was here, there were over 20 members and a similar number of visitors. Summer holidays for schools have just started where I live, so I can keep up with the threads for a change - even though there doesn't seem anything new to post about or respond to :please:
I think people are also overwhelmed by the tragic school shooting in Connecticut. Maybe for some, dealing with that means leaving the threads for now. It's possible... so let's cut each-other some slack, ;) The times are overwhelming....

Thank you iamaze. What would be an example of "tunnel talk" discussion? I'm not understanding that rule. TIA

I see this has been addressed and will likely be removed (ETA: removed from the opening new thread posts), but since I was there for the original convo wanted to give a bit of background if it's ok. I think this is stemming from a discussion that happened quite a few threads ago. People were talking about getting "tunnel vision" and sort of taking sides, who was "hanging out in the tunnel" vs. who wasn't. It got kind of lengthy in terms of who was bringing what to the "party" in the tunnel etc. I'm not judging anyone one way or the other, but it got the thread pretty derailed so the mods specifically pointed this example out.

What did I miss?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8640393&postcount=730"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16[/ame]

You can read it here...
Not sure if allowed to bring over...

It breaks my heart to see only 8 members on Dylan's thread. I know this week has been very tragic for all and it is the holiday season. We need the media to continue Dylan's story; we need LE to release information BUT we need to find Dylan.

I hope azgrandma continues to post here. I do get leary when someone only posts a few times.
JMO

BBM: me too. I learned my lesson on the first case I followed here, had myself completely worked into a frenzy, only to find out later the (former) member basically fabricated all of it. She was local to me and I nearly met up with her to "help" the case. Thankful I didn't. Ugh.

Anyway that said, Azgrandma I know we'd all love to see you post again and share your insights. Hope to see you back here.

BBM: me too. I learned my lesson on the first case I followed here, had myself completely worked into a frenzy, only to find out later the (former) member basically fabricated all of it. She was local to me and I nearly met up with her to "help" the case. Thankful I didn't. Ugh.

Anyway that said, Azgrandma I know we'd all love to see you post again and share your insights. Hope to see you back here.

There's no need to be leery regarding AZGrandma, since she has been verified as being who she claims to be by Websleuths.

I see this has been addressed and will likely be removed, but since I was there for the original convo wanted to give a bit of background if it's ok. I think this is stemming from a discussion that happened quite a few threads ago. People were talking about getting "tunnel vision" and sort of taking sides, who was "hanging out in the tunnel" vs. who wasn't. It got kind of lengthy in terms of who was bringing what to the "party" in the tunnel etc. I'm not judging anyone one way or the other, but it got the thread pretty derailed so the mods specifically pointed this example out.

I would have never guessed that, no wonder it was over my head.:floorlaugh: It must have been when I was on vacation Thanks for explaining.

I see this has been addressed and will likely be removed (ETA: removed from the opening new thread posts), but since I was there for the original convo wanted to give a bit of background if it's ok. I think this is stemming from a discussion that happened quite a few threads ago. People were talking about getting "tunnel vision" and sort of taking sides, who was "hanging out in the tunnel" vs. who wasn't. It got kind of lengthy in terms of who was bringing what to the "party" in the tunnel etc. I'm not judging anyone one way or the other, but it got the thread pretty derailed so the mods specifically pointed this example out.

I think it was partially the "party" talk, but I felt it was more that it was a way for people to accuse MR without saying it outright. Rather than saying that someone had decided that he was guilty, they'd just say they were heading for the tunnel. I've seen mods say before, if you can't talk about it then don't talk about not being able to talk about it. (my probably slightly off paraphrasing.)

I have wondered why in this "uncut" video it suddenly does cut off mid sentence at the end - surely the camera didn't just run out of memory or something?? Was going to say run out of tape, but I do they even use tape anymore? :waitasec:

I think it was mainly "uncut" to show him smile at the beginning. The end was probably less damning, so it wasn't important for the purpose intended. MOO

There's no need to be leery regarding AZGrandma, since she has been verified as being who she claims to be by Websleuths.

I'm sure she is here for exactly what she said were her reasons. I was leery of her in the beginning just because she never said who she was until people started seriously considering the possibility that MR wasn't involved. I have no way to know what actually happened between them, any more than she knows if the rest of us are telling the truth about our life experiences. Since she has been verified, I'll accept her word for it, but I still don't think it proves his guilt. What I'd really like to see is what someone who knows MR and DR, and has seen them together, but isn't a friend or relative of ER would say things were like. I'm not saying any of the people we have heard from is lying, but we all perceive things based on how our experiences have been in the past; at least to some degree.

I'm sure she is here for exactly what she said were her reasons. I was leery of her in the beginning just because she never said who she was until people started seriously considering the possibility that MR wasn't involved. I have no way to know what actually happened between them, any more than she knows if the rest of us are telling the truth about our life experiences. Since she has been verified, I'll accept her word for it, but I still don't think it proves his guilt. What I'd really like to see is what someone who knows MR and DR, and has seen them together, but isn't a friend or relative of ER would say things were like. I'm not saying any of the people we have heard from is lying, but we all perceive things based on how our experiences have been in the past; at least to some degree.

You may not get your wish as most people try not to air or show their dirty laundry in public. It wouldn't surprise me if many people on the outside thought they had the perfect marriage.

You may not get your wish as most people try not to air or show their dirty laundry in public. It wouldn't surprise me if many people on the outside thought they had the perfect marriage.

I don't understand what that has to do with what I said.

I don't understand what that has to do with what I said.

You said that you wished that someone who was not on 'either side' would come forward and say what MR and DR were like when they were together. And I think her point was that nobody truly knows what goes on behind closed doors. In front of people he might look like as great dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member