CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned in my original post earlier... When a phone and/or battery dies it dies. There is no miraculous resurrection. He would not be able to look up his contact phone numbers to call from a land line. He may have plugged it in to charge thinking or hoping that was what had happened. If he decided to head out on his own he probably tossed it and the charger in his bag just in case.

I am less inclined to think he went out looking for a ride or walking to his friend's without leaving a note for his dad. I am more inclined to think that he may have popped outside for a few minutes to play.

I'm not sure why some people think it is so very strange for a NCP to tell their child who they rarely get to see and is trying to rebuild/establish a relationship that they don't want them to go to their friend's house the evening they land... especially after already losing one day's time together due to mechanical issues with the earlier flight.

I'm also not sure why it would be inconsiderate to take your teenage son shopping to pick out whatever groceries, snacks, etc. they prefer eat.

Heaven forbid a NCP should buy a new fishing pole to maybe spend a little father/son bonding time together.

Yes it is true that Dylan disappeared on his dad's watch. I would venture a guess that most children disappear on a parent's watch (NCP or CP). If my son disappeared on my watch or his dad's even if it was through no direct fault I know damn well that we both would be experiencing an unfathomable amount of guilt.

Mark still hasn't been named a POI, correct? Is he still being cooperative with LE? Those are legitimate questions (not snarky) simply because I haven't read every single post in a few days.

:fence:

Do 13 yr old boys go outside alone to play? Not being snarky, just seriously trying to question whether he would do that, imo.

I agree that it would make sense to say NO about dropping him off that night. I would have said no most likely. But that isnt what bothers me. IT is the sudden ending to the texting that bothers me most. And if his battery had died, wouldnt Dad have been saying that already?

And if he had gone out 'to play'---why take all of his belongings with him?

Tell your DH he is not alone.... (as if he cares, I'm sure :giggle:)

Oh my gosh... I STILL have my flip phone... And give the new ones to DD and DH when their's break!:floorlaugh:

:phone: >>>>>> my phone would still look like this if I had a choice!

Oh I remember the good ole days...when phones had those wonderful cords. You didn't talk too long because you had to stand there. Or maybe you could sit if a chair was nearby. I can still remember my dad, brother and me making lighthearted fun of my mom because she would pace the floor when she talked. The floor had a worn path where she walked back and forth while she chatted.

Then the advancement came....where there were longer cords. You could actually take the receiver into another room to talk because the cord was that long!

And then phones started getting colors...no longer just black! Several of my young teen friends got phone jacks put into their rooms when they turned 13 and were given pink phones! Oh the envy!

As I mentioned in my original post earlier... When a phone and/or battery dies it dies. There is no miraculous resurrection. He would not be able to look up his contact phone numbers to call from a land line. He may have plugged it in to charge thinking or hoping that was what had happened. If he decided to head out on his own he probably tossed it and the charger in his bag just in case.

I am less inclined to think he went out looking for a ride or walking to his friend's without leaving a note for his dad. I am more inclined to think that he may have popped outside for a few minutes to play.

I'm not sure why some people think it is so very strange for a NCP to tell their child who they rarely get to see and is trying to rebuild/establish a relationship that they don't want them to go to their friend's house the evening they land... especially after already losing one day's time together due to mechanical issues with the earlier flight.

I'm also not sure why it would be inconsiderate to take your teenage son shopping to pick out whatever groceries, snacks, etc. they prefer eat.

Heaven forbid a NCP should buy a new fishing pole to maybe spend a little father/son bonding time together.

Yes it is true that Dylan disappeared on his dad's watch. I would venture a guess that most children disappear on a parent's watch (NCP or CP). If my son disappeared on my watch or his dad's even if it was through no direct fault I know damn well that we both would be experiencing an unfathomable amount of guilt.

Mark still hasn't been named a POI, correct? Is he still being cooperative with LE? Those are legitimate questions (not snarky) simply because I haven't read every single post in a few days.

I believe the answer to both is YES. If you need links, I can provide.

Oh I remember the good ole days...when phones had those wonderful cords. You didn't talk too long because you had to stand there. Or maybe you could sit if a chair was nearby. I can still remember my dad, brother and me making lighthearted fun of my mom because she would pace the floor when she talked. The floor had a worn path where she walked back and forth while she chatted.

Then the advancement came....where there were longer cords. You could actually take the receiver into another room to talk because the cord was that long!

And then phones started getting colors...no longer just black! Several of my young teen friends got phone jacks put into their rooms when they turned 13 and were given pink phones! Oh the envy!

No we were the coolest, lol. There were 8 kids in our family so my parents gave up and got us our own phone number, even listed in the phone book. The phone was in the downstairs "powder room" to be fair to all.

I'm curious if MR's cellphone was also turned off at 8pm ish.....

and then back on the next morning.

Do 13 yr old boys go outside alone to play? Not being snarky, just seriously trying to question whether he would do that, imo.

I agree that it would make sense to say NO about dropping him off that night. I would have said no most likely. But that isnt what bothers me. IT is the sudden ending to the texting that bothers me most. And if his battery had died, wouldnt Dad have been saying that already?

I think he would not have done anything besides maybe eat and figure out a way to make contact with R, if his phone was really not working. Not go outside to throw a ball to himself, etc.

We still laugh at [with] my stepdad because he made us turn over the 3 minute egg timer when we talked on the phone. We had to hang up when the egg timer was done. He said 3 minutes was plenty of time to conduct a conversation. LOL

My kids heard that and thought it was child abuse. lol

Dylan should have been up waiting in the truck for dad to get ready to leave for his errands. From the texting information from today, he was excited about spending time with his friends and only one thing would have kept him from being up and ready to go.

He wasn't there.

JMO

i couldn't agree more. i cannot see ANY lawyer saying "great idea, let's both travel over an hour to meet halfway during your very first court-ordered visit with your minor child left alone in your home unsupervised!".

bullshpit.

BBM - Thanks for the giggle... I love it!:floorlaugh:

Agree. An accounting of child support money will not help find Dylan.

It would help to know where MR was between the hours of 8pm Sunday 11/18/3012 and 7:30am Monday 11/19/2012.

I think we can now shorten the timeline a tad. Dylan's friend texting him at 6:46 am and receiving no reply ...is more credible IMO than Mark claiming he spoke to his son @ 7:30am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being the mom of a boy - yes, my son would go outside to play by himself (still does) sometimes for just a few minutes and sometimes longer depending on what it is that he is doing.

I mentioned earlier that if Dylan didn't realize his phone had died then dad wouldn't have either. It could have bit the dust during the night unbeknownst to anyone.

Some of the alternative scenarios that I've considered:

1.) Dylan got bored waiting for dad to get back, cell phone wasn't working so he grabbed his fishing pole and walked across the street to that river that is a few yards away and empties into the reservoir. Someone followed him back to dad's from there.

2.) He either ran into someone he knows while he was outside or they came to the door "looking for dad" and they offered him a ride to his friend's. If someone came to the door looking for dad - they could have been a stranger to Dylan but he felt safe b/c the person seems to be a friend of his.

3.) Dad had multiple vehicles - maybe he was selling one and/or someone decided to steal one after he left that morning. They weren't expecting Dylan to be there so they abandoned the plan & instead took the witness and now they are really up the creek / in trouble (might explain the strange FB post from yesterday or today).

4.) Maybe someone knew Dylan was coming back into town and snatched him after dad left.

5.) Maybe dad really pizzed someone off or owes them big $$$ but are now freaked out and don't know what to do. Considering how tight lipped LE has been I'm not sure we'd know if a ransom demand had been made.

I'm sure I could think of other potential scenarios but those are the main ones I have outside of what appears to be the most popular POI by the public.

My hubby was addicted to his old flip phone....but when it broke, after years of service, he found that AT&T didn't have them anymore. So he got the original iPhone....which he didn't want to get because it was nothing like the flip phone. Now, he will not get rid of that original iPhone. He gives his upgrades to one of the kids.
I guess he's just sentimental about things. Or stubborn. LOL

Hmmm... my husband and I both have flip phones that we bought at the AT&T store here. They're a Motorola brand, less than a year old. They have dozens of different phones on their website, too.

The attorney visit doesn't seem that strange to me. But, I have also been an observer of a custody battle before and my family member basically lived at his attorney's office even during "inconvenient" times. Him seeing his attorney during that week doesn't seem unreasonable.

Now, that in addition to a hundred other things...

Hmmm... my husband and I both have flip phones that we bought at the AT&T store here. They're a Motorola brand, less than a year old. They have dozens of different phones on their website, too.

Mmmm....well I'm not sure why they didn't have one back when his broke. Maybe there was a protest!

Dylan should have been up waiting in the truck for dad to get ready to leave for his errands. From the texting information from today, he was excited about spending time with his friends and only one thing would have kept him from being up and ready to go.

He wasn't there.

JMO

I agree.

Let's look at Dylan's morning, reportedly.

He was way too tired to get up at 7:30 to catch a ride. So we have to assume he slept for at least another hour, if not more. So then he gets up and eats a bowl of cereal or probably two bowls, and watches Spongebob. Now it is about 9:30 at the earliest. Maybe 10 or 10:15.

Dad says he told Dylan he would be back by 11 to see about getting him into town. So why would Dylan go try and hitchhike or walk the 20 miles to his friends, when his dad was only about an hour from returning?

The only way I can see him doing that is if his friend texted and said he was leaving and Dylan needed to come immediately. But Dylan hadn't even contacts his friend. So I don't see the urgency at all.

And I don't see any chance that Dylan went off fishing by himself either. I think he as focused on going to meet up with his friends. Not going fishing alone in the cold remote woods. JMO

He wasn't there.

JMO

I , regretfully, agree :(
He wasn't there........

Being the mom of a boy - yes, my son would go outside to play by himself (still does) sometimes for just a few minutes and sometimes longer depending on what it is that he is doing.

I mentioned earlier that if Dylan didn't realize his phone had died then dad wouldn't have either. It could have bit the dust during the night unbeknownst to anyone.

Some of the alternative scenarios that I've considered:

1.) Dylan got bored waiting for dad to get back, cell phone wasn't working so he grabbed his fishing pole and walked across the street to that river that is a few yards away and empties into the reservoir. Someone followed him back to dad's from there. =====================

sorry, when I came to add something, I lost my original reply and half of your quote...oops.

eta: my son used to go alone into our yard and play with stuff we had for him to do. But I don't see much for Dylan to do out there/ And why would he have his belongings all packed and with him if he went out to play?

I am very open to the possibility of number 2. And especially the possibility that someone who was acquainted with them knocked on the door, after seeing Dada truck leave.

But I think he would text, first and foremost.

IMO that beautiful child never made it to Marks house. It's the only scenario that fits.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son pays more child support than the court ordered. But, he's a dad so I guess that doesn't count. Really, really and truly, there are dads that are loving and responsible. My son has gone through pure hell dealing with his divorce. He adores his son, my grandson.....excuse me for not putting ex wives on pedestals or condemning all dads to hell. This is why I don't post much on this thread.

Hmmmph. No one ever put me on a pedestal as an ex wife, either. EVEN THO: As a child support court liasion for the local welfare board, I had seen enuf men impoverished by child support they could not really pay even tho it was configured within the NJ system of guidelines for Child Support. So, I busted my child support down to 50% of the guidelines. Also the Judge ORDERED me to take possession of the house since I had 3 babies and he just had to look after himself. But I said eff that, I dont want his little crappy crackerbox of a house, I will get my own. I walked away from our house. I paid and DID the divorce myself. I never enforced the medical clause or the *advertiser censored* babysitting clause. I always thought my extreme kindness and leniency would give me some good karma for the future ---ya know sort of like a huge pay it forward....but guess what? Even as recently as within the last month my ex has been a huge p--k, ingrate, unhelpful to me now that MY chips are down...NOW I wish that I had been the cliched rotten ***** and I just left a message to him a week ago that when I had the chance I should have nailed him to a cross and screwed him within an inch of his cheap stingy life. How bitterly I regret my kindness. So just to say NOT ALL women want to give the man the stiffy...sometimes its the man what does the shafting. I really hope in this case its not the man trying to give the ultimate eff you. But I dont think so........pretty sure this rant will be deleted as it isn't PC and definitely veering towards the O/T. Sorry guys. Been lurking this whole thread and I really blew it with my first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel