CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are more than enough situations where the media cuts and edits together stories to make them more appealing and dramatic for public consumption, and child abduction cases are not exempt from this... but if we're talking about this specific situation, Dylan and MR... and the questions I believe the previous poster was referring to and what I believe you're referring to, I don't think MR has addressed these pertinent issues (what they did that evening, what they watched on tv, did they talk about school - friends - sports, plans for the week, what time did Dylan fall asleep, etc).

They have not been buried in leads or storylines, whether the reporters have not asked the questions or MR has chosen to avoid answering them or redirect his answers to something he would rather put out there... there are huge gaps in what we the public do not know, that only MR knows, that in theory would not be during any crime (8pm-7:30am), that MR hasn't addressed. So he either has no memory of this time, nothing happened AT all (he and Dylan got home and immediately went to sleep), or MR doesn't want to address this time for a reason.

Especially since MR has made it clear that "his problem" is ER and that "she seems to have all the answers" and "is the one everyone wants to hear from"... I'm always waiting for him to have a nice, long sit down with a local or national reporter and give a complete, detailed account of what happened during his 12+ hours with Dylan so everyone can understand what went on, he can clear himself, and get the focus onto the person who "really" took his son. I know he "says" he wants the focus to be on Dylan and not on him, but I'm not seeing that. JMO.

Pretty sure everyone wants to hear what he has to say..... waiting....

No doubt everyone wants to hear what he has to say... unfortunately we are at the mercy of MSM to tell us so they pick and choose what they find "newsworthy enough" to put out there. We don't know what they may have been told that we have not heard. Dad says, "We didn't do much when we got home." That is good enough for the reporters soundbite... not so much for LE or "us". He could have walked the reporter through every single benign thing they did after saying that (went to the bathroom, grabbed a snack, watched tv, took a shower, checked email, returned some calls, fell asleep at whatever time, etc...) They used what was the "summary" to get to the point in the most efficient way possible.

If I had been painted out to be the bad guy by my ex, the media & the public I probably wouldn't be too keen on saying squat especially after making a concerted effort to make a public statement. I'd probably have the mindset that no matter what I said, how much I cooperated with LE, and was not a POI or suspect, no forensic evidence to indicate I was involved and I was STILL being "accused"... it would warrant a censored finger gesture after awhile.

Just because you are a (censored kind of person) especially with an ex doesn't mean you are a murderer or capable of leaving no evidence of a crime. Not that it could not be done but the probability of leaving no trace evidence would have to be very, very slim.

I don't think there is anything wrong with "looking at him" hypothetically as the culprit but given the fact that his residence & vehicles were cleared and is not named a POI & stated by LE to be cooperative... I think we owe it to Dylan to give equal attention to other possibilities that do not involve his dad.

JMO

by chit chatting with him for just a few moments to size up the risk and determine if dad or anyone else nearby. The perp could either be a familiar face thus able to engage in a short covo or even a stranger. Dylan says he is just killing time waiting for his dad to get back to take him to his friend's and/or needs to borrow a phone to call his dad or friend.

But I thought the problem was that he didn't have the phone numbers. He had a working landline right there at home. So he didn't need to borrow a phone.

BTW... I want to go on record to state that if my computer history is ever searched the reason why I was looking up "how to get away with murder" "leaving no forensic evidence of a murder" "child murder & abduction statistics" is ONLY because I was looking for supportive links & data for this thread. LOL

But I thought the problem was that he didn't have the phone numbers. He had a working landline right there at home. So he didn't need to borrow a phone.

as I said before - the perp "knows his dad & has his phone number" so the call could be made from the perps phone...

Yup, we have NO IDEA what he told LE. The news media slices and dices the information they got for sensationalism.

Just because we haven't heard things doesn't mean they didn't happen or they haven't been explained.

bbm - not all news media is like those who sensationalize and dramatize (imo) on HLN. I'm not sure if you were referring to local media or not, in your statement above, but I'm guessing some of those local outlets actually care about Dylan as this is happening in their community... the media isn't always the bad guy and *sometimes* DOES want to be a tool for good.

I've found most of the reporting in this case by local media to be very much bare-to-the-bone, without bias, and objective. If anything I'd say the reporting has often been nondescript and restricted in terms of details. But I don't think that's their "fault", I think LE is purposely keeping tight-lipped on how much the public hears. jmo.

BTW... I want to go on record to state that if my computer history is ever searched the reason why I was looking up "how to get away with murder" "leaving no forensic evidence of a murder" "child murder & abduction statistics" is ONLY because I was looking for supportive links & data for this thread. LOL

LOL!! :floorlaugh:

... and you're posting with us at the same time you're researching all of that. What does that make us,your alibi?

I think the fact that RN texted Dylan within 10 mins of him not turning up meant that Dylan was not flaky . So it was out of character for him not to show when he made plans.

Good point !!!!
And they were so excited about the plans that R got up extra early to await him, probably set his alarm.

I'm on holidays and it's so darn hot (40C here yesterday) I can't sleep or bear to leave the house - hence am posting a lot sorry! :)

Isn't that the kind of scenario which would lead to stranger abductions? A bit of chit chat, see what a nice guy I am, why don't I give you a ride? I'm not far geographically from where 13yo Daniel Morcombe was abducted in a similar fashion around 10 years ago - waiting at a bus stop on a busy road. His remains and alleged killer were finally found about a year ago, but his case remained in the the media due to his parents amazing courage and drive. Most kids I know are pretty well drilled about what happened in his case - my boys would tell you that "Remember Daniel ... " is something I say often when discussing their plans with friends.As a child some creep tried to lure me to their car. I was sitting on the back step of my parents shop FGS, and he was park a few metres away - he suggested I must have been hot sitting there and why didn't I come to sit in the shade of his car. Anyway, long story cut short - the odds don't seem astronomical to me.
:moo:

'''''but his case remained in the the media due to his parents amazing courage and drive. ''''''

What are MR and ER doing to keep this case in the media and on the minds of the public ?
ER's virtual silence means to me one of two things or both , A) she is in mourning and unable to speak out B ) she knows there is no reason to keep reminding the public to keep an eye out for him or look for a perp

:( :( :( I'm sorry I had to type that.

Yup, I know kids who wear shorts and flip flops year round. Grown men, too.

In 13 years I can count the times my husband has wore pants (outside of going to work). My 12yo is the same way. I used to worry myself to death that CPS was gonna show up because the child will not wear pants or a coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do we know what time he, might have, left to walk/hitch to his friends?
Could have been 11:20 as easily as 7:30...?
Warm enough for shorts by then and Dylan may not have been thinking of the weather.
I fear he either had an accident and hasn't been spotted or was snatched on the road/hwy.

But why would he leave at 11:2o to hitchhike, when his dad was going to give him a ride at that time?

The only thing that makes sense about hitching is if he was in a hurry and didn't want to wait anymore.JMO

No doubt everyone wants to hear what he has to say... unfortunately we are at the mercy of MSM to tell us so they pick and choose what they find "newsworthy enough" to put out there. We don't know what they may have been told that we have not heard. Dad says, "We didn't do much when we got home." That is good enough for the reporters soundbite... not so much for LE or "us". He could have walked the reporter through every single benign thing they did after saying that (went to the bathroom, grabbed a snack, watched tv, took a shower, checked email, returned some calls, fell asleep at whatever time, etc...) They used what was the "summary" to get to the point in the most efficient way possible.

If I had been painted out to be the bad guy by my ex, the media & the public I probably wouldn't be too keen on saying squat especially after making a concerted effort to make a public statement. I'd probably have the mindset that no matter what I said, how much I cooperated with LE, and was not a POI or suspect, no forensic evidence to indicate I was involved and I was STILL being "accused"... it would warrant a censored finger gesture after awhile.

Just because you are a (censored kind of person) especially with an ex doesn't mean you are a murderer or capable of leaving no evidence of a crime. Not that it could not be done but the probability of leaving no trace evidence would have to be very, very slim.

I don't think there is anything wrong with "looking at him" hypothetically as the culprit but given the fact that his residence & vehicles were cleared and is not named a POI & stated by LE to be cooperative... I think we owe it to Dylan to give equal attention to other possibilities that do not involve his dad.

JMO

You bring up some very valid points, especially in the last two paragraphs IMO. Even though I think LE's silence/chosen words are the most telling when it comes to MR, I can understand your perspective by what you're point out.

'''''but his case remained in the the media due to his parents amazing courage and drive. ''''''

What are MR and ER doing to keep this case in the media and on the minds of the public ?
ER's virtual silence means to me one of two things or both , A) she is in mourning and unable to speak out B ) she knows there is no reason to keep reminding the public to keep an eye out for him or look for a perp

The friends of ER have been fairly active via social media. The search and fundraising dinner were all heavily promoted on FB and local media. Their fundraising alone has raised the reward amount from 6K to 11K and, hopefully, to 16K next week, per FB admin. But local media? Not many bites. I wonder if this is a small town curse, a time of year problem, a small local media presence problem or what? I suspect, like you, ER is suffering both A) and B) and it is to her tremendous credit that she is not more publicly harassing who she feels to be the perpetrator of this crime.

What other family member would have any reason to do such a thing?

I didn't want to ignore your question but I can't tell you. It's against TOS. Sorry.

In 13 years I can count the times my husband has wore pants (outside of going to work). My 12yo is the same way. I used to worry myself to death that CPS was gonna show up because the child will not wear pants or a coat.

I hear ya! My kid changes his clothes every time he goes outside, no less than three times daily! Hardly ever wears a coat. i make him bring one when we are going somewhere together, in case the car breaks down! But his favorite and only clothes he wears in the house...his skivvies !

I want to preface this by saying I in no way intend for it to be snarky so please don't think that I mean it that way...

Because 13 year old boys do not always think logically and get bored easily. I see no reason to think it would be unusual for him to go outside to play while he waited or perhaps walk to a neighbors to use their phone and for some weirdo to come along with a "good excuse" to offer their assistance (ride, phone, etc.) and abduct him. Isn't that bad guy SOP - "cute puppy", "here I'll give you a ride", "you can use my phone", etc...

The boy has vanished into thin air and there is no forensic evidence to show that anything happened to him in his dad's home or vehicles.

JMO

But why would he take his backpack which had his clothes, chargers & ipad to go out and play? or to walk to the neighbors?

Weirdo says, "I have your dad's number." "Go grab your things I'll give you a ride." "I'll call him while you go get your things." or "You can call him from my car on the way."

That gets him into the car with little to no struggle or effort.

wouldn't it be easier for wierdo to just grab him? How many stranger obductions have you ever heard of where they allowed the child the opportunity to go back into their own home to gather things? The wierdo would not know if anyone was in the house, if they wanted him, they would just take him. It's not like they are going to allow him time to run in and oh perhaps call the police. Just not going to happen. IMO

JMO

Excellent post Football Mom! Of course MR has to be looked at. But how much time and energy is being wasted on that theory alone when it's not the ONLY possibility?? Nothing at the residence. Because the vehicles were released back to him, I'm assuming right now nothing was found there either, he wasn't named a POI, he's been cooperative, what's left? They have to look at other things, just as we are doing.

I've seen the stats, but how many TEENAGERS are kidnapped by a NCP? Not those under 18, but teenagers. That's the more accurate question that fits with this case.

I know. If Mr. Seajay disappears, I'm screwed. (Can I say that?)

I'm still catching up so this may be randomly placed, but if I read the texts correctly, the friend texted him at 6:46AM but then not again until 10 to tell him to come to another friends house. And then, doesn't text again until he says his dad is looking for him. Is that correct?

But he didn't text him again until 10AM telling him to go to someone elses house. Why weren't there other texts asking where he was???

So, yeah, I'm quoting myself....

I'm curious if anything else finds it odd that R texted Dylan at 6:46 AM but not again until 10:00 AM. Am I reading this correctly?

A couple of days ago I read a short open letter to the editor on the Durango Herald's website from a women out of state who expressed a similar sentiment -- she was dismayed how Dylan's story had dropped from the DH's coverage in recent days (weeks). She encouraged them to keep his picture and story going, as it might only take one person to break the case.

It was sweet but sad.

I agree with you about ER's virtual silence meaning one of two things. Either way, exhausting.
And I think the case is at a crossroads overall, not just with the media but LE... at some point these task forces downsize, even if LE has someone in their sights but if not enough evidence, they can't act and maintain the same efforts.
I hope LE is open with whoever they can be open with in the family, allowing them to call in outside resources if possible, like a Private Investigator and/or TES, because nobody will ever give up on bringing Dylan home and every resource should be devoted to him, even if "official" resources tail off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member