CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he didn't text him again until 10AM telling him to go to someone elses house. Why weren't there other texts asking where he was???

He send a text and didn't get a response.
So why would he send more? He is a 13 year old boy, not a mother hen.

The statistical probability of either "stranger/acquaintance abduction" OR "NCP fillicide of a teenager" is miniscle. Fillicide generally happens before the child turns 5 - but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. The same with the stanger/acq abduction. Who would have thought that a teenager, known for walking his younger brother to school every day, would decide to abduct Jessica, when she was going about her daily routine? A 17 year old for heaven's sake - that is practically unheard of.

Both possibilities - while far fetched, remain on the table because something happened and Dylan cannot be found. Statistics are not going to tell us what happened here, they are not even going to provide a good guess because both scenarios are very rare.

We need evidence and LE doesn't want to share it. We need to follow the evidence (not make up our own) to figure out what happened, but again - LE is refusing to share anything. So very, very frustating.

I want some cold, hard facts. I want to know what LE knows. I want to know where Dylan is and how we get him home. :(

Salem

The reporter who did the recent column about Dylan and his friend's texts wrote back to me when I queried him whether or not Mark had his truck back. His answer was that as of a couple of weeks ago, it "seemed to him" that he had them back.

No one is asking Mark or Elaine or LE, so, I don't see how we'll ever know for sure.

This has been the problem from the beginning, we have not had any MSM asking questions of LE, or anyone else. They aren't talking because no one is asking! When DR went missing he only made the 4th page in the paper...I would of thought it to have been prudent to put him on front page.

So, yeah, I'm quoting myself....

I'm curious if anything else finds it odd that R texted Dylan at 6:46 AM but not again until 10:00 AM. Am I reading this correctly?

Good catch! I hadn't noticed that. Makes you wonder, huh???

Not sure what to make of the gap in times between R's texts to Dylan. I'm still not sure that the texts shown in the Durango Herald are all the texts between R and Dylan. Of course who knows, just like nearly everything else in this case, LE isn't saying anything.

I pray LE is being this way because they do know something, and don't have the right amount of proof to say anything yet.

BTW... I want to go on record to state that if my computer history is ever searched the reason why I was looking up "how to get away with murder" "leaving no forensic evidence of a murder" "child murder & abduction statistics" is ONLY because I was looking for supportive links & data for this thread. LOL

LMAO! I was thinking the exact same as you, heck I have things from Casey Anthony that could make me look odd. Research can really cause for some pretty funny situations. lol

Exactly. Dylan was eager to meet his friend. Friend was eager to meet him, and a little bit after 6:30 am was already asking where Dylan was.

He send a text and didn't get a response.
So why would he send more? He is a 13 year old boy, not a mother hen.

Haha, ok. As you stated, he was eager to see his friend and was already texting him a little after 6:30. So he just drops it after his one text was not answered for fear of being a mother hen?

Excellent post Football Mom! Of course MR has to be looked at. But how much time and energy is being wasted on that theory alone when it's not the ONLY possibility?? Nothing at the residence. Because the vehicles were released back to him, I'm assuming right now nothing was found there either, he wasn't named a POI, he's been cooperative, what's left? They have to look at other things, just as we are doing.

I've seen the stats, but how many TEENAGERS are kidnapped by a NCP? Not those under 18, but teenagers. That's the more accurate question that fits with this case.
According to this study 1,300 teens were victim to family abductions or one percent of all family abductions. Please be advised this is considered an unreliable statistic due to a lack of data.

There is no study that I am aware of - for either parental/familial abduction or filicide - that is specific to custodial arrangements.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/196466.pdf

Excellent post Football Mom! Of course MR has to be looked at. But how much time and energy is being wasted on that theory alone when it's not the ONLY possibility?? Nothing at the residence. Because the vehicles were released back to him, I'm assuming right now nothing was found there either, he wasn't named a POI, he's been cooperative, what's left? They have to look at other things, just as we are doing.

I've seen the stats, but how many TEENAGERS are kidnapped by a NCP? Not those under 18, but teenagers. That's the more accurate question that fits with this case.

I think there are about 300,000 missing teens which have been designated as ' runaways.' And 1.6 million run away every year. Most come home but a quarter of those remain missing. They are virtually ignored by LE and the press. I think that a small percentage of that number might be teens who were disposed of by various family members, and then reported as runaways. imo

FAQ - National Runaway Switchboard
www.1800runaway.org/faq/Jump to How many kids run away each year?‎: ? In 2002, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention estimated that 1.6 million ...

Is it strange to anyone else that MR has never actually pleaded for Dylan's release, for his return, for anything of the sort? I find that weird.

Haha, ok. As you stated, he was eager to see his friend and was already texting him a little after 6:30. So he just drops it after his one text was not answered for fear of being a mother hen?

As I posted earlier today, I believe the texts the DH printed are unedited but I do not believe they printed the entire batch of text msgs that were sent by Dylan's friend.

Not sure what to make of the gap in times between R's texts to Dylan. I'm still not sure that the texts shown in the Durango Herald are all the texts between R and Dylan. Of course who knows, just like nearly everything else in this case, LE isn't saying anything.

There's an actual screen shot of the phone showing the "Come to N***o's" then the "Dude your dad's looking for you" text. You can't manipulate the iPhone that way without deleting individual texts.

Thanks for the link it confirms the FBI is still involved.

Dan Bender, a spokesman for the LaPlata County Sheriff's Office, said three local law enforcement agencies, along with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are chasing every tip and clue but at this point have no suspect.

BTW... I want to go on record to state that if my computer history is ever searched the reason why I was looking up "how to get away with murder" "leaving no forensic evidence of a murder" "child murder & abduction statistics" is ONLY because I was looking for supportive links & data for this thread. LOL

Oh no worries. I think we all need that disclaimer. I know i sure do especially after the C. Anthony trial. On many topics. Yep I'm sunk too :floorlaugh:

He asked and didn't get an answer. I really don't understand as what you expect he would do in such a situation.

FWIW - If the last known time the Dylan's phone was used (not saying working or anything else) by Dylan was around 8 pm Sunday night.
The next time MR was seen was sometime Monday morning for his errands, he had an attorney appt. so let's say that was at 8 am Monday.

How far can you drive round trip in 12 hours? Pretty far.

So, IMO, if MR was to have done something to Dylan on the drive home, he had 12 hours driving time, heck give it 10 hours, to go anywhere. That's a lot of ground to cover.

IIRC someone earlier posted about the differences between stranger & family disposing of a body. IMO, a family member would be more caring, have some remorse. Perhaps an old favorite campground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member