CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/0/SEARCH/A-boy’s-life

From the link, it says R texted Dylan throughout the day. That is not what the screen shot of the phone shows. So, if they deleted some of the messages to take a screen shot, I wonder why that would be. Really, no one sees anything odd about this?

To tell you the truth I have so many things in my head about a theory....One of them having to do with someone other than MR.....and this text kinda brings that theory to light...but I also have MR in a theory...So I throw anything out there that seems strange to me...any thought....any idea.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/0/SEARCH/A-boy’s-life

From the link, it says R texted Dylan throughout the day. That is not what the screen shot of the phone shows. So, if they deleted some of the messages to take a screen shot, I wonder why that would be. Really, no one sees anything odd about this?

Is the problem that those few texts R sent Dylan aren't sufficient to be described as "throughout the day"? They're not enough?

You're thinking that.. LE deleted the texts? Or R did? And they did this ..... to....? Make someone look bad......? Or someone look good.....? Or.....? Sorry I'm trying to see what it is you're seeing.

Wow, ok. How convenient that Dylan is supposedly glued to his phone, but others can get distracted and forget all about it. Someone said that the friend texting closely after 6:30 AM shows Dylan wasn't flaky, so maybe he was. It's ridiculous how something that doesn't necessarily fit into the MR is an evil *advertiser censored* who killed his son theory is so quickly poopoo'd and we shouldn't "read much into that."

Respectfully, I'd suggest to you (and, like each and every post at WS, you can take what you like, and leave the rest...) - isn't it possible that our own biases are apparent in our lines of thinking, especially when offering an interpretation of the limited facts we have? For example, I am of the opinion that it's more likely than not, that MR was involved in some fashion. Whether accidental, intentional, etc., and the method thereof - I have no idea. I wouldn't begin to wager a guess because I don't feel that there is enough data to support a conclusion one way or the other.

Hell, I don't think there is enough data to conclusively state that MR is involved. It seems to me that LE is still investigating to the best of their ability, but that they have, for whatever reason (and I'm sure it is a good reason), decided NOT to offer more information to the public, (as oftentimes, LE does release more info, in the hopes of locating either Dylan, or the perp, should one exist.)

There are a multitude of inferences that can be drawn from LE's decision to remain quiet. But they are just that: Inferences. No one here, IMO, can conclusively state anything regarding this case...but we can (and do!) offer our opinions interpreting the facts and nuances regarding this case.

That's what we do.

And I enjoy reading (nearly) ever post here, at WS, despite the point of view obvious through the poster's thoughts/ideas. I happen to enjoy reading your posts, as well, although I disagree with you in regards to some of your interpretations. I still enjoy reading them.

I hope we can all continue to enjoy WS, and I realllllly hope to come home from work one day and see 'FOUND SAFE' at the top of my ever-opened browser tab that starts with CO-Dylan Redwine....

I'd just LOVE that.

Thanks guys for all your posts, I've noticed they are dwindling in number...but I've always been a sucker for qualitative posts, not quantitative.

I think the key words are "if you have remorse" sometimes it's a dumpster to end up in a landfill. Sometimes you do see a more "caring" placement of the body.

Going with that... Perhaps there is a special place that holds a special significance for Mark of a time when Dylan was much younger and they did things together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the young boys name that I am thinking of, but they found him several years later and he was alive...although I am not sure what age he was when he went missing.

Shawn hornbeck and Ben ornsby

This news article is dated 12/18 p.m.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22217778/spirits-are-down-but-search-goes-dylan-redwine

In the article, Dan Bender, a spokesman for the LaPlata County Sheriff's Office,
clearly states that they have no suspect.

I respectfully ask why this site is continuing to allow the accusations/bashing of MR considering that he is not a suspect.

Thx

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Bashing is not allowed. If you see this being done then please alert and a Mod will look at it.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

Is the problem that those few texts R sent Dylan aren't sufficient to be described as "throughout the day"? They're not enough?

You're thinking that.. LE deleted the texts? Or R did? And they did this ..... to....? Make someone look bad......? Or someone look good.....? Or.....? Sorry I'm trying to see what it is you're seeing.

I don't know what I think other than it's odd to me that there was such a gap in between the texts. I really don't see the urgency until the 4:00 text. I'm wondering why, if Dylan was so glued to his phone and texting with friends, wouldn't there be more of a panic and influx of texts after at least the 10:00 text went unanswered.

'''''but his case remained in the the media due to his parents amazing courage and drive. ''''''

What are MR and ER doing to keep this case in the media and on the minds of the public ?
ER's virtual silence means to me one of two things or both , A) she is in mourning and unable to speak out B ) she knows there is no reason to keep reminding the public to keep an eye out for him or look for a perp

:( :( :( I'm sorry I had to type that.

To be fair - the Morcombes are extraordinary people. They set up the Daniel Morcombe Foundation soon after Daniel's disappearance, with the aim of better educating children and families about safety and child protection. They have developed a school curriculum which has been adopted here in their home state at least, and they travel extensively visiting schools and addressing the students directly. Thousands of schools participate in annual Day for Daniel events to raise awareness about child safety. At the same time theirs is a long drawn out, very sad story. Daniel's remains were only laid to rest a couple of weeks ago, after 10 years of searching and waiting. His alleged abductor and killer is yet to go to trial.
I would not say ER has been virtually silent - she and her friends are certainly keeping the public informed and interest alive via the FMDR fb page, which in these times is an important tool.

Going with that... Perhaps there is a special place that holds a special significance for Mark of a time when Dylan was much younger and they did things together?

Certainly open to that. Yet again I just dont get a warm fuzzy feeling about their relationship. If MR is responsible I tend to sway toward a malice intent. I lean toward "the place" having more meaning to MR. Comfortable,knows the area well,a hard find for LE etc. just my gut feeling. Certainly open to your option as well as others :seeya:

I don't know what I think other than it's odd to me that there was such a gap in between the texts. I really don't see the urgency until the 4:00 text. I'm wondering why, if Dylan was so glued to his phone and texting with friends, wouldn't there be more of a panic and influx of texts after at least the 10:00 text went unanswered.

So you're looking for more of a panic and influx of texts after at least the 10am texts go unanswered.

I don't have a good answer as to why a 13-year old (R) wouldn't panic and go into alert mode in those first few hours.

I only have guesses. Maybe he thought Dylan was hitchhiking or making his way over. The night before Dylan was brief in texts that his father wouldn't let him visit with Ryan, perhaps MR took the phone away. MR has suggested cell service at his house was spotty -- maybe R was aware of this. Dylan could've slept in. I don't know. R is 13, do 13 year old boys panic in those lax circumstance?

MR eventually meandered over to R's house to see if Dylan was there... that was a good time for R to panic, IMO.

I guess in my mind, I'm more concerned with the parent waiting several hours to put these pieces together and show concern than I am a 13 year old boy not freaking out over missed texts.

first text from R on monday morning was before 7am, the next was 10am, then 4.12pm, then 7.53pm

that IMO looks very much like throughout the day, starting in the morning, then afternoon then evening.

there could also have been attempts to call Dylan

Certainly open to that. Yet again I just dont get a warm fuzzy feeling about their relationship. If MR is responsible I tend to sway toward a malice intent. I lean toward "the place" having more meaning to MR. Comfortable,knows the area well,a hard find for LE etc. just my gut feeling. Certainly open to your option as well as others :seeya:

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I'm of the belief that this was no accident nor was it spontaneous.

I was just thinking of a man I know that enjoyed his children very much when they were little but as soon as they developed their own thoughts, opinions and feelings he was unable to relate. He divorced..This person I know would create fantasies of how things should go and when they didn't happen like he envisioned he would lash out and become furious. Fantasies like his young teen children would be overjoyed to see him ( when he actually showed up) throw themselves at him crying daddy daddy we love you. Instead he was met by children that were real people with their own feelings. That was simething he never adjusted to. He felt they were no longer an extension of him. The visits and all communication stopped.
He would often pine for the days they looked up to him, worshiped him and were disparate for his attention. He talked about a camping trip constantly back when his kids were 5 & 6 years old . That's the kinda thing I was thinking of when I posted that.

From what I little I know about Mark. He reminds me very much of this man

Wow, ok. How convenient that Dylan is supposedly glued to his phone, but others can get distracted and forget all about it. Someone said that the friend texting closely after 6:30 AM shows Dylan wasn't flaky, so maybe he was. It's ridiculous how something that doesn't necessarily fit into the MR is an evil *advertiser censored* who killed his son theory is so quickly poopoo'd and we shouldn't "read much into that."

Okay, sorry I just was stating my thoughts on the gaps of texts between R and Dylan. Not sure I need to be attacked about stating my thoughts on that. :waitasec:

first text from R on monday morning was before 7am, the next was 10am, then 4.12pm, then 7.53pm

that IMO looks very much like throughout the day, starting in the morning, then afternoon then evening.

there could also have been attempts to call Dylan

Based on Dylan saying he would text and call all day if R didn't get up and let him in, I would think there would be a little more urgency and wondering where he was. If he thought he was maybe hitching a ride, I would think that would create even more urgency when he didn't show or respond.

Okay, sorry I just was stating my thoughts on the gaps of texts between R and Dylan. Not sure I need to be attacked about stating my thoughts on that. :waitasec:

Um, I wasn't attacking. I was questioning why some things are written off as kids getting distracted when it's convenient for a specific theory, but not others. It was an observation.

Based on Dylan saying he would text and call all day if R didn't get up and let him in, I would think there would be a little more urgency and wondering where he was. If he thought he was maybe hitching a ride, I would think that would create even more urgency when he didn't show or respond.

maybe the friend didn't think Dylan was hitching a ride, maybe he tried to call Dylan a gazillion times rather than text

I guess I can only reason that R had received a text the night before that he couldn't come that eve and had to wait til the a.m. per Dad. R may have concluded there was another plan change. The last he knew he was with Dad. Dad that he had not spent much time with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01