CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Dylan saying he would text and call all day if R didn't get up and let him in, I would think there would be a little more urgency and wondering where he was. If he thought he was maybe hitching a ride, I would think that would create even more urgency when he didn't show or respond.

Still not understanding what it is what you are getting at, are you focusing on a 13 year old boy as being suspicious??

I guess I can only reason that R had received a text the night before that he couldn't come that eve and had to wait til the a.m. per Dad. R may have concluded there was another plan change. The last he knew he was with Dad. Dad that he had not spent much time with.

Yeah dear old dad that he wasn't too keen on seeing, would much rather see his friends..... Like any other normal 13 year old.

I'm sure dad was less than thrilled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on Dylan saying he would text and call all day if R didn't get up and let him in, I would think there would be a little more urgency and wondering where he was. If he thought he was maybe hitching a ride, I would think that would create even more urgency when he didn't show or respond.

I'm trying to think like a 13 year old boy, but I'm not one so it's hard.

I'm guessing R wasn't sitting thinking of all the potential dangers and reasons Dylan might not be there. Like oh he might've hitched a ride and man that could've been bad or maybe he got sick or hurt and I should go into panic mode. The 13 year old boys I know would probably assume if something happened to their playmate, the parent would make a quick call to the friend or their parent ("hey, Dylan fell and got hurt, we're on our way to the ER, just wanted to let you know").

I get the impression from everything I've read about these boys that they didn't function with a sense of urgency. Until a serious situation presented itself. Like "wake up and let me in your house" or ... hey, you're missing.

This news article is dated 12/18 p.m.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22217778/spirits-are-down-but-search-goes-dylan-redwine

In the article, Dan Bender, a spokesman for the LaPlata County Sheriff's Office,
clearly states that they have no suspect.

I respectfully ask why this site is continuing to allow the accusations/bashing of MR considering that he is not a suspect.

Thx

The mods here are very consistent, in my experience, with site rules and regulations. I'm sure that any violations will be dealt with immediately and appropriately. That is why I trust this site.

The fact that LE has not NAMED him a suspect, does not mean that he is not a POI. Keep in mind that it is often necessary for LE to 'play their cards close to the vest.' I have a strong feeling that they are doing just that, with whatever information they have. And I am certain that they are following ALL paths of possibility, with regards to POIs and circumstances.

IMO, though, the text/IM/call pattern of any teenager in this scenario would be very telling...:waitasec:

I don't know the young boys name that I am thinking of, but they found him several years later and he was alive...although I am not sure what age he was when he went missing.

Steven Staynor?

Big bro turned out to be the Yosemite killer?

R seems to sense some urgency after Dad shows up at his House. MR wasn't panicking upon returning home for hours and Dylan not answering his attempts to reach him by cell for the better part of the aft. I have a reasonable expectation of an adult to panic before a 13 year old who assumes his friend is with his Dad. I think the hitchhiking comments grew legs. I'm sure R was questioned at great length as to their habits by LE. I only read of one time in a snowstorm Dylan stuck his thumb out to get himself and friend/s home. I'm sure in a 13 year olds mind who had a buddy looking forward to seeing him "may" hitchhike which would explain his disappearance. MOO

Its early morning he sends a text then figures his dad wont let him come again like the night before. Im sure he was waiting for dylan to text him and didnt want to bother him if he was doing stuff with his dad. I see nothing sinister in this childs texts!
Id like to know what this kid thinks happend to Dylan!

Um, I wasn't attacking. I was questioning why some things are written off as kids getting distracted when it's convenient for a specific theory, but not others. It was an observation.

Okay, you quoted my exact words for whatever reasons. Anyway, I'm not getting into a disagreement over this. No point in it.

I have yet to hear any locals defending MH and saying what a jolly good fellow he is.

I am wondering what the local flavor is down there. Surely people gather and gossip.

I wonder which way the wind is blowing these days?

I would love to have a seat at the next Bunco party the cops wives have. Now that would be interesting chit chat. They usually know everything!

Let me just say, I do not think anything sinister of the kid. At all. I guess based on my own son (who is 12) there'd be more texts, like every minute, if only just to mess with his friend who wasn't responding.

The mods here are very consistent, in my experience, with site rules and regulations. I'm sure that any violations will be dealt with immediately and appropriately. That is why I trust this site.

The fact that LE has not NAMED him a suspect, does not mean that he is not a POI. Keep in mind that it is often necessary for LE to 'play their cards close to the vest.' I have a strong feeling that they are doing just that, with whatever information they have. And I am certain that they are following ALL paths of possibility, with regards to POIs and circumstances.

IMO, though, the text/IM/call pattern of any teenager in this scenario would be very telling...:waitasec:

agreed, LE might not have named him as a suspect and they have not cleared him, but they have

1. searched his house
2. searched his vehicles

the house originally was a rudimentary search, then both house and car were eventually searched in detail, with the vehicles being towed to be checked.

3. he has been formally interviewed

and LE asked for video from 6pm sunday night until 11.30am monday morning.

IMO LE know a lot and are keeping very quiet about what they know.
They do things for reasons not just random whimsy

R seems to sense some urgency after Dad shows up at his House. MR wasn't panicking upon returning home for hours and Dylan not answering Dad's attempts to reach him by cell for the better part of the aft. I have a reasonable expectation of an adult to panic before a 13 year old who assumes his friend is with his Dad. I think the hitchhiking comments grew legs. I'm sure R was questioned at great length as to their habits by LE. I only read of one time in a snowstorm Dylan stuck his thumb out to get himself and friend/s home. I'm sure in a 13 year olds mind who had a buddy looking forward to seeing him "may" hitchhike which would explain his disappearance. MOO

I agree, Bravo. While this is an avenue worth exploring for LE, I haven't heard of the hitchhiking event as being habitual. It may have been a one time thing, maybe to seem tough to his friends.

But the likelihood of him doing that, and not texting anyone, considering his texting habits of making plans and confirming them, makes my hinky meter rise and rise...

I have yet to hear any locals defending MH and saying what a jolly good fellow he is.

I am wondering what the local flavor is down there. Surely people gather and gossip.

I wonder which way the wind is blowing these days?

I would love to have a seat at the next Bunco party the cops wives have. Now that would be interesting chit chat. They usually know everything!

Or a fly on the wall in "The war room" lol Just jumping off your post now. There are subtle things that bother me in cases and get my attention over and above what we discuss as facts known. I find it interesting when a person goes missing and friends don't rally with support. If they are we aren't seeing it or hearing about it. It bothers me Dylan texts his friend he cant come that night. Yet doesn't know why. I hope Dad kindly said "It's too late buddy and i want to spend time with you" I try to stop thinking once Dylan was in that truck he was uncomfortable. Dad replied with a gruff No and little Dylan didn't know just how South this was going to go. Just some thoughts i try to put out of my head. I'm really trying to believe in my head MR was a loving Dad making up for time. My heart tells me different :please:

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I'm of the belief that this was no accident nor was it spontaneous.

I was just thinking of a man I know that enjoyed his children very much when they were little but as soon as they developed their own thoughts, opinions and feelings he was unable to relate. He divorced..This person I know would create fantasies of how things should go and when they didn't happen like he envisioned he would lash out and become furious. Fantasies like his young teen children would be overjoyed to see him ( when he actually showed up) throw themselves at him crying daddy daddy we love you. Instead he was met by children that were real people with their own feelings. That was simething he never adjusted to. He felt they were no longer an extension of him. The visits and all communication stopped.
He would often pine for the days they looked up to him, worshiped him and were disparate for his attention. He talked about a camping trip constantly back when his kids were 5 & 6 years old . That's the kinda thing I was thinking of when I posted that.

From what I little I know about Mark. He reminds me very much of this man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, he didn't kill them.

bbm:
"Redwine has been cooperating with authorities and has not been named a suspect or person of interest, Shupe said."

http://www.durangoherald.com/article...139996/-1/news

I am

e7WI1.gif

Help! Guess I just can't/don't want to believe his Dad did this. :(

The statistical probability of either "stranger/acquaintance abduction" OR "NCP fillicide of a teenager" is miniscle. Fillicide generally happens before the child turns 5 - but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. The same with the stanger/acq abduction. Who would have thought that a teenager, known for walking his younger brother to school every day, would decide to abduct Jessica, when she was going about her daily routine? A 17 year old for heaven's sake - that is practically unheard of.

Both possibilities - while far fetched, remain on the table because something happened and Dylan cannot be found. Statistics are not going to tell us what happened here, they are not even going to provide a good guess because both scenarios are very rare.

We need evidence and LE doesn't want to share it. We need to follow the evidence (not make up our own) to figure out what happened, but again - LE is refusing to share anything. So very, very frustating.

I want some cold, hard facts. I want to know what LE knows. I want to know where Dylan is and how we get him home. :(

Salem

absolutely.

340 people came out, when asked, to try and find this child. LE owes us nothing. but yet, 340 assisted LE, so, IMO, LE has an obligation to answer those who put their lives on hold. not white rabbit, but those who stood on county roads searching for dylan redwine.

this case will go the way of so many others if not for an intervention. and for those of you who believe that LE owes the public nothing, well, i strongly disagree. as should everyone on this board. the public is the reason they even HAD a search party.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member