CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a fly on the wall in "The war room" lol Just jumping off your post now. There are subltle things that bother me in cases and get my attention over and above what we discuss as facts known. I find it interesting when a person goes missing and friends dont rally with support. If they are we aren't seeing it or hearing about it. It bothers me Dylan texts his friend he cant come that night. Yet doesn't know why. I hope Dad kindly said "It's too late buddy and i want to spend time with you" I try to stop thinking once Dylan was in that truck he was uncomfortable. Dad replied with a gruff No and little Dylan didn't know just how South this was going to go. Just some thoughts i try to put out of my head. I'm really trying to believe in my head MR was a loving Dad making up for time. My heart tells me different :please:

I kind of think the IDK was just Dylan not wanting to get into a big long discussion. If hubs and I are arguing, and it cuts into something else I've planned, I'm not always going to go into a big long thing with others explaining that hubs is being a ****. (yes, yes, it always *is* his fault. *lol*)

So, I may just say something like Idk, or I'll tell ya about it later. It doesn't mean I really don't know...I just don't want to get into it right now, or type a big long diatribe.

I do think things went south shortly after that text though.

Has anybody found out where dad had been working out of town and how often he was back in Vallecito? And when he does come back, for how long? Is he home one weekend a month or every weekend?

I know he talked about in one interview of being a "city boy". Does he mean city like Bayfield, Durango, or Denver size?

I don't know why MR didn't panic when he came home and his son and his things were gone. I mean there was no note and his son was not answering his phone/text. Did he go to all his neighbors and ask about him? No, he waited til later in the afternoon to stop by a possible "friend's" of Dylan's then head to Bayfield. And by the time he got around to reporting him missing - it had to be DARK outside or getting close.

This is a man that fought tooth and nail for visitation but.....

His actions do not match his words or lack thereof...

bbm:
"Redwine has been cooperating with authorities and has not been named a suspect or person of interest, Shupe said."

http://www.durangoherald.com/article...139996/-1/news

on the front page of each thread for a while now the mods have stated that we are finding more and more that LE do not name someone as a suspect or POI unless an arrest is imminent.

and in other cases like Jessica Ridgeway's LE cleared both parents within IIRC a week, that has not been done in Dylan's case

Let me just say, I do not think anything sinister of the kid. At all. I guess based on my own son (who is 12) there'd be more texts, like every minute, if only just to mess with his friend who wasn't responding.

I can understand basing this on ones own experience- I get very anxious when people are late and/or I don't hear from someone or can't get in touch with them. I've always been like this, since childhood - largely due to an incident and I am just like you described... I text and call and go into a panic if someone is a few minutes late (and did this at age 13) -- not proud but that's how it is... however R didn't seem to be that way from the 2 first texts that morning, and clearly when he found out Dylan was "missing" around 4pm he became concerned.
I don't think anyone was writing off R's lack of urgency as a result of "convenience" because it didn't fit a theory that MR is involved... just giving proper weight to a 13 year old boy's reaction in the specific situation.
Jmo.

I kind of think the IDK was just Dylan not wanting to get into a big long discussion. If hubs and I are arguing, and it cuts into something else I've planned, I'm not always going to go into a big long thing with others explaining that hubs is being a ****. (yes, yes, it always *is* his fault. *lol*)

So, I may just say something like Idk, or I'll tell ya about it later. It doesn't mean I really don't know...I just don't want to get into it right now, or type a big long diatribe.

Agree and have had that thought to. Brief but i have had it lol. I guess it's not just any one thing but the sum of it all.

I agree and knowing boys I am sure they all believed they would talk about when they met up with each other.

Those boys were Dylans friends and they knew the situation and what he was going through.

I am sure they have been a wealth of information to LE.

The fact that LE has not NAMED him a suspect, does not mean that he is not a POI. Keep in mind that it is often necessary for LE to 'play their cards close to the vest.' I have a strong feeling that they are doing just that, with whatever information they have. And I am certain that they are following ALL paths of possibility, with regards to POIs and circumstances.

IMO, though, the text/IM/call pattern of any teenager in this scenario would be very telling...:waitasec:

bbm:
"Redwine has been cooperating with authorities and has not been named a suspect or person of interest, Shupe said."

http://www.durangoherald.com/article...139996/-1/news

I agree. My point being, he has not been "ruled out" either. I tend to have faith that LE has a strategy to their methods, which most often leaves us sleuthers in the dark, and rightfully so. I hope that they are able to bring Dylan home. :praying: That is my Christmas wish this year.

absolutely.

340 people came out, when asked, to try and find this child. LE owes us nothing. but yet, 340 assisted LE, so, IMO, LE has an obligation to answer those who put their lives on hold. not white rabbit, but those who stood on county roads searching for dylan redwine.

this case will go the way of so many others if not for an intervention. and for those of you who believe that LE owes the public nothing, well, i strongly disagree. as should everyone on this board. the public is the reason they even HAD a search party.

JMO.

That I agree with. If they believe an abduction get his Pic out. Parents pleading etc. etc. If they feel they are going to let that theory "hang out there" with the "foul play" for "other reasons" I guess I have to accept it. Seems in this case it's much more of what LE is not saying :waitasec:

Dad would have to have the luck of the Irish and be a genius according to the theories I'm seeing about the things he's suppose to have done. Would his vehicles have been given back if they contained "hits" from cadaver dogs or blood that was Dylan's??

The ME is Suffolk County, NY still hasn't release the autopsy report of Shannan Gilbert who was found dead last year, yet LE in Dylan's case gave Dad back his vehicles.

LE hasn't released Katrina Smith's car back to her family that she was murdered in because it contains forensic evidence relevant to the murder trial of her dear husband who brutally murdered her, yet LE in Dylan's case gave Dad back his vehicles. Why??

Has anybody found out where dad had been working out of town and how often he was back in Vallecito? And when he does come back, for how long? Is he home one weekend a month or every weekend?

I know he talked about in one interview of being a "city boy". Does he mean city like Bayfield, Durango, or Denver size?

I don't know why MR didn't panic when he came home and his son and his things were gone. I mean there was no note and his son was not answering his phone/text. Did he go to all his neighbors and ask about him? No, he waited til later in the afternoon to stop by a possible "friend's" of Dylan's then head to Bayfield. And by the time he got around to reporting him missing - it had to be DARK outside or getting close.

This is a man that fought tooth and nail for visitation but.....

His actions do not match his words or lack thereof...

re: the bbm -- last night I was looking into this and didn't get too far...

On the issue of United Pipleine, if he worked there or works there-

from DH article ("A Boy's Life" 12/15):
"I don’t have a college education, and I see how hard it is for me to make ends meet,” said Mark, who works at United Pipeline Systems. He wants more for Dylan, he said."

We've heard from a few people (ER, I think MR's brother?) that MR is/was? a truck driver and is out of town... United Pipeline Systems out of Durango has a Transportation Services branch (dept?). They use trucks/trailers. I couldn't find specs on if those would match the trucks he had at home that were towed but apparently those were returned to him and to each their own on what that means or if he has access to any other vehicles. Their "operation" is listed as "Interstate".

http://transportation-services.findthedata.org/l/1540809/United-Pipeline-System-Inc

I happen to believe that LE works for the public and does owe their communities some truth once in a while, especially if their belief is that a child was stolen from the streets or home in small town.

I agree. My point being, he has not been "ruled out" either. I tend to have faith that LE has a strategy to their methods, which most often leaves us sleuthers in the dark, and rightfully so. I hope that they are able to bring Dylan home. :praying: That is my Christmas wish this year.

Mine too. Would that not just be the best if Dylan was found and he was ok.

Dad would have to have the luck of the Irish and be a genius according to the theories I'm seeing about the things he's suppose to have done. Would his vehicles have been given back if they contained "hits" from cadaver dogs or blood that was Dylan's??

The ME is Suffolk County, NY still hasn't release the autopsy report of Shannan Gilbert who was found dead last year, yet LE in Dylan's case gave Dad back his vehicles.

LE hasn't released Katrina Smith's car back to her family that she was murdered in because it contains forensic evidence relevant to the murder trial of her dear husband who brutally murdered her, yet LE in Dylan's case gave Dad back his vehicles. Why??

I can think of a few theories that have been floated here where cadaver dogs wouldn't hit and blood wouldn't be in the trucks.

Neither require MR to be lucky or brilliant. Maybe he's one or both, though.

We have no official LE statement the vehicles have been returned. Yet they may have been. I have believed from the start "if" MR is involved it happened outside the truck and was always intended to. MOO

Now there is a statistic. Odds of that? Slim to none :what:

One event might not be exactly independent from the other. I am sure abduction of a younger brother, his subsequent return and attention from the press affected development of the older brother.

FWIW - If the last known time the Dylan's phone was used (not saying working or anything else) by Dylan was around 8 pm Sunday night.
The next time MR was seen was sometime Monday morning for his errands, he had an attorney appt. so let's say that was at 8 am Monday.

How far can you drive round trip in 12 hours? Pretty far.

So, IMO, if MR was to have done something to Dylan on the drive home, he had 12 hours driving time, heck give it 10 hours, to go anywhere. That's a lot of ground to cover.

IIRC someone earlier posted about the differences between stranger & family disposing of a body. IMO, a family member would be more caring, have some remorse. Perhaps an old favorite campground?

Normally a lurker but the BBM caught my eye. AZ, do you have any ideas? Is/was MR a camper?

It is my understanding, that although a person's body starts producing cadavordine right after death, it does take some amount of time to produce transfer enough for a dog to be able to detect it on an object.

In another case here on WS, Michelle Parker was dropping off her twin children to their father, her ex fiance. He has a criminal history which includes jail time for domestic battery on wife number 2. Michelle was an avid texter. Her last text to her boyfriend was at 3:15pm, video shows her pulling up to the ex fiance's house at 3:18pm. Michelle has not been seen or heard from since. LE searched the home, took his vehicles and hers and returned them to him, hers as well because it was in his name. No evidence found.

He co-operated for about 11 days at which time LE repeated over and over again that he was not a suspect. He was speaking with them on a daily basis. They asked him to take a polygraph when some things didn't seem to add up. His story did not fit in with some of the known information. He refused and hired a defence attorney and stopped talking to LE. The next day they publicly named him the prime suspect in her disappearance. That was over a year ago. He is still the only named suspect in her disappearance and likely death.

Odds are extremely high that an altercation between them that afternoon resulted in her death. But there is no forensic evidence in the known locations to prove this, including the home where she was last known to be and three different vehicles. Her body has not been found. We're way too used to a CSI type crime where there is forensic evidence all over the place and we expect that the moment a person is deceased, cadaver dogs will pick up on it but that's just not the case.

Pretty sure this is just one of many instances where LE pretty much know the who, they just can't prove it. And they don't know the where or how either.

I suspect that Dylan might be another one.

MOO

lets get rid of all the theories and assumptions and focus on what we do know

1, Dylan arrived at 5.40pm sunday evening

2. Dylan was seen at walmart in Durango sometime after that

3. Dylan texted his mom at 7.06pm

4. between 7.09pm and 8pm Dylan made arrangements by text to meet his friend R at 6.30am monday morning

5. Dylans last use of his phone was approximately 8pm sunday night

6. LE wanted videos taken between 6pm sunday night and 12 midday monday

7. MR said he left at 7.30am and that Dylan wouldn't get up.

anything else we know between those hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desireh