CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And where the cadaver dogs hit on two days in a row using two different dogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1092

Here is Monday night's release from the La Plata County Sheriff's office: A two-day search of Vallecito Lake ended late Monday afternoon after extensive sonar sweeps found nothing.
The search was part of an eight-day effort to locate 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who has been missing since Monday Nov. 19.

Two La Plata County Search & Rescue K-9’s alerted in an area on the south end of the lake Saturday and again on Sunday. Seven scuba divers from the New Mexico State Police Search & Recovery Team
searched the south end of the lake Sunday afternoon without finding anything suspicious. Visibility under water was 7 to 9 feet. Water temperature was 38 degrees. On Monday three different boats, including one with New Mexico State Police divers on board, used four different sonar systems to scan the bottom of the south end of the lake from shore to shore, along the length of the dam and several hundred yards out into the lake from the dam. After seven hours of sonar grid searches, nothing out of the ordinary was found. Due to a complete clearing of the area of the dogs, as well as the surrounding area, no further searches of the lake bottom are planned unless new information is developed.

It is difficult to get going on a new thread with no new information.

I am still here...nothing new to add.

Boo.

Someone asked about items to look for during search.

This is a post I made yesterday.

-------

Of dozens of items flagged by searchers, 10 were collected by law enforcement investigators for future reference. The volunteers were shown pictures of items similar to Dylan’s hat, backpack, shoes, cell phone and jacket

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

BBM

article from 12/13/12

This is an older article but I don't remember seeing this.

Don't remember mention of a 'jacket' or I wonder if it was a hoddie?

I don't like typing this.....

but what if you put quikrete in the backpack and somehow secured the backpack to the person (ie duct tape)?

could that be possible?

Anyone besides me feel if we stop monitoring the thread, it is an ominous sign? I leave this window open pretty much all day and it really upsets me to consider closing it and just checking in occasionally.

Someone asked about items to look for during search.

This is a post I made yesterday.

-------

Of dozens of items flagged by searchers, 10 were collected by law enforcement investigators for future reference. The volunteers were shown pictures of items similar to Dylan’s hat, backpack, shoes, cell phone and jacket

BBM

article from 12/13/12

This is an older article but I don't remember seeing this.

Don't remember mention of a 'jacket' or I wonder if it was a hoddie?
IIRC the jacket was large, I remember reading about it but not where.

Anyone besides me feel if we stop monitoring the thread, it is an ominous sign? I leave this window open pretty much all day and it really upsets me to consider closing it and just checking in occasionally.

Yes, I know what you mean. I have some other threads I follow but I check this one over and over. Dylan is the case most in my heart right now.

yes, I feel the same way. I felt the same way with the Iowa girls... :-(

I truly hope something shakes loose and Dylan can be found.

I feel the same way, I don't want to close the window, it feels like we would be deserting Dylan and his family and I don't want to do that.

good observation. ITA.

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22063185

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said.

- mark redwine. taken out of context, by me. ;)

the entire conversation:

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said.

He said he is concerned that a stranger could have picked up the teen and abducted him.

Elaine Redwine couldn't be reached for comment. She told The Durango Herald that Dylan didn't like Vallecito's rural surroundings."

if i were LE, and i'm not...i'd check the three dozen (no more than that) gas stations' CCTV and receipts in the surrounding durango area for any fill-up. vallecito to the airport to durango to vallecito to durango to vallecito to bayfield...as per MR...would surely eat up quite a bit of petrol.

IMO, JMO, MOO, et cetera...

''"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said. '''

Which is it MR ? Did he go fishing or is he not in the area ? He says why didnt' they look at the lake ? But on second thought he's probably long gone? Now here is another thing I've read umpteen times and didn't put the 2 together. How could he possible mean BOTH of those statements at the same time ?

IIRC the jacket was large, I remember reading about it but not where.

I posted to see if Ransom could verify the pictures of items that were shown to searchers/volunteers.

The volunteers were shown pictures of items similar to Dylan’s hat, backpack, shoes, cell phone and jacket

BBM

I thought one of the news station mentioned a jacket or some of the things that were found...I remember a sock?

So it also seems they were looking for Dylan's cell phone...

I haven't closed this thread now in a month, or shut down my computer. I probably should but it takes forever to come on again. I just refresh all the time.

I posted to see if Ransom could verify the pictures of items that were shown to searchers/volunteers.

The volunteers were shown pictures of items similar to Dylan’s hat, backpack, shoes, cell phone and jacket

BBM

I thought one of the news station mentioned a jacket or some of the things that were found...I remember a sock?

Some items were mentioned on the scanner thread, I believe, but to me, did not sound like things Dylan would have had, JMO.

I know what you mean. I feel I'm committed and want to see him found and even though hope seems to be kind of fading, I feel compelled to stick it out.
Question to those of you who've been here longer. I joined last year during baby Lisa and didn't stick around and I wonder how long her threads stayed daily active before ...... they got quieter? :(

Know exactly what you mean - I'm sure everyone thinks I am on here 18 or more hours a day because I leave Dylan's page open all the time.

:please:

I know what you mean. I feel I'm committed and want to see him found and even though hope seems to be kind of fading, I feel compelled to stick it out.
Question to those of you who've been here longer. I joined last year during baby Lisa and didn't stick around and I wonder how long her threads stayed daily active before ...... they got quieter? :(

It often depends on the LEA in the case; if they are speaking out at least once in a while, the threads stay more active. But often, after a month or two, I tend to see people just dropping in to check. And then if there is ever news, everyone swarms back of course.

But since I am bad luck, most of "my" cases are those with little activity...:(

BBM

I cannot verify that. My group was not shown pictures of anything. We were told to look for anything that wasn't supposed to be there. Nothing specific at all, but over 60 linear miles were covered and different groups went out.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ine-in-la-plata-county-turns-up-several-clues

We had a missing girl in my area a couple of weeks ago. They checked a pond (twice I believe) using sonar, divers, etc. and they didn't find anything. A local company offered their services to drain the pond and once it was drained they found the girls body. I have no clue how big this body of water is in Colorado because I haven't seen pictures of it but would that be a possibility? Since cadaver dogs picked up a scent there?

Just thinking with the big search and the family participating in the search what would be the likelyhood of them being asked to search at locations where LE felt there was less chance of them finding anything themselves?

does that sound wierd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members