CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elaine Redwine returned home to Colorado Springs yesterday. That had to be a sad, sad trip for her going home without her little boy.

Hugs to you Elaine if you are reading here.

Per the Missing Dylan Redwine Facebook page.

A poster so many threads back mentioned that when family does the killing, they hide the bodies better than when strangers are to blame. This worries me greatly. However, I believe if our suspect IS MR then he would be hiding a body, as you say, in a place he is familiar with and yes, comfortable getting to and from there in the dark.

Or a predetermined place.
I don't think this was spontaneous or an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting theory. Did Dylan go to the lake on his own, and then ran into a random killer there? Or did said killer take him to that lake?

One of the reasons I wonder about that is because the daytime is a really stupid time to fight with a teen and throw them into a lake. Reason being, you have NO IDEA how many people might be looking at the lake at the time. The lake is surrounded by potential witnesses---hunters, hikers, photographers, game wardens. And you cannot tell if there is someone at the other side of the lake watching you or not. It just does not seem like a good place to get rid of a body in the middle of the day. JMO

Who said it was during the day?

Sure but this would have been Sunday night, after dark.

That is hard for me to believe. He went missing sometime before 11 am, and probably earlier. Why would someone keep him in that area for 6 or more hours?

Cops were already searching, right after dark. Would the perp stay all day in the area he went missing? How did he know tha cops did not start looking at noon?

Interesting theory. Did Dylan go to the lake on his own, and then ran into a random killer there? Or did said killer take him to that lake?

One of the reasons I wonder about that is because the daytime is a really stupid time to fight with a teen and throw them into a lake. Reason being, you have NO IDEA how many people might be looking at the lake at the time. The lake is surrounded by potential witnesses---hunters, hikers, photographers, game wardens. And you cannot tell if there is someone at the other side of the lake watching you or not. It just does not seem like a good place to get rid of a body in the middle of the day. JMO

Not a theory. Just trying to "show" there is more than one reason LE searched that lake.

So it looks like his trucks were returned, even if it wasn't LE verified?? And it seems like it was awhile back. Boy, LE sure isn't talking to the press, are they?

Perhaps this is the way they do it in Colorado? Maybe some locals will let us know.

I love Florida and their Sunshine laws.

I surely hope their silence will find Dylan. I remember it was posting the picture of that cross found with Jessica Ridgeways killer is what identified him.

I'm lost; is your post a secret code? Or should I not ask?

No, I just couldn't figure out how to delete it. When I re- read what I wrote it kinda missed the mark on what I was trying to respond to. Sorry:/

Who said it was during the day?

I was responding to the theory that he went on a hike to the lake by himself. If so, he went before 11 am. So would the perp keep him there until after dark and then throw him into the lake?

And if he kidnapped him near the lake early in the day, why would he go back there after dark? Wouldnt he be afraid it was being searched?

No, I just couldn't figure out how to delete it. When I re- read what I wrote it kinda missed the mark on what I was trying to respond to. Sorry:/

Oh, no need to apologize. I was trying to figure out what you meant and all I kept doing was

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

(what is she trying to say or is it morse code)...:waitasec:
:floorlaugh:

This may be a silly question...

If you are up at the north end of the lake (near Mushroom Lane or Drive and not far from the intersection of 501 and 500) does the water then flow down or to the south (near the dam)?

Once I have typed this, I think, duh, yes....but would like clarification.

TIA

I was responding to the theory that he went on a hike to the lake by himself. If so, he went before 11 am. So would the perp keep him there until after dark and then throw him into the lake?

And if he kidnapped him near the lake early in the day, why would he go back there after dark? Wouldnt he be afraid it was being searched?

Got it. Possible, sure but not plausible to me so I was missing your point.

''"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said. '''

Which is it MR ? Did he go fishing or is he not in the area ? He says why didnt' they look at the lake ? But on second thought he's probably long gone? Now here is another thing I've read umpteen times and didn't put the 2 together. How could he possible mean BOTH of those statements at the same time ?

It really bothered me when I read those two statements because they were very jarring things for a concerned parent to say, imo. They were both such 'final' descriptions of the situation. In the vast majority of missing child cases that I can think of, the parents are very hopeful and attempt to stay positive about the outcome, that early in the investigation. They usually give examples of WHY the kid is safe somewhere, not examples of why they are surely dead and gone. IMO

Have there been any reports of looking at landfills?

Why haven't we heard anything about pings from MR's cell phone on Sunday night?

This may be a silly question...

If you are up at the north end of the lake (near Mushroom Lane or Drive and not far from the intersection of 501 and 500) does the water then flow down or to the south (near the dam)?

Once I have typed this, I think, duh, yes....but would like clarification.

TIA

Yes ... feeds the lake. The creek UP there is the Vallecito Creek. Big feeder to the lake.

My gut is saying if he's dead he's in the lake. Of course this is just my 'feeling'. I think the fishing pole statement was made to make it look like an accident if he's found. I think MR (IF he did something) got scared and switched up his statement to 'It sounds to me like he's not even in the area' because he thought better of leading them to the lake. People who are lying often mess up and say stupid things.

All JMHO IF MR IS INVOLVED

Have there been any reports of looking at landfills?

I have been wondering if United Pipes or whatever the name is has any large garbage utility bins. Where did they throw their refuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member